+ Add a Comment

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah

I'm not that intoxicated...

PoSt away folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
PetiteSirah wrote:I'm not that intoxicated...

Did PS just reference Britany Spears...twice?
:-/

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
Moondragon wrote:Did PS just reference Britany Spears...twice?

Edit: Perhaps the "Toxic" was a stretch...

appears so. innocent, intoxicated, whatever.

Now we know why WD hasn't been so focused on his FF team!

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Hey all you SoCal peeps. I will not be extending my visit to LA in November. Work has been slow so I won't have the vacation time to come out the weekend before the drive back to Chi-town. I will be coming out there either Tuesday the 10th, or Wednesday the 11th.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Moondragon

joelsisk wrote:Now we know why WD hasn't been so focused on his FF team!

No doubt!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Wine.Woot gatherings info:

cjsiege wrote:~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Early Edition for the week of October 4.
Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

October
10/16: Chicago #12: Port-on-Port - The Orthogonal Port Taste Test.
10/16-19: SoCal #13: Vegas Satellite Edition: Making our first CyberPub Cellars Wine!

*** We’re down to 27 bottles left!!!! We are still looking for sponsors for CyberPub Cellars Wine #1, a Zin/Barbera/Cab blend. Shares are $10 each, with a minimum of 3 shares (or $30). Sponsorship link in the first post. And if you are coming in October, head to the last 2 pages to see the most current planned activities. ***

10/24: NoVA/DC #15: TBD Theme

November
11/7: NorCal #3: Napa Weekend
11/7: Dallas #5: Pizza Night
11/7: NYC#13: TBD, but way overdue!

December
12/5: Minnesota #9: Woot In The Holidays

February
2/26-28: Arizona #1: Spring Training!

July
7/20-22: RPM’s Historical Wine Tour
7/31: Connecticut Clambake #2: An Annual Tradition

Looking for some helping hands: ~~~We now return you to your regularly scheduled GTKY Thread.~~~

Thanks CJ for updating it! <3

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Moondragon wrote:No doubt!

Don't make us send The Police after you!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Hey all you SoCal peeps. I will not be extending my visit to LA in November. Work has been slow so I won't have the vacation time to come out the weekend before the drive back to Chi-town. I will be coming out there either Tuesday the 10th, or Wednesday the 11th.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Haha.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Looks like we might have a crazy week ahead.

tommythecat78

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Leaving Thursday afternoon...dinner or something on Tues./Wed. depending on when I come out?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Moondragon

MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't make us send The Police after you!!!

Should I go quietly or fight and go to jail after The Clash?

MarkDaSpark

Moondragon wrote:Should I go quietly or fight and go to jail after The Clash?

I'd go quietly .... otherwise they might put you in with the Spice Girls in lockup ... or worse, the Backstreet Boys gang. U2 can have Nirvana in a Savage Garden.

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Leaving Thursday afternoon...dinner or something on Tues./Wed. depending on when I come out?

We can probably arrange something .... right guys??? :evil laugh:

Moondragon

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'd go quietly .... otherwise they might put you in with the Spice Girls in lockup ... or worse, the Backstreet Boys gang. U2 can have Nirvana in a Savage Garden.

Pretty sure I wouldn't want any of The Kinks to Kiss me. I could bribe them all with Eminems and Lovin' Spoonfuls of The Cranberries. Or maybe I'd just make some Hot Chocolate with Cream, although Korn and Black-Eyed Peas are more nutritious.

Edit: And if this post doesn't highlight my ignorance of true behavior of The Jailbirds, I'm Mott the Hoople.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

All of my suspicions about Loweeel have been confirmed tonight with the name of this week's pub! Twice over!!!

And I love that there's just enough PS in there to tease him.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tommythecat78

Moondragon wrote:Pretty sure I wouldn't want any of The Kinks to Kiss me. I could bribe them all with Eminems and Lovin' Spoonfuls of The Cranberries. Or maybe I'd just make some Hot Chocolate with Cream, although Korn and Black-Eyed Peas are more nutritious.

Edit: And if this post doesn't highlight my ignorance of true behavior of The Jailbirds, I'm Mott the Hoople.

Be careful, all that food may start to attract Beatles. Beware because Here Come The Mummies to get rid of the Insane Clown Posse that has some extreme Rage Against The Machine. With any luck this Story Of The Year will be over by Thursday.

MarkDaSpark

Moondragon wrote:Pretty sure I wouldn't want any of The Kinks to Kiss me. I could bribe them all with Eminems and Lovin' Spoonfuls of The Cranberries. Or maybe I'd just make some Hot Chocolate with Cream, although Korn and Black-Eyed Peas are more nutritious.

Just make sure your Bangles don't get tangled up during your Journey to the Culture Club. Try their Bananarama pie when you get there. And watch out for the weird Foreigner, he might try to give you Guns N Roses.

And don't forget to say hello to the Queen and Prince in Chicago, while you are going thru there. But watch out for those Village People. They stay at the YMCA a lot.

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Be careful, all that food may start to attract Beatles. Beware because Here Come The Mummies to get rid of the Insane Clown Posse that has some extreme Rage Against The Machine. With any luck this Story Of The Year will be over by Thursday.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

tommythecat78

MarkDaSpark wrote:You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inconceivable?

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Inconceivable?

Thursday ..... since who knows how the 3 a week will now work for labratting.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thursday ..... since who knows how the 3 a week will now work for labratting.

I'm going to have to hypothesize that labrats will only continue for the Monday (full week availability until sellout) offer.

Cheron will have to update her post once we know the new details...

tommythecat78

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thursday ..... since who knows how the 3 a week will now work for labratting.

Thursday is a band name.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tommythecat78 wrote:Thursday is a band name.

*Facepalm*

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

Der .... Wienerschnitzel. I knew that, but wanted to use something other than normal.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:I'm going to have to hypothesize that labrats will only continue for the Monday (full week availability until sellout) offer.

Unless WD includes the new offer in with the other labrats. As sometimes previously done when time is short.

tommythecat78

kylemittskus wrote:*Facepalm*

I understand The Confusions behind my statement, but As I Lay Dying I find myself wondering if that is All That Remains? And what about the giant Mastodon? And why are all those Sonic Youth screaming You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

x-post:

zTimothyBz wrote:Three offers a week? I'm doomed. In for two and praying it's Pedroncelli.

When will you be here? (yeah, I'm that good at not following the boards) Are you going to be visiting my (and Sparky and Java's) neck of the woods?

-- T

Right after Vegas. I'm taking a long vacation, so right after Vegas I'm heading out to Newport Beach (10/21 - 10/25). Planning on a day maybe 2 in San Diego (one day of which will be at Sea World where I have reserved some play time with dolphins). But we can all totally get together at any point while I'm out there. Aside from Sea World, I have no plans set in stone. Going for the relaxed-California lifestyle for a few days

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

joelsisk wrote:I'm going to have to hypothesize that labrats will only continue for the Monday (full week availability until sellout) offer.

Will have to get confirmation from WD about it before I go updating anything.

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

Rolling around to this week:

cjsiege wrote:There's a 1999 Mount Veeder Cab on WB. Anyone have an opinion on this vintage?

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:I understand The Confusions behind my statement, but As I Lay Dying I find myself wondering if that is All That Remains? And what about the giant Mastodon? And why are all those Sonic Youth screaming You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead?

You guys are way too much!

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
kylemittskus wrote:*Facepalm*

*Downface*

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder

I was going to wail 'til Tuesday to make a comment about that.

Dude... wait, what?

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

And you know Britney Spears well enough to catch both references? Scary.

CT | | | | | |

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

< x-posting >

IF YOU LIVE IN THE GREATER CHICAGO AREA...

... i am interested in buying two bottles of the current woot cellars offering. if you are interested in selling them to me, then please PM me...

EDIT: thanks, cat!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

jwhite6114

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'd go quietly .... otherwise they might put you in with the Spice Girls in lockup ... or worse, the Backstreet Boys gang. U2 can have Nirvana in a Savage Garden.

Was that supposed to make sense, or were you just trying to mention as many band names as you could think of?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

See, Sparky? That's how it's done.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

tommythecat78 wrote:I understand The Confusions behind my statement, but As I Lay Dying I find myself wondering if that is All That Remains? And what about the giant Mastodon? And why are all those Sonic Youth screaming You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead?

Alright, now work in Toad the Wet Sprocket, Deathcab for Cutie, and Black Moth Super Rainbow ... with context.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

CpprCr8 wrote:Rolling around to this week:

There's a 1999 Mount Veeder Cab on WB. Anyone have an opinion on this vintage?

I haven't had the 1999, but I also haven't had a Mount Veeder Vineyards Cab that I haven't liked. They make good stuff.

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:See, Sparky? That's how it's done.

Dude .... You've been banned from the wine room in Cheron's list. You'll have to try to pry some Saké from bowtie's fingers.