cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Krugsters wrote:Go Greyhound and leave the driving to us.

Remember that?

Isn't that still their slogan?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

Just occurred to me, any Chicagoans who are coming, if you plan to stay through to Monday, you can take the megabus between Chicago and Ann Arbor. Looks like it's running around $30 R/T for that weekend.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
cheron98 wrote:Isn't that still their slogan?

I dunno. I haven't heard that jingle on TV in like 20 years.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

How fitting, there is an article about Michigan Wine Country in the May issue of Food and Wine!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

cheron98

kttest wrote:How fitting, there is an article about Michigan Wine Country in the May issue of Food and Wine!

Yeah, that's the OTHER Michigan wine country. The better one, actually. If it wasn't a 5 hour drive, I'd take us all there instead, but it really does need a full weekend to do it any semblance of justice.

That's the north area. There's two AVAs up there - Old Mission, and Leelanau. It's the area where Scott's Michigan Riesling came from - 45 North is part of one of those two (And I always mix them up). And despite that article's bashing of Chateau Grand Traverse, they are one of the best up there. They just chose an unfortunate wine and would have been better off not doing one of the fruit wines.

This is the area that jwink and I were attempting to make a weekend trip out of last year with Scott at the helm, but there wasn't enough interest. I have to admit, I'm hoping there will be enough good from the LMS trail to stir up interest in you folks to maybe make another attempt for next year for up there as the yearly Detroit BIG THING (I've decided there's going to be one each year - last year was the DTW D&D. ) That area really is the star here.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Krugsters wrote:Go Greyhound and leave the driving to us.

Remember that?

All too well. I even remember the tune well enough to sing it. But I won't.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

So I have reserved a minivan for the weekend so I can tote all you wayward wooters around Picking it up Saturday noon and returning it Monday noon.

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:So I have reserved a minivan for the weekend so I can tote all you wayward wooters around Picking it up Saturday noon and returning it Monday noon.

You. Are. Amazing.

I have rented a car though for me, ktt & Cesare.

Are you planning to drive the minivan to the wineries or would it be helpful if we drove our rental?

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:You. Are. Amazing.

I have rented a car though for me, ktt & Cesare.

Are you planning to drive the minivan to the wineries or would it be helpful if we drove our rental?

It was the wineries I had in mind for the rental. It's a 7 passebger, so we'll still need a second car. CrusaderRabbit will likely have his own car as he is likely to return to chicago afterwards. But that still leaves at least 9 of us. I'm not sure is TMR is planning to return o chicago after, he's still making plans.

So yes, if you could drive your rental too that would be awesome. I'll at the VERY least be toting around nostrom0 and loweeel and TMR all weekend. I plan to do the drving for ddeuddeg and bahwm on Sunday as well since they're driving out here. That only leaves me one spot in the van, which, if people from here don't fill all the LMS sppts, I plan to ask one or both of my wine friends who are local but not wooters to come. One of them is going to vegas with me, the other is going to NYC in july with me ;)

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:It was the wineries I had in mind for the rental. It's a 7 passebger, so we'll still need a second car. CrusaderRabbit will likely have his own car as he is likely to return to chicago afterwards. But that still leaves at least 9 of us. I'm not sure is TMR is planning to return o chicago after, he's still making plans.

So yes, if you could drive your rental too that would be awesome. I'll at the VERY least be toting around nostrom0 and loweeel and TMR all weekend. I plan to do the drving for ddeuddeg and bahwm on Sunday as well since they're driving out here. That only leaves me one spot in the van, which, if people from here don't fill all the LMS sppts, I plan to ask one or both of my wine friends who are local but not wooters to come. One of them is going to vegas with me, the other is going to NYC in july with me ;)

I can drive on Sunday, if it makes anything easier. I'm used to driving anyway. A few cross country trips with 48 high school kids, driving 12,000 miles in just under 7 weeks. This winery trip would be just a "Sunday drive."

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

Sorry, but I'm moving to the 'regrets'. My cousin is getting married on the 29th. Apologies for not checking my calendar sooner. Was of course looking forward to it, but something tells me this won't be the last event you have.

Stash at CT

cheron98

Nostrom0 wrote:Sorry, but I'm moving to the 'regrets'. My cousin is getting married on the 29th. Apologies for not checking my calendar sooner. Was of course looking forward to it, but something tells me this won't be the last event you have.

saaaad!! Well I guess that frees up a bed! And no, this won't be the last. I think I mentioned somewhere, maybe next year we can finally get together that Up North wine weekend together as the big "Detroit" event.

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:

So yes, if you could drive your rental too that would be awesome.

Will do.

cheron98

Hey folks,

If you know which day/time you'll be arriving, can you please let me know?

Thanks

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:Hey folks,

Thanks

11:28 AM for us. DTW.

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:11:28 AM for us. DTW.

On Saturday, right? And you don't need a ride.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Hey folks,

Thanks

Unfortunately, I can't wiggle out of the Friday night commitment in Buffalo. We'll be arriving on Saturday, as early as we can get there, and we'll probably go to the hotel to check in before heading over to your place. Any idea yet what time you plan to get things under way?

ddeuddeg

For some reason, my posts are now coming up blank on my computer. Cat, if you can read this, please let me know.
EDIT: Of course, now I can read this one. The previous post was letting you know we're driving in on Saturday, and asked what time you were planning to start, which was silly, because it clearly says 4:00 on the first page.

Krugsters

monkey business

Krugsters

monkeys on strike.

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:On Saturday, right? And you don't need a ride.

Yup and no ride needed.

dd is shooting blanks!

wait, I am too (In Chrome).

Wrting this one in IE. Let's see if it works.

stoopid monkeys.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:For some reason, my posts are now coming up blank on my computer. Cat, if you can read this, please let me know.
EDIT: Of course, now I can read this one. The previous post was letting you know we're driving in on Saturday, and asked what time you were planning to start, which was silly, because it clearly says 4:00 on the first page.

i can read the previous post if i hit reply ;) Strange. But yeah. Aiming for 4, which of course means we won't actually start til 5. Between 4 and 5 will likely be nice chilled Triacipedis since it's the only white (besides the Reboot which will be with cheesecake) and will be a good starter.

So driving in Saturday sometime. With the NYC crew arriving pre-noon, I'm thinking we might find lunch somewhere nearby. Maybe Border Cantina.

cheron98

cheron98 wrote:i can read the previous post if i hit reply ;) Strange. But yeah. Aiming for 4, which of course means we won't actually start til 5. Between 4 and 5 will likely be nice chilled Triacipedis since it's the only white (besides the Reboot which will be with cheesecake) and will be a good starter.

So driving in Saturday sometime. With the NYC crew arriving pre-noon, I'm thinking we might find lunch somewhere nearby. Maybe Border Cantina.

test one... two...

cheron98

oh screw it.

hey this one works now! Just do a reply to the previous posts to see what I typed.

Now to hope the first post comes back... it's still THERE, just not displaying...

I think they rebooted the servers or something to fix it. It took a good 2 minutes for a post of mine to go through, and after it did, I was able to see my posts again when I went back, hit "edit", then hit "post".

So you can go back and re-post everything now

cheron98

Added Games & Prizes section to the first post:

Games & Prizes
Bean Bag Races! - wine.woot! Bumper Sticker & Charms
$1 Raffle! - 1 bottle of Monkey Prize w/choice of Screaming Woot Monkey
Door Prize! - Empty bottle of Rinfrescante
Silent Auction!
-- 2-pack of Emergency Holiday Provisions - 1 bottle each of the original EHP and Adequate Gift (opening bid JUST $5)
-- 1 bottle (magnum!) of Polyphemus (opening bid JUST $5)

kttest

cheron98 wrote:Added Games & Prizes section to the first post:

ooh fun! I keep meaning to ask, what is the Bomber??

- Krista

cheron98

kttest wrote:ooh fun! I keep meaning to ask, what is the Bomber??

Awesome breakfast place A less fancy version of Vegas' Hash House. Same sized portions.

It's become a tradition

kttest

cheron98 wrote:Awesome breakfast place A less fancy version of Vegas' Hash House. Same sized portions.

It's become a tradition

Yum, I LOVE breakfast and I was always jealous when people talked about Hash House, so yay!

- Krista

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:Added Games & Prizes section to the first post:

Games & Prizes
Bean Bag Races! - wine.woot! Bumper Sticker & Charms
$1 Raffle! - 1 bottle of Monkey Prize w/choice of Screaming Woot Monkey
Door Prize! - Empty bottle of Rinfrescante
Silent Auction!
-- 2-pack of Emergency Holiday Provisions - 1 bottle each of the original EHP and Adequate Gift (opening bid JUST $5)
-- 1 bottle (magnum!) of Polyphemus (opening bid JUST $5)

3 bumper stickers, 2 packs of charms for prizes here.
Will the Poly be in the live auction?
And which charity will this benefit? (can you tell I do this often?)

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:3 bumper stickers, 2 packs of charms for prizes here.
Will the Poly be in the live auction?
And which charity will this benefit? (can you tell I do this often?)

The Poly will be in the silent auction. The bottles are coming out of my personal stash, so let's call it the OctoCat Needs to Fix Her Sauna and Downstairs Bathroom Charity

So 1 pack of charms and 1 bumper sticker for the winner of the bean bag race, 1 pack of charms for the 2nd place, 1 sticker for the 3rd place, and... other sticker be another door prize?

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:The Poly will be in the silent auction. The bottles are coming out of my personal stash, so let's call it the OctoCat Needs to Fix Her Sauna and Downstairs Bathroom Charity

So 1 pack of charms and 1 bumper sticker for the winner of the bean bag race, 1 pack of charms for the 2nd place, 1 sticker for the 3rd place, and... other sticker be another door prize?

A wonderful, noble cause.

Are you planning to play the Rinfrescante podcast upon opening of the bottle?

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:A wonderful, noble cause.

Are you planning to play the Rinfrescante podcast upon opening of the bottle?

I am now!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:I'm not sure is TMR is planning to return o chicago after, he's still making plans.

that depends on whether we plan to party into the wee morning hours upon returning to chez cat on sunday night...

seriously, though, i think i'd rather be vanned around by our gracious host & drive back monday morning.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:that depends on whether we plan to party into the wee morning hours upon returning to chez cat on sunday night...

seriously, though, i think i'd rather be vanned around by our gracious host & drive back monday morning.

i'm ok with this We'll probably be getting back here at like 10pm, maybe later, maybe earlier, depending on how late we are at Tabor Hill. So it's up to all y'all what you want to do.

cheron98

This thread is too far down.

evanssm1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages evanssm1
cheron98 wrote:This thread is too far down.

I'm back, you finally have a PM, hope its not to late.

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar
Ohio #2 Wine Tasting (Anyone In?)

cheron98

evanssm1 wrote:I'm back, you finally have a PM, hope its not to late.

Nope, not at all Gotcha down - did you want the wine trail too?

evanssm1

cheron98 wrote:Nope, not at all Gotcha down - did you want the wine trail too?

Count us in for the wine trail as well. It looks like it will be a great time.

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar

cheron98

evanssm1 wrote:Count us in for the wine trail as well. It looks like it will be a great time.

Yay!

Wine trail is filling up

evanssm1

Cheron,

Evanssm1's Fiancee: I added you on facebook and joined the facebook group!

My Cellar