+ Add a Comment

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah

It's an emergency!

PoSt away, folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cjsiege wrote:~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Early Edition for the week of December 6.
Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

December
12/12: Dallas #5.5: Celebrations Abound!
12/19: NYC #14: Theme TBD

January
1/9: Dallas #6: The Russians Are Coming!
1/16: Buffalo #3: Braving the Elements
1/16: Ohio #2: Dayton Area
1/23: CyberPub Cellars Winemaking: Racking the Wine.
TBD: Colorado #4 / Wyoming #1: Fireworks in the Snow

February
2/13:Dallas #6.5: Happy VD at Amici’s
2/19-21: 2010 Dark & Delicious WeekendCoordination Thread.
2/20: NorCal #4: Post-D&D Recovery
TBD: Connecticut #5

March
3/5-7: Arizona #1: Spring Training!
3/13: Dallas #7: Chinese BBQ

April
4/17: Dallas #7.5: Citrus Bisto

May
5/15: Dallas #8: Eden
5/29: Detroit #?: Woot Cellars Celebration
TBD: CyberPub Cellars Winemaking: Bottling

July
7/20-22: RPM’s Historical Wine Tour
7/31: Connecticut Clambake #2: An Annual Tradition

Looking for some helping hands: ~~~We now return you to your regularly scheduled GTKY Thread.~~~

You know the drill ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
polarbear22 wrote:OUCH!! But thanks for that. Now 4:45 is sleeping in. Actually, only 30 minutes earlier than usual. But 4 hour commute to Jersey City, and 4 hours on the return. 15 hour day.

I hope your day goes well. Expect it is longer than mine.

Good morning in the middle of the night, PB!!!

Your commute is ghastly! At least I'm working the whole time, and not sitting in traffic.

Good morning, EC'ers! Good night, WC'ers!

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Good morning in the middle of the night, PB!!!

Your commute is ghastly! At least I'm working the whole time, and not sitting in traffic.

Good night. Glad I don't have your schedule!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cjsiege wrote:Good morning in the middle of the night, PB!!!

Good morning to you. I am on the train to NYC leg now. Can't imagine the folks that do this daily.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
polarbear22 wrote:Good morning to you. I am on the train to NYC leg now. Can't imagine the folks that do this daily.

My commute is all of 7 minutes, maybe 10 if I get heavy traffic. It's awesome!

Of course, it's not just walking down to a home office, but I'll take it.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

MarkDaSpark

Good morning!! I think Java and I each have about a 20 second commute to work. Java? Or is that total?

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
vaaccess wrote:My commute is all of 7 minutes, maybe 10 if I get heavy traffic. It's awesome!

Of course, it's not just walking down to a home office, but I'll take it.

Hey, the home office thing isn't all easy peasy thank you very much. Sometimes I get lost on the way to the home office and end up in the kitchen. Occasionally my commute drags out a bit and I stop at the living room couch for a power nap before continuing on my grueling journey. How dare you belittle the trials and tribulations I go through on a daily basis.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
MarkDaSpark wrote:Good morning!! I think Java and I each have about a 20 second commute to work. Java? Or is that total?

Shhh...I'm playing the sympathy card.

And for everyone else...it should be noted that Sparky and I do not have the SAME 20 second commute. We're not actually fruit forward and fabulous no matter how much it may seem we are.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
MarkDaSpark wrote:Good morning!! I think Java and I each have about a 20 second commute to work. Java? Or is that total?

Add me to the 20 second commute club. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cesare

quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare
Imagine4vr wrote:Add me to the 20 second commute club. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Me too! I "work for the gov't" now. Yeah... that's what we'll call it.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Cesare wrote:Me too! I "work for the gov't" now. Yeah... that's what we'll call it.

I wish I could do that...or at least wish I didn't have my 45+ min each way commute in horrendous traffic every day. I am NOT looking forward to when the snow starts falling and making the commute become twice that. Ugh!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Man. I am SO torn. Want. Don't need. But want.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Man. I am SO torn. Want. Don't need. But want.

You talking about the wine tool kit?

If so, unless I've already handed one of them off to someone else it's possible I still have the second one from last year.
I seem to recall I may have already given it to someone else, but there's a small possibility I still have the extra.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You talking about the wine tool kit?

If so, unless I've already handed one of them off to someone else it's possible I still have the second one from last year.
I seem to recall I may have already given it to someone else, but there's a small possibility I still have the extra.

I have 2 already. I bought two, gave one away as a gift, then got another one as a WD present. But I really love the stoppers.

cheron98

SOOOOOO. In the continuing drama of my life.

Airport friend is getting an earlier flight. butt-crack of dawn early. So I'll be done with that by like 8am. AM. Yes.

Chicago is looking interesting again. What's this polar adventure thing on Northerly Island?

What's Northerly Island?

Hmmm...

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
Cesare wrote:Me too! I "work for the gov't" now. Yeah... that's what we'll call it.

My husband does this too It's not a bad gig while you can get it.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Bah, I've been waiting for the toffee all weekend :P I think it's part of a master plan, by the time it shows up I'm just going to hit in for 3 and not think twice :P

CT

PSquishy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PSquishy
tenuki wrote:Bah, I've been waiting for the toffee all weekend :P I think it's part of a master plan, by the time it shows up I'm just going to hit in for 3 and not think twice :P

Didn't ToffeeKing say the woot-off was going to start today? Perhaps it's tonight... Here's hoping for some more Triacipidis! And Delong's. That too.

cheron98

PSquishy wrote:Didn't ToffeeKing say the woot-off was going to start today? Perhaps it's tonight... Here's hoping for some more Triacipidis! And Delong's. That too.

Then again, he's implied a few times that the toffee would be up "very soon" and it has yet to show its deliciousness.

vaaccess

cheron98 wrote:Then again, he's implied a few times that the toffee would be up "very soon" and it has yet to show its deliciousness.

Is the toffee good or something?

cheron98

vaaccess wrote:Is the toffee good or something?

really, you haven't had it? really??

it's crack. it's SO good.

vaaccess

cheron98 wrote:really, you haven't had it? really??

it's crack. it's SO good.

Yeah...Seriously...I haven't had it yet. Guess I should get me some!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
vaaccess wrote:Yeah...Seriously...I haven't had it yet. Guess I should get me some!

It is, bar none, the BEST toffee I've ever had. As far as I'm concerned, no other toffee compares. I'll be ordering the maximum when the time comes.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

Commuite in was more like four and a half hours. Did not help that we missed our stop on the PATH. We looked it up right after the stop, so we got off at the next stop and caught a train back. Able to have a beer on the 4th train leg on the return from Grand Central. So partially civilized.

I am rewarding myself with a Java commute tomorrow morning, since there is a 10:00 meeting at our Life company which is a little less than half way from home to my regular office.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

cheron98

otolith wrote:It is, bar none, the BEST toffee I've ever had. As far as I'm concerned, no other toffee compares. I'll be ordering the maximum when the time comes.

Somehow I still have some in my freezer.

I think I'm going to get some of it.

Holy scaffolding, I have 4 tins of toppers still.

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:Somehow I still have some in my freezer.

I think I'm going to get some of it.

Holy scaffolding, I have 4 tins of toppers still.

I hope it is the large box of the regular toffee. That is the best stuff.

My Cellar

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:I hope it is the large box of the regular toffee. That is the best stuff.

I actually like the bites the best

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:I actually like the bites the best

A cada su propio.

But I would never turn away a Brandini bite. I just find I need to eat 3 or 4.

My Cellar

vaaccess

polarbear22 wrote:I hope it is the large box of the regular toffee. That is the best stuff.

Man...I guess I have been missing out.

Ya know...I'm glad they don't have a sweets.woot.com or whatever. THAT would be dangerous.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tenuki wrote:Bah, I've been waiting for the toffee all weekend :P I think it's part of a master plan, by the time it shows up I'm just going to hit in for 3 and not think twice :P

Not me. I've already thought twice. I'll be in for 3.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:I actually like the bites the best

Me too.

Feel like I'm indulging too much if I break out the big chunks of pure deliciousness.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:Me too.

Feel like I'm indulging too much if I break out the big chunks of pure deliciousness.

There's such a thing as too much? Who'da thunk it?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Hey Sparky, you there? Is service pack 3 messing with my computer? I've done everything I can think of, and web pages take 45 seconds to load, even if they're in the cache. Any suggestions?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
vaaccess wrote:Is the toffee good or something?

It's so good it will actually make you sad while you're eating it. Sad because up until that point in your life you know you've been deprived

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
bhodilee wrote:It's so good it will actually make you sad while you're eating it. Sad because up until that point in your life you know you've been deprived

And sad that when you finish it, it will be gone.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
lauratchi wrote:And sad that when you finish it, it will be gone.

This thread is missing something. If only I could put my finger on what it is...

p.s. I'm sure it doesn't rival the Brandini, and it requires a more than casual relationship with a candy thermometer, but I've got a wicked good toffee recipe for them that wants.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:Hey Sparky, you there? Is service pack 3 messing with my computer? I've done everything I can think of, and web pages take 45 seconds to load, even if they're in the cache. Any suggestions?

Don't think so, but a recent (last 2 months) update could. Although if you are using FireFox, I think it's something else. I only have problems every so often in IE8, but not in FireFox.

MarkDaSpark

nallie wrote:This thread is missing something. If only I could put my finger on what it is...

p.s. I'm sure it doesn't rival the Brandini, and it requires a more than casual relationship with a candy thermometer, but I've got a wicked good toffee recipe for them that wants.

I don't think so .......

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
MarkDaSpark wrote:

I don't think so .......

To quote my 7 year old, "Wha-a-a-a-a-a-t?"
You've had my toffee and you liked it. Oh, you weren't talking about the comment about the toffee? My mistake.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)