Crese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crese

Bah, You're fools.

Eat Wisconsin cheese to truly understand.

Long live the Sconsin.

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
timwelsh wrote:Hey it is a small world! Maybe you could chime in about the quality of the coffee that goes into Barely Buzzed since you know the roaster/owner of Colorado Legacy Coffee Co. It is like a double artisan brother cheese

I try not to tell too many people about the quality of coffee that your brother roasts....If too many people find out how good it is, then maybe, just maybe there won't be enough left for me....I bought some for relatives when they visited Colorado, and now I (for last 3 years) have been shipping coffee back to Iowa, Indiana, & NJ. since they want to drink nothing else, Of course it comes in handy, when I want them to do something for me (blackmail can be a family thing).

Anyway, two brothers, running two very different business, putting out two great products, plus now combining those products, into this cheese, amazing, simply amazing.

WWA

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

CheeseWootaholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CheeseWootaholic

What can I say...except

Speed to First Woot: 0m 7.983s
First Sucker: MaskedMarvel
Last Wooter To Woot: CheeseWootaholic

wwa aka cwa

Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, 3 Sisters Artisan,BeeHive

BarbMpls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BarbMpls

I read through this thread looking to see if there was any reason NOT to buy this. I didn't find any, so...

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.983s
Last wooter to woot: BarbMpls

Barbara Bruneau

joekerjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joekerjr
Crese wrote:Bah, You're fools.

Long live the Sconsin.

Yes, long live Cheese Heads. But not the narrow minded ones not up for a little artisan cheese adventure. Ask the Chicago gathering people. I bring Wisconsin cheese down there (I think that's legal) and there's a fantastic gal down there that works at an artisan cheese, bread & wine store called Pastoral. Each cheese brings something different to the party. All of a sudden I'm craving some sheep's milk cheese she brought. I'm a staunch defender of the 10 year Wisconsin cheddar, and an absolute lover of the stuff she brings as well. She really knows her stuff. I wonder if she'll speak up here? I'm sure it would be a quality post.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

Realizing that I'll be gone from March 26th to April 1st, when do you expect this to ship?

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Here's hoping this cheese is the bees' knees!

Beehive Cheese Duo
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.983s
Last wooter to woot: LoonBoarder

Dude... wait, what?

sspowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sspowers

Spring Break is soon upon us....when is it going to ship??????

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

timwelsh wrote:Very Subtle lavender... See Janet Fletcher review

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/06/FDUK15IPMP.DTL

Actually it was the thought of ground coffee rubbed on cheese that had me a bit skeptical at first but the rats and SFGate article helped to dissipate any concerns I may have had. It's always fun to experience something outside the norm and these appear to match that criteria. IMO

Curious if you've ever considered crafting the Barely Buzzed in a Morbier style?

timwelsh

quality posts: 22 Private Messages timwelsh
alien88 wrote:Realizing that I'll be gone from March 26th to April 1st, when do you expect this to ship?

We'll start shipping the 2-3 day ground shipments on Tuesday 3/24.

We'll ship to the warmer areas of the country, FL, TX, AZ etc... 2 day starting Tuesday 3/24 as well using 2 day shipping

Some ground shipments to the colder states on the East coast will ship Monday 3/30

All of this in an effort to keep your shipping costs to a minimum and the package price as low as we could.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
timwelsh wrote:We'll start shipping the 2-3 day ground shipments on Tuesday 3/24.

We'll ship to the warmer areas of the country, FL, TX, AZ etc... 2 day starting Tuesday 3/24 as well using 2 day shipping

Some ground shipments to the colder states on the East coast will ship Monday 3/30

All of this in an effort to keep your shipping costs to a minimum and the package price as low as we could.

Cool, thanks for the answer. I'll just let my roommate know that it'll be coming and to be aware so he doesn't forget about it.

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

lahargis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lahargis

I am in on this one. If anything, this will be a new tasting experience for me and with the awards, how can it be a bad thing?

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002

Well, we'll see if they last long enough for me to finish them (*very* hesitant about buying so much cheese at once), but I just couldn't resist! In for 1.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
Crese wrote:Bah, You're fools.

Long live the Sconsin.

I agree that there are plenty of good, no great, WI cheeses. They just have not quite made it to wine.woot, yet. Until then, I'll keep enjoying all of these fabulous cheeses that I'd never have been able to try otherwise.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

newcher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newcher1

I'm a novice at cheeses so am wondering...how long will this keep and how? I have a party coming up, but not for a month or so.

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
newcher1 wrote:
I'm a novice at cheeses so am wondering...how long will this keep and how? I have a party coming up, but not for a month or so.

From earlier in the discussion -

The cheeses will arrive vacuum packaged and hey that is what we have been doing all night for you. When you are ready to serve, take the cheese from the ice box and let it come to room temp for an hour or two, open the package and enjoy.

Once you open the package, you should plan on eating it within several days to a week, each time re-packaging to keep the oxygen away from the exposed or cut surface.

Or keep the cheese in the original vacuum package and age it out for another 6 months. If the package puffs during this time, it's OK. That is CO2 forming as the cheese ages. The colder the aging temp, the slower the flavor development and CO2 production. Do not age for more that a month above 44 degrees and never age above 56 degrees with this cheese. You can hang on to it for 6 months between 38 and 42 degrees.

newcher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newcher1
yumitori wrote:

Great! Thanks!

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion

After reading all of the comments i'm in for 1.

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

ETrain1158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ETrain1158

We tried the Beehive cheese that was sent along with the K Vintners Syrah, and like them both quite a bit. My Wife ad I particularly liked the Seahive. Very creamy and flavorful, excellent quality.

The Barely Buzzed was similar to Seahive except for the espresso/lavender on the edge. The flavor of the espresso/lavender is subtle and does not overpower. Very cool, nice flavor, but for me more of a "that's interesting" type of cheese as opposed to a "Oh man, you ate the last of it?" type of cheese.

domino1241

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domino1241

Wait, wine.woot sells things that aren't wine, now? When did this start?

sciara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sciara

Ok. After reading the posts I am in for two. I LOVE CHEESE! 1 for now to try both. One for a special occasion, maybe a wine tasting event at my house with friends. I will be having with one of the Roessler Red Label Pinots I bought. My mouth is watering. Ship cheese to Missouri ASAP!

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
domino1241 wrote:Wait, wine.woot sells things that aren't wine, now? When did this start?

November 1, 2007. Not very often.

ETrain1158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ETrain1158
BillThePoet wrote:The word "lavender" in the description has me spooked. The Purple Haze lavender goat cheese offering a few months ago was a divisive cheese in our little group. (Political discussion was tame in comparison that evening.) 3 loved it, and 2 really, really disliked it. We still call that little get together our "bath bead cheese party."

Can our labrats please add a comment or two on the lavender flavors?

For me the lavender aspect of the cheese was very subtle. The coffee element was much more noticeable to me. Overall, the cheese was interesting, and very similar to the "Seahive". If you prefer it without the espresso/lavender, you could easily trim it off. It is not mixed throughout the cheese.

Hope that helps

bradfordt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradfordt

enough watching - in for 1!

woodinwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodinwooter

Personally, I am getting a little tired of the cheese....

teeje

quality posts: 3 Private Messages teeje

Reminds me of the old joke:

What kind of bees give milk?

Beau Bees. (phonetic)

[:P]

~~~~~
First Blue Öyster Cult 2/1/2007
2-many Woots I've forgotten how many.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
woodinwooter wrote:Personally, I am getting a little tired of the cheese....

This is the first cheese they've offered since you joined! Patience grasshopper- you will get something new at midnight CDT.

In the mean time- how about a nice decanter?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Dear WD:

Sincerely,
The addicted people of this community.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:Dear WD:

Sincerely,
The addicted people of this community.

So you like the image I created, eh? You should receive the usage bill in a little bit. You can pay it in installments ......

WD is probably gloating in front of his TV, while watching March Madness .... Maybe during halftime or a game break, WineFarm can remind him of his minons anxiously awaiting .....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sciara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sciara
woodinwooter wrote:Personally, I am getting a little tired of the cheese....

Don't worry at midnight WD will cut the cheese!

woodinwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodinwooter
mother wrote:This is the first cheese they've offered since you joined! Patience grasshopper- you will get something new at midnight CDT.

In the mean time- how about a nice decanter?

Grasshopper says: Will try to be patient..but one can not live on cheese alone!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:

WD is probably gloating in front of his TV, while watching March Madness .... Maybe during halftime or a game break, WineFarm can remind him of his minons anxiously awaiting .....

Clue? This mid major, despite making noise in recent NCAA's, is not in the tournament.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
Winedavid39 wrote:Clue? This mid major, despite making noise in recent NCAA's, is not in the tournament.

Hmmm...the Creighton BLUEJAYS?
Could be this wine

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:Clue? This mid major, despite making noise in recent NCAA's, is not in the tournament.

Weber State is one I remember. Wildcats.

MacRostie Winery was on a while back. Maybe they will be tonight? Tie-in from " MacRostie's acclaimed Wildcat Mountain Vineyard".

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

In other words, they were in recent NCAA tourney's (2008, 2007, maybe 2006), but are not in the current one (and probably weren't even invited to the dance.

If there were a George Mason winery, this clue would be a perfect fit.

Think of another University that made a showing in recent past tourneys but isn't in this one.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
MarkDaSpark wrote:Weber State is one I remember. Wildcats.

MacRostie Winery was on a while back. Maybe they will be tonight? Tie-in from " MacRostie's acclaimed Wildcat Mountain Vineyard".

There is a Weber Wine Company in Calabasas, but they seem to be boutique and limited distribution.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Davidson. Also the wildcats. But I can't find a winery that ties to it.

MarkDaSpark

Also, UNLV has been in past tournaments, and done well in one or two, and is missing this year.

At one point, Trinchero Winery and Three Thieves formed Rebel Wine Co..

But I can't find anything about them, other than "The Show" Cab Sauv. and possibly "Newman's Own" CS and Chard.

There's also the Rebel Wine Society which is supposed to highlight wineries with UNLV ties. They currently have Ehlers Estate Winery.

grate88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grate88

How about the "Lost River Winery" in WINTHROP Washington?
http://www.lostriverwinery.com/

MarkDaSpark

iByron wrote:In other words, they were in recent NCAA tourney's (2008, 2007, maybe 2006), but are not in the current one (and probably weren't even invited to the dance.

If there were a George Mason winery, this clue would be a perfect fit.

Think of another University that made a showing in recent past tourneys but isn't in this one.

iByron

Aha!

George Mason are the Patriots.

Grace Patriot Wines is in CA, but ancestors are from the Virginia area. AND ... the winemaker went to Fresno State.