Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Corrado wrote:To my knowledge, there is no 'suspension of shipping' for the season, but if a region is forecast for extreme cold (or heat), the shipping schedule can be adjusted to keep the bottles from sitting in a warehouse during extreme temps.

Regardless, if your wine arrives clearly damaged from heat or cold (protruding, leaking corks are a pretty good sign that somethin' done gone wrong), contact service@woot.com and they'll make it right. The re-fulfillment process can be slow since they may have to re-acquire sock, but woot stands by their products (as do the wineries who offer their products here).



********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************
********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************

Titus packages going to the following states, starting with TUESDAY winery orders, are being put on a extreme weather hold:

ND, MN, WI, IL, IA

these will ship when the weather begins to cooperate.

Thanks for you patience upper mid-west.

bmwstack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwstack

[quote postid="2870015" user="Winedavid39"]it depends on where you live. um, where do you live?

Salem NH to be exact zip of 03079

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
tenuki wrote:Hush! So close to hitting that button. Great labrat report.

Browsing Titus site, I notice their futures are priced same as current releases. Still new to wine futures but aren't futures normally cheaper? And given state of economy wouldn't you expect lower retail prices ahead or is wine pricing arbitrary enough that retail prices will NEVER drop, they'll just offer "discounts".



Just a quick comment on Titus Futures, we only offer futures sales of large formats and all bottles are signed by Eric and Phillip Titus.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bmwstack wrote:[quote postid="2870015" user="Winedavid39"]it depends on where you live. um, where do you live?

Salem NH to be exact zip of 03079



ain't gonna happen. sorry.

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
luckyinla wrote:Here is my long-awaited lab report. (Sorry, but I dwell on the left coast & tonight was my daughter's Holiday performance at school.)

As soon as was reasonable, I left the singing performance with with my youngest daughter, aka "the star of the show". I left my husband & older daughter at school to deflect the other parents & their children. After all, I had wine to decant!

I arrived home, quickly petted Duncan & Daisy (the 4-legged children), and opened the Titus. I poured 2 small glasses into our Riedel Vinum Bordeaux glasses, & the rest of the bottle into a decanter. Immediately, I began to swirl with earnest. The nose was tight, and mostly I detected sweet cherries & alcohol. My first sips tasted of plum, strawberry & cinnamon. And yes, I detected a bit of dark chocolate on the finish. Overall, the wine was smooth but slightly disjointed. It had a nice mouthfeel with strong tannins. I remembered to ask my husband (who appeared out of nowhere while I was focused on the Titus) his opinion of the wine.

DETOUR: My palate is not nearly as sophisticated as many, but I work on educating it as often as possible. My DH, on the other hand, has an almost "non-existent" (or shall we say unrefined?) palate.

His response is "I like this wine". (Then his usual question is, "What did it cost us?", but I digress...)

After 30 minutes in the decanter, we had our next glass of wine. The nose still was predominantly cherries. However, the wine had begun to evolve. It was much more balanced, & the fruits had toned down a bit. I still tasted cherries, but detected blueberries, still cinnamon & now a bit of coffee. The mouthfeel was much creamier & smoother, and the finish longer. My husband's reaction? "It's smoother." (Yes, he's a man of many words...)

Our last glasses were poured 1 hour after decanting. At this point, the alcohol had dissipated. (I am very sensitive to high levels of alcohol, and prefer a more balanced wine.) Now the wine tastes of cinnamon, chocolate and sour cherries. There is a bit of pepper mid-palate and then a l-o n-g finish, lasting at least a full minute. My husband's reaction? "Reminds me of the 2004 Hartwell Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Grown we bought." And that is high praise indeed!

To give you some sense of my palate, I prefer "old-school" cabs. I don't particularly like fruit-forward, Parkerized wines. I loved this wine! I am very happy I bought it, and am thinking of finding a way to "sneak" more into the house...

This wine has a lovely appeal for cab drinkers. There is a lot of fruit and alcohol to start...but there is so much more! It is well-balanced, and with a bit of age, the wine should be very balanced & smooth. And, when we added the component of food, the wine simply complimented dinner, and became a lovely drinker. I was sorry when the bottle was emptied...

Thanks to all for this amazing opportunity to lab rat this wine. (And if you're on the fence, close your eyes & jump! You may just regret not getting this gift to yourself...)



Very thoughtful and vivid tasting experience - thanks for showing off our Cab, and your family, so well!

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
Winedavid39 wrote:ain't gonna happen. sorry.



Me, too. Plan B - If you have an opportunity to zoom up to Yarmouth, I'll have my Dad share some of his Titus collection with you.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************
********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************

Titus packages going to the following states, starting with TUESDAY winery orders, are being put on a extreme weather hold:

ND, MN, WI, IL, IA

these will ship when the weather begins to cooperate.

Thanks for you patience upper mid-west.



How about Michigan? We're a little frozen over too

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bmwstack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwstack
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Me, too. Plan B - If you have an opportunity to zoom up to Yarmouth, I'll have my Dad share some of his Titus collection with you.



Thanks for sharing. Is there any way you could throw gas money in.

saxwizerd45


quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45

Should I be worried about my Block 13 (arriving tomorrow) and my TyC FB (arriving friday)?

Edit: Oh, I'm in Chicago by the way, lovely weather this time of year.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
bmwstack wrote:Thanks for sharing. Is there any way you could throw gas money in.



Why not, in the spirit of giving, I'll throw in my Dad's gas card as well

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Why not, in the spirit of giving, I'll throw in my Dad's gas card as well



You are a scary woman, Emily. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bmwstack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwstack
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Why not, in the spirit of giving, I'll throw in my Dad's gas card as well



You are awesome....while we are at it could we just have dads limo drop it off. Well i dont think im getting the Titus for christmas. I even called direct and they cant ship to NH. Maybe my dad will be happy with a nice new shovel.

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
bmwstack wrote:You are awesome....while we are at it could we just have dads limo drop it off. Well i dont think im getting the Titus for christmas. I even called direct and they cant ship to NH. Maybe my dad will be happy with a nice new shovel.



I LOVE Shovels second to wine, nice choice and am sorry that shipping became the deal-breaker

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
cheron98 wrote:You are a scary woman, Emily. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.



nicest way possible accepted

mstang1988


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
bmwstack wrote:You are awesome....while we are at it could we just have dads limo drop it off. Well i dont think im getting the Titus for christmas. I even called direct and they cant ship to NH. Maybe my dad will be happy with a nice new shovel.



I was hoping she would just throw in the vineyard for me while she was in the spirit of giving ;-)

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards

A Few Holiday Occasions That Are Perfectly Paired With Titus 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon:

1. Rewarding oneself for finding the best gifts online, sans retail hell, with a very full glass of Titus Cab.

2. A generous glass of Titus 05 Cabernet directly contributes to one's perseverance in completing any and all holiday decorating. Jews have a clear advantage here, so simply enjoy a glass or two of Titus Cab while getting out the Menorah and reflect on the genuine satisfaction that your work here is done.

3. Toast to remembering to water the Christmas tree, a very important preventative fire measure.

4. Writing holiday cards with very enthusiastic, and usually legible, messages.

5. Watching your pets devour gift wrap with more fervor than your children.

mgribble94


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgribble94

I can't believe that shipping a shovel is cheaper and/or faster than shipping two bottles of wine. If I were a "Gift Caddy", giving advice much like a golf caddy, I'd have to suggest that most dad's would prefer the wine (a delicious consumable) over the shovel (back breaking farm implement) as a Christmas Gift.

bmwstack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmwstack
mgribble94 wrote:I can't believe that shipping a shovel is cheaper and/or faster than shipping two bottles of wine. If I were a "Gift Caddy", giving advice much like a golf caddy, I'd have to suggest that most dad's would prefer the wine (a delicious consumable) over the shovel (back breaking farm implement) as a Christmas Gift.



I know i want the wine but woot cant ship and time and direct thru the vineyard they cant ship to NH, i have decided to change from a shovel to a dish towel.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bmwstack wrote:I know i want the wine but woot cant ship and time and direct thru the vineyard they cant ship to NH, i have decided to change from a shovel to a dish towel.



Well that's odd... if the winery can't ship to NH, how is woot shipping to NH?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mgribble94


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgribble94
bmwstack wrote:I know i want the wine but woot cant ship and time and direct thru the vineyard they cant ship to NH, i have decided to change from a shovel to a dish towel.



As your unofficial Gift Caddy for the 08 Holiday Season, I approve of the dish towel over the shovel. While being both lighter and easier to use, you can personalize the dish towel to your father's tastes much easier than a shovel. Although, in NH your shovel selection is probably much greater than here in TX.

jp9219


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
Winedavid39 wrote:********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************
********************************* WEATHER HOLD ALERT **************************************

Titus packages going to the following states, starting with TUESDAY winery orders, are being put on a extreme weather hold:

ND, MN, WI, IL, IA



So does that mean for the rest of winter then? How has it been in year's past because I know Chicago ain't getting any warmer

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:A Few Holiday Occasions That Are Perfectly Paired With Titus 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon:

5. Watching your pets devour gift wrap with more fervor than your children.



FYI, I think Social Services might have something to say if you're letting your pets devour your children.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
Corrado wrote:FYI, I think Social Services might have something to say if you're letting your pets devour your children.



Good Call. Note to self: Word order is more important in 2009.

davirom


quality posts: 10 Private Messages davirom
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Good Call. Note to self: Word order is more important in 2009.



At the risk of piling on,

3. Toast to remembering to water the Christmas tree, a very important preventative fire measure.

should probably be "fire prevention". Here in So. Cal. we are all about fire prevention these days, with a little mud slide prevention thrown in.

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:A Few Holiday Occasions That Are Perfectly Paired With Titus 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon:

1. Rewarding oneself for finding the best gifts online, sans retail hell, with a very full glass of Titus Cab.

Yes please.

2. A generous glass of Titus 05 Cabernet directly contributes to one's perseverance in completing any and all holiday decorating. Jews have a clear advantage here, so simply enjoy a glass or two of Titus Cab while getting out the Menorah and reflect on the genuine satisfaction that your work here is done.
i'll choose two.

3. Toast to remembering to water the Christmas tree, a very important preventative fire measure.
Toasts are good too...

4. Writing holiday cards with very enthusiastic, and usually legible, messages.
No wine?

5. Watching your pets devour gift wrap with more fervor than your children.
again... no wine - not interested



MoveoverCinderella


quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Just a quick comment on Titus Futures, we only offer futures sales of large formats and all bottles are signed by Eric and Phillip Titus.



OOOOOHH! Signed bottles....for us???? Pleeezzz! That might get some off the fence.

Love it or leave it!

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22

I ordered tuesday,tried to time shipment for week after Christmas as I will be home instead of work.Hope it works.Got Block 13 yesterday(yum),monkey prize was due also but seems to be taking a tour of USA instead.Fed X says it's back in texas now. Hope it shows up by friday as it's my last day of work for year.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

turndon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turndon
saxwizerd45 wrote:Should I be worried about my Block 13 (arriving tomorrow) and my TyC FB (arriving friday)?

Edit: Oh, I'm in Chicago by the way, lovely weather this time of year.



Sax, ymmv, but I got my Block 13 yesterday during the mini-blizzard and it looks fine. Sippin' on the first bottle right now, and it tastes fine, too.

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
edthebedhead wrote:



Everything with wine, of course!

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
davirom wrote:At the risk of piling on,

3. Toast to remembering to water the Christmas tree, a very important preventative fire measure.

should probably be "fire prevention". Here in So. Cal. we are all about fire prevention these days, with a little mud slide prevention thrown in.



Both an important correction and perspective!

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
crabbyman22 wrote:I ordered tuesday,tried to time shipment for week after Christmas as I will be home instead of work.Hope it works.Got Block 13 yesterday(yum),monkey prize was due also but seems to be taking a tour of USA instead.Fed X says it's back in texas now. Hope it shows up by friday as it's my last day of work for year.



Thanks so much! I hope the wine arrives in time to welcome you home on Friday as you coast into the New Year. Cheers!

saxwizerd45


quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
turndon wrote:Sax, ymmv, but I got my Block 13 yesterday during the mini-blizzard and it looks fine. Sippin' on the first bottle right now, and it tastes fine, too.



kthx, good to hear. WD's previous post re: replacement if the wine gets carptacular is also reassuring!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

boaz38


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

just ordered as a gift for my family in Alexandria,Va. Will this arrive during the holidays?

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
boaz38 wrote:just ordered as a gift for my family in Alexandria,Va. Will this arrive during the holidays?



Yay! I'll let WD answer the arrival question but think that this gift will be equally enjoyed if received, just by chance, after Christmas to bring in the New Year - presto, a much bigger window.

boaz38


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

You are soooo right emily!! They will enjoy this wine either before or after xmas. Besides my bro inlaw only likes to drink French wines,to a point that it's almost nauseating, so maybe a good Napa CS might make him think twice. ;)

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
boaz38 wrote:You are soooo right emily!! They will enjoy this wine either before or after xmas. Besides my bro inlaw only likes to drink French wines,to a point that it's almost nauseating, so maybe a good Napa CS might make him think twice. ;)



Yah, you show him er, um, I mean, way to build a bridge in this great, big old world new world wine arena. Thanks for being excited enough to take on this worthwhile challenge with our wine, I'm confident we got this one.

PetiteSirah


quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah
boaz38 wrote:just ordered as a gift for my family in Alexandria,Va. Will this arrive during the holidays?



Please let me know if you're ever in the area visiting them! You'll have to come to Arlington for ... er... me

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!


"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

rbwoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Yah, you show him er, um, I mean, way to build a bridge in this great, big old world new world wine arena. Thanks for being excited enough to take on this worthwhile challenge with our wine, I'm confident we got this one.



Since I'm old and in the east...in case I fall asleep, just wanted to say thank you for an enjoyable few days...your participation has been stellar, the live feed was genius, and since you forced me to double my order a few pages back...I will look forward to my 4 bottles arriving...and opening one while listening to every rendition of "Emily" by Bill Evans that I have, which will take an entire, enjoyable evening...

...unless, of course, you'll be around tomorrow...in which case, never mind, I'll catch you in the AM...

EmilyTitusVineyards


quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
rbwoot wrote:Since I'm old and in the east...in case I fall asleep, just wanted to say thank you for an enjoyable few days...your participation has been stellar, the live feed was genius, and since you forced me to double my order a few pages back...I will look forward to my 4 bottles arriving...and opening one while listening to every rendition of "Emily" by Bill Evans that I have, which will take an entire, enjoyable evening...

...unless, of course, you'll be around tomorrow...in which case, never mind, I'll catch you in the AM...



Aw, thanks so much. I'm thrilled to hear that Titus TV is a hit, I learned new stuff too, it was great. So stay warm, Titus Cab will definitely help - you'll absolutely need all 4 bottles - and thank you to you for your dynamic commentary all along the way, very cool.

winefarm


quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
jp9219 wrote:So does that mean for the rest of winter then? How has it been in year's past because I know Chicago ain't getting any warmer



no, when we see the next mild trend, off it goes. it has to be VERY extreme to have an effect.

WD