Sheolraver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sheolraver

So very in for this offering.

box of chorizo robbery victim!

dayoff53

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dayoff53
richardhod wrote:If I sign up for rat labbing, what's the chance of getting picked, or is it just established people who get the ticket?

I'm guessing enthusiasm counts for something here. I have not bought a whole lot of woot wines, but I got ratted the first time I bought in time (I think). It's the second thing I have won in my life - the first was a stuffed bear with a bee on it's nose in the bean guess as the school carnival in 1970. I'd like to think it's just Karma rewarding me for a superlative life, but somehow that doesn't seem to fit. Right place, right time, stars aligned and WineDavid liked my application is my best guess.

DayOff53
my cellar

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
mopsie2002 wrote:Haha I dunno...I still haven't been chosen, and I've ordered by the deadline quite a few times. *shrugs* My impression is that most rats probably labrat a couple times per year, I'm assuming they buy by the deadline fairly frequently.

I think it's more like once a year, maybe less now that so many people have signed up.

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

I may not be as witty as some, but I take my LabRat duties very seriously. Dinner for this evening had already been planned, so my tasting notes come mostly from before and after dinner. (French jamon & gruyere panini sandwiches with dijon mustard & ginger peach chutney accompanied by homemade butternut squash & apple soup.)

I opened the Salvestrin approximately one hour before dinner. I decanted the bottle, except for a small glass I used to evaluate the cab upon opening. First of all, there was a fair amount of sediment around the cork & in the neck of the bottle. (This has never bothered me, but it is a warning to all to expect it!)

My initial impressions were as follows:

1. the color was a deep ruby red, very dark with hints of purple.
2. the nose was very hot, & all I could decipher was cherries & alcohol.
3. the taste was interesting, but a bit disjointed. I noted coffee, tobacco, vanilla, mild red fruits, and alcohol & tannins.

A personal note...I tend to prefer more old school wines, usually fairly balanced and lower alcohol.

I immediately decided this wine needed time in the decanter!

After about 30 minutes, I came back to the wine. There was more fruit on the nose, but it was still hot. More fruit came through on the palate...I detected cherries, tart berries & smoky tobacco.

About 1 1/2 hours after decanting the Salvestrin, it all began to come together for me. The wine was much smoother. Now I could taste chocolate on top of the fruit.

After 2 hours in the decanter, I decided this wine had great QPR. Although the style is a bit more "Parkerized" than I prefer, I found this wine to be delicious. I could now taste essence of ginger, & pepper, as well as darker fruits like plum & blackberries. The cherries, vanilla, chocolate & tobacco were still present as well. And, finally, the alcohol & tannins were finally more in line, making this a much better balanced wine.

As I write, I am sipping my final glass of the bottle. (My husband & I managed to drink the entire bottle in the name of research!) I am glad that I wooted this wine & more is on the way. I for one, plan to cellar a bottle for a couple of years. The other will be enjoyed sooner, but most likely decanted a good hour before drinking.

If you like bigger California cabernets...then this wine's for you!

P.S. Many thanks for the opportunity to be a labrat WD & the folks at Salvestrin!

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

RichSalvestrin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages RichSalvestrin
annsalisbury wrote:Given the varying opinions about Parker's preferred style (see the "World of Woot Wine" section for more), have you given much thought to using ~5% to 10% of your yield to make an old world style wine? It seems that there is a small but sufficient minority out there who would buy that wine if it were available, and might even pay a small premium for the option.

I know the market is very difficult right now, but I'm hoping that you might have the ability to try it since you have owned the land for so long. I may have read too much between the lines in your prior post, but you seemed a little wistful as well about the stylistic changes the market was demanding.

I think one always has to be aware of the market but also you have to believe in what you are doing. Our goal is to make the best wine we can from our site. That means we have to learn from what we do every year and always consider how we can use what we learn to make the wine even better. So, we are aware of whats going on in the market and consider it along with our long term goal of quality, sense of place and our stylistic preference.

celicarocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celicarocks

I love wine, and I really want to order some from wine.woot, but im looking for a really good value like I see other items at woot.com. I drink ALOT of wine and all different kinds and haven't seen anything yet that screams value. I can drive to my local sam's club and buy twice the amount of wine for what I would spend here on a single shipment, and anybody who's been to sam's club knows they have an awesome wine selection. Just a comparison but I can buy almost 4 bottles of Sterling Vineyards Cabernet for what I would spend on this shipment!!! I don't get what everyone is wooting about?

i got Swagger

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
celicarocks wrote:I love wine, and I really want to order some from wine.woot, but im looking for a really good value like I see other items at woot.com. I drink ALOT of wine and all different kinds and haven't seen anything yet that screams value. I can drive to my local sam's club and buy twice the amount of wine for what I would spend here on a single shipment, and anybody who's been to sam's club knows they have an awesome wine selection. Just a comparison but I can buy almost 4 bottles of Sterling Vineyards Cabernet for what I would spend on this shipment!!! I don't get what everyone is wooting about?

This is not the same quality of Sterling Vineyards. If that is the wine you drink, GREAT!!! The wine offered here is, most of the time, of a higher quality than a $10 or $12 bottle of wine. In this case, the savings, before winery shipping, is about 50%. That is a screaming deal (for this wine). If you like the cheaper stuff, more power to you!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

I like the new Labrat graphic, guys, but isn't it rather on the large side for the menu it's used in?

How about a smaller version?

celicarocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celicarocks
kylemittskus wrote:This is not the same quality of Sterling Vineyards. If that is the wine you drink, GREAT!!! The wine offered here is, most of the time, of a higher quality than a $10 or $12 bottle of wine. In this case, the savings, before winery shipping, is about 50%. That is a screaming deal (for this wine). If you like the cheaper stuff, more power to you!

cheaper stuff? you never heard of Sterling? They are all over Fine Living Network! One of the top Vineyards in Napa Valley. Their website kicks Salvestrin in the groin. When I google Salvestrin all I get is a offer at dealsucker.com to buy the wine at 23 dollars a bottle. I have never heard of this stuff. im not picking on this wine, I just don't see any deals here, ever! I know wine and I never heard of this stuff. period.

i got Swagger

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
celicarocks wrote:cheaper stuff? you never heard of Sterling? They are all over Fine Living Network! One of the top Vineyards in Napa Valley. Their website kicks Salvestrin in the groin. When I google Salvestrin all I get is a offer at dealsucker.com to buy the wine at 23 dollars a bottle. I have never heard of this stuff. im not picking on this wine, I just don't see any deals here, ever! I know wine and I never heard of this stuff. period.

Then why are you here ranting away?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

kylemittskus

celicarocks wrote:cheaper stuff? you never heard of Sterling? They are all over Fine Living Network! One of the top Vineyards in Napa Valley. Their website kicks Salvestrin in the groin. When I google Salvestrin all I get is a offer at dealsucker.com to buy the wine at 23 dollars a bottle. I have never heard of this stuff. im not picking on this wine, I just don't see any deals here, ever! I know wine and I never heard of this stuff. period.

I have heard of Sterling and I did not suggest I hadn't. I merely said that this wine is probably of better quality. Sterling is not one of the top vineyards of Napa based on quality, although it is probably one of the largest producers. A wine's availability is not synonymous with its quality. Nor is its website. And yes, Sterling is cheaper at about $20 a bottle. This wine is about $60. That is the definition of the colloquial word "cheaper." And, if you would like to see the website, it is: HERE .

fairnymph wrote:So, why are you here then ranting away?

Rant seems a bit tame. Can we call it a diatribe? A tirade? A harangue?

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Not surprising you haven't heard of them. There are over 700 wineries in Napa Valley, alone. It'd take a lifetime before you could become conversationally familiar with most, I'd guess...

You've been around since 2006, and used a third of your total posts to dog on one offer? Seems like you're a bit too far into the special silverware, iykwim.

The few offers that HAVE been available in Sam's or Costco (et al) have been fantastic values, even compared to those retailers. Especially when shipping is taken into consideration - last year, literally, being cheaper for me to order from here than drive to my local Costco and burn the gas.

But, imho you've totally missed the point. If you're looking for a better deal on wine you usually drink, then you're prolly not going to have a very high rate of participation here. If you're looking for a good deal on wine (in price, quality, availability, shipping, and sheer knowledge), then it's easy to get sucked in. Big time. It's up to you.

Regardless, a link to this bottle for $23 would be appreciated.

rpm

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rpm
MaskedMarvel wrote:Not surprising you haven't heard of them. There are over 700 wineries in Napa Valley, alone. It'd take a lifetime before you could become conversationally familiar with most, I'd guess...

You've been around since 2006, and used a third of your total posts to dog on one offer? Seems like you're a bit too far into the special silverware, iykwim.

The few offers that HAVE been available in Sam's or Costco (et al) have been fantastic values, even compared to those retailers. Especially when shipping is taken into consideration - last year, literally, being cheaper for me to order from here than drive to my local Costco and burn the gas.

But, imho you've totally missed the point. If you're looking for a better deal on wine you usually drink, then you're prolly not going to have a very high rate of participation here. If you're looking for a good deal on wine (in price, quality, availability, shipping, and sheer knowledge), then it's easy to get sucked in. Big time. It's up to you.

Nicely done.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

UMA2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UMA2006
MaskedMarvel wrote:

What celicarocks may have been referring to is a deal that posted on Winestilsoldout.com last week for the 2004 Salvestrin Estate Cab for 21.99. That must have been a screamin' deal.

rpm

UMA2006 wrote:What celicarocks may have been referring to is a deal that posted on Winestilsoldout.com last week for the 2004 Salvestrin Estate Cab for 21.99. That must have been a screamin' deal.

Interesting. I wonder if celicarocks works for that other site and is trying to promote it here....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rpm wrote:Interesting. I wonder if celicarocks works for that other site and is trying to promote it here....

wouldn't be the first time.

jonstrib

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jonstrib
RichSalvestrin wrote:We are aiming for a balance of both drinkability and ageability.

Now that we have our grapes in our bottle we can see what effect our cultural practices play in wine quality. So our farming practices have become more focused on flavor development over the years. You're right again on the decades, it takes a long time to see the real results.

rich, meg and/or shannon,

thanks for the active participation in providing both technical notes and related information like food pairings. based on some of the reports, it seems preferable to let this wine decant a bit. any suggestions as to an advisable time range to allow the wine to sit a bit so the balance you discuss comes through and the components become integrated? do you suggest decanting for all reds?

the earlier discussion focused on ph/alcohol-brix/ta: are you striving to be within a certain range to acheive the balance you're looking for? what is optimal for CS in your view or does it vary from vintage to vintage?

LaMische

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaMische

And if you prefer white wines, you should try Salvestrin Winery's Sauvignon Blanc from LeBlanc Vineyard - IF you can get your hands on it!

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05
MegFromSalvestrin wrote:Glad to hear it!

This year I made Rich and Shannon a few special concoctions..blueberrycello, craisincello, and my favorite...2008 Salvestrin Cabercello! I basically just added a large amount of vodka to the leftover Cab skins and let it infuse for a couple of weeks. Maybe this year I'll make Petite Sirahcello and Sangiocello, too.

Just another perk of hanging around the winery during Harvest...

Forget a friend request... are you single?

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

dayoff53

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dayoff53
UMA2006 wrote:What celicarocks may have been referring to is a deal that posted on Winestilsoldout.com last week for the 2004 Salvestrin Estate Cab for 21.99. That must have been a screamin' deal.

That would have been a great deal! My local purveyor of spiritus fermenti, in whom I have a great deal of confidence, has the 2004 Salvestrin Estate Cab for $36, but says 2005 was a better year for Napa cabs. He seems to think this Woot is a good deal.

DayOff53
my cellar

rpm

dayoff53 wrote:That would have been a great deal! My local purveyor of the spirit of the grape, in whom I have a great deal of confidence, has the 2004 Salvestrin Estate Cab for $36, but says 2005 was a better year for Napa cabs. He seems to think this Woot is a good deal.

2004 was very good, 2005 is potentially great for Napa Cabernet.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

UMA2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UMA2006

I purchased the 2005 Titus Cab on Woot a few months back and popped one open about a month ago. It seemed pretty tight and not extremely fruity. I have been leaning toward PN recently and I am wondering if my observations of the Titus were just a Cab to PN comparison, or if it was the style of the Titus, or if the Titus was still young.

I am on the fence for this $30 Cab based on the 2005 Titus. Any comments on how this Salvestrin may compare to the Titus based on all of the stats that the wine geeks among us understand?

Thanks.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
celicarocks wrote:cheaper stuff? you never heard of Sterling? They are all over Fine Living Network!

Something smells like troll.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05
rpm wrote:2004 was very good, 2005 is potentially great for Napa Cabernet.

And as you've said... only time will tell, but the numbers and initial rat feedback on THIS wine suggest it's a drink sooner rather than later play. Still a great deal (top 10 according to J-Dub) if that's what someone is looking for.

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

rpm

spdrcr05 wrote:And as you've said... only time will tell, but the numbers and initial rat feedback on THIS wine suggest it's a drink sooner rather than later play. Still a great deal (top 10 according to J-Dub) if that's what someone is looking for.

That's my impression as well, though the winemaker believes the wine will age through 10+. We'll see.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
MaskedMarvel wrote:...You've been around since 2006, and used a third of your total posts to dog on one offer?

I wondered the same myself. I'm always amazed to see commentary like that from someone who doesn't even have a single Woot.

MaskedMarvel wrote:...But, imho you've totally missed the point. If you're looking for a better deal on wine you usually drink, then you're prolly not going to have a very high rate of participation here. If you're looking for a good deal on wine (in price, quality, availability, shipping, and sheer knowledge), then it's easy to get sucked in. Big time. It's up to you.

Woot and Cellar Tracker are two of the best ways there are to preview a wine that seems interesting. It isn't just about the deal, it's about the introduction. Labrats are just one of the excellent ways that we can know whether a wine might be right for us, or to pass and wait until the next one.

There's educational stuff from folk like Scott Harvey (the recent blog on acidity in wine, entitled "You picked a fine wine to leave me, Lucille" was perfect), and I've probably learned more about wine here, reading reviews of various types, than I have any where.

MaskedMarvel wrote:Regardless, a link to this bottle for $23 would be appreciated.

Not going to happen (as you know). 2005 in Napa Valley was a stellar year for wine, and I'm currently holding a fine 2005 Wellington Port that I mean to open around 2015 or so.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

gcdyersb

UMA2006 wrote:I am on the fence for this $30 Cab based on the 2005 Titus. Any comments on how this Salvestrin may compare to the Titus based on all of the stats that the wine geeks among us understand?

I think the Titus had similar pH and ABV, around 3.9 and 15%, IIRC. I did not try the Titus, but usually those numbers translate to being a big wine that drinks well young. The Salvestrin rats seem to suggest that's the sort of wine on offer currently.

RichSalvestrin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages RichSalvestrin
jonstrib wrote:rich, meg and/or shannon,

thanks for the active participation in providing both technical notes and related information like food pairings. based on some of the reports, it seems preferable to let this wine decant a bit. any suggestions as to an advisable time range to allow the wine to sit a bit so the balance you discuss comes through and the components become integrated? do you suggest decanting for all reds?

the earlier discussion focused on ph/alcohol-brix/ta: are you striving to be within a certain range to acheive the balance you're looking for? what is optimal for CS in your view or does it vary from vintage to vintage?

I think decanting 30 minutes before consumption works well. In general I would say most cabs will benefit from decanting at least for a short amount of time.

There are many variables when it comes to ripeness of fruit and I would say we are not only looking at numbers. What I target is flavor development in the fruit at the lowest brix possible.

jonstrib

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jonstrib
gcdyersb wrote:I think the Titus had similar pH and ABV, around 3.9 and 15%, IIRC. I did not try the Titus, but usually those numbers translate to being a big wine that drinks well young. The Salvestrin rats seem to suggest that's the sort of wine on offer currently.

in quickly reviewing some of my woot CS purchases to compare them with the Salverstrin offering, the Titus was also fairly heavily blended (79% CS with fair amounts of PV and Malbec). the CS offerings i've purchased from woot (Corrision, Saddleback, Robert Craig, Titus, Helix, Wellington, L&L, Dry Creek, Block 13, Calistoga-for which i was a labrat, etc.) have represented a real mix when it comes to blending and barrels but i'm not sure how significant the ph/ta levels really differ.

lots of good insights from the wineries and wooters, but when adding the numbers to the AVA, style/winemaking, etc., i wonder if there is a consistent profile? i've been hanging onto most of the CS' purchased through woot (although i enjoyed the Calistoga and Helix to the Laura Z).

perhaps i should start trying some of these wines sooner rather than later...?!

gcdyersb

rpm wrote:That's my impression as well, though the winemaker believes the wine will age through 10+. We'll see.

I wonder to some extent how important lasting 10+ years is in the context of most wines. I don't yet have much experience with older wines, though I'm running a few longer term 'experiments' to see what happens. Since I have both budgetary and space constraints, I am very selective in looking for wines with the acidity and phenolic stuffing to develop secondary and tertiary qualities yet maintain some fruit over time, particularly at higher price points. Anything over $30 I'd want to hold on to for 3 if not 5 or 10 years.

Although I still prefer a good acidic backbone even in young wines (especially so in the more powerful sorts that lack elegance), the market as a whole wants to drink wines young with lots of fruit and bigness, yet very soft overall. The people paying a premium for these blockbusters are likely going to drink them with a year or two anyway. The potential to develop would be important for me, but amplitude, not dynamic range, has a broader appeal.

vinokeeno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vinokeeno
shrdlu wrote:...and Cellar Tracker are two of the best ways there are to preview a wine that seems interesting.

I find the CT scores to be fairly useless. IMO they tend to be sandbagged by 5-8 points across the board. I have seen the same user rate the same bottle 94 pts one day and then 85 a few months later.

My Cellar - "This wine is too good for toast-drinking, my dear. You don't want to mix emotions up with a wine like that. You lose the taste." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

rpm

vinokeeno wrote:I find the CT scores to be fairly useless. IMO they tend to be sandbagged by 5-8 points across the board. I have seen the same user rate the same bottle 94 pts one day and then 85 a few months later.

correction: I find the CT scores to be [strike]fairly[/strike] useless.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

gcdyersb

vinokeeno wrote:I find the CT scores to be fairly useless. IMO they tend to be sandbagged by 5-8 points across the board. I have seen the same user rate the same bottle 94 pts one day and then 85 a few months later.

While the scores are junk, I think the descriptions are pretty useful when you can find a user who actually writes something intelligent. There are a few users, though, whose scores are self-consistent, so you can compare their scores across multiple wines.

The real trouble is when a widely distributed wine gets a high magazine rating. Scores cluster around the magazine score, plus lots of point chaser/bandwagoners jump in. The point chasers don't have their own palates, so anything they write is junk (though that usually is clear because they only write half a sentence).

annsalisbury

quality posts: 4 Private Messages annsalisbury
rpm wrote:Your idea has merit, but it's not so simple as that: it would mean farming a bit differently on some blocks - irrigating less, for example, maybe different cropping, leafing, etc. - and you'd have to decide in advance which blocks to do that with and which to harvest earlier (to get the lower sugar levels). If I were the winemaker, I'd think long and hard before I would consider segregating the blocks ahead of time. It might even (ultimately) involve different rootstock and different clones. SB or RichSalvestrin could certainly say a lot more about it than I can. I'd love to see people try it, but it would be quite an investment in time and money, with an uncertain outcome for the winery.

Thank you for explaining the changes that need to be made before harvest. I certainly didn't mean to suggest tearing out any vines. I'll theorize with OPM, but I do have a limit. The other modifications you noted - irrigating less, different cropping, leafing, etc. - didn't strike me as that onerous. Then again, that thought may be (or, rather, likely is) the ignorance of a girl who never farmed more than some strawberries in her backyard.

Rich - thanks also for your very diplomatic response.

CTmasterblender

quality posts: 16 Private Messages CTmasterblender
rpm wrote:Interesting. I wonder if celicarocks works for that other site and is trying to promote it here....

Nice call, he hasn't been back.

MegFromSalvestrin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MegFromSalvestrin

I know we have a couple of hours left together (sad) but I wanted to make sure y'all have a way to reach us in case you ever wanted to....questions, comments, visits to Napa Valley...we'd love to hear from you.

707-963-5105
megan@salvestrinwinery.com
397 Main St
St Helena, Ca 94574

kylemittskus

CTmasterblender wrote:Nice call, he hasn't been back.

Although he didn't mention another site. Maybe he works for Sam.

druid779

quality posts: 3 Private Messages druid779

I apologize for the lateness of my report, but I just got back from a late lunch / early dinner with my friend. So here are my conclusions:

All indications being that this was going to be a strong, full bodied Napa cab, I ordered filet mignon, medium rare, to ensure optimal pairing. Inspecting the first glass against the light showed the liquid to be a clear, yet dark, red. Agitation revealed strong legs and released an aroma of berries and heat.

Expecting the tannins the be dominant, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the mouthfeel was smooth and that the wine was well balanced, though a shade of astringency was perceptible in the finish (though those with more mature palates will likely find this a positive quality).

Progressing through the glass, the flavor of berries became dominant. We were able to parse blueberry, blackberry and cherry from among the mélange of flavors. While I felt blueberry to be dominant, my friend quibbled that cherry was the more prevalent flavor. Over the course of our dinner I pinpointed chocolate notes developing on the finish (perhaps the consequence of aging in oak?) though my friend argued tobacco (or possibly truffle) to be the more evident flavor.

In terms of the potential for this wine to improve with cellaring, I would say that it is possible for more fruit to emerge as this wine ages, though my personal feeling is that the wine is ready to be consumed now. RPM brings up an excellent point in noting that the fruit may well not blossom with age, and though the potential for improvement over time exists, we were quite satisfied with the wine’s present balance (though, admittedly, I am a sucker for berry).

Any sense of an imposing astringency faded with the second glass and the wine began to hint at potential complexities that would reward those diligent and perceptive enough to parse them out (I still think the finish hints at chocolate, though my friend and I remain in disagreement).

Over the two hour course of our dinner, the wine, with consumption and aeration, feels as if it is moving closer to harmony. Though the tannins are firm, I reiterate that they do not dominate the wine (to my mind) and that there is a pleasant mixture of flavors and sensations that yet paired well with my medium rare filet.

I am thrilled to have two more bottles on the way and can say, decidedly, that this wine constitutes a very pleasant drinking experience that would likely pair well even with a lighter meal than the traditional red meat / cabernet pairing.

For those of you on the fence, I found this wine very rewarding and enjoyable, though it is important to note that my palate is not nearly as mature as those of the more experienced Wooters. Given its price, I am regretting not having ordered more and though I am not qualified to throw around any numbers, I can easily give this wine a strong recommendation.

Thank you all, and sorry again for the tardiness of this report!

MegFromSalvestrin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MegFromSalvestrin
spdrcr05 wrote:Forget a friend request... are you single?

Oh, my first virtual crush! Woot really does bring people together!

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

In for two.

I figure that's two bottles for special occasions in the next year or so, one for 2014, and one for ... 2019?

As always, the winery participation and the positive quality rattitude sealed the deal.

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")