cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Imagine4vr wrote:I'd be happy to have 1 when you come to Vegas for the bottling (or via some other way if you'll not be there).

If not, anyone else have an extra bottle I could buy?

Thanks!

We were talking monkeys. Are you talking monkeys?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
cheron98 wrote:We were talking monkeys. Are you talking monkeys?

Too early in the AM, I was talking about the KRLHV on sale now.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:
1) It is no longer funny.
2) It almost got me in trouble at work.

1) Yes it is
2) Go check your companies anti-harassment policy- I'll bet whoever even tried to yell at you would be so fired.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
cheron98 wrote:Let's do THAT on the 19th. I've always wanted to see Rockefeller Center at Christmas time

Yes, good idea. And La Maison Chocolate and Magnolia Bakery are right down the road too.
Bundle up 'cause there is room outside. Unless it's freezing.
Perhaps we could order one bottle from the bar and discretely open our own for the rest of the evening.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Krugsters wrote:Yes, good idea. And La Maison Chocolate and Magnolia Bakery are right down the road too.
Bundle up 'cause there is room outside. Unless it's freezing.
Perhaps we could order one bottle from the bar and discretely open our own for the rest of the evening.

Would likely work for a bottle or two. But I have learned that discretion decreases in inverse proportion to wine consumed.

Have fun.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
cheron98 wrote:I have a very small request.

Can we please stop with the Planters Lady picture at the top of each page? For a few reasons:

1) It is no longer funny.
2) It almost got me in trouble at work.
3) Part of why I have any ability to post in the threads HERE at work is because I can be reasonably sure that gigantic images aren't going to be filling the screen, and when they do, they don't last too long before we move on. Usually.

Please?

I propose a slight compromise. Users can decide to have the picture up or not (I think it's hilarious still). But the caveat being they have to use the width feature and make it a little smaller. You can choose the width but it has to be at least 100. What say u?

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
polarbear22 wrote:Would likely work for a bottle or two. But I have learned that discretion decreases in inverse proportion to wine consumed.

Have fun.

Might be OK since we're outside. And we have a large bag to put HAK in in case he acts up.

Secret Santa anyone?

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
Imagine4vr wrote:I'd be happy to have 1 when you come to Vegas for the bottling (or via some other way if you'll not be there).

If not, anyone else have an extra bottle I could buy?

Thanks!

Yes, you can buy 1 of mine if you'd like. We're taking a ride to Havasu soon, don't know the exact date, maybe meet up?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
polarbear22 wrote:Up here, if I wait a few days it becomes an ice field. And with an uphill curve to the driveway, that is not good.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Good God. I am so angry at certain wooters in the main thread. Ungrateful wretches. And they think they deserve a labrat bottle? BANISHMENT I SAY!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

InShadows wrote:I propose a slight compromise. Users can decide to have the picture up or not (I think it's hilarious still). But the caveat being they have to use the width feature and make it a little smaller. You can choose the width but it has to be at least 100. What say u?

Nah ... it's spoiled now.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

mother wrote:1) Yes it is
2) Go check your companies anti-harassment policy- I'll bet whoever even tried to yell at you would be so fired.

That would be my manager.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Good God. I am so angry at certain wooters in the main thread. Ungrateful wretches. And they think they deserve a labrat bottle? BANISHMENT I SAY!

Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth. Nice, slow, deep. There, feel the relaxation coming? Ahhhhhhhh.......

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jwhite6114

otolith wrote:Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth. Nice, slow, deep. There, feel the relaxation coming? Ahhhhhhhh.......

It's always about the nose with you, isn't it?

Edit: I found the perfect holiday gift for ya Doc!

CT | | | | | |

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
jwhite6114 wrote:It's always about the nose with you, isn't it?

Edit: I found the perfect holiday gift for ya Doc!

Awesome! I'll send you my address. lol

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jwhite6114

otolith wrote:Awesome! I'll send you my address. lol

Hahaha!

Why do people keep taking my matter-of-fact comments as offers for me to do something?

I'm an idea man, a thinker, an instigator. I don't actually do anything.

CT | | | | | |

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
sanity wrote:Yes, you can buy 1 of mine if you'd like. We're taking a ride to Havasu soon, don't know the exact date, maybe meet up?

I would like, thank you! Just let me know and I'd love to meet up. Otherwise I am still planning on coming to Vegas for the racking? (or whatever the next step is) in January, and I will also be there March 11-13 for the Cub games there.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
cheron98 wrote:somehow i missed his post. thank you for pointng it out so i can throw him in the room with you.

my own coffee buddy... *sniffles*

just keepin you on your toes!

that, and I wanted to see what this "room" is all about.

Edit: Before she tosses me in, you fellas need anything?

CT

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
polarbear22 wrote:Would likely work for a bottle or two. But I have learned that discretion decreases in inverse proportion to wine consumed.

Have fun.

haha, good stuff

CT

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink
jwhite6114 wrote:

Might not want to highlight this on your resume'.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

jwhite6114

UBlink wrote:Might not want to highlight this on your resume'.

Hmmm ... you may have a point there.

CT | | | | | |

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Quick question for anyone around that's willing to "tell me" which one to buy. On Rue La La right now they have a Kinross Four-Ply Cashmere Oversized Scarf for $49 (regularly $135) that I'm thinking of buying for my mom. Color options left are Cardinal Red, Hedge (a greenish/brownish), or Java (basically brown). Any thoughts on which I should get?
I don't know what colors she likes, or would want in a scarf. Only a couple left of the Hedge and Java, so by the time anyone answers the Cardinal may be the only one left, so this may be a moot question...but I still wanna know.

EDIT: Well, point became moot while I was posting. The other two colors sold out. So I just bought the Cardinal Red scarf. And I had $20 worth of credits, so it came out great as something to get now.

Now to see if there's anything else worth getting today to combine with the shipping, since anything else I buy today is now free shipping....

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jwhite6114

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Quick question for anyone around that's willing to "tell me" which one to buy. On Rue La La right now they have a Kinross Four-Ply Cashmere Oversized Scarf for $49 (regularly $135) that I'm thinking of buying for my mom. Color options left are Cardinal Red, Hedge (a greenish/brownish), or Java (basically brown). Any thoughts on which I should get?
I don't know what colors she likes, or would want in a scarf. Only 1 left of the Hedge and Java, so by the time anyone answers the Cardinal may be the only one left, so this may be a moot question...but I still wanna know.

I can't help on the scarf, but I do want to express gratitude for your use of the word "moot". It irks me whenever I see or hear someone use "mute" instead, though it is alarmingly common occurrence.

That's all!

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jwhite6114 wrote:Hahaha!

Not sure having that on your resume will help you.

Edit: Slow to respond. Nothing new here, Move along.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
cheron98 wrote:That would be my manager.

Maybe you should explain that you actually know the guy...

...no, that would probably make things worse.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

javadrinker

I love free stuff. Even better when it's free magazines with bikini models in it.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/975253/

And Cheron calls me a pig in 3...2...1...

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:I love free stuff. Even better when it's free magazines with bikini models in it.

pig.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

javadrinker

cheron98 wrote:pig.

I <3 you.

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:I <3 you.

Right back atcha

HitAnyKey42

javadrinker wrote:I <3 you.

It took her 3.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

So speaking of monkeys.. I finally got my refund for my horrible quality white capes. Does anyone have any good quality ones they'd want to trade for?

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

jwhite6114

javadrinker wrote:Maybe you should explain that you actually know the guy...

...no, that would probably make things worse.

I have found, as a general rule, it is best not to admit knowing most of the folks on this site. Between polar bears, crazy latinos, sexpot assassins, sparky, strange cat, and general riffraff, it can get hard to explain.

And whatever happened to this guy?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

javadrinker wrote:I love free stuff. Even better when it's free magazines with bikini models in it.

Where's the models? I clicked the link, but didn't see any.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

alien88 wrote:So speaking of monkeys.. I finally got my refund for my horrible quality white capes. Does anyone have any good quality ones they'd want to trade for?

Define quality.

I have two more lounging around, and I think they're OK.

CT | | | | | |

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mother wrote:1) Yes it is

I don't think it's so much an issue of harassment, as an issue of using the company's computers for non work-related purposes during work hours. Remember: Cat does have to do work in an office from time to time. And, even though she is octocat and gets things done quickly, she cannot "appear" to be goofing off to her fellow workers.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

j-dub, best of luck in your search for new employment.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

bahwm wrote:I don't think it's so much an issue of harassment, as an issue of using the company's computers for non work-related purposes during work hours. Remember: Cat does have to do work in an office from time to time. And, even though she is octocat and gets things done quickly, she cannot "appear" to be goofing off to her fellow workers.

Yeah, that's the problem I have. Surprisingly, I'm actually VERY good at my job, and superbly efficient and multitask to the extreme. And that's the problem. I get through my work so fast, I have time to "goof off". But the boss ALWAYS seems to walk past my computer during those few moments of Alt-Tabbing where I have a browser visible on my screen.
And I've been spoken to multiple times over the past few months on this, hence my need to cut back on most of my webtime to be just during my lunch hour while I put up a sign saying "Out to Lunch".

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

javadrinker

jwhite6114 wrote:Where's the models? I clicked the link, but didn't see any.

Sigh...in the magazine...that you get...for free...when you sign up...

...is this thing on?

And for those of you with iTunes. Free Holiday album from Apple.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/975265/

cheron98

bahwm wrote:I don't think it's so much an issue of harassment, as an issue of using the company's computers for non work-related purposes during work hours. Remember: Cat does have to do work in an office from time to time. And, even though she is octocat and gets things done quickly, she cannot "appear" to be goofing off to her fellow workers.

You're so much more eloquent and even-tempered than I. I was just sitting here stewing instead of responding waiting for the perfect moment to slash some throats.