UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Flight is delayed 30 min at this point - now arriving Oakland at 5:00. Hope we get to reception before it's over.

Edit: At least I got T O P.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tiger7610 wrote:When I need to knock on wood and all I have is plastic around, I always use my head. I guess great minds think alike.

I always use my head...even when there is wood around.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Cesare

quality posts: 1560 Private Messages Cesare

Internet is still down. Front desk said to try the whole foods across the street so that's where I am. Off to do some shopping and other stuff...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
rpm wrote:Party is open to non-Tourist wooters - we look forward to seeing you!

Might pop by as well, trying to make sure I can get out of pool league. Is there anything organized like dinner or should we bring stuff, or it it more just meet and greet and make your own plans to eat, as part of the reason I might drive up is Morimoto's new restaurant in Napa!

CT

HitAnyKey42

Joatmon and I have a 45 min ETA to the hotel. Cesare I'll give a call when we get there.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

Internet is working yay. See everyone in a few minutes.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

Nice to meet some new people tonight. And see some old ones. This is going to be a great tour!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
Cesare wrote:Nice to meet some new people tonight. And see some old ones. This is going to be a great tour!

Roger that. So let's roll!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

It was great to meet you all last night (or see you again as the case may be). Thanks again for letting us locals crash your party.

I know you're out having a great time but don't forget to keep us posted...

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Princess Bride on a screen in Sonoma Square.

Inconceivable!

HitAnyKey42

WD just so I have an idea of timing, do you know when you might end up sending out the east coast shipments from the tour?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

Not trying to keep bumping this up, but I couldn't resist, after seeing a reference to this (from November 25, 2007) in the current offer thread:

Winedavid39 wrote:...btw- Who's this rpm person? Stick around will ya?....

This was after a number of extensive and highly informative posts by rpm, which I found still most fascinating reading today, even as a veteran of two tours.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

HitAnyKey42

I know while on the tour either at some of the stops or at the pre/post-tour gatherings there were wines opened that were non-standard varietals. Does anyone have any recollection of what they may have been (including what the varietals were of the madieras) so that I can add them to my Wine Century spreadsheet? On my spreadsheet I've been listing an exact wine (vintage, name, etc) as an example, plus the percentage of that grape if known. So any and all info of some of these new varietals I may have tried but forgot to write down is appreciated.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I know while on the tour either at some of the stops or at the pre/post-tour gatherings there were wines opened that were non-standard varietals. Does anyone have any recollection of what they may have been (including what the varietals were of the madieras) so that I can add them to my Wine Century spreadsheet? On my spreadsheet I've been listing an exact wine (vintage, name, etc) as an example, plus the percentage of that grape if known. So any and all info of some of these new varietals I may have tried but forgot to write down is appreciated.

The Madeira varietals from the trip were discussed on Joatman's Maderia thread a week or so ago. Worth going back and reading.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

richardhod

Deliberate and reasonable X-post: If you want more Saintsbury at a fraction of the price we had it on tour, you have until noon Eastern, 9am Western time to buy the Saintsbury single vineyard Pinots for about $20 a bottle from wineshopper. Amazing value.. If you like that Pinot style (and it's great stuff for Roessler etc lovers) then get it now.

And my notes are now entering the computer, for those who haven't expired from the waiting. So with you soon.

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
richardhod wrote:[snip]

And my notes are now entering the computer, for those who haven't expired from the waiting. So with you soon.

OK...still awaiting. However, there is still the, unanswered, question of when the two roosters kissing (take that woot-filter!) shipments are, well, shipping!

Is there an answer?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
gregorylane wrote:OK...still awaiting. However, there is still the, unanswered, question of when the two roosters kissing (take that woot-filter!) shipments are, well, shipping!

Is there an answer?

None that I've seen. And yes, this is my way of bumping this thread back to the top in hope of getting an answer. Though I don't know where I'll put it all once it arrives!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

winetrancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winetrancer

at last! Some of the tour pics that I know you really wanted to see, or not, but definitely one of the two!

tour pics
more to come, oh you lucky people you!

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
winetrancer wrote:at last! Some of the tour pics that I know you really wanted to see, or not, but definitely one of the two!

tour pics
more to come, oh you lucky people you!

Great pics! Especially love the "BOCCE BALL CHAMPS".

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

gregorylane

coynedj wrote:None that I've seen. And yes, this is my way of bumping this thread back to the top in hope of getting an answer. Though I don't know where I'll put it all once it arrives!

Huh. Kind of a Bummer...I had purchased a few wines with the express intention of bestowing them on my son, who leaves to start his bio-physics PhD @ University of Chicago...Saturday!

Now I'll have to get him some Woot Caramels, or something.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

gregorylane

kttest wrote:Great pics! Especially love the "BOCCE BALL CHAMPS".

Glad you liked them, partner. We'll have some more up soon...just been a madhouse getting 2 sons off to University. Not for me, mind you...but Momma is busy as all get out.

rpm-2012

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
kttest wrote:Great pics! Especially love the "BOCCE BALL CHAMPS".

Yeah, I bet you do

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

gregorylane

Our order arrived!

rpm-2012

txmusicman49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txmusicman49
gregorylane wrote:Our order arrived!

I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease, LOL, although if it's as hot in Florida as it is in Texas, you would definitely need high temp grease.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
gregorylane wrote:Our order arrived!

So did mine here in sunny and somewhat hot So Cal. Thanks WD!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
merbill wrote:So did mine here in sunny and somewhat hot So Cal. Thanks WD!

I saw G-money's post, your post, and the FedEx truck pulled up out front.... only to drop off the box containing my Fruit & Nut platters and leave.

d'oh! heh

HitAnyKey42

mother wrote:I saw G-money's post, your post, and the FedEx truck pulled up out front.... only to drop off the box containing my Fruit & Nut platters and leave.

d'oh! heh

Yah, I think us east coasters have a bit longer to wait.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yah, I think us east coasters have a bit longer to wait.

Gregory is in Florida!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

richardhod

bahwm wrote:Gregory is in Florida!

and that's the east coast? Next you'll be calling Texans Southerners!

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
richardhod wrote:and that's the east coast? Next you'll be calling Texans Southerners!

Texas is so big that they get to be both Westerners and Southerners (they did secede during the Late Unpleasantness, after all).

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Cesare

Looks like our wine was sent out with this week's reefer batch. My inzin order appeared in the fedex system in Ohio yesterday the 18th and is scheduled to be delivered in NY tomorrow the 20th. I bet the tour wine will be in the same delivery.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

ddeuddeg

Cesare wrote:Looks like our wine was sent out with this week's reefer batch. My inzin order appeared in the fedex system in Ohio yesterday the 18th and is scheduled to be delivered in NY tomorrow the 20th. I bet the tour wine will be in the same delivery.

Great. That means ours would wind up being dropped off at our house while we're en route to NYC tomorrow. I guess I'd better give our FedEx buddy a shout and tell him not to leave it until we get back.

gregorylane

richardhod wrote:and that's the east coast? Next you'll be calling Texans Southerners!

You tell 'em!

Hereabouts we consider ourselves the Gold Coast...don't even go to Florida's eastern side (except South Beach...Woohooo!). However...we think of ourselves as "the west coast", and Cali,Oregon and Washington as "the LEFT coast".

Not much to argue about there.

rpm-2012

gregorylane

txmusicman49 wrote:I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease, LOL, although if it's as hot in Florida as it is in Texas, you would definitely need high temp grease.

So, two questions...in different threads, and I'm squeaky wheeling?

BTW, all is in great shape, and Gun-Bun threw in a crazy kinda wine tote with velcro (harder to figure out than womens foundations).
But, alas it was all ripped up and now resides at the curb.

Had a Blue Jay with my son, as he'd never had a Pinot. My fault, as I don't usually like it much. It was perfect.

rpm-2012

txmusicman49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txmusicman49
gregorylane wrote:So, two questions...in different threads, and I'm squeaky wheeling?

BTW, all is in great shape, and Gun-Bun threw in a crazy kinda wine tote with velcro (harder to figure out than womens foundations).
But, alas it was all ripped up and now resides at the curb.

Had a Blue Jay with my son, as he'd never had a Pinot. My fault, as I don't usually like it much. It was perfect.

I was just teasing you since you were "wining" about not being able to share some wine with your soon to be off to college son.

No worries mate.

gregorylane

txmusicman49 wrote:I was just teasing you since you were "wining" about not being able to share some wine with your soon to be off to college son.

No worries mate.

OK..it is SO hard to be pithy/tongue in cheek on the internet...from here on in, everything I write is to be taken with a smiley face unless I say "...I'm serious here!"

Edit: I'm serious here!

rpm-2012

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
Cesare wrote:Looks like our wine was sent out with this week's reefer batch. My inzin order appeared in the fedex system in Ohio yesterday the 18th and is scheduled to be delivered in NY tomorrow the 20th. I bet the tour wine will be in the same delivery.

My Inzin showed up this morning here in DFW. No problem with heat.

Z

richardhod

gregorylane wrote:OK..it is SO hard to be pithy/tongue in cheek on the internet...from here on in, everything I write is to be taken with a smiley face unless I say "...I'm serious here!"

ha ha ha!

winetrancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winetrancer
gregorylane wrote:OK..it is SO hard to be pithy/tongue in cheek on the internet...from here on in, everything I write is to be taken with a smiley face unless I say "...I'm serious here!"

someone takes YOU serious?

Looking for pillow to laugh into, composing myself now... OF COURSE they do!

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

Was just starting to get a little bit of wonder where the tour wine was. If it shows this week, great. Got my Vintage Keeper all ready to go.

-Andy

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda