Chargerrt500

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Chargerrt500
conroo wrote:If your UPS driver signs for you and leaves your delivery out of the sun and in the garage ...

... you might be a w.w addict

That has happened to me. My FedEx guy says, "Do you have a back deck? If you're not here next time, I'll just leave it on the back deck." Sure enough, two deliveries later, that's what he did. I think I need to give him a bottle on his next visit.

Cesare

quality posts: 1675 Private Messages Cesare

When your UPS guy delivers a non wine package and asks you, what happened to all the wine you used to get delivered? Because woot switched to Fedex...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Cesare wrote:When your UPS guy delivers a non wine package and asks you, what happened to all the wine you used to get delivered? Because woot switched to Fedex...

Blah, stop reminding me about the Fedex switch. I'm still pissed about that because Fedex to my place is a PAIN IN THE ASS, and essentially forces me to ship to the office. And they already think I'm a big enough lush without boxes of wine being delivered.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

I have to add

When you know your FedEx deliverer by first name (Jamie) and he signs your name for a delivery because your underage daughter is the only one home

You might be a W.W addict

ahueston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahueston

I loved reading this thread and although i am still new to w.w. i have thought of some that have happen to me.

If your office thinks they should do a wine tasting and have you lead it and supply the wine....

if you stop buying wine because your 30 bottle wine fridge is to small, but then you just decided to buy a 150 bottle fridge to store your wine....

if you automatically double the price as of the offer as you know you will buy 2 packs so you can cellar some and drink some now

you might be a w.w addict

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
ahueston wrote:I loved reading this thread and although i am still new to w.w. i have thought of some that have happen to me....

...you might be a w.w addict

Welcome, ahueston! You are among enablers...er...friends here!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mike808 wrote:Frackity, Frack! Frack! Frack! CC bank just called me and informed me that my account has been canceled immediately due to suspected fraud. It seems there have been a lot of liquor/wine purchases on my card lately, and they were concerned. Hmmm. Hadn't noticed.

You know you have a problem when your bank closes your credit line ASAP because they think you have a Wine.Woot! problem. Arrrrgggghhhh!

Why can't they just be enablers like the rest of you dear, dear, friends here in the forums?

[EDIT] Last wooter to woot: mike808

... you might just be!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
dalylink wrote:I have to add

When you know your FedEx deliverer by first name (Jamie) and he signs your name for a delivery because your underage daughter is the only one home

You might be a W.W addict

OR...He has my cell number and I have his.

unwoofer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unwoofer

When you total the cost of the Woot Wine in your cellar and it actually is greater in value than the car you drive daily.....

You might be a wine.woot addict.

(And of course you may just be driving a Crappy Jane Honda....)

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

If you figure what day of the week it is by the offering that is on woot, and if the fact that it is a wine offering on a thursday makes you brain think its friday. Then you are a wine.woot addict.

Evidence

[quote="cheron98"] So I woke up this morning and bleary-eyed checked woot. And saw a wine. Which made me think for sure I slept through Thursday and today was Friday. But no, it's Thursday.

Then I get to work, and the boss isn't here. And he said he was working from home on Friday. This only adds to my confusion and reinforces in my brain that it is Friday. But no, it's Thursday.

Then I remember, boss is down at corporate HQ with the clients for a meeting that is bound to be completely unproductive. And others seem as confused by the non-wine offer as I am. So yes, it's Thursday.

But my brain keeps wanting to say it's Friday.[/quote]

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

You might be a wine.woot addict if you are using people that you met here as references for your security clearance renewal.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
InShadows wrote:You might be a wine.woot addict if you are using people that you met here as references for your security clearance renewal.

Dood! That's a helluva lot of trust in a bunch of web wackos!

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

If you buy non-wine items you don't need and don't want during wine.woot-offs just so you can get back to buying wine .....

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

When you get 50+ bottles shipped for just over $500 out of pocket.

Still having $250 to spend.

Could be potentially junkied or jugged up.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
InShadows wrote:You might be a wine.woot addict if you are using people that you met here as references for your security clearance renewal.

Godspeed Endeavour. But at the ISS there are Russians. They get pissed if you dont do a shot. Its part of their culture.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bsevern wrote:Is it bad when your kitchen is looking like BevMo (but with better wine?) ??

.... You might be a Woot Wineaux!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

If your wine storage facility moves your boxes out of the aisle into an empty locker for you ... you might be a WWA.

Right RjQ?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

If you watch this site EVERY DAY and live in Va with no shipping, you might be a wine.woot addict!!!!!!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
slm9951 wrote:If you watch this site EVERY DAY and live in Va with no shipping, you might be a wine.woot addict!!!!!!

And check the "ships to" states list every time

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:If your wine storage facility moves your boxes out of the aisle into an empty locker for you ... you might be a WWA.

Right RjQ?

The message I got:

I just FILLED up C4 with todays delivery (for you)

Do you want me to put C4 on your lease?

That's #4 there.
I blame it on all of you enablers.

CT

MarkDaSpark

You know you're a Woot Wineaux when ... you post what you drank at 4:30 AM on a Sunday!

MarkDaSpark

You might be a Woot Wineaux if you have this for furniture ...