bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Oh (Bowtie) as an update on the Iguana problem, well, it's no longer a problem. Turns out that the maintenance guy we recently hired at the Condo, real nice dude from Haiti, actually LIKES to eat them.... ugh!! But hey, two birds one stone kinda thing...he gets fed and I can stop pelting them with my slingshot!

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bkarney wrote:ha ha, good question!

So I hope that everyone had safe and happy New Year celebrations and that no one (else) had run-ins with the boys in blue!

kkv, I hope that your finger(s) heal up nicely, those blades are wicked sharp. I nearly lopped off part of my finger this past weekend as I was trying to chop an onion.....I couldn't see because of all the tears so was basically doing it blindfolded. Note to self: Rinse eyes with water THEN resume chopping *smacks head - genius*

I will try my best to keep up with you guys in the Pub this week, but with all the posting sprees and this damn chain connecting me to my desk at work I've been having trouble keeping up. Accordingly, did I miss anything other than the usual banter?

I'm guessing you did, inhales sharply and creates suction. At least they didn't catch you with coke ;)

My only real run in with them on new years was 1999 and I was so pissed to be where I was with my then girlfriend I didn't even drink but I got to drive her sloppy friends and their friends home. Tramp decides she has to puke so I pull over and as she's puking out of my car a cop turns the corner, I glare at the then GF and say just hand me my fragging registration. The cop was funny though, he looked at the puker tramp and said "Who the frag eats vegetable soup and then goes drinking?" Then he bitched me out and said next time get into a parking lot and not to use the street. I told him the Zippy, the laziest elf of it was I didnt' even know the bitches name I was just taking her home cause she's a friend of a friend's friend and was in NO shape to stand much less drive. That GF didnt' last much longer after that night.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

bkarney wrote:Oh (Bowtie) as an update on the Iguana problem, well, it's no longer a problem. Turns out that the maintenance guy we recently hired at the Condo, real nice dude from Haiti, actually LIKES to eat them.... ugh!! But hey, two birds one stone kinda thing...he gets fed and I can stop pelting them with my slingshot!

That's different and probably illegal, but talk about luck. Just incorporate that into your application next time you need someone. Sweet!

Edit: Now I want to try one, seriously

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

Cesare

quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
bhodilee wrote:That's different and probably illegal, but talk about luck. Just incorporate that into your application next time you need someone. Sweet!

Edit: Now I want to try one, seriously

Me too. I frequently look at animals and think... I wonder what that tastes like?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarney

bhodilee wrote:I'm guessing you did, inhales sharply and creates suction.

Yes and no, I did get flagged in the checkpoint, I did get a field sobriety test..... and then I proceeded to tell the cop, "See! I told you I wasn't drinking occifer" Of course the idiots set up the roadblock on the way to Downtown, not from! They could have caught me on the flip side! Still too close for comfort, just don't like all those flashing blue lights

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bkarney wrote:good call, I've also heard that chopping them while they are submerged in water helps.... but really, who the frag is going to try to chop something while it's sliding around in a bowl of water!? The problem with these lil buggers in particular is that they were pearl onions and I find that once their skins are removed they can be tricky little bastards! That and I wasn't looking, but let's blame it on the onion, yeah sure - damn you onion!

Oh nonono, cutting in water doesn't do anything. And it's awkward. You want cold onions

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:It's not uncommon to have 8-9 laundry baskets with clean laundry just hanging out in the basement because no one wants to undertake the massive chore of folding it all. I tackled that this week and now hope I will be able to go on a maintenance schedule of folding one basket a night. I think everyone in the house goes through 3 outfits a day except for me. Daily clothes, after work/school clothes, Pj's. I go from Daily clothes to Pj's

8-9 baskets? That's all? And it took you 4 days? Dude, I'd've been done in like an hour and a half.

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
Cesare wrote:Me too. I frequently look at animals and think... I wonder what that tastes like?

Mmmm... delicious.

Also, here are my short short short takes from last week's pub (trying to conserve post #s so #5000 can be about PS, of course):

• Bhodi -- I hate people too. Seriously. But I tend to like a person here and there. Luckily, my violence is almost always confined to mere words (whether written or verbal).
  • Madwine -- aka westcoastmom -- I am very hurt that you are not keeping the math help in the family :-( :-( :-(
  • KryseeMac/Madwine -- I am now a proud gun owner! Colt .38 police special short-barreled revolver. Not what I'd want, all else being equal, but the price was right. Now I just have to take those concealed carry permit classes... Luckily, VA being VA, I can walk around open-carrying anywhere in public where alcohol is not being served or where the owner requests no guns.
  • Madwine -- I gotta come play at that range. Wine and guns (though not at the same time, and certainly not in that order!!!) and wolves. I have to get to PR at some point. Have to have to have to. Also, EOS is there.
  • PSquishy -- congrats on the engagement. Glad to hear that your roofies have achieved maximum potency, but very sorry to hear what that poor, poor girl is getting herself into. I will cry myself to sleep every night this year in anguish that you'll be passing on your genes I will, however, send you an old-fashioned meatgrinder as a wedding present. No joke
  • Philly Pholks -- prepare to be pwned. Maybe I'll even be at the game.
  • kkv123 -- so sorry to hear about your finger! Yikes! My mom did that at thanksgiving 3 years ago (though not with shun, just slided her finger pad pretty deep), so I had to finish things off by myself. It all turned out deliciously, though! Keep some krazy glue handy -- that's what it was invented for.

and I'm spent.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:Me too. I frequently look at animals and think... I wonder what that tastes like?

glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll solve this riddle for you though, Snapping Turtle is extremely chewy. Tasty, but chewy.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:8-9 baskets? That's all? And it took you 4 days? Dude, I'd've been done in like an hour and a half.

the baskets were like 4 foot high with clothes and I HATE folding laundry, plus i was watchign TV and eating popcorn. But yeah

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll solve this riddle for you though, Snapping Turtle is extremely chewy. Tasty, but chewy.

So is python. Tasty, but really chewy.

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:the baskets were like 4 foot high with clothes and I HATE folding laundry, plus i was watchign TV and eating popcorn. But yeah

Ok, 2 hours tops.

grammiedaboss2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grammiedaboss2
bhodilee wrote:I took off the tip of my thumb two years ago and it quite literally just grew back without even a scar (doc said I just cut off the calloused portion, shallow wide cut). So now I just break out the processor if I'm going for diced onions. Couldn't you just use regular swimming goggles though, the 99 cent kind?

remember how well those keep the water out?

Yes, this IS the real, original Grammie.
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. ~ Unknown

bhodilee

grammiedaboss2 wrote:remember how well those keep the water out?

you have a point. I used to work at a plac where we hand breaded our onion rings and we had to peel and chop 50lbs of onions every night. I got really really good at not blinking. I found if I didn't blink or walked away and blinked it didn't bother me. Well, you can blink, I'm talking about that long close your eyes a few seconds blink, all that does is get tears in your eyes and then you're done

Cesare

bhodilee wrote:glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll solve this riddle for you though, Snapping Turtle is extremely chewy. Tasty, but chewy.

You me and L. Hmm I've had turtle at Chinese places but not sure if it was snapping. I had frog's legs just the other day mmm. Other things I've had are horse and alligator. Oh look this might be a cool blog.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Hint - if you keep your onions in the fridge and chop them up just after pulling them out (when they're still cold), they emit fewer fumes (and thus cause less eye-bleariness).

Also, don't stand hunched over them. Stand up straight, face out of direct line of the upward-traveling fumes.

Good options. here are others too.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Cesare

cheron98 wrote:So is python. Tasty, but really chewy.

Interesting. Snake is on my list to try.
You know what pisses me off, when I see people that have dumbs pets like rabbits. I'm just looking at it saying- that's food, not a pet.
Which reminds me, we once had chinese neighbors and they told us that they used to make cat and snake stew back in china.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

MarkDaSpark

Loweeel wrote:Mmmm... delicious.

Also, here are my short short short takes from last week's pub (trying to conserve post #s so #5000 can be about PS, of course):

• Bhodi -- I hate people too. Seriously. But I tend to like a person here and there. Luckily, my violence is almost always confined to mere words (whether written or verbal).
  • Madwine -- aka westcoastmom -- I am very hurt that you are not keeping the math help in the family :-( :-( :-(
  • KryseeMac/Madwine -- I am now a proud gun owner! Colt .38 police special short-barreled revolver. Not what I'd want, all else being equal, but the price was right. Now I just have to take those concealed carry permit classes... Luckily, VA being VA, I can walk around open-carrying anywhere in public where alcohol is not being served or where the owner requests no guns.
  • Madwine -- I gotta come play at that range. Wine and guns (though not at the same time, and certainly not in that order!!!) and wolves. I have to get to PR at some point. Have to have to have to. Also, EOS is there.
  • PSquishy -- congrats on the engagement. Glad to hear that your roofies have achieved maximum potency, but very sorry to hear what that poor, poor girl is getting herself into. I will cry myself to sleep every night this year in anguish that you'll be passing on your genes I will, however, send you an old-fashioned meatgrinder as a wedding present. No joke
  • Philly Pholks -- prepare to be pwned. Maybe I'll even be at the game.
  • kkv123 -- so sorry to hear about your finger! Yikes! My mom did that at thanksgiving 3 years ago (though not with shun, just slided her finger pad pretty deep), so I had to finish things off by myself. It all turned out deliciously, though! Keep some krazy glue handy -- that's what it was invented for.

and I'm spent.

Chopped liver. That's what Cheron and I are. Chopped liver.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:You me and L. Hmm I've had turtle at Chinese places but not sure if it was snapping. I had frog's legs just the other day mmm. Other things I've had are horse and alligator. Oh look this might be a cool blog.

not had horse, gator is good

cheron98

Cesare wrote:Interesting. Snake is on my list to try.
You know what pisses me off, when I see people that have dumbs pets like rabbits. I'm just looking at it saying- that's food, not a pet.
Which reminds me, we once had chinese neighbors and they told us that they used to make cat and snake stew back in china.

See, you should've come to the weird foods tasting in October

MarkDaSpark

bkarney wrote:Yes and no, I did get flagged in the checkpoint, I did get a field sobriety test..... and then I proceeded to tell the cop, "See! I told you I wasn't drinking occifer" Of course the idiots set up the roadblock on the way to Downtown, not from! They could have caught me on the flip side! Still too close for comfort, just don't like all those flashing blue lights

Occifer, Occifer. I'm not under the alkafluence of inkohol ....

Cesare

cheron98 wrote:See, you should've come to the weird foods tasting in October

I know. We need to do one in nyc. Hmm or dc, I'll go to dc again for that.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

cheron98

Cesare wrote:I know. We need to do one in nyc. Hmm or dc, I'll go to dc again for that.

If you do, get kangaroo. Prepare it using Loweeel's Lamb Method. Cook NO MORE than medium rare. SO delicious.

bkarney

Cesare wrote:Interesting. Snake is on my list to try.

There is a rabbit that hangs out in my dad's neighborhood and one of his neighbors feeds it everyday.....organic carrots, romaine, you name it. It's crazy how much he spends feeding the damn thing. Well, my dad has the same quasi-sick sense of humor that many of us share. In that regard he named the rabbit Stewie, mmmmmm organic free-range wabbit, wascaly wabbit

CT

bkarney

bhodilee wrote:not had horse, gator is good

unless it's reheated, then it's like eating a tire. Funny, I actually had I bison burger at the Shuck & Dive for lunch today. Pretty damn tasty, little gamey, but good.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:If you do, get kangaroo. Prepare it using Loweeel's Lamb Method. Cook NO MORE than medium rare. SO delicious.

Not Roo!!! How could you eat little Roo???

nematic

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nematic

good place for getting wierd meats

http://www.fossilfarms.com/

grammiedaboss2

Cesare wrote:You me and L. Hmm I've had turtle at Chinese places but not sure if it was snapping. I had frog's legs just the other day mmm. Other things I've had are horse and alligator. Oh look this might be a cool blog.

alligator, bear, rattlesnake, turtle, frog, fruit bat, bees, crickets, grasshoppers, locusts and ants. that's all i can recall right now. at least the identifiable critters

EDIT: buffalo, horse and rabbit as well, but those are pretty mainstream.

and i love oxtails!!

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. ~ Unknown

grammiedaboss2

MarkDaSpark wrote:Chopped liver. That's what Cheron and I are. Chopped liver.

not to mention (invisible) Grammie.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Yah seriously, I almost went home to change my sweater. I settled for a run to the ladies' room and a damp paper towel. Gonna have to do laundry tonight, I think.

I can't believe you don't carry those Tide sticks with you. A few of my coworkers do and they use them regularly.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Cesare

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I can't believe you don't carry those Tide sticks with you. A few of my coworkers do and they use them regularly.

On you?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:gross...

Isn't the floor the intermediary between the 'wear a second time' and the hamper for going into the wash sometime in the future? A good 75% of the time my pants lie on the floor for a few days, then get worn again, then go into the pile for the wash. Sometimes shirts too, cuz I like never sweat.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
bhodilee wrote:not had horse, gator is good

I ate (and cooked) whale when I lived in Japan. This went back 20 yrs ago and before someone beats me with the endangered species stuff, it was a bag of scraps given to me.

It was odd pieces and bits so I made a pepper steakish kind of concoction. Beef raised on fish. That is what it tasted like..

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

bhodilee

grammiedaboss2 wrote:alligator, bear, rattlesnake, turtle, frog, fruit bat, bees, crickets, grasshoppers, locusts and ants. that's all i can recall right now. at least the identifiable critters

EDIT: buffalo, horse and rabbit as well, but those are pretty mainstream.

and i love oxtails!!

oxtails you buy from the store aren't from oxen, they're cow

Bison is the best meat ever, but too expensive

Cesare

lauratchi wrote:I ate (and cooked) whale when I lived in Japan. This went back 20 yrs ago and before someone beats me with the endangered species stuff, it was a bag of scraps given to me.

It was odd pieces and bits so I made a pepper steakish kind of concoction. Beef raised on fish. That is what it tasted like..

Weird! I like shark, but that's pretty standard. It's kind of like swordfish.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

bhodilee

Cesare wrote:Weird! I like shark, but that's pretty standard. It's kind of like swordfish.

shark is good, I really like swordfish a lot, but living where I do you either cant' find it or afford it too much.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not Roo!!! How could you eat little Roo???

Because he's tasty.

grammiedaboss2

[quote postid="2903757" user="bhodilee"]oxtails you buy from the store aren't from oxen, they're cow
/quote]

true, but almost no one anymore eats animal parts that they consider gross. i eat all offal - tongue, heart, liver, brains, kidneys, tripe and especially sweetbreads. the yuckiest thing i've had were raw squid guts, a delicacy in japan. could not handle.

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I can't believe you don't carry those Tide sticks with you. A few of my coworkers do and they use them regularly.

Nah the coffee doesn't warrant the Tide sticks. Get it fast enough and there's no staining

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Isn't the floor the intermediary between the 'wear a second time' and the hamper for going into the wash sometime in the future? A good 75% of the time my pants lie on the floor for a few days, then get worn again, then go into the pile for the wash. Sometimes shirts too, cuz I like never sweat.

...gross...