gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Unfortunately, my friends tried but cannot make it work. We are back to yesterday's status.

And so it goes.
Kilgore Trout

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
gregorylane wrote:Unfortunately, my friends tried but cannot make it work. We are back to yesterday's status.

And so it goes.
Kilgore Trout

Oh, darn! I tried two of my friends and they are also unable to make it work.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
richardhod wrote:currently there's three f us looking at a three-way with an extra bed in a room to save, but it's conceivable that someone might go in with you if it makes it all easy. I'm a AAA member fwiw if anyone needs booking.
Unless my car breaks down (it's old) I'm thinking of drivingup myself, but can tlk abouy logistics too.

Though I'm not THAT much better yet, and can hardly swallow, on medical grounds I'm looking at 80% probability that I can make it.

Okay, I'm not interested in a three-way, especially if you're implying anything close to the AndyDuncan "Sausage Gravy" meaning. However, if somebody is looking for a roommate to save some $, then PM me. Like I said, I have a room already booked at a AAA rate, but I can cancel (by the 16th) if an extra bed is out there, or convert my room to 2 beds (assuming BW goes along with it) if somebody is currently homeless. HAK's sheet indicates he's got an extra bed, but I'm not sure its the latest info.

Mr Hod: I have an old car too that needs a couple of new tires but is not likely to break down, so maybe we can work something out (assuming you're not contagious and feel better soon). You initiated the gathering at Java's this weekend, so I assume you plan to attend if you can. When do you see yourself leaving to go to Sonoma?

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
merbill wrote:Okay, I'm not interested in a three-way, especially if you're implying anything close to the AndyDuncan "Sausage Gravy" meaning. However, if somebody is looking for a roommate to save some $, then PM me. Like I said, I have a room already booked at a AAA rate, but I can cancel (by the 16th) if an extra bed is out there, or convert my room to 2 beds (assuming BW goes along with it) if somebody is currently homeless. HAK's sheet indicates he's got an extra bed, but I'm not sure its the latest info.

The sheet is currently out of date with regards to that piece of info. Currently my room will have 3 guys (myself, klezman, & richardhod), 1 on a rollaway bed which the hotel provides for an extra small fee. If Richard ends up not being able to attend, then it will be myself & klezman in the room (no rollaway).

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
HitAnyKey42 wrote:The sheet is currently out of date with regards to that piece of info. Currently my room will have 3 guys (myself, klezman, & richardhod), 1 on a rollaway bed which the hotel provides for an extra small fee. If Richard ends up not being able to attend, then it will be myself & klezman in the room (no rollaway).

Well I guess we know where the party room is now! I'll keep my room, but I might switch to the double queen anyway so if somebody wants to move, the option will be there.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
merbill wrote:Okay, I'm not interested in a three-way, especially if you're implying anything close to the AndyDuncan "Sausage Gravy" meaning. However, if somebody is looking for a roommate to save some $, then PM me. Like I said, I have a room already booked at a AAA rate, but I can cancel (by the 16th) if an extra bed is out there, or convert my room to 2 beds (assuming BW goes along with it) if somebody is currently homeless. HAK's sheet indicates he's got an extra bed, but I'm not sure its the latest info.

Mr Hod: I have an old car too that needs a couple of new tires but is not likely to break down, so maybe we can work something out (assuming you're not contagious and feel better soon). You initiated the gathering at Java's this weekend, so I assume you plan to attend if you can. When do you see yourself leaving to go to Sonoma?

OK. several things, some to all:

!. to ALL: When's the unofficial visit to Ty Caton? I'm due to pick up some half-price bottles from there, and I noticed there was a move to that but can't find it.

2. Wellington's early morning vineyard thingy moved to Tuesday I think (I'm doing this all from memory as I have little time). I'm getting up for it, if he'll let us come. Anyone up for it? I'll have transport. Can we fit it in and make the bus?

3. Me: not contagious, it's an oesophageal ulcer caused by incorrect use of the [prophylactic antimalarial] antibiotic Doxycycline. Today for the first time it seems to be slightly better. Cross your fingers for tomorrow. I'm flying 2/3 of the way round the world n the next two days. Hope they have some nice rice soup on the aeroplanes.

4. (and on for Merb)
Glad HAK cleared up the room situ! you're a good backup if anyone wants to join. I'll ask some friends if I get the time.

5. Travel: Monday am. Car's basically sound, just ancient Saab electrics. I'm leaning to an independent drive up as I'm likely to want to stay in the Bay Area afterwards for a little while (and pick up a couple of cases of mine from the excellent Klez, unless he brings 'em, but even if!). But tell me your ideal movements and it might sound better. Mine's an open-top 900. When the electrics work... while I'm away I lent it to an actress and it sounds as if from her report she has rubber fingers.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
richardhod wrote:OK. several things, some to all:

2. Wellington's early morning vineyard thingy moved to Tuesday I think (I'm doing this all from memory as I have little time). I'm getting up for it, if he'll let us come. Anyone up for it? I'll have transport. Can we fit it in and make the bus?

Mobile bottling moved to Tues 8AM. We're 20 mins. (+/-) from the hotel. You'll need to check w/ the powers that be (Woop & RPM) as to what time you'll need to be on the bus. I will be around Monday if anyone wants to drop by and chat pre-tour.

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm
SonomaBouliste wrote:Mobile bottling moved to Tues 8AM. We're 20 mins. (+/-) from the hotel. You'll need to check w/ the powers that be (Woop & RPM) as to what time you'll need to be on the bus. I will be around Monday if anyone wants to drop by and chat pre-tour.

Unfortunately, we're getting a fairly early start on Tuesday (NLT 08:30, maybe a little earlier), so I don't think it would be practical for anyone to be out at your place before we start. We're on the other side of Sonoma on Tuesday, over towards Carneros -- otherwise I'd have had the bus run everyone out to you leaving at 7:30.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
rpm wrote:Unfortunately, we're getting a fairly early start on Tuesday (NLT 08:30, maybe a little earlier), so I don't think it would be practical for anyone to be out at your place before we start. We're on the other side of Sonoma on Tuesday, over towards Carneros -- otherwise I'd have had the bus run everyone out to you leaving at 7:30.

Just as well, I'd imagine.

bahwm

For those who are renting a car, I just got an email from Borders Rewards Perks and they are offering 25% off plus save an additional $30 with a Saturday stay or 25% off for a shorter rental. It's a really nice deal.

However, Southwest with my Entertainment Book coupon for Alamo for a free weekday is still a better deal than any, at this time. Now, I must cancel the other two cars that were the best deal around earlier on.

I've saved over $50 in car rentals ($10 in Ontario) on this trip using my Entertainment Book coupons. Shameless plug here: If you are thinking about ordering an Entertainment Book this year, you can order it through my students and get it shipped directly to you and my kids will get credit for their trip to Quebec in February, 2011. PM me for details.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Awfully quiet hereabouts today.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:Awfully quiet hereabouts today.

That's cuz I got a The Strangers (2008)TON of work to do today before I vanish from the office for over a week.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo
HitAnyKey42 wrote:The sheet is currently out of date with regards to that piece of info. Currently my room will have 3 guys (myself, klezman, & richardhod), 1 on a rollaway bed which the hotel provides for an extra small fee. If Richard ends up not being able to attend, then it will be myself & klezman in the room (no rollaway).

Also, the PencilThief(s) will not be coming, though they are still in the sheet. Wasn't sure how you wanted those types of changes handled. I think we are down to 23 or 24, which could be $40.00 more per person. Also looks like we might be able to squeeze in a look at a mobile bottling line.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Also, be aware that we might be leaving earlier than listed on Tuesday, and will try to leave as close to 8 (eight) am on Thursday to make sure we have enough time for what Peter has in store for us over at the Wellington Blending Camp/Workshop.

rpm

woopdedoo wrote:Also, be aware that we might be leaving earlier than listed on Tuesday, and will try to leave as close to 8 (eight) am on Thursday to make sure we have enough time for what Peter has in store for us over at the Wellington Blending Camp/Workshop.

If we want to be at Peter's by 0800, we need to leave NLT 0740, better 0730 am.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:For those who are renting a car

Just out of curiosity, what are you paying for the car up in NoCal?

[I'm so loathe to buy an Entertainment book after my previous experience with the company... NEVER buy a book from them directly!]

ddeuddeg

mother wrote:Just out of curiosity, what are you paying for the car up in NoCal?

[I'm so loathe to buy an Entertainment book after my previous experience with the company... NEVER buy a book from them directly!]

PM for you.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Cesare

quality posts: 1598 Private Messages Cesare

We should post all our wootlegs so nothing gets forgotten.

I am bringing 2 bottles of Corison from Krugsters for Joatmon.
I don't think anyone has anything for me...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
Cesare wrote:We should post all our wootlegs so nothing gets forgotten.

I am bringing 2 bottles of Corison from Krugsters for Joatmon.
I don't think anyone has anything for me...

I am bringing 1 bottle of Aligote for ddeudeg.

Can anybody wootleg to cjsiege for me?

And, who volunteered to supply a bottle of the CyberPub wine to me?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Cesare

JOATMON wrote:I am bringing 1 bottle of Aligote for ddeudeg.

Well cj is going to the clambake so a number of people can bring it back. Me, d-dog, hak, mother, rpm...
I'd like a cyberpub bottle too if someone wants to bring one. Which I could also get at the clambake too.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ddeuddeg

Glad you remembered the Aligote, because it had totally slipped my mind. And I'm sure I haven't paid you for it. We'll fix that in a few days.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

If there aren't any wootleggers, and if you can hang on a bit longer, I'll be out your way toward the later part of Sept.

ddeuddeg

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:Can anybody wootleg to cjsiege for me?

Quantity?

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I can bring a bottle of the CyberPub hopefully. I'm picking them up from mewalk on Monday night... at least that's the plan. So I will have my case and I can part with 1 or 2 bottles at the pre-tour get together.

JOATMON

ddeuddeg wrote:Glad you remembered the Aligote, because it had totally slipped my mind. And I'm sure I haven't paid you for it. We'll fix that in a few days.

I'm going to totally screw up my reputation here...

You never expressed interest in the Aligote. This is a gift to you in return for having helped me so much in my quest for 100% century club membership.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

ddeuddeg wrote:Quantity?

One bottle of Aligote.

(as of 2011-03-02)

rpm

JOATMON wrote:I'm going to totally screw up my reputation here...

You never expressed interest in the Aligote. This is a gift to you in return for having helped me so much in my quest for 100% century club membership.

Ya coulda saved yer rep wit' a pm....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

JOATMON

As in two years ago, there is now a thread for tour accounts to be posted.

(as of 2011-03-02)

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

For anyone who is going to be in San Francisco before/after the tour, here's a deal on tickets to Wicked:

(from http://www.spoofee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=684477 )

Wicked is performing at the San Francisco, CA Orpheum theater until 09/05/10 and is offering a discount on their tickets.

Save up to $30 on orchestra, loge and mezzanine seats.

This show is highly recommended even if you aren't into musicals.

- Link to Purchase Tickets
- Use Code : 38WEST
- Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun evening: $50 (reg price: $80)
- Fri evening, Sat/Sun matinee: $75 (reg price: $99)
- Good for tickets until 08/01/10

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

gregorylane

JOATMON wrote:

T'was me. I haven't forgotten.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

Cesare

Weather check.
Holy crap! We're going to be in Plymouth this weekend.
Sonoma and Napa look ok next week.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

bahwm

Checked in for tomorrow's flight. Just for the heck of it I decided to check on the car rental option that showed up on the boarding pass page, popped in my Entertainment Book coupon and just saved another $24.20 since yesterday's rental change! Yeah!

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:One bottle of Aligote.

Just one bottle for CJ? I'll handle it.

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I'm going to totally screw up my reputation here...

And how does this screw up your reputation as a kind-hearted, generous wooter?
I'll be most pleased to add the Aligoté to my own Century Club list.

bahwm

Cesare wrote:Weather check.
Holy crap! We're going to be in Plymouth this weekend.

Ah, but it should be a dry heat. . .

Have a safe trip.

gregorylane

this is gregorylane+1.....just wondering if I should bring refillable water bottles in our luggage? I drink LOTS of water throughout the day and especially when consuming the nectar of the gods! Will water be available on the bus, on the tour, etc?

rpm-2012

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Excellent question re water. I plan to bring a fairly large bottle.

Another question regards getting from the airport to the hotel (I thought I had already asked this, but didn't find the post). I get in at 1:40 on Monday - will there be a loud, boisterous group gathering to take the shuttle?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

gregorylane

coynedj wrote:Excellent question re water. I plan to bring a fairly large bottle.

Another question regards getting from the airport to the hotel (I thought I had already asked this, but didn't find the post). I get in at 1:40 on Monday - will there be a loud, boisterous group gathering to take the shuttle?

this is gregorylane+1 (being told what to say) still need h2o answer(period) DJ...we're waiting for you, wkpanda gets in early, we're in the middle. Let's call each other, whatever(period) Look at planner for phone numbers(period) That's the only people he knows so far(period)

was told to edit right quick, FUN on top of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0gLBqRIG0&feature=related

rpm-2012

ddeuddeg

gregorylane wrote:this is gregorylane+1 (being told what to say) still need h2o answer(period) DJ...we're waiting for you, wkpanda gets in early, we're in the middle. Let's call each other, whatever(period) Look at planner for phone numbers(period) That's the only people he knows so far(period)

was told to edit right quick, FUN on top of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0gLBqRIG0&feature=related

I think having water along is a really great idea. Just in case. plan on bringing your own.