cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:But the boss ALWAYS seems to walk past my computer during those few moments of Alt-Tabbing where I have a browser visible on my screen.

Have you noticed they're REALLY good at that? It's like they KNOW. Kind of like how waiters ALWAYS show up and ask a question just when you taken a large mouthful of food.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Have you noticed they're REALLY good at that? It's like they KNOW. Kind of like how waiters ALWAYS show up and ask a question just when you taken a large mouthful of food.

CT | | | | | |

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
jwhite6114 wrote:Define quality.

I have two more lounging around, and I think they're OK.

Well, I'd like to get one that isn't missing any gold, but I wonder if that's a futile task. All of mine have quite a bit of the gold missing, either from the small text or the woot! logo.

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:And for those of you with iTunes. Free Holiday album from Apple.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/975265/

Psh. Amazon's running a 25 Days of Free promotion with 25 days of free Holiday music. And it's DRM-free mp3s. AND if you're crafty enough, you can find way more than just the 25 songs they're featuring. Free. I think I'm up to like 50 new songs for this Holiday season.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jwhite6114 wrote:I have found, as a general rule, it is best not to admit knowing most of the folks on this site. Between polar bears, crazy latinos, sexpot assassins, sparky, strange cat, and general riffraff, it can get hard to explain.

And whatever happened to this guy?

Who cares? We just want to know where that costume is? Will go great with my Batman one .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

alien88 wrote:Well, I'd like to get one that isn't missing any gold, but I wonder if that's a futile task. All of mine have quite a bit of the gold missing, either from the small text or the woot! logo.

I only had one that was decent (still missing a tiny bit of gold).

So the others may end up as gifts for Nostrom0/Soochee's kids and MadWine/Wino's kids.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

alien88 wrote:Well, I'd like to get one that isn't missing any gold, but I wonder if that's a futile task. All of mine have quite a bit of the gold missing, either from the small text or the woot! logo.

Huh! I never noticed there was gold missing ... it actually looks like a cammo pattern of gold and green, or something like that.

If you're looking for perfect, I may not be able to help.

CT | | | | | |

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
jwhite6114 wrote:Define quality.

I have two more lounging around, and I think they're OK.

hahahaha, I just noticed the new addition to your sig line.

CT

cheron98

bkarney wrote:hahahaha, I just noticed the new addition to your sig line.

Yeah, it's great. Now people can get their fix when they need it and he managed to make it funny again this way

MarkDaSpark

And he said he never does anything ....

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Yeah, it's great. Now people can get their fix when they need it and he managed to make it funny again this way

You guys are quick! I thought it'd be at least a couple of days before anyone caught that.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:You guys are quick! I thought it'd be at least a couple of days before anyone caught that.

say it with me...

O... C... D...

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:say it with me...

O... C... D...

Should there be an ellipsis after the D? And if there is, shouldn't it have four periods, since it is the end of the sentence, too?

just asking?

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:Should there be an ellipsis after the D? And if there is, shouldn't it have four periods, since it is the end of the sentence, too?

just asking?

It represents dragging out the letter while speaking. Similarly to if one had typed "Ohhhh Ceeee Deeeee" as a representation of speech exaggeration.

And for that matter, your "just asking?" should be "Just asking." Smartass.

alien88

jwhite6114 wrote:Huh! I never noticed there was gold missing ... it actually looks like a cammo pattern of gold and green, or something like that.

If you're looking for perfect, I may not be able to help.

Yeah. Based on the picture when they initially offered it, it's clear they had issues producing the capes. I asked for a refund and sent pictures, which they then gave me a refund and apologized for the poor quality.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:It represents dragging out the letter while speaking. Similarly to if one had typed "Ohhhh Ceeee Deeeee" as a representation of speech exaggeration.

Did I say just asking? I meant "just testing".

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

alien88 wrote:Yeah. Based on the picture when they initially offered it, it's clear they had issues producing the capes. I asked for a refund and sent pictures, which they then gave me a refund and apologized for the poor quality.

Maybe we should all try that.

CT | | | | | |

alien88

jwhite6114 wrote:Maybe we should all try that.

If you're unhappy with the quality then you should. IMO, I didn't get the product delivered as it was described which is why I asked for a refund.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
jwhite6114 wrote:Hahaha!

Why do people keep taking my matter-of-fact comments as offers for me to do something?

I'm an idea man, a thinker, an instigator. I don't actually do anything.

then your new job is something in government then isn't it. Problem solved. It won't even matter WHAT the job is, we don't actually do anything, we hire outside firms to do all our work and we "supervise" it to make sure we get what we want.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:It represents dragging out the letter while speaking. Similarly to if one had typed "Ohhhh Ceeee Deeeee" as a representation of speech exaggeration.

I thought it was aksing?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

evanssm1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages evanssm1
jwhite6114 wrote:Maybe we should all try that.

I tried the same but no refund here. I even sent in pics of all three caps that were terrible and was denied. Best of luck.

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar
Ohio #2 Wine Tasting (Anyone In?)

jwhite6114

evanssm1 wrote:I tried the same but no refund here. I even sent in pics of all three caps that were terrible and was denied. Best of luck.

Must depend on whom you get. I keep getting Riley whenever I write in, and Riley does not seem very helpful. Last time I asked for a refund of the price difference of a product I bought that came up again 12 days later for 25% less. Others have posted here about getting a refund for such changes, but Riley basically said, "Dems da breaks".

CT | | | | | |

bhodilee

jwhite6114 wrote:Must depend on whom you get. I keep getting Riley whenever I write in, and Riley does not seem very helpful. Last time I asked for a refund of the price difference of a product I bought that came up again 12 days later for 25% less. Others have posted here about getting a refund for such changes, but Riley basically said, "Dems da breaks".

I've always found Riley to be helpful if not a bit sarcastic, perhaps we are kindred spirits

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
bhodilee wrote:I've always found Riley to be helpful if not a bit sarcastic, perhaps we are kindred spirits

don't you normally insult the hell out of them?

CT

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I've always found Riley to be helpful if not a bit sarcastic, perhaps we are kindred spirits

Perhaps Riley is afraid of bhomicidal lesbian terrorists?

alien88

jwhite6114 wrote:Must depend on whom you get. I keep getting Riley whenever I write in, and Riley does not seem very helpful. Last time I asked for a refund of the price difference of a product I bought that came up again 12 days later for 25% less. Others have posted here about getting a refund for such changes, but Riley basically said, "Dems da breaks".

Riley asked for pictures of my bad monkeys and then Tye did the refund when I sent them in.. so.. *Shrugs* Good luck.

jwhite6114

Yeah, well he told me prices are set based on "market value", but didn't respond when I asked how the value of something that sold almost 1,000 items on one day dropped by 25% in 12 days later. Heck, I was only asking for $5.00. It's not like woot hasn't collected enough of my money already.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

alien88 wrote:Riley asked for pictures of my bad monkeys and then Tye did the refund when I sent them in.. so.. *Shrugs* Good luck.

Yeah, the last time I got actual help it was from Tye. But I wasn't asking for money back, then, so it's not exactly the same situation.

CT | | | | | |

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:I only had one that was decent (still missing a tiny bit of gold).

So the others may end up as gifts for Nostrom0/Soochee's kids and MadWine/Wino's kids.

Hey, I have kids too!

My son has played with his red-caped monkey so much that it no longer functions.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

bhodilee

bkarney wrote:don't you normally insult the hell out of them?

not personally, but in a general way yes.

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:I thought it was aksing?

Actually, it's more like ass-king. Because that's what he's being today

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Hey, I have kids too!

My son has played with his red-caped monkey so much that it no longer functions.

True, but it seems I only see you about once a year at Java's. I think I have 5 bad ones, so your son can have the last white.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Actually, it's more like ass-king. Because that's what he's being today

Now, now. We all know you're only saying that because your panties are still in a bunch.

Edit: That's #432 for this week's pub ... seven more and then it's time for ....

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:Now, now. We all know you're only saying that because your panties are still in a bunch.

Edit: That's #432 for this week's pub ... seven more and then it's time for ....

Don't even.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Don't even.

five

CT | | | | | |

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

Anybody have a good potluck recipe they would like to share? It's a small (3-4 families) gathering and we're already preparing two kinds of Swedish meatballs.

Mmmm, as a side note, I think I'm going to make some crackly bread tonight...

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
Moondragon wrote:Anybody have a good potluck recipe they would like to share? It's a small (3-4 families) gathering and we're already preparing two kinds of Swedish meatballs.

Mmmm, as a side note, I think I'm going to make some crackly bread tonight...

You can make a baked pasta in the stoneware, cook it in the oven, then keep it warm in a crockpot. Just add more sauce to the top to keep it moist over a long time.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
jwhite6114 wrote:Now, now. We all know you're only saying that because your panties are still in a bunch.

Where do you look at that it showed it was post #432?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Don't even.

Maybe he can odd, instead?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
CpprCr8 wrote:You can make a baked pasta in the stoneware, cook it in the oven, then keep it warm in a crockpot. Just add more sauce to the top to keep it moist over a long time.

Do you have a sauce-type idea for such an animal?