cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
javadrinker wrote:That one was courtesy of El Jefe himself in the invite to one of his shindigs.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134309364748&index=1

He really is one of us.



I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
tommythecat78 wrote:Especially now that you will be able to actually finish the series.

I have read Slaughterhouse 5, Cat's Cradle, and Catch-22 (I think). They have been my (re)read list for quite a while, but something else always comes along and they get shoved to the wayside.



My favorite is The Sirens of Titan. Catch-22 is Joseph Heller.Dead-eye pretzel twist is good.I "loaned" most of my Vonnegut out,have a lot of Heinlein here I should re-read.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
crabbyman22 wrote:My favorite is The Sirens of Titan. Catch-22 is Joseph Heller.Dead-eye pretzel twist is good.I "loaned" most of my Vonnegut out,have a lot of Heinlein here I should re-read.



Then I definitely haven't read Catch-22. I don't know why I thought it was Vonnegut.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
tommythecat78 wrote:Then I definitely haven't read Catch-22. I don't know why I thought it was Vonnegut.



It's a good book.Good movie,too.Was trying to think of what you might have meant,all I could think of was Cats Cradle.All I have left is Jailbird(that I can find).Ever read any Richard Brautigan?That was one seriously weird dude.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

Moondragon


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

And the score at half-time is:
Security Tool Virus 1, Amber 2.

Edit: WtheF? Where did I get 7 kewpies? I thought I had 2... *weirded out*

javadrinker


quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker

Ok, how many of the older kids remember this thing growing up? Man today's wussie kids have it too easy with their soft rubber coated playgrounds.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Moondragon


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
javadrinker wrote:Ok, how many of the older kids remember this thing growing up? Man today's wussie kids have it too easy with their soft rubber coated playgrounds.



Best thing to climb to the top of evar! You can pretend you're steering it with that ring on top.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Ok, how many of the older kids remember this thing growing up? Man today's wussie kids have it too easy with their soft rubber coated playgrounds.



I remember that thing being off Del Amo Blvd in Lakewood, close to the 605 Freeway. Til they took it down, maybe late '90s or so.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
crabbyman22 wrote:It's a good book.Good movie,too.Was trying to think of what you might have meant,all I could think of was Cats Cradle.All I have left is Jailbird(that I can find).Ever read any Richard Brautigan?That was one seriously weird dude.



No, never read any Brautigan. Similar to Vonnegut, or totally different?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
javadrinker wrote:Ok, how many of the older kids remember this thing growing up? Man today's wussie kids have it too easy with their soft rubber coated playgrounds.



Awesome. There was one at the park near my old house, but it only had one slide.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
javadrinker wrote:



How come the slides are coming out of the robot's breasts?

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
javadrinker wrote:Ok, how many of the older kids remember this thing growing up? Man today's wussie kids have it too easy with their soft rubber coated playgrounds.



Am I right in assuming the entry to this is in the, uh... rear?

javadrinker


quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker
mewalk707 wrote:Am I right in assuming the entry to this is in the, uh... rear?



That would be correct. You enter through the butt and you slide out of the arm boobs. Oh, and the head always smelled like pee.

I miss that robot.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
javadrinker wrote:That would be correct. You enter through the butt and you slide out of the arm boobs. Oh, and the head always smelled like pee.

I miss that robot.



If the head smelled like pee I dont want to know what the 'entrance' smelled like.

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
tommythecat78 wrote:No, never read any Brautigan. Similar to Vonnegut, or totally different?



Some of Brautigan might be similar to Vonnegut.but he also wrote poems and some more personal stuff(Trout Fishing in America?)I had a real hard time finding his books about 25 years ago and loaned a bunch out,never got them back.I can only find "Willard and his Bowling Trophies-A Perverse Mystery".Very perverse.He wrote some stuff about Hanging out in Big Sur sometime between beatniks and hippies,always wanted to go there because of him.Finally made it last year.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tommythecat78 wrote:Awesome. There was one at the park near my old house, but it only had one slide.



was it positioned differently? basically, what I'm asking is if you were sliding down a giant robot wang. Cause it already looks like the thing was an early prototype from NAMBLA

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
crabbyman22 wrote:Some of Brautigan might be similar to Vonnegut.but he also wrote poems and some more personal stuff(Trout Fishing in America?)I had a real hard time finding his books about 25 years ago and loaned a bunch out,never got them back.I can only find "Willard and his Bowling Trophies-A Perverse Mystery".Very perverse.He wrote some stuff about Hanging out in Big Sur sometime between beatniks and hippies,always wanted to go there because of him.Finally made it last year.



Speaking of perverse...I recently read the 'Andrew Mayhem' series by Jeff Strand. That is one seriously f'ed up author.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22

So am I the only drinking tonight? My wife and are working our way thru a bottle of 2005 Ridge Ponzo Vineyard Zinfandel. WOW - nice bottle for sure.

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22


Very,very strange.I was looking through my books for Kurt Vonnegut and found Brautigan.My daughter is over for the night,we're going to my brothers wedding tomorrow.She is on the computer upstairs working on her homework(Meteorology).I went up to see what she was doing,she had a page up on seeding clouds with silver iodine to make it rain,with the name Dr.Bernard Vonnegut on the page.

Who is Kurt Vonnegut's brother.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
meyer22 wrote:So am I the only drinking tonight? My wife and are working our way thru a bottle of 2005 Ridge Ponzo Vineyard Zinfandel. WOW - nice bottle for sure.



Heck no, I had a friend over and introduced her to the Goosecross Orange Muscat. Just working on the last bits of the bottle now.

Yummy

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
javadrinker wrote:That would be correct. You enter through the butt and you slide out of the arm boobs. Oh, and the head always smelled like pee.

I miss that robot.



Please stop making me laugh! It just induces coughing fits.

I'm going to have to stay out of the pub until I get better!

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
cjsiege wrote:Please stop making me laugh! It just induces coughing fits.

I'm going to have to stay out of the pub until I get better!



Good wine cures all ills...

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Opened a bottle of Monks Gate PN to go with the duck for the anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, it was bad. So quick scramble to grab the only "pop n pour" bottle of PN that I had. Nice dinner. Chocolate souffle did not pouf, but real tasty anyway.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
meyer22 wrote:Good wine cures all ills...


Yeah, but I can't enjoy it! Stuffed up head = no taste buds.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cjsiege wrote:Yeah, but I can't enjoy it! Stuffed up head = no taste buds.


Well I have a bottle of Monks Gate that would work.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
polarbear22 wrote:Opened a bottle of Monks Gate PN to go with the duck for the anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, it was bad. So quick scramble to grab the only "pop n pour" bottle of PN that I had. Nice dinner. Chocolate souffle did not pouf, but real tasty anyway.



What kind of duck and how did you cook it? I love that fowl beast...

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
polarbear22 wrote:Well I have a bottle of Monks Gate that would work.



That's a terrible thing to do to me! Giving me skunked PN when you *know* I'm not a fan of PN. Or skunks.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
meyer22 wrote:What kind of duck and how did you cook it? I love that fowl beast...


Domestic (i.e. store). Roasted with bacon on the breast, stuffed with oranges and some onion. Used the orange sauce that came with it. Served with Brussel Sprouts with bacon and an apple cider sweet-sour sauce. And wild rice with apricots, dried cherries, carots, pecans, onion and celery.

My wife sure knows how to "throw together" a dinner.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cjsiege wrote:That's a terrible thing to do to me! Giving me skunked PN when you *know* I'm not a fan of PN. Or skunks.


Did not know that you were not a fan of PN. And this is sour, with a nice finish (go figure), not skunked. I think it is starting to go to vinegar.

With no taste buds, you wouldn't know the difference.

And I winked. Sort of like the sarcasm font.

Get well.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cjsiege


quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
polarbear22 wrote:Did not know that you were not a fan of PN. And this is sour, with a nice finish (go figure), not skunked. I think it is starting to go to vinegar.

With no taste buds, you wouldn't know the difference.

And I winked. Sort of like the sarcasm font.

Get well.


Thanks! And I saw the wink. back to you.

When you said it had gone bad earlier, I thought it was corked or skunked.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest PN fan. I can't get past the "dirt" on the palate. Which people think is odd, because I love PG. But they are two, totally different tasting wines. Huge difference between mineral/stone and dirt.

meyer22


quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22
polarbear22 wrote:Domestic (i.e. store). Roasted with bacon on the breast, stuffed with oranges and some onion. Used the orange sauce that came with it. Served with Brussel Sprouts with bacon and an apple cider sweet-sour sauce. And wild rice with apricots, dried cherries, carots, pecans, onion and celery.

My wife sure knows how to "throw together" a dinner.



When can we come over for dinner? We will bring the wine...

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
meyer22 wrote:When can we come over for dinner? We will bring the wine...



Distance may be a problem, but December is pretty open.


Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
meyer22 wrote:So am I the only drinking tonight? My wife and are working our way thru a bottle of 2005 Ridge Ponzo Vineyard Zinfandel. WOW - nice bottle for sure.



Opened an '05 Victory! Man I love this wine. Actually, opened it last night, and it's just as good tonight.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Opened a bottle of Monks Gate PN to go with the duck for the anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, it was bad. So quick scramble to grab the only "pop n pour" bottle of PN that I had. Nice dinner. Chocolate souffle did not pouf, but real tasty anyway.



Happy Anniversary! Now go spend the rest of the night with your better half. Hope to see you next week.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:I remember that thing being off Del Amo Blvd in Lakewood, close to the 605 Freeway. Til they took it down, maybe late '90s or so.



Sparky, java, Dennis the Menace Park, remember? It was there until the early 90's, don't know after that. The biggest collection of killer playground equipment.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Happy anniversary to PB and wife. Whomever posted about drinking whites with the duck was spot on. sorry to hear you had to scramble to pair a second bottle, but sounds as if all turned out well.

cj, still with the allergies? So sorry to hear about that. Eat some fresh radishes. Works for me to clear up the sinus w/o having to resort to hot sauce. Really.

It's difficult to keep up when work is so busy. I apologize now for anyone I've (will) missed.

The reading list.....mine is a mile long. So many rereads on the list. Plus I want to check out some of the greek dudes.

A fun book for kids I just remembered, my son and I read this many times and listened to the music often. A fun story, written in rhyme, very lyrical.

Tonight we bought several boxed wines to taste. Several of them, ugh. A couple so far, OK.

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
crabbyman22 wrote:Very,very strange.I was looking through my books for Kurt Vonnegut and found Brautigan.My daughter is over for the night,we're going to my brothers wedding tomorrow.She is on the computer upstairs working on her homework(Meteorology).I went up to see what she was doing,she had a page up on seeding clouds with silver iodine to make it rain,with the name Dr.Bernard Vonnegut on the page.

Who is Kurt Vonnegut's brother.



Are you sure she wasn't watching Quantum Leap?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
polarbear22 wrote:Opened a bottle of Monks Gate PN to go with the duck for the anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, it was bad. So quick scramble to grab the only "pop n pour" bottle of PN that I had. Nice dinner. Chocolate souffle did not pouf, but real tasty anyway.



Happy Anniversary!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Coming soon to a woot near you deals.woot.com

tommythecat78


quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
Imagine4vr wrote:Coming soon to a woot near you deals.woot.com



???

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant