yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
CTmasterblender wrote:That is a miss print of Woots side. It's 100% Russian River. IF I were to do that I would probably be looking for creaminess or oak, but that isn't my style of Chard.

Thank you, I was wondering about that. I have been worried that this would be too buttery. So tell me is this a crispier? more fruitier? wine... sorry for my descriptors.

CTmasterblender

quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
jwink wrote:In your opinion, this wine should be consumed this summer? With the absence of oak and being fruit forward (I'm guessing) that it may be at its peak for the next 12-18 months?

VERY hard to resist based on your reply above regarding how you came to purchase this wine. With the description story, and your blog, we may be approaching Block 13 QPR. My credit card is in the freezer as it's been over-stressed during the last few offerings.

Not sure what "Block 13 QPR" is but I love that I have your attention. Negociants get a bad rap sometimes - personally I love it. I think I found my next SB today. Just a month ago I came across my 2007 Santa Maria Valley Pinot, life is good.

CTmasterblender

Completely off the record, but having my mug next to Harrison Ford was kind of funny (under the blog picture).

kmtfk6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtfk6

Question, I am looking on this for purchase I can make in a couple months... but I saw that Missouri isn't on this list, but its on the one under the FAQ. Why is that?

CTmasterblender

yathink2 wrote:Thank you, I was wondering about that. I have been worried that this would be too buttery. So tell me is this a crispier? more fruitier? wine... sorry for my descriptors.

Yes - the wine start of with a nice tropical and citrus aroma. The palate is fruit drive with a hint of oak on the mid palate and the finis is crisp and juicy. Great summer wine as I mentioned earlier.

CTmasterblender

jwink wrote:In your opinion, this wine should be consumed this summer? With the absence of oak and being fruit forward (I'm guessing) that it may be at its peak for the next 12-18 months?

VERY hard to resist based on your reply above regarding how you came to purchase this wine. With the description story, and your blog, we may be approaching Block 13 QPR. My credit card is in the freezer as it's been over-stressed during the last few offerings.

I would probably agree with you that it will peak in the next year or so. One never knows with Chard. I remember my parents drink a 25+ year old Hanzell Chardonnay over at the winery and were blown away by how it had held up. I believe they were all stainless back in the 60's. I'm not saying this is that wine, but some people don't realize how long Chards can age when you find the right one. Stony Hill is another great aging Chard.

CTmasterblender

kmtfk6 wrote:Question, I am looking on this for purchase I can make in a couple months... but I saw that Missouri isn't on this list, but its on the one under the FAQ. Why is that?

I'm sorry about that, but I believe our Missouri license wasn't renewed this year for direct shipping.

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2
CTmasterblender wrote:Yes - the wine start of with a nice tropical and citrus aroma. The palate is fruit drive with a hint of oak on the mid palate and the finis is crisp and juicy. Great summer wine as I mentioned earlier.

very nice, I'm in. I love the crispness of whites but cant deal with a lot of butter. Thanks Trent, I know its too late to rat this but if I could I would... :D

Edelfaeule

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Edelfaeule

Trent... any chance you could get to the questions I asked earlier?

CTmasterblender

HELLO AND GOOD MORNING WOOTERS, I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND. I THANK THE HOLIDAY CROWD THAT JOINED ME YESTERDAY / TODAY. I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS I WILL BE A LITTLE OUT OF SERVICE. I won a golf tourney last week and now get to advance to Monterey and play a couple of really amazing courses. I will be out of touch tomorrow from 5AM till 3PM (drive time and golf), then tomorrow during golf which the timing depends on how I play tomorrow. I promise to get all questions answered here and on the blog. I enjoy this part of the process and look forward to hearing what you think of this deal and the wine (Rats, you need to move quickly for me, the holiday hurts!). I wish I had someone to fill in for me, but I’m a one man show with C&T Cellars – I’m out, we are all out. Chat with you soon - Trent

Riesling18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riesling18

I hope this is amazing. I can't resist a Russian River Chardonnay. I like my reds full and fruity, but my heart belongs to oaky whites, and Russians are a heart breaker! Clos du Bois, Rodney Strong, Wente, Frei Brothers are all wonderful choices if you have the falling, and easily found. Yummmm.... They are wonderful alone, with cheese and crackers, or a sumptious dinner. Shame on you Woot. I bought two, just because of my Russian addiction!

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink
CTmasterblender wrote:Not sure what "Block 13 QPR" is but I love that I have your attention. Negociants get a bad rap sometimes - personally I love it. I think I found my next SB today. Just a month ago I came across my 2007 Santa Maria Valley Pinot, life is good.

Sorry about that "Block 13" was offered a few months ago and is a Gun-Bun WD found for us where they use sourced fruit at about $11.50/bottle and drinks like a $30++ Many wish we'd get another offering.

Forum here: http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2807294

Good luck with the golf, I yearn to play Pebble and Spy Glass. Hit them pure and put them few.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

rexmidian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rexmidian

This has me very hesitant to purchase. Are there any ratings on this wine? I I have this burning sensation... to just jump on on this one, and I am going to need some convincing. Any help would be appreciated from those who have tasted it before.

CTmasterblender

jwink wrote:Sorry about that "Block 13" was offered a few months ago and is a Gun-Bun WD found for us where they use sourced fruit at about $11.50/bottle and drinks like a $30++ Many wish we'd get another offering.

Forum here: http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2807294

Good luck with the golf, I yearn to play Pebble and Spy Glass. Hit them pure and put them few.

I khope you find this to be simular quality. Playing Bayonet tody and Poppy Hills tomorrow. Always looking for golf partners.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
CTmasterblender wrote:I khope you find this to be simular quality. Playing Bayonet tody and Poppy Hills tomorrow. Always looking for golf partners.

A golf pro buddy of mine sent me this a while back... how to keep your head right while playing cow pasture pool

/end mini-hijack

CT

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

Those who have experienced Russian River Chardonnay here already know how special Chardonnay can be from this region. The regions ability to produce extraordinary and unique Chardonnay’s with its cool climate and terrior has been known for sometime. As a result, the Russian river produces results that rival many other regions highly acclaimed for the best Chardonnay’s. Here is an excellent article recently written by Dan Berger that covers the Russian River and the excitement it is generating for the often maligned Chardonnay, abeit by our own actions and poor decisions elsewhere.

slapinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slapinator
koneco wrote:Woohoo! No New Hampshire shipping! This makes saving cash EASY.

If woot! wants to sell me something, it's gotta be for the stereo in my car! ... yknow, the normal woot. Or sellout.

Does anyone know why NH was removed from the list?

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
slapinator wrote:Does anyone know why NH was removed from the list?

Probably because C&T doesn't have a NH license.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 198 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

CTmasterblender wrote:HELLO AND GOOD MORNING WOOTERS, I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND. I THANK THE HOLIDAY CROWD THAT JOINED ME YESTERDAY / TODAY. I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS I WILL BE A LITTLE OUT OF SERVICE. I won a golf tourney last week and now get to advance to Monterey and play a couple of really amazing courses. I will be out of touch tomorrow from 5AM till 3PM (drive time and golf), then tomorrow during golf which the timing depends on how I play tomorrow. I promise to get all questions answered here and on the blog. I enjoy this part of the process and look forward to hearing what you think of this deal and the wine (Rats, you need to move quickly for me, the holiday hurts!). I wish I had someone to fill in for me, but I’m a one man show with C&T Cellars – I’m out, we are all out. Chat with you soon - Trent

Bayonette is a beast. I played once with Trent. Dude can flat out maul on the golf course.

ruahusker2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruahusker2000

Well, that's my second woot ever (and in the last month). This is going to be bad...

I would like to second the person that said thanks for your comments. I'm trying to learn about wine, and the offers here are amazing. I'm hoping to get a few more over summer (for education of course), so keep those comments coming. Now if anyone has tips about how to start drinking reds...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ruahusker2000 wrote:Well, that's my second woot ever (and in the last month). This is going to be bad...

I would like to second the person that said thanks for your comments. I'm trying to learn about wine, and the offers here are amazing. I'm hoping to get a few more over summer (for education of course), so keep those comments coming. Now if anyone has tips about how to start drinking reds...

WELCOME. Give up your savings account and credit cards now.

We (the conglomeration of wine.wooters that I am being so bold as to speak for) can better help you if you tell us what you don't like about reds and also, what reds you have tried.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

crabbyman22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
ruahusker2000 wrote:Well, that's my second woot ever (and in the last month). This is going to be bad...

how to start drinking reds...
Remove cork,pour into decanter(see Wine David post),pour into glass,pour into mouth.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

copperpixie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages copperpixie

I know it is too late to beg, but please WD, I hope you sent rattage to someone who knows the goodness of Block 13. Truly, it someone said it was that good, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I would buy it twice in a heartbeat! Rats.. I'm depending on you!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
copperpixie wrote:I know it is too late to beg, but please WD, I hope you sent rattage to someone who knows the goodness of Block 13. Truly, it someone said it was that good, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I would buy it twice in a heartbeat! Rats.. I'm depending on you!

I don't understand the correlation between someone who appreciated/liked Block 13 and this offering...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CTmasterblender

crabbyman22 wrote:how to start drinking reds...
Remove cork,pour into decanter(see Wine David post),pour into glass,pour into mouth.

I love this quote, it needs to be on a T-shirt

CTmasterblender

kylemittskus wrote:I don't understand the correlation between someone who appreciated/liked Block 13 and this offering...

I believe it's finding a style you like and running with it. It really would only speak to the person who loves that wine obviously.

CTmasterblender

Winedavid39 wrote:Bayonette is a beast. I played once with Trent. Dude can flat out maul on the golf course.

Hit 15 greens (played short from the whites) and only made two birdies - bad day putting1!

FergyinDaATL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FergyinDaATL

I buy a case of Angeline Russian River Chard a few times a year I pick up for $10.99-$12.99 a bottle at Total Wine. Great fruit, touch of Oak. Serves as my every day drinker when in the mood for white. Waiting for some rat feedback to confirm the flavors then in for 2 or 3. Russian River is my favorite for all whites and also lots of great Pinot producers (Siduri, Gary Farrel)...

iceblade24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iceblade24

This is the first wine I'm buying off wine woot after following the offers for a while. Love how the producers actually interact with the customers, and have been meaning to try some better wines than the normal stuff I've been drinking. I'm hoping that my dislike for the chardonnays I've tried has been a result of the overbearing oak presence, but I guess we will see!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
CTmasterblender wrote:I khope you find this to be simular quality. Playing Bayonet tody and Poppy Hills tomorrow. Always looking for golf partners.

I'm in! yay golfing!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
crabbyman22 wrote:how to start drinking reds...

Repeat.

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge
iceblade24 wrote:I'm hoping that my dislike for the chardonnays I've tried has been a result of the overbearing oak presence, but I guess we will see!

My wife definitely DETESTS a moderate (or worse!) oak presence, and even sometimes a light oak, so I'm trusting that this can win her over.

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry
CTmasterblender wrote:Hit 15 greens (played short from the whites) and only made two birdies - bad day putting1!

Alas, my game will never get to the point where I can say "...only made two birdies". Sounds like you're in the US Open qualifiers - good luck. Be our Tin Cup!

My Cellar in CT

CTmasterblender

iceblade24 wrote:This is the first wine I'm buying off wine woot after following the offers for a while. Love how the producers actually interact with the customers, and have been meaning to try some better wines than the normal stuff I've been drinking. I'm hoping that my dislike for the chardonnays I've tried has been a result of the overbearing oak presence, but I guess we will see!

Thank you for experimenting; it’s one of the great things about wine. I feel like a wino first and a winemaker second a lot of the time. I love trying new wines. For the most part, I find them all interesting and enjoy analyzing the different components. Why is Russian River one of the best Chardonnay and Pinot areas in the state and what is the similar component that runs through all the wines that make them Russian River? These are the kind of things I like about when drinking wine. Appellations are really fun to analyze.

CTmasterblender

edthebedhead wrote:I'm in! yay golfing!

Poppy Hills in an hour - FFFOOOORRRRREEEEE

CTmasterblender

HeartbreakRidge wrote:My wife definitely DETESTS a moderate (or worse!) oak presence, and even sometimes a light oak, so I'm trusting that this can win her over.

Honestly I think you are fine with this wine. I wouldn't steer you wrong for a 3 bottle sale. This is a bright fruit forward wine.

CTmasterblender

merryberry wrote:Alas, my game will never get to the point where I can say "...only made two birdies". Sounds like you're in the US Open qualifiers - good luck. Be our Tin Cup!

I could have used a shovel to make the holes bigger yesterday. They looked like the size of a marble!

copperpixie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages copperpixie
kylemittskus wrote:I don't understand the correlation between someone who appreciated/liked Block 13 and this offering...

I'm sorry, to clarify: I am hoping someone who liked it and knows the value that it was for the price, will also like this and be able to judge if it is a similar value. I would probably like to get one, but if it approaches that value, I would get two.

At this point, I'm interested in the QPR to determine purchase.

ruahusker2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruahusker2000
kylemittskus wrote:WELCOME. Give up your savings account and credit cards now.

We (the conglomeration of wine.wooters that I am being so bold as to speak for) can better help you if you tell us what you don't like about reds and also, what reds you have tried.

Well, I don't like dry wines. I'm really a beer girl, but I feel wine drinking is a critical business skill so I'm determined to educate myself about it. Strangely, the only reds I really love are very expensive Cabernets. I guess I'm looking for "easy" drinks to begin with.

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
ruahusker2000 wrote:
Strangely, the only reds I really love are very expensive Cabernets. I guess I'm looking for "easy" drinks to begin with.

Can you verbalize what it is about them that you enjoy?