Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
saxwizerd45 wrote:kthx, good to hear. WD's previous post re: replacement if the wine gets carptacular is also reassuring!

Hey there Chicago wine.wooters! We're looking for you!

We get together every couple months to drink wine, eat food, and just have a good time. We're planning Chicago Wine Woot Tasting #8 on December 28. Check us out here http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2735260&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=81

Hope you can join us!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

So it's Wednesday.

It's 9PM. Do you know where your clues are?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Antimidas651

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antimidas651
duck833 wrote:Offtrack:

I got my Malbec today by the brown truck. The bottles were really cold, though not frozen. The high today in Eugene was about 25 degrees, low tonight maybe 12. How cold does it have to get before shipping is suspended until it warms up a little?

It got up to 5 degrees here today in Minnesota and I recieved my 8 bottles of Penfold's Shiraz and 4 of the Block 13. It has been below zero fahrenheit for the previous two days reaching as low as 17 below. So I am guessing it is never too cold for them to deliver or ship. Fortunately, none of the bottles were frozen. The Penfold's was packed better using styrofoam instead of cardboard bottle forms. But that is up to the individual shipper to decide on how to pack. YMMV.

Antimidas651

Winedavid39 wrote:********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************
********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************

Titus packages going to the following states, starting with TUESDAY winery orders, are being put on a extreme weather hold:

ND, MN, WI, IL, IA

these will ship when the weather begins to cooperate.

Thanks for you patience upper mid-west.

And I dang near clicked the "I Want One" button. Knowing the weather in MN this time of year, it could be months before my order is shipped.

platanutre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages platanutre
cheron98 wrote:So it's Wednesday.

It's 9PM. Do you know where your clues are?

shhhh hush you ;-)! Calling for clues migh tmake it sell out sooner ahuhu. I'm hoping I can seel enough carp over ebay by friday so I can buy this ahuhu

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus
cheron98 wrote:How about Michigan? We're a little frozen over too

It's been below 10°F for three days here (Upper Michigan)....probably will be for the rest of the week.

I did have wine arrive today and it seems to have survived okay - not frozen...

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker
mbecker wrote:*Follow up tasting notes*

I continued to drink the wine through the evening but I got home sorta late so no fancy dinner pairing. I also dont usually drink nicer wines with foods as the flavors get lost on my palate. I did try a bit with the trio of artisan cheeses from the offering a few weeks ago. I have to say the Point Reyes blue cheese was an excellent pairing and balanced well with the strong finish of this wine.

The flavors remained fairly consistent from before. Perhaps the wine became a bit more integrated and full. I also ran a glass through the Vinturi aerator (this thing really seems to work) but noticed no differences. Next bottle I open I will test a bit right at opening. By the end of the evening the flavors seemed to get a bit muted but the bottle had been open for about 8 hours. I did save a bit for a final tasting this evening and sealed with a Vacu Vin stopper. If I notice any differences I will post a follow up.

Final verdict - great full bodied CS but not a fruit bomb, decent qpr, decant 1/2-1 hour but not much more, pairs well with cheese, may want to try after 6 mo to a year but drinking nicely now.

*Final Tasting Note*

After sitting overnight there were actually some noticeable changes. The finish developed some licorice and anise notes and the other tastes became even more integrated. The tannins and sour cherry mellowed a bit. I have never understood if this means there is additional aging potential or if the wine just benefits from a longer decant. But in any event, I enjoyed the wine even more tonight and would recommend pulling the trigger for any last minute fence sitters.

EmilyTitusVineyards

quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards

One last THANK YOU to y'all for giving me this platform for my 15+ minutes. It was absolutely my pleasure to introduce many of you to Titus Vineyards and our Cabernet Sauvignon. Your comments about Eric's live video stream are fantastic and we'll definitely continue to do more of this. I'm so sorry that Tuesday's live tasting has not yet posted on Titus TV via U-Stream. U-Stream has not been able to get to the bottom of this, and our Woot time has run out. It's really disappointing. So, I'll be sure to let WD know when it does post so that you may view the episode at your leisure. In the meantime, you can follow us via "cork_dork" on Twitter and "Titus_TV" on U-Stream. Happy Holidays and Cheers!

EmilyTitusVineyards

mbecker wrote:*Final Tasting Note*

After sitting overnight there were actually some noticeable changes. The finish developed some licorice and anise notes and the other tastes became even more integrated. The tannins and sour cherry mellowed a bit. I have never understood if this means there is additional aging potential or if the wine just benefits from a longer decant. But in any event, I enjoyed the wine even more tonight and would recommend pulling the trigger for any last minute fence sitters.

A winemaker is born! I love your comment here especially because it reminds me of Phillip (Titus), he often says he enjoys our Cab the next day best.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:One last THANK YOU to y'all for giving me this platform for my 15+ minutes. It was absolutely my pleasure to introduce many of you to Titus Vineyards and our Cabernet Sauvignon. Your comments about Eric's live video stream are fantastic and we'll definitely continue to do more of this. I'm so sorry that Tuesday's live tasting has not yet posted on Titus TV via U-Stream. U-Stream has not been able to get to the bottom of this, and our Woot time has run out. It's really disappointing. So, I'll be sure to let WD know when it does post so that you may view the episode at your leisure. In the meantime, you can follow us via "cork_dork" on Twitter and "Titus_TV" on U-Stream. Happy Holidays and Cheers!

Great work Emily and crew. Top shelf.

WD

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
platanutre wrote:shhhh hush you ;-)! Calling for clues migh tmake it sell out sooner ahuhu. I'm hoping I can seel enough carp over ebay by friday so I can buy this ahuhu

I may misunderstand, but just in case... This offer is ending in less than two hours, sell-out or not. We are now on a permanent 'two offers a week' schedule, with the new items coming up Sunday and Wednesday evenings at midnight Central Time.

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink
winefarm wrote:Great work Emily and crew. Top shelf.

WD

I concur, would love to see the next offering more "middle shelf" (in terms of price) so we can get even more QPR than we already have....OK I know that's asking for a lot but this is the season of wishes and dreams, isn't it? [WD if you can make that happen, maybe during the next wine "wootoff" like you did with the Ty Caton.]

Yah I'm an idea guy, so Emily let's implement some of those ideas (and I'm not talking about the extra wine for the same price one).

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
Imagine4vr wrote:Hey there Chicago wine.wooters! We're looking for you!

We get together every couple months to drink wine, eat food, and just have a good time. We're planning Chicago Wine Woot Tasting #8 on December 28. Check us out here http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2735260&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=81

Hope you can join us!

I would be totally all over that... except I'll be at a Green Bay Packers game! I would certainly like to attend one in the future though! And now, the hint?

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

platanutre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages platanutre

Oh I had no idea of the two week offers schedule. That is very much sad news for me

Guess Im gonna have to order them from some other place some other time then. Thanx for the heads up though.

winefarm

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:A winemaker is born! I love your comment here especially because it reminds me of Phillip (Titus), he often says he enjoys our Cab the next day best.

Like lasagna and apple pie.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
winefarm wrote:Great work Emily and crew. Top shelf.

WD

Return of Temequila?

CT

winefarm

A little Joy coming your way...

EmilyTitusVineyards

platanutre wrote:Oh I had no idea of the two week offers schedule. That is very much sad news for me

Guess Im gonna have to order them from some other place some other time then. Thanx for the heads up though.

Did you get in under the wire? Hope so.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Did you get in under the wire? Hope so.

I'm still on the fence!!! I'm so close to being pushed over though. 20 more minutes.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:We've had this discussion before You know I love PS, but there's just a special place in my heart for CS. But my cellar currently has more PS than CS in it, so be happy about that.

And she said blueberries! BLUEBERRIES!!! Oy. So if I were to buy this NOW... should I get it shipped HOME or to your place or to my sister's... cuz CLEARLY it can't go to my parents' house in stupid jersey. When would it arrive. Hmmm, so much to consider...

Or, you could ship it to us and we'll see you in a few months.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Joy of cooking + Essentials of Italian cooking? Think I'm the only one guessing, I give up :P

CT

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
winefarm wrote:Like lasagna and apple pie.

Long shot....Typed in Manicotti + Winery and got a lead to Jacuzzi Family Winery in Sonoma - they have a Giuseppina - apple & pear and a ton of other wines and olive oil.

http://www.jacuzziwines.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showDrilldown&productid=e69f05ac-1b78-7bfe-4c7d-9c7756dce776&ProductCategoryID=e66000dc-1b78-7bfe-4cfc-4589c45d1888&OrderBy=PXPC.DisplayOrder%20Asc,%20P.Price1

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Corison!!!!!!!!

Correction: IRON HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

Antimidas651

Ok. Fine. I got in. Just hope I don't have to wait until May. . Friggin MN weather and all. The labrats convinced me.

On another note, anyone know about limits for reciprocal states such as Minnesota?

boatman72

conroo wrote:Corison!!!!!!!!

I'd empty the wallet on that one!

bahwm

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Good Call. Note to self: Word order is more important in 2009.

--especially when posting on wine.woot!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
boatman72 wrote:I'd empty the wallet on that one!

Actually, I'm sure it's Joy Sterling of Iron Horse.

EDIT: If not wine, it could be one of her books.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

EmilyTitusVineyards

CAGrl wrote:I'm still on the fence!!! I'm so close to being pushed over though. 20 more minutes.

Listen, this Cab has everything you want your Cab to have in it. Its style is full throttle, yet more importantly balanced and not overblown, flavor and color. Think chocolate covered cherries, coffee/toffee, sweet toasted oak, a little bit of barrel spice, black currants, and yes blueberries, round tannins, and a bonus dark chocolate finish.
AND
Because Eric took the farming over from his Dad and Phillip has been the winemaker from day one for us (1990 was the first vintage), they know the vineyards inside out upside-down and backwards, so regardless of growing season/vintage variation the Titus flavor profiles, through blending aka in our world completing the wine, are very consistent each year. So chances are if you like the 05 Titus Cab Sauv you'll like past and future vintages as well, and wouldn't it be nice this holiday season to discover a new brand you can count on as a palate pleaser wine.

CAGrl

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Listen, this Cab has everything you want your Cab to have in it. Its style is full throttle, yet more importantly balanced and not overblown, flavor and color. Think chocolate covered cherries, coffee/toffee, sweet toasted oak, a little bit of barrel spice, black currants, and yes blueberries, round tannins, and a bonus dark chocolate finish.
AND
Because Eric took the farming over from his Dad and Phillip has been the winemaker from day one for us (1990 was the first vintage), they know the vineyards inside out upside-down and backwards, so regardless of growing season/vintage variation the Titus flavor profiles, through blending aka in our world completing the wine, are very consistent each year. So chances are if you like the 05 Titus Cab Sauv you'll like past and future vintages as well, and wouldn't it be nice this holiday season to discover a new brand you can count on as a palate pleaser wine.

Sounds yummy. I wish I could taste all the complexities in the wine, but I'm not very good with it. I taste what I call ... wine. I don't know how to develop such a fine palate.

Okay, okay, okay. I'm caving. It better be good.

Since I'm in Northern California (San Jose to be more specific) will it get here before Christmas???

bahwm

It's gotta be Joy from Iron Horse. She was an absolutely fabulous hostess for us during the rpm tour and I spent more on a bottle of wine there than I ever have in my life. She makes awesome wines. Oh, the cc may be melting--more than the temperatures! 4 more minutes!

boatman72

conroo wrote:Actually, I'm sure it's Joy Sterling of Iron Horse.

EDIT: If not wine, it could be one of her books.

Now how are we gonna drink a book over the holidays??

boatman72

winefarm wrote:Like lasagna and apple pie.

I remember seeing that in a blog somewhere, but where?? two more minutes

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219

I came up to see the new wine and saw this was still available so I caved...counting on it being a few weeks for delivery with Chicago cold weather so there you go...in for 1. Thanks Emily for all the hard work!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

CAGrl

jp9219 wrote:I came up to see the new wine and saw this was still available so I caved...counting on it being a few weeks for delivery with Chicago cold weather so there you go...in for 1. Thanks Emily for all the hard work!

Same here. I caved at the last minute too.

EmilyTitusVineyards

CAGrl wrote:Sounds yummy. I wish I could taste all the complexities in the wine, but I'm not very good with it. I taste what I call ... wine. I don't know how to develop such a fine palate.

Okay, okay, okay. I'm caving. It better be good.

Since I'm in Northern California (San Jose to be more specific) will it get here before Christmas???

I'm guessing yes, arrival before Christmas shouldn't be a problem. You actually hit the nail on the head. Knowing your own tastes. If it tastes like wine to you full stop, then that's perfect. The more you taste the more you begin to learn about what you like and what you don't like, it's definitely not about putting specific descriptors to it. Eric actually talks about this in the Tuesday live winetasting. Because winetasting is super sensory coupled with the fact that each individual tastes differently - sidebar: did you know women have more tastebuds than men? - it's pretty messy aligning conversations and descriptions to be perceived in exactly the same way - pretty impossible actually. It does serve a purpose, for sure, but it becomes more useful once you've established your own comfort level with wine. Keeping it simple is the way forward. Drink more wine, and by this I simply mean taste. That's it. Don't worry about the language of wine. It can be both overrated and overwhelming - just enjoy and begin to learn more about what is interesting about wine to you.

PS
If anyone corrects my grammar in this post, I will find you

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare
jp9219 wrote:I came up to see the new wine and saw this was still available so I caved...counting on it being a few weeks for delivery with Chicago cold weather so there you go...in for 1. Thanks Emily for all the hard work!

Me too. You just made it, 1 second late even!

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s
Last purchaser: jp9219
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:00:01 AM Central Time

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:
PS

If this wine sucks, I will find you

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

EmilyTitusVineyards

it's nothing, I'm glad you made it and hope our Cab hits the spot!

CAGrl

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:I'm guessing yes, arrival before Christmas shouldn't be a problem. You actually hit the nail on the head. Knowing your own tastes. If it tastes like wine to you full stop, then that's perfect. The more you taste the more you begin to learn about what you like and what you don't like, it's definitely not about putting specific descriptors to it. Eric actually talks about this in the Tuesday live winetasting. Because winetasting is super sensory coupled with the fact that each individual tastes differently - sidebar: did you know women have more tastebuds than men? - it's pretty messy aligning conversations and descriptions to be perceived in exactly the same way - pretty impossible actually. It does serve a purpose, for sure, but it becomes more useful once you've established your own comfort level with wine. Keeping it simple is the way forward. Drink more wine, and by this I simply mean taste. That's it. Don't worry about the language of wine. It can be both overrated and overwhelming - just enjoy and begin to learn more about what is interesting about wine to you.

PS

Thanks! You have been so helpful and made the forum lots of fun. I can't wait to get this now and try it for Christmas. Still debating whether or not to drink it just with the husband or to take it to the family dinner. It might just be too nice to share.

EmilyTitusVineyards

Cesare wrote:If this wine sucks, I will find you

Touché