jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

Cat, I'm in if you'll have me (and if there is room) I'll be staying in town for "Movement" formerly known as Detroit Electronic Music Festival, which is every Memorial Day weekend. I'm very unlikely for the West Michigan wineries field-trip.

If anyone else is a fan of electroinic music (Techno/Trance/Electronica) there are three days of it on four stages all in the heart of downtown Detroit from noon-12Midnight (and beyond) Saturday, Sunday and Monday. More info here [note they haven't updated it for 2010 yet--but it's that weekend]:http://www.myspace.com/detroitmusicfest

Just saw this now, sorry I haven't been in the w.w.w. forums in a loooooog time, thanks for the cross-post in the main offering forum. Also regarding Mackinac Island, the owners of the Grand Hotel are also the ones whose dog just won the best-in-show for the Westminster Dog Show a week-or-so ago.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwink wrote:Cat, I'm in if you'll have me

Gotcha

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm confirming a no.

Stupid money, wedding, fiance, bills, taxes, etc.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:I'm confirming a no.

Stupid money, wedding, fiance, bills, taxes, etc.

You will be missed... one day we shall meet, my friend

kylemittskus

cheron98 wrote:You will be missed... one day we shall meet, my friend

Seriously! Maybe at next year's D&D, which I very much want to go to one of these days.

And as always, you're welcome to join us So Cal nudists. And by us, I mean Java and Nostrom0.

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:Seriously! Maybe at next year's D&D, which I very much want to go to one of these days.

And as always, you're welcome to join us So Cal nudists. And by us, I mean Java and Nostrom0.

Yeah, where were you when I was out there? I've met THEM...

kylemittskus

cheron98 wrote:Yeah, where were you when I was out there? I've met THEM...

I have no idea. Maybe I hadn't yet discovered this place full of weirdies.

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:I have no idea. Maybe I hadn't yet discovered this place full of weirdies.

It was just last October after Vegas. You'd definitely discovered everyone by then

kylemittskus

cheron98 wrote:It was just last October after Vegas. You'd definitely discovered everyone by then

Yep. I haven't a clue why I wasn't present.

cheron98

Updated timing for LMS trail. I'm in contact with Tabor Hill to get us a special tasting and dinner going. I'm currently going with 20 as the group size since I know not everyone will want or be able to do the LMS thing, and I'm sure I'll be able to downsize as necessary. So please please please post your interest and intent for this asap. I'll be updating with pricing and such as details are worked out

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Updated timing for LMS trail. I'm in contact with Tabor Hill to get us a special tasting and dinner going. I'm currently going with 20 as the group size since I know not everyone will want or be able to do the LMS thing, and I'm sure I'll be able to downsize as necessary. So please please please post your interest and intent for this asap. I'll be updating with pricing and such as details are worked out

dd and bahwm R in.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:dd and bahwm R in.

Yes, dear, I know I gotcha the first time

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Yes, dear, I know I gotcha the first time

I thought you probably had, but I wasn't totally sure if there was some kind of new condition or something, so I thought I'd just confirm again.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to taste the full Woot Cellars lineup. I'll just have to overcome my monochromatic fear of Motown.

Stash at CT

cheron98

Nostrom0 wrote:Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to taste the full Woot Cellars lineup. I'll just have to overcome my monochromatic fear of Motown.

Oh we won't be going into Detroit. So no fear required It's ALMOST like Detroit doesn't exist where I live.

Almost.

Except I'm in the same county and so our roads are horrible because there's no money.

And will it be just you or will the lovely soochee be joining you? I assume you'd be flying yourself - let me know what little airfield you're flying into so I can come get you (unless you plan to rent a car). All assuming you come, of course

cheron98

Tabor Hill is booked - 4:30 for the tasting, 5:00 for dinner. You'll be pleased to know there is no tasting fee, and they are willing to split the bill into separate checks. We will be seated at two separate tables since they can't fit a large group at a single table. The menu for Tabor Hill is up at their website - which I have linked in the front post.

They have a lovely deck overlooking the vineyard - while they don't serve dinner there, we are welcome to grab a glass of wine and head there after the meal and relax if desired.

I am currently in contact with the other wineries to get details and reservations there.

cheron98

From Round Barn:

We do not take reservations for our tasting rooms but we appreciate heads-up with the time and number of people coming for staffing purposes. I have put your group on the calendar for May 30th at 3:00pm. I have to inform you that this particular weekend is our DiVine (their vodka) Open House and I can not guarantee that we will be able to get you right to your tasting, however we will try our best. Our sister winery Free Run Cellars does not take groups of this size because they do not have the space to give the best experience that our customers deserve.

How our tasting works is that you purchase a glass for $7.50 and then your tasting is complimentary. Our tasting includes, (5) samples of the wine of your choice, (1) dessert wine, (1) vodka sample and (1) beer sample. You can also bring your glass to our sister winery "Free Run Cellars" for a
complimentary tasting there as well. Anytime after this when you visit the winery, bring your glass back for complimentary tastings.

--- So either we'll need to find another winery in place of Free Run or I can push our time a little earlier for Round Barn. They do have a nice area to sit in, and if you're into beer too, it's worth sampling all their beers as well.

cheron98

As a replacement for Free Run, I'm thinking about Lemon Creek winery, although it looks like they're going to be extra busy - they're holding an art fair that weekend (check out their events).

They are located basically right next door to Domaine Berrien, so on the plus side, no travel time extra added in here, so we can probably spend a few more minutes here taking in the art.

Aside from the art fair (no admission, tasting tix at $1 each) their regular tasting fee is $5, with a take-home glass.

What say you?

cheron98

I think I'm going to set the cost of this tasting to cover the wine and food expense to $15pp (exclusive of Sunday's fees). Those of you who are helping out by bringing a Woot Cellars bottle (Humbug in particular), I will only ask for $5pp from you

Thanks!

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:I think I'm going to set the cost of this tasting to cover the wine and food expense to $15pp (exclusive of Sunday's fees). Those of you who are helping out by bringing a Woot Cellars bottle (Humbug in particular), I will only ask for $5pp from you

Thanks!

Am I bringing one Humbug or two?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Am I bringing one Humbug or two?

Umm, I can't remember if someone else said they were bringing one - having 2 bottles would be ideal so people can get more than a 1oz taste if they so desire - the only one that's going to be limited is Rinfrescante. So if you want to just go ahead and claim 2 now, you'll be at just $10 for you and bahwm.

And if you want to bring one of your amazing cheesecakes, well then hell, I'll just waive your fee entirely

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Umm, I can't remember if someone else said they were bringing one - having 2 bottles would be ideal so people can get more than a 1oz taste if they so desire - the only one that's going to be limited is Rinfrescante. So if you want to just go ahead and claim 2 now, you'll be at just $10 for you and bahwm.

And if you want to bring one of your amazing cheesecakes, well then hell, I'll just waive your fee entirely

I can bring a cheesecake. What flavor would you like?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:I can bring a cheesecake. What flavor would you like?

Hmmmm.... chocolate?

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Hmmmm.... chocolate?

Chocolate it is, then.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:Umm, I can't remember if someone else said they were bringing one - having 2 bottles would be ideal so people can get more than a 1oz taste if they so desire - the only one that's going to be limited is Rinfrescante. So if you want to just go ahead and claim 2 now, you'll be at just $10 for you and bahwm.

I volunteered one and I still have it as a backup just in case.

Stupid frying captchas.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:I volunteered one and I still have it as a backup just in case.

Stupid frying captchas.

Is your chickie coming with you?

cheron98

Only TWO spots remain!

Maybes - get your confirm on. I'll be sending out PMs to everyone on the confirmed list the first week of April to reconfirm. Those of you who end up on the waitlist - don't despair, someone could cancel or not reconfirm and that will open up spaces for you.

WineDavid and winefarm - even if we fill up completely before you can confirm, I think we can squeeze you in

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
cheron98 wrote:Only TWO spots remain!

Maybes - get your confirm on. I'll be sending out PMs to everyone on the confirmed list the first week of April to reconfirm. Those of you who end up on the waitlist - don't despair, someone could cancel or not reconfirm and that will open up spaces for you.

WineDavid and winefarm - even if we fill up completely before you can confirm, I think we can squeeze you in

Kttest and I would like to take the last two spots if that's OK.

Pending flights. And hotel. And car.

And, oh, telling/discussing with our significant others.

crusaderRabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
cheron98 wrote:Only TWO spots remain!

Mighty Cat!
I can do this, too. My sister lives near and has been begging me to visit. Sign me up somewhere, please. I want to do the tour too.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

cheron98

crusaderRabbit wrote:Mighty Cat!
I can do this, too. My sister lives near and has been begging me to visit. Sign me up somewhere, please. I want to do the tour too.

WELL - Krugs and kttest got the last two spots but I will put you and your sis as the first two on the waiting list. Do you think you'd still come out for the tour even if you don't make the tasting? You're in chi-town, right, so you could just meet us at the first winery

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:Kttest and I would like to take the last two spots if that's OK.

Wish I could offer you Chez Octocat, but there's only the one bed left, unless I go get two twin mattresses instead and stick you both in the basement. I could do that, it'd be cheaper than you guys getting hotel if it helps. But I think my car is full at this point, though I'm considering renting something bigger for the weekend anyway...

cheron98

That's it, we're full

From here on out, if you express that you're still interested and are able to come if a spot should open up, you will be on the waitlist in the order that you let me know. Then if someone cancels, you will be moved up.

If you're local, you can still join us for the LMS wine trail, even if you can't make it for the tasting. (And by Local, I mean Chicagoans too, since you're only like 1.5 hrs from the LMS area. You're actually closer than I am.) Just let me know. I'll mark you with the LMS on the wait list.

I'm going to need a final headcount for the wine trail by May 10th, so after then, too bad.

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:Wish I could offer you Chez Octocat, but there's only the one bed left, unless I go get two twin mattresses instead and stick you both in the basement. I could do that, it'd be cheaper than you guys getting hotel if it helps. But I think my car is full at this point, though I'm considering renting something bigger for the weekend anyway...

You're so wonderfully accommodating...one of the reasons why we looked into this in the first place.

I am looking into renting a car so no worries there. And I'll ask Kttest about cellar dwelling. I'm away from the babies and might require a pool though.

Also, I think we'd like to join the wine your if that's still available. We did this so last minute so emails are still flying...

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:You're so wonderfully accommodating...one of the reasons why we looked into this in the first place.

I am looking into renting a car so no worries there. And I'll ask Kttest about cellar dwelling. I'm away from the babies and might require a pool though.

Also, I think we'd like to join the wine your if that's still available. We did this so last minute so emails are still flying...

My clubhouse has a pool. And the wine tour is definitely still available. I haven't nailed anything down in stone yet with the wineries aside from the fact that I have a lot of people and they're from all over the country. Tabor Hill has us reserved, I don't think they'll be too sad if I have to increase the # of people there. For Round Barn, they have a nice outdoor seating area, so if need be, we can split into two groups in there for tasting, with one group hitting the beer tasting while the other does the wine, then switch.

Oh, yes, I have a cat... not sure if that'll make any difference in your plans. But I have a cat.

crusaderRabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crusaderRabbit
cheron98 wrote:WELL - Krugs and kttest got the last two spots but I will put you and your sis as the first two on the waiting list. Do you think you'd still come out for the tour even if you don't make the tasting? You're in chi-town, right, so you could just meet us at the first winery

If I can't make the tasting I definitely can make the tour - I'm in Chicago.

Wine and Sailing: mother nature's conversation with man.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
Krugsters wrote:Kttest and I would like to take the last two spots if that's OK.

I'm glad that you and kttest decided to come! It'll be great to see you again! Good luck on the travel arrangements.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Krugsters

bahwm wrote:I'm glad that you and kttest decided to come! It'll be great to see you again! Good luck on the travel arrangements.

Thanks! We are thrilled to be coming. I think we're going to stay in the same place as you.

cheron98

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I just heard back from Tabor Hill (which is the LARGEST venue) after asking them what they would need us to cap the group size at... Since this is Memorial Day weekend, they are asking that we stick to a group size of 15 for their tasting/dinner.

And given they're the most able to accommodate large groups, I would think it's a safe bet that 15 is going to be the max anyone else can handle either.

So in case this wasn't complicated enough, I now have to cap the LMS trip to the first 15 who say they want to do that, and I think we're already pretty darn close to that. So I'm going to update the first post to reflect that.

I also think I'm going to take precedence for out-of-towners to go who would be otherwise unable to hit the wineries on their own time.

Really sorry for the inconvenience

Krugsters

cheron98 wrote:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I just heard back from Tabor Hill (which is the LARGEST venue) after asking them what they would need us to cap the group size at... Since this is Memorial Day weekend, they are asking that we stick to a group size of 15 for their tasting/dinner.

And given they're the most able to accommodate large groups, I would think it's a safe bet that 15 is going to be the max anyone else can handle either.
Please put kttest and I and that list.
Thanks for arranging all of this!
So in case this wasn't complicated enough, I now have to cap the LMS trip to the first 15 who say they want to do that, and I think we're already pretty darn close to that. So I'm going to update the first post to reflect that.

I also think I'm going to take precedence for out-of-towners to go who would be otherwise unable to hit the wineries on their own time.

Really sorry for the inconvenience

Please put kttest and I on that list.
Thanks for doing of all of this!

cheron98

Krugsters wrote:Please put kttest and I on that list.
Thanks for doing of all of this!

Gotcha already See PM.