kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:Was that what your final was on?

Yep. I had to memorize and do all the spells. Thank God I passed. I accidentally turned my teacher into an IP lawyer from New York though; that was horrible!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tenuki wrote:I think this is the real difference between workstation and gaming. Of course you're probably going to get better stability and customer support with a workstation as well, but a good gaming video card does not equal good business 3d graphics.
The hardware might be the same, but the drivers are different, and optimized with different goals in mind. Here's Nvidia's take (pdf download) for the difference between their geforce and quadro lines.

Doh, Tom's shoulda been my first stop. Well that seals it, I'm going workstation! Thanks Tenuki

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:Yep. I had to memorize and do all the spells. Thank God I passed. I accidentally turned my teacher into an IP lawyer from New York though; that was horrible!

Aren't all IP lawyers in New York?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Riddle me this Sparky. If it's a 32bit OS is going above 4Gb gonna do me any good? I think I might just wait for Windows7 and get the 64x version which theoretically means I'm only limited by the Motherboard as to how much RAM I could go.

The raster files I work with are anywhere between 100 and 500mb in size, quite often I'll have two or three loaded at once while I'm panning around the map (these are county wide aerial photography photos)

XP Pro & Vista (the optional OS) also have 64 bit versions which will support up to 128gb of RAM. It doesn't say if it's 32 or 64 in the specs, but I'd try to get the 64 bit versions from them.

How many files do you have to keep and for how long? Also, how much room do you have now and how much Free Space is left?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Okay, now to whine about wine. Gah! I was doing so well not buying. Then the Wellington's started, and impromptu visit to Sonoma, and now woot cellars and I love zin. I'm trying to be frugal before Vegas too!

CT

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118
tenuki wrote:Okay, now to whine about wine. Gah! I was doing so well not buying. Then the Wellington's started, and impromptu visit to Sonoma, and now woot cellars and I love zin. I'm trying to be frugal before Vegas too!

What's $60 anyways when you're about to go to Vegas? Either you'll lose your shirt there, or win your 60 bucks back. I say you should hit the gold button!

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:XP Pro & Vista (the optional OS) also have 64 bit versions which will support up to 128gb of RAM. It doesn't say if it's 32 or 64 in the specs, but I'd try to get the 64 bit versions from them.

How many files do you have to keep and for how long? Also, how much room do you have now and how much Free Space is left?

Well, I never delete anything I do because as soon as I do some jackass wanders back and says, remember that map you made 4 years ago. I need that again. So I just save em all. The way the program works is it basically just creates links to the data so each project file is relatively small, it's the data that gets linked to that can be quite large, and that's mainly the raster stuff that's huge. I have 500gb of storage now and it's enough, but barely. I'd prefer 1TB of HD space and is probably what I'll do. Maybe even just go with that 500gb and partition it in half for OS and miscellaneous scaffolding on one and Projects on the other, then get a 1.5 and partition it for Raster and Vector Data. I likey the sound of that.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I just realized that with this purchase (and the Wellington Zin), it kicked Zin to be the top varietal in my cellar:

Zinfandel (42 bottles & 16 pending, 11.39%)
Red Bordeaux Blend (56 bottles, 11.00%)
Petite Sirah (55 bottles, 10.81%)
Cabernet Sauvignon (42 bottles & 1 pending, 8.45%)
Red Blend (42 bottles & 1 pending, 8.45%)
Syrah (31 bottles, 6.09%)
Red Rhone Blend (21 bottles, 4.13%)
Sangiovese (20 bottles, 3.93%)
White Blend (19 bottles, 3.73%)
Tempranillo (14 bottles & 3 pending, 3.34%)

And Bordeaux only just edged out PS with the Victory purchase.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:Okay, now to whine about wine. Gah! I was doing so well not buying. Then the Wellington's started, and impromptu visit to Sonoma, and now woot cellars and I love zin. I'm trying to be frugal before Vegas too!

Are you going to go in on this one? I've got 2 or 3 bottles at home with your name on them. If you were to go in on this we could do trade-sies, she says hopefully. Or I could just keep holding your wine indefinitely... whatever.

kylemittskus

X-posted from the Deals thread:

Makes me very sad.

saxwizerd45 wrote:We met with Ty back in August when we were out in Sonoma and he said that he wouldn't be making any Caton Vineyard Field Blend ever again ever in the future amen never ever. We tasted the Racchus and it was solid, but even at the wooter price he gave us on all his vino my wife and I didn't feel like it stacked up to favorably enough to the old Field Blend. We bought 2 of pretty much everything else he makes though!

tenuki

JudyL1118 wrote:What's $60 anyways when you're about to go to Vegas? Either you'll lose your shirt there, or win your 60 bucks back. I say you should hit the gold button!

Sorry about your horrible month Yeah, I went ahead and went in. Next credit card statement's going to suck anyway :P

mewalk707 wrote:Are you going to go in on this one? I've got 2 or 3 bottles at home with your name on them. If you were to go in on this we could do trade-sies, she says hopefully. Or I could just keep holding your wine indefinitely... whatever.

Sure, a couple bottles of this for a rose and tri or did you want three?

CT

tenuki

kylemittskus wrote:X-posted from the Deals thread:

Makes me very sad.

No more field blend. No more block 13. Sad that a couple of w.w's greatest qpr's are gone

CT

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Attention

CaGirl, Tenuki, Mark, Java -

Please check the Vegas thread and voice your opinions and help make some plans!

Thanks!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:Sure, a couple bottles of this for a rose and tri or did you want three?

Did you want more than one rose or tri? I would be content with just two, but wouldn't cry if I ended up with three ;)

Did you decide if you're coming to Napa on the 7th or doing that silly girl on girl thing??

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I just realized that with this purchase (and the Wellington Zin), it kicked Zin to be the top varietal in my cellar:

Zinfandel (42 bottles & 16 pending, 11.39%)
Red Bordeaux Blend (56 bottles, 11.00%)
Petite Sirah (55 bottles, 10.81%)
Cabernet Sauvignon (42 bottles & 1 pending, 8.45%)
Red Blend (42 bottles & 1 pending, 8.45%)
Syrah (31 bottles, 6.09%)
Red Rhone Blend (21 bottles, 4.13%)
Sangiovese (20 bottles, 3.93%)
White Blend (19 bottles, 3.73%)
Tempranillo (14 bottles & 3 pending, 3.34%)

And Bordeaux only just edged out PS with the Victory purchase.

Zin has a ways to go to get #1 ....

Petite Sirah (187 bottles & 11 pending, 19.84%)
Zinfandel (93 bottles & 20 pending, 11.32%)
Cabernet Sauvignon (91 bottles & 2 pending, 9.32%)
Red Blend (61 bottles & 2 pending, 6.31%)
Syrah (60 bottles & 2 pending, 6.21%)
Red Bordeaux Blend (35 bottles, 3.51%)
White Blend (35 bottles, 3.51%)

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
edthebedhead wrote:EHP

Woo Hoo! Good to hear!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

Sneak attack by the cat. He just got into my plate of buttered crackers and licked the butter off them. Great.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
kylemittskus wrote:Yep. I had to memorize and do all the spells. Thank God I passed. I accidentally turned my teacher into an IP lawyer from New York though; that was horrible!

How horrible!

CT | | | | | |

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
CpprCr8 wrote:Sneak attack by the cat. He just got into my plate of buttered crackers and licked the butter off them. Great.

Argh, we have synchronized cats! I just made a small piece of yummy sourdough toast, turned my back for 5 seconds, and there he is, licking the butter off my toast. Which was sorely needed sustenance (for me not the cat) after spending 5 hours at the DMV (that's the usual wait time, ime)

That's it. I've had a hella difficult month, with 2 weeks left to go. I'm going here for dinner and it better be good. I've never been here before, but my Italian friends swear by the place. And some are joining me for dinner.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
sanity wrote:Argh, we have synchronized cats! I just made a small piece of yummy sourdough toast, turned my back for 5 seconds, and there he is, licking the butter off my toast. Which was sorely needed sustenance (for me not the cat) after spending 5 hours at the DMV (that's the usual wait time, ime)

Yep. It's syncronized butter stealing! The next olympic sport.

sanity wrote:That's it. I've had a hella difficult month, with 2 weeks left to go. I'm going here for dinner and it better be good. I've never been here before, but my Italian friends swear by the place. And some are joining me for dinner.

Menu looks great! Restaurant review later?

sanity

cjsiege wrote:Menu looks great! Restaurant review later?

Did I sound like a whiny baby or what?! lol
I'll post a review later.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
sanity wrote:Argh, we have synchronized cats! I just made a small piece of yummy sourdough toast, turned my back for 5 seconds, and there he is, licking the butter off my toast. Which was sorely needed sustenance (for me not the cat) after spending 5 hours at the DMV (that's the usual wait time, ime)

That's it. I've had a hella difficult month, with 2 weeks left to go. I'm going here for dinner and it better be good. I've never been here before, but my Italian friends swear by the place. And some are joining me for dinner.

There is some place in Vegas that, allegedly supposedly brings in NYC water for their pizza crust, claiming that is THE ingredient that makes NYC pizza so allegedly supposedly awesome.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
lauratchi wrote:There is some place in Vegas that, allegedly supposedly brings in NYC water for their pizza crust, claiming that is THE ingredient that makes NYC pizza so allegedly supposedly awesome.

yous has PMs. :D

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Cesare

quality posts: 1599 Private Messages Cesare

Some clues on tonight's cinderella wine.
I hail from Tuscany and am wearing a lovely red robe tonight...Although I'm from Italy, Cabernet, Merlot and Syrah make up my blend...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
Cesare wrote:Some clues on tonight's cinderella wine.
I hail from Tuscany and am wearing a lovely red robe tonight...Although I'm from Italy, Cabernet, Merlot and Syrah make up my blend...

wow... they even stole the WD clue gimmick!!

Cesare

joelsisk wrote:wow... they even stole the WD clue gimmick!!

They're already having problems. It was showing a Conn Valley Prologue Cab, sold out. Now the site won't even load.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:They're already having problems. It was showing a Conn Valley Prologue Cab, sold out. Now the site won't even load.

cant' remember what I showed, but if you tried to order it kicked you to WL and the price in your cart was 12 bucks more. oops.

Cesare

bhodilee wrote:cant' remember what I showed, but if you tried to order it kicked you to WL and the price in your cart was 12 bucks more. oops.

Gary is hanging out on ustream live right now.
It's working now. This is the wine. CT here. A steal for $23.33 and free shipping. And it's supposed to kick you to a WL cart, with a special cinderella coupon code. You can use the searcher code but it looks like you don't need it.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

sanity

cjsiege wrote:Menu looks great! Restaurant review later?

It was actually better than I expected. Nice little mom and pop place. Clean, pleasant atmosphere without being cute.

I ordered Pasta Henrietta: broccoli and tomatoes sauteed with garlic, olive oil, served with pasta and cheese. Very fresh, the pasta was perfectly cooked.

The antipasto was served undressed, with dressings on the side. A homemade ranch (aghast! I know, but a well done home-made one and catering to the wee ones) and proper Italian dressing. The ingredients were so fresh, not prepackaged; I've seen better presentation, but this was good.

Everyone else loved their meal, the garlic bread was eh.

This place was a "do again". I'm grateful for a well prepared and tasty meal that I did not have to craft.

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Gary is hanging out on ustream live right now.
I think it's supposed to be this wine. CT here. They had it for $23.33 from what I gather.

It's back again. And that is quite a price cut from his normal price. WL has it listed for $49.98 and they're selling it for 23.33, though you gotta buy 3 of them for free shipping.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's back again. And that is quite a price cut from his normal price. WL has it listed for $49.98 and they're selling it for 23.33, though you gotta buy 3 of them for free shipping.

Nope, 1 bottle gives free shipping. Doesn't matter, it kicks you to a WL cart and you can use the searcher code anyway. See my edit above.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

Cesare wrote:Nope, 1 bottle gives free shipping. Doesn't matter, it kicks you to a WL cart and you can use the searcher code anyway. See my edit above.

Why'd you have to tell me that. Now I'm probably going to buy a bottle.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

edthebedhead wrote:EHP

Toothy. Still absolutely delicious and bright!

HitAnyKey42

kylemittskus wrote:Toothy. Still absolutely delicious and bright!

EHP was not particularly good after 4 nights open in the fridge. Luckily it was only a single glass that I had left in the bottle.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
themostrighteous wrote:yous has PMs. :D

You have one back.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Did you want more than one rose or tri? I would be content with just two, but wouldn't cry if I ended up with three ;)

Did you decide if you're coming to Napa on the 7th or doing that silly girl on girl thing??

Whatever you want, I'm sure it'll pop up at least once more and I'll have had a chance to try it by then.

Umm, haven't heard about dodgeball so maybe I'll just assume I can't go and will join y'all in Napa. Soochee mention any group size restrictions? I'll probably try to drag along a couple people per usual.

CT

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Wake up!

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jwhite6114 wrote:

Wake up!

*throws the clock at J-Dub*

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

OK, guilty pleasure admission time. Watching Two and a Half Men last night with DW, there was a scene where one of the characters poured a couple glasses of wine. I swear the label on one of the bottles was Monkey Prize. If I can get a screen cap I'll post it. Can anyone confirm?

Dude... wait, what?