+ Add a Comment

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

Just bring your favorate libation, something to snack on, and of course yourself. and get ready to hang out with some of your closest wine.woot buddies!

When: Friday, February 27th, 2009
Time: 7:00 p.m. Central Time
Where: Right here on this most awesome thread!

Formal attire not required.

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Hi Judy,

This sounds like it will be so much fun. I bet you'll have a great turnout.

How about also listing the date, time, etc. in your post?

I don't belong to any of the online groups, so not able to send invites. I bet some others here would be willing to post in this thread to keep it near the top of the list.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

I've linked this thread into the semi-weekly PSA. See you on Friday evening!

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

I won't be in here, I'll be working, but I'll try and send a message in from my cellio at the appropriate time.

Happy Anniv w.w00t!

EDIT - I'll actually try and send a pic of my w.w sticker at the appointed hour. Anyone with me? I have one on my car, and one on my wine cellar. The car one is the one I'll send...

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous

wouldn't miss it for the world - will be joining a couple of hours into it, but sure 'twill be hoppin' no matter the time.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

JudyL1118

Sparky did such a great job with this! I have to post it here - just to make sure he gets the compliments he's due:

Join us for the Wine.Woot Anniversary Tasting Party!

Date: Friday, February 27th

When: 7:00 pm Central Time

Where: Anniversary Forum (Click on Anniversary Forum to go to thread)

Attire: Informal

Just bring your favorate libation, something to snack on, and of course yourself. and get ready to hang out with some of your closest wine.woot buddies!

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

JudyL1118 wrote:

Any suggestions for a 'group tasting' of something like Monkey Prize or Humbug? Maybe a Wellington or Ty Caton?

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

JudyL1118

Corrado wrote:Any suggestions for a 'group tasting' of something like Monkey Prize or Humbug? Maybe a Wellington or Ty Caton?

If I have any Ty left, that's what I'll be slurping! If not, I may just go into the room with the lights off, grab a bottle, and surprise myself. That could be fun.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
JudyL1118 wrote:If I have any Ty left, that's what I'll be slurping! If not, I may just go into the room with the lights off, grab a bottle, and surprise myself. That could be fun.

which TC? 2005 Field Blend? yumm!!!

do you know... what biodynamics is?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Corrado wrote:Any suggestions for a 'group tasting' of something like Monkey Prize or Humbug? Maybe a Wellington or Ty Caton?

I wanted to save my Humbug for a SoCal Woot gathering, in case someone here hasn't tasted it yet (like me).

Now Monkey Prize I haz many (since the last offering).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

yathink2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yathink2

I will be there too... this is gonna be fun

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

So many wonderful wines to choose among.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

**** ATTENTION CYBER PUB LOYALISTS ****

We think you are just about the coolest thing going.

so to commemorate the cyber pub anniversary we want to send you a little somthin' somthin'.

Under one condition: Keep this to yourselves. We want to reward those who come to this here PUB on their own volition. Not just to get a freebie. Cool? Savvy ?

deal only good until midnight tonight pacific.

Send us an email at:

woot@winecountryconnect.com

subject line: cyberpub

Be sure to include name, user name and address.

and we'll get something out to you in the mail (it's gonna take awhile).

VIVA CYBERPUB !!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

You rock, WD!

Thanks for the wines, the deals, and the cool place to hang out.

CT | | | | | |

JudyL1118

Showing up early (for me!) to keep the East Coasters company.

I have a huge dilemna!!! I just found out that I have no TY Caton left - and that just blows! However, I do have three bottles of the equally fab Wellington here that I've been saving for a special occasion. Tonight is absolutely the night to break into at least one of them, maybe two, depending on how long I stay up to keep all the party attendees going!

Here are my choices:

1. Wellington Vineyards 2002 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon

2. Wellington Vineyards 2003 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon (Mohrhardt Ridge Vineyard)

3.Wellington Vineyards 2003 Dry Creek Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Handal-Denier Vineyard)

Please rank them in order of drinking, remembering that my first bottle will be the one I remember (and need to decant ASAP!), if I get to a second - then it shouldn't be one of the really great ones because I doubt I'll remember it!

So, I could use input on Fave #1, and Fave #2 - so that I still have some left for the next special occasion.

I guess I'm going to take another peek at the main offering. Since I've been on Meds for so long, I haven't been worried about my inventory. Feel free to lecture me on the merits of Cellar Tracking. ahuhu

Welcome all!

WineDavid, you're the man!

jwhite6114

JudyL1118 wrote:Here are my choices:

1. Wellington Vineyards 2002 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon

2. Wellington Vineyards 2003 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon (Mohrhardt Ridge Vineyard)

3.Wellington Vineyards 2003 Dry Creek Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Handal-Denier Vineyard

I can't speak for the Morhardt Ridge, yet, but the Handal-Denier is really (really really) good. And of course the Somonma County is always good.

I'd recommend one of the vineyard-specific bottles for #1, and something other than Wellington for #2.

CT | | | | | |

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
jwhite6114 wrote:I can't speak for the Morhardt Ridge, yet, but the Handal-Denier is really (really really) good. And of course the Somonma County is always good.

I'd recommend one of the vineyard-specific bottles for #1, and something other than Wellington for #2.

I'm in there with JW. Handal-Denier.

Now, I'm having either Humbug or sparklies. I need takeout food! If it's sparklies, I'll call in a sushi order. If it's Humbug, I've got most of the "usual suspects" available for take-out.

Feed me!

yathink2

I dont have any of those Wellingtons, or I would join you in that. I will Be drinking TC Field Blend.

Guess I need to pop that baby open to get ready for the pub.

See you all in a few...

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

WD Thanks! As for me, I will be in and out tonight as I'm working. Ok so I'm having iced tea.

akatora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akatora

Hi everyone, long time no post. It's been a bummer cause NJ has been outcast for the longest time. I've been ordering thru my stepson (a UPS driver in NYC).

I agree with the Handal-Denier.
As for me I'll be sipping some Wellington port...the 2004.

Antoinette

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
jwhite6114 wrote:You rock, WD!

Thanks for the wines, the deals, and the cool place to hang out.

What he said only much more eloquently and with more feeling.

As for the rest of the pubists...or pubbists...or whatever the hell we all are...sorry I won't be around to partake with you all. I'll be off scoring free food with my parents, sisters, and nieces and nephews. But I'll still be drinking and thinking of youse guys...sober is no way to deal with my family.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

akatora

Judy I accidently "de-friended" you on facebook, sorry about that. Look for a friend request ahuhu.

Antoinette

jwhite6114

I am finishing a bottle of Chateau St. Michelle 2002 Columbia Valley Merlot. MUCH better than the Boomtown Merlot I opened Wednesday night (did not like). Not as tasty as a Ty Caton, but still good (better on night two).

CT | | | | | |

JudyL1118

jwhite6114 wrote:I can't speak for the Morhardt Ridge, yet, but the Handal-Denier is really (really really) good. And of course the Somonma County is always good.

It's going to have to be a Wellington for #2! This is a special night - I just don't want #2 to be the best of the three. I'm decanting the Handal-Denier now.

Help! We don't want to "slight" Wellington, but I need to know...which of the other two should I save for my next special occasion after tonight? I had to go buy the Corison - I had no idea my reds were nearly gone. I do have several Rock Bottom Cabs, but no one seems to have thought too highly of them.

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia

Hey boys and girls! Long time no hang out.

Steve Jones

jwhite6114

akatora wrote:Judy I accidently "de-friended" you on facebook, sorry about that. Look for a friend request ahuhu.

Antoinette

Did you at least get a Whopper for it?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

JudyL1118 wrote:It's going to have to be a Wellington for #2! This is a special night - I just don't want #2 to be the best of the three. I'm decanting the Handal-Denier now.

Help! We don't want to "slight" Wellington, but I need to know...which of the other two should I save for my next special occasion after tonight? I had to go buy the Corison - I had no idea my reds were nearly gone. I do have several Rock Bottom Cabs, but no one seems to have thought too highly of them.

The vineyard-specific bottles ought to be the best (depending on your palate, of course).

CT | | | | | |

akatora

jwhite6114 wrote:Did you at least get a Whopper for it?

Haha noooo.

javadrinker

subinsignia wrote:Hey boys and girls! Long time no hang out.

Mr. Sub!!! Long time indeed. We still need to get you to wine & dinner next time you're out on the Left coast again.

subinsignia

I can't decide what to open. My wife is doing homework (computer class and she hates it) and I can't talk to her right now.

Steve Jones

subinsignia

javadrinker wrote:Mr. Sub!!! Long time indeed. We still need to get you to wine & dinner next time you're out on the Left coast again.

Yes! Travel now is limted. My projects are done and we are looking for work and reorged and saving money and I sit here looking about instead of coming out left.

Steve Jones

subinsignia

I am vacationing March 8-12 in CA.

Steve Jones

javadrinker

subinsignia wrote:I am vacationing March 8-12 in CA.

Cool...what parts? I've actually been traveling a lot lately. Flying up to Sacramento every Monday night and flying home every Thursday night. Except last week when I stayed up North for Dark & Delicious with some of the other wooters. Good times baby. And damn good wines.

JudyL1118

javadrinker wrote:What he said only much more eloquently and with more feeling.

As for the rest of the pubists...or pubbists...or whatever the hell we all are...sorry I won't be around to partake with you all. I'll be off scoring free food with my parents, sisters, and nieces and nephews. But I'll still be drinking and thinking of youse guys...sober is no way to deal with my family.

And you don't have a laptop, my friend? Or are you leaving a coverage area?

I've got great surprises in store for tonight. Many of our old, and rarely seen, pubbers will be joining us! You've got to check in every hour or so.

And, as I've said - I plan to be up all night! My husband is muttering about my "cult" friends again. If only he were a wine man.....I'm multi-alcoholical (new word!), I can drink it all!

akatora

"Judy is now friends with Antoinette...."

Thx

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I'm finishing up my One Last Kiss red, and then I think I'm going to pop a Monkey Prize, since I haven't had it yet

Had some chili with the OLK, planning on munching some yummy Amano with the MP.

...does it need to be decanted?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

donbon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donbon

Mind is I drop in? I couldn't miss reunion night =)

I popped open a bottle of Highway 12, serres ranch 2004 blend... Time has done well in balancing out the heat I remember a few years ago.

Anyway -- Hi to all!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
JudyL1118 wrote:And, as I've said - I plan to be up all night! My husband is muttering about my "cult" friends again. If only he were a wine man.....I'm multi-alcoholical (new word!), I can drink it all!

It's not a cult Tonight's gonna be great!!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

yathink2

JudyL1118 wrote:And you don't have a laptop, my friend? Or are you leaving a coverage area?

I've got great surprises in store for tonight. Many of our old, and rarely seen, pubbers will be joining us! You've got to check in every hour or so.

And, as I've said - I plan to be up all night! My husband is muttering about my "cult" friends again. If only he were a wine man.....I'm multi-alcoholical (new word!), I can drink it all!

I hear you on that I am a wine & beer gal. But, thankfully so is my bf, so it works well for us... multi-alcoholical I like that

keirgordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keirgordon

I'm feeling the Corison Kronos vibe. I promised I'd keep them in the cellar, but I've got 3...