MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:Twin Cities - Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The TC is the old logo, they went to an M for the logo for a while.

Doh!! Keep forgetting that part. Should have rememebered, since one of my favorite set of books is the Prey series by John Sandford.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Moondragon wrote:*gentle-nudge-to-pack-further-rattage*

yeah, already all over it ;)

I don't make a new post for the further rattery, I just add it to what the previous note was

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Hey - did you all see the note from Sanity over in the Vegas thread that ***we've sold out on the CyberPub Blend Futures!!!***

Jopo528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jopo528
Moondragon wrote:Need some electric socks or how about some soggy socks?

So every year down at the river, we have a Christmas light show where you can drive thru and look at all the lights, etc. Well, our group of friends volunteered to work the entrance to help out another friend. Anyway, it was one of the coldest days of the year (of course); about 25 degrees, and we had to work for like 4-6 hours in a booth. One of our friends actually wore electric socks and said they worked amazingly! We all thought she was going to short circuit, lol. Tho, she did manage to back up against a space heater and melt her favorite lounge pants, lol.

So, if I have no wine but am going to procure it I would say: I ain't got none y'all but I'm fixin' to. ? ~ Bowtie

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Imagine4vr wrote:I just want to thank you for turning me on to Playing for Change . I just found their tour info and bought tix to see them next month.

Truly inspirational and entertaining!

I did not realize they were touring. And they will be a couple hours away, while I am in MN. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Enjoy the show.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Imagine4vr wrote:I just want to thank you for turning me on to Playing for Change . I just found their tour info and bought tix to see them next month.

Truly inspirational and entertaining!

Opps. Double post. Twitchy finger?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
tenuki wrote:When I first started at w.w I actually waited pretty regularly. Now I mainly don't but only because there's so many repeat wineries. If they're varietals I'm interested in and I haven't had anything by them, then I still wait for some confirmation in either rat or pub form and even when I am in, I'm still interested in what the rats had to say.

And how many negative labrat reviews do you see? Or even reviews that convince YOU to skip the current wine?

Labrats are kind of like bags of scaffolding -- everyone jumps ahead of the deadline for a chance at a free bottle. If the labrat program convinces 10 people to buy who many have skipped it, then it has paid for itself (probably takes less than 10).

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cjsiege wrote:Interestingly, I've used the Rat reports to talk me out of making some purchases that would probably have been a mistake for me. If I'm on the fence, it's normally because it's a wine I'm unfamiliar with, or a blend of varietals I like with ones I'm not too fond of. I use the reports to tip me one way or the other. If the report confirms that the flavor profile is not one that I like, then I've saved my money and can buy more later.

I'll bet you're an exception in this regard.

CT | | | | | |

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
cheron98 wrote:yeah, already all over it ;)

I don't make a new post for the further rattery, I just add it to what the previous note was

Yeah, I probably just didn't refresh that page. And I understand that you add it to the previous post, otherwise I'd have copied it there myself to save you some trouble.

cheron98

Moondragon wrote:Yeah, I probably just didn't refresh that page. And I understand that you add it to the previous post, otherwise I'd have copied it there myself to save you some trouble.

Aww so sweet I wish more rats were like you

That WAS the hope, way back, that people would eventually start x-posting up their own rat reports over there, but alas.

Doesn't help that I don't manage to get the header post for the offer up first thing on monday. Might be easier now with the 1-rat-offer thing, so I can fairly confidently figure rats have all been collected by Thursday-ish and then have all weekend to put the new header up.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's at http://wine.woot.com/Monday/

Edit: I see you found it ...

Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 1.767s
Last wooter to woot: speedoo
Last purchase time: Wednesday, October 07, 2009, 2:01:24 AM Central Time

Yes, I found it by accident while doing one last frantic search.

Thanks!

MarkDaSpark

speedoo wrote:Yes, I found it by accident while doing one last frantic search.

Thanks!

It's started appearing on the sidebar in the threads now.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
jwhite6114 wrote:I'll bet you're an exception in this regard.

I have been talks out of buying by positive rat reports too. Mostly by the style description. If the rats describe a style I was not hopng for, I sat out. Its happened more than a couple of times actually.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
jwhite6114 wrote:And how many negative labrat reviews do you see? Or even reviews that convince YOU to skip the current wine?

Labrats are kind of like bags of scaffolding -- everyone jumps ahead of the deadline for a chance at a free bottle. If the labrat program convinces 10 people to buy who many have skipped it, then it has paid for itself (probably takes less than 10).

Enough to make me not go in sometimes. Of course I kinda read between the lines and try to have it fit what I think I like in a wine. For instance I was hoping for a jammier zin as that's the way I like them, and I loved the port component of the 06 Inzinerator. If this wasn't a woot cellars offering and I wasn't in already, I probably wouldn't be in, even though none of the reviews have been negative, nothing would have pushed me to be like, I'd really like that wine.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1694 Private Messages Cesare

Soooo... the back of the Boss Monster bottle says Geyserville, CA (thanks Moondragon!) which is where Pedroncelli is, and the corks look the same, and the other evidence mentioned (wine stats, PS, hillsides of dry creek, etc). Yeah.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
Cesare wrote:Soooo... the back of the Boos Monster bottle says Geyserville, CA (thanks Moondragon!) which is where Pedroncelli is, and the corks look the same, and the other evidence mentioned (wine stats, PS, hillsides of dry creek, etc). Yeah.

Freudian slip, or typo? You decide.

Dude... wait, what?

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker
Cesare wrote:Soooo... the back of the Boos Monster bottle says Geyserville, CA (thanks Moondragon!) which is where Pedroncelli is, and the corks look the same, and the other evidence mentioned (wine stats, PS, hillsides of dry creek, etc). Yeah.

Um...nice win on Twitter man.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Cesare

javadrinker wrote:Um...nice win on Twitter man.

Did I just win a trip to Hawaii? Oops...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

javadrinker

Cesare wrote:Did I just win a trip to Hawaii? Oops...

Actually glad it was you and not me. Sparky just informed me that I would have been forced to take him had I won. I can't deal with seeing him in his mankini...again.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

you really won a trip to hawaii? that's cool

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Actually glad it was you and not me. Sparky just informed me that I would have been forced to take him had I won. I can't deal with seeing him in his mankini...again.

Better than you in that Speedo ...

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

SO excited! It better be for real!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

javadrinker

kttest wrote:SO excited! It better be for real!

Rechecked the website and it all looks legit. You still have to get to the West coast on your own dime but the rest is covered. You guys should spend a day or two in Cali and hang out with the So Cal crowd.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
javadrinker wrote:Rechecked the website and it all looks legit. You still have to get to the West coast on your own dime but the rest is covered. You guys should spend a day or two in Cali and hang out with the So Cal crowd.

That'd be awesome...good thing I have vacation days left!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

Cesare

MarkDaSpark wrote:Better than you in that Speedo ...

I see you just joined twitter to get in on the aciton. A little late to the party...
But see, all the people that say twitter is dumb, are dumb.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Cesare

javadrinker wrote:Rechecked the website and it all looks legit. You still have to get to the West coast on your own dime but the rest is covered. You guys should spend a day or two in Cali and hang out with the So Cal crowd.

When is the next SoCal gathering, actually in SoCal and not Vegas. It's only a 5 day trip so it would be cool to stop there first for a couple days.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

javadrinker

Cesare wrote:When is the next SoCal gathering, actually in SoCal and not Vegas. It's only a 5 day trip so it would be cool to stop there first for a couple days.

You guys stop in So Cal and we will MAKE another So Cal gathering. Madwine has been looking for an excuse to host again.

Once you have the days sorted out let us know and it will be done.

Edit: BTW, looks like you guys got the Kauai trip. That one seems the best of the three.

cheron98

So freaking cool. Congrats!

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:You guys stop in So Cal and we will MAKE another So Cal gathering. Madwine has been looking for an excuse to host again.

AHEM.

Cesare

Everyone enter this now

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

javadrinker

cheron98 wrote:AHEM.

Quiet youse...you we're getting liquored in Vegas.

And what happened to a nice relaxing stay in So Cal?

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:I see you just joined twitter to get in on the aciton. A little late to the party...
But see, all the people that say twitter is dumb, are dumb.

Actually it's been a couple of days ... since Monday at least.

And I got tired of Java winning all the Long Beach stuff .....

cheron98

Cesare wrote:Everyone enter this now

so wait, how'd you find out you won?

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:Quiet youse...you we're getting liquored in Vegas.

And what happened to a nice relaxing stay in So Cal?

But I won't get to see everyone in Vegas. I mean, the lovely Mistress Nallie won't be there, nor will the charming MadWine nor the dashing, debonaire MadWino. Not to mention Tim (They call him... Tim). And what about PSquishy, my pet whom I've yet to meet?

I could use a Saturday REAL SoCal get-together. Or Friday night. Something

Edit: Guess I shouldn't say "REAL" since Vegas is real SoCal... I don't mean to detract from the awesomeness that will be Vegas. But there's so many SoCalers I've yet to meet!

SoCalers? SoCalians? Scallions. That's what I shall call you all. Scallions.

javadrinker

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually it's been a couple of days ... since Monday at least.

And I got tired of Java winning all the Long Beach stuff .....

I have a shiny new LB hat in the mail. Which I would much rather have than a stinky old trip to Hawaii...sniff sniff sigh.

javadrinker

cheron98 wrote:But I won't get to see everyone in Vegas. I mean, the lovely Mistress Nallie won't be there, nor will the charming MadWine nor the dashing, debonaire MadWino. Not to mention Tim (They call him... Tim). And what about PSquishy, my pet whom I've yet to meet?

Might be too soon to get one going since we just had one last week and it was a very small one (just 5 of us). Plus the MW clan I believe is pretty much tied up all October. We can possibly have something small at my house in Orange County but it might be hard for the SD crowd to come up on such short notice (plus I'd only have a couple of days to clean after my return from Vegas).

Cesare

cheron98 wrote:so wait, how'd you find out you won?

The direct message you on twitter and you reply to accept and then they email you the terms and an offical form to send back.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Cesare

javadrinker wrote:I have a shiny new LB hat in the mail. Which I would much rather have than a stinky old trip to Hawaii...sniff sniff sigh.

Yeah yeah like you haven't won enough stuff already! Didn't you win a cruise or something?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

javadrinker

Cesare wrote:Yeah yeah like you haven't won enough stuff already! Didn't you win a cruise or something?

I wish. All small stuff but yeah I'm getting greedy:

• Travel book from Frommers
  • Tickets to Lucha Va Voom (a wrassling show)
  • Free meal and entrance to Lobsterfest
  • Tickets to the Queen Mary
  • Tickets to a museum
  • Guitar Hero game for Wii (which I don't own)
  • Shiny new LB baseball cap

I need more stuff though.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:But I won't get to see everyone in Vegas. I mean, the lovely Mistress Nallie won't be there, nor will the charming MadWine nor the dashing, debonaire MadWino. Not to mention Tim (They call him... Tim). And what about PSquishy, my pet whom I've yet to meet?

Edit: Guess I shouldn't say "REAL" since Vegas is real SoCal... I don't mean to detract from the awesomeness that will be Vegas. But there's so many SoCalers I've yet to meet!

SoCalers? SoCalians? Scallions. That's what I shall call you all. Scallions.

That's raPScallions to you, missy!!

And I thought you were heading back that Friday? If not, and you are around that Saturday ....

Gundlach Bundschu Winery Heidi at Salt Creek Wines. She's doing a GB tasting in beautiful Laguna Niguel, CA Oct 24. Help her polish off a few bottles.

We could do that ....