jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

WD, I may have missed it, but i assume no labrats with the extra special show-and-tell?

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

EmilyTitusVineyards

quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
Loweeel wrote:Emily -- it's meritage, as in rhymes with "heritage". Sorry to do it, but this one always sticks in my throat.

EmilyTitusVineyards

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:

yah, you're absolutely right. You can take the guy out of the vineyard but...

jwink

Emily: Here is an idea to pass along, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Titus likes the blossoming relationship with Woot, plan a wine now for release in 2.5-3 years exclusively for wooters.

WD i want a few bottle on the house too...hahaha

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

EmilyTitusVineyards

luckyinla wrote:I'm just glad I already bought!

Smarty Pants

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Thanks so much, that means a lot to us, sincerely.

Good info, good entertainment and great marketing.

EmilyTitusVineyards

cheron98 wrote:PS I Love You is a little... ahem.. PSilly... But we still love Jo and PS!

Here here! The press on Petite Sirah has been nothing short of amazing, a true testament to PS I Love You as an org. and the event/education momentum is admirable

EmilyTitusVineyards

jwink wrote:Emily: Here is an idea to pass along, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Titus likes the blossoming relationship with Woot, plan a wine now for release in 2.5-3 years exclusively for wooters.

WD i want a few bottle on the house too...hahaha

now there's an opportunity - good idea, you've definitely got my gears turning

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

I wish I could think of something creative to add to the kudos!

Very educational hour plus. Very useful were the w00ter questions to focus things
beyond the specific sale and give us some breadth to the business. One of the best ways to sell to this crowd is to not only be a real person, but to clearly articulate both a common touch and promote a specific product as being worthy of a purchase. Rarely do the three come together so nicely.

EmilyTitusVineyards

Lighter wrote:I wish I could think of something creative to add to the kudos!

Very educational hour plus. Very useful were the w00ter questions to focus things
beyond the specific sale and give us some breadth to the business. One of the best ways to sell to this crowd is to not only be a real person, but to clearly articulate both a common touch and promote a specific product as being worthy of a purchase. Rarely do the three come together so nicely.

Tremendous feedback and compliment, thank you!

jwink

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:now there's an opportunity - good idea, you've definitely got my gears turning

Or even an exclusive bl end with wine that is to be released soon...my initial though was having us follow the process along the way, from harvest, fermentation, aging, and then bottling could be very cool, it would be as close as we could get to the connection that Eric and you all already have with the wines.

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

EmilyTitusVineyards

Alright Wooters here's a HUGE thank you to all of you for joining us for a, hopefully, not too long episode of Titus TV. You made the time fly by!

I LOVE this commuinty, ask WD - I was more than a squeaky wheel to get back in here.

Don't hold back now, we're not going anywhere so if you still have questions and comments, we'll field them as best we can.

EmilyTitusVineyards

jwink wrote:Or even an exclusive bl end with wine that is to be released soon...my initial though was having us follow the process along the way, from harvest, fermentation, aging, and then bottling could be very cool, it would be as close as we could get to the connection that Eric and you all already have with the wines.

Just back off jwink, you can't have my job - only kidding and only jealous because this is a jack pot idea that should definitely be finnessed

jwink

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Alright Wooters here's a HUGE thank you to all of you for joining us for a, hopefully, not too long episode of Titus TV. You made the time fly by!

I LOVE this commuinty, ask WD - I was more than a squeaky wheel to get back in here.

Don't hold back now, we're not going anywhere so if you still have questions and comments, we'll field them as best we can.

Did you offer him a Senate seat if he would let you sell more wine?

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

jwink

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Just back off jwink, you can't have my job - only kidding and only jealous because this is a jack pot idea that should definitely be finnessed

I'm full of ideas you can PM me (if you know how to use that function) if you want more, all I ask is for a sample of the fruits of my ideas...llo ;-)

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

EmilyTitusVineyards

jwink wrote:I'm full of ideas you can PM me (if you know how to use that function) if you want more, all I ask is for a sample of the fruits of my ideas...llo ;-)

we can handle that type of payroll

EmilyTitusVineyards

jwink wrote:Did you offer him a Senate seat if he would let you sell more wine?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you

jwink

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:we can handle that type of payroll

A case or two will do, i'm not asking for a block to be named after me, or anything crazy. haha

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
jwink wrote:Did you offer him a Senate seat if he would let you sell more wine?

I think a Senate seat is worth a bit more...I mean it is a "freaking gold mine after all"

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla
jwink wrote:WD, I may have missed it, but i assume no labrats with the extra special show-and-tell?

There is a Santa, and it's WD! I may be Jewish, but I'm a rat!!!! Now I'm off to the market so I can make something special for dinner...back in a few hours with a report!

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:oooh, now there's a thought...

"thought" needs to change to "fact"

make it happen! we don't get enough Zin on this site ... well actually InZINerator and Haynes were great, I would take those two back anytime ...

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

kurtswa

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kurtswa
luckyinla wrote:There is a Santa, and it's WD! I may be Jewish, but I'm a rat!!!! Now I'm off to the market so I can make something special for dinner...back in a few hours with a report!

Ha! I am an honorary member of the tribe myself... Look forward to your report later as I am on the fence about this one.

EmilyTitusVineyards

kurtswa wrote:Ha! I am an honorary member of the tribe myself... Look forward to your report later as I am on the fence about this one.

me, too - it's refreshing to hear you guys talk about the wine

kurtswa

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kurtswa
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:me, too - it's refreshing to hear you guys talk about the wine

ahh... screw waiting for the lab reports. I am in! I have found 05 Cabs from Napa to be delicious due to the Indian Summer that year. Are you guys by any chance near the Diamond Mountain District (which I know is also north of St Helena). I had the pleasure of meeting a wine owner up there this past fall at his vineyard. Beautiful area!

EmilyTitusVineyards

kurtswa wrote:ahh... screw waiting for the lab reports. I am in! I have found 05 Cabs from Napa to be delicious due to the Indian Summer that year. Are you guys by any chance near the Diamond Mountain District (which I know is also north of St Helena). I had the pleasure of meeting a wine owner up there this past fall at his vineyard. Beautiful area!

Good on ya! And, yes we are just south east of Diamond Mountain. It's a pretty special area up there I'm sure you'll always remember that visit. Really strong Cab Sauv vineyards for sure.

EmilyTitusVineyards

FYI - U-Stream is having "issues" with their newly recorded shows at the moment, but they are working dilligently on getting this morning's tasting with Eric up ASAP on Titus TV. I'll keep you posted on this and am sorry about the glitch.

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker

*Labrat First Impression Report*

Initially - WD, thank you so much for the free bottle of wine for tasting. I don't think I have ordered by the deadline in quite some time so it was very unexpected. A nice glass of wine at work in the afternoon has a way of setting the day right.

As a frame of reference, the woot wines I have most enjoyed have been Corison (of course), Ty Caton (I may like the Field Blen.d the best), Wellington (really loved the 02 Syrah), and maybe the Frazier (Lupine).

These are some initial notes from a pop, pour and taste in office coffee mug. I will try again tonight and provide additional notes.

Nose was chocolate raspberry and other non-distinct berries. Initial taste is earthy, tart, with some chalk, tobacco and perhaps some cherry. I would not call this a fruit bomb at all. The tannins are very present and linger on a medium to long finish. Perhaps some dark baker's chocolate on the finish. As the wine opens up (15-20 minutes) the flavors become much more integrated.

More notes to follow this evening. For those on the fence I am quite happy with my purchase and may pick up another set.

EmilyTitusVineyards

tkastorff wrote:"thought" needs to change to "fact"

make it happen! we don't get enough Zin on this site ... well actually InZINerator and Haynes were great, I would take those two back anytime ...

Roger that

EmilyTitusVineyards

mbecker wrote:*Labrat First Impression Report*

Initially - WD, thank you so much for the free bottle of wine for tasting. I don't think I have ordered by the deadline in quite some time so it was very unexpected. A nice glass of wine at work in the afternoon has a way of setting the day right.

As a frame of reference, the woot wines I have most enjoyed have been Corison (of course), Ty Caton (I may like the Field Blen.d the best), Wellington (really loved the 02 Syrah), and maybe the Frazier (Lupine).

These are some initial notes from a pop, pour and taste in office coffee mug. I will try again tonight and provide additional notes.

Nose was chocolate raspberry and other non-distinct berries. Initial taste is earthy, tart, with some chalk, tobacco and perhaps some cherry. I would not call this a fruit bomb at all. The tannins are very present and linger on a medium to long finish. Perhaps some dark baker's chocolate on the finish. As the wine opens up (15-20 minutes) the flavors become much more integrated.

More notes to follow this evening. For those on the fence I am quite happy with my purchase and may pick up another set.

Thanks for getting right to it, I can't wait to hear more...

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen
mbecker wrote:*Labrat First Impression Report*

Is there some kind of codicil to Wine Commandment VIII (Thou shalt not serve wine in an improper vessel) that allows for labrats and coffee mugs?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker
nmachen wrote:Is there some kind of codicil to Wine Commandment VII (Thou shalt not serve wine in an improper vessel) that allows for labrats and coffee mugs?

Yes. I think it is article 3, subsection b(1)(i) that allows labrats to use an improper vessel but only if a proper vessel is unavailable and such improper vessel is not made of styrofoam or paper. It so happens my coffee mug is more of a clear punch glass looking thing (nice for espresso) so I did not violate the commandment in this case.

EmilyTitusVineyards

mbecker wrote:Yes. I think it is article 3, subsection b(1)(i) that allows labrats to use an improper vessel but only if a proper vessel is unavailable and such improper vessel is not made of styrofoam or paper. It so happens my coffee mug is more of a clear punch glass looking thing (nice for espresso) so I did not violate the commandment in this case.

I'm down. While we like to decant everything, sometimes we are without our trusty decanter and allegedly have substituted one with a beaker, water pitcher, and 1L beer stein all accomplishing the same goal just fine

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mbecker wrote:Yes. I think it is article 3, subsection b(1)(i) that allows labrats to use an improper vessel but only if a proper vessel is unavailable and such improper vessel is not made of styrofoam or paper. It so happens my coffee mug is more of a clear punch glass looking thing (nice for espresso) so I did not violate the commandment in this case.

Or plastic. No plastic cups

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rbwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot
nmachen wrote:Is there some kind of codicil to Wine Commandment VIII (Thou shalt not serve wine in an improper vessel) that allows for labrats and coffee mugs?

WD 8:7: He that is without improper vessel among you, let him first cast a cork at him/her.

EmilyTitusVineyards

KryseeMac wrote:I also thank Emily, WD, Eric. I really enjoyed watching it. Now you have me wanting to track down the 2004.

only done in the well intended spirit of leaving you wanting more

syphen9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages syphen9

I'm a fairly recent Wine Wooter, but a very enthusiastic one. I've been wavering on whether or not to woot off on this particular offering. Honestly, it was a statement on the Titus website that made my mind up for me, "Dry-farmed,"California-sprawl" trellising systems were replaced with close-spaced vertical trellis systems with automatic drip irrigation systems." As if this represents an improvement!

EmilyTitusVineyards

syphen9 wrote:I'm a fairly recent Wine Wooter, but a very enthusiastic one. I've been wavering on whether or not to woot off on this particular offering. Honestly, it was a statement on the Titus website that made my mind up for me, "Dry-farmed,"California-sprawl" trellising systems were replaced with close-spaced vertical trellis systems with automatic drip irrigation systems." As if this represents an improvement!

This post is not intended to sway you, I just thought it would be worth mentioning that our Zinfandel and Petite Sirah vines are still dry-farmed. Their root systems are both well established and far reaching that they'll go find the water on their own, without being over-stressed, leaving Eric to "interfere" less with these vines during the growing season.

Our Bordeaux varietials, on the other hand, have shallower root systems so the drip system from this vantage point made sense to him so that he could control the amount of vine stress during critical points in the growing season. Also, the bordeaux varieties are more prone to mildew which influenced Eric's decision to have the VSP trellis system which encourages air flow in the canopy preventing mold and also provides him with the opportunity to micro-manage the vines' canopies and shoot positioning in a way that results in even ripening block to block and/or side to side of the vineyard rows.

Thanks for paying such close attention and I hope you continue to enjoy your Wine Woot experiences.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
syphen9 wrote:I'm a fairly recent Wine Wooter, but a very enthusiastic one. I've been wavering on whether or not to woot off on this particular offering. Honestly, it was a statement on the Titus website that made my mind up for me, "Dry-farmed,"California-sprawl" trellising systems were replaced with close-spaced vertical trellis systems with automatic drip irrigation systems." As if this represents an improvement!

I'm not a wine expert or even a great gardener at that but I suspect they can get a more consistant more exact flavor/ph level etc when they do it this way and can make consistantly good wine. That's just a guess though, good luck with your woots!

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

rbwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:This post is not intended to sway you, I just thought it would be worth mentioning that our Zinfandel and Petite Sirah vines are still dry-farmed. Their root systems are both well established and far reaching that they'll go find the water on their own, without being over-stressed, leaving Eric to "interfere" less with these vines during the growing season.

Our Bordeaux varietials, on the other hand, have shallower root systems so the drip system from this vantage point made sense to him so that he could control the amount of vine stress during critical points in the growing season. Also, the bordeaux varieties are more prone to mildew which influenced Eric's decision to have the VSP trellis system which encourages air flow in the canopy preventing mold and also provides him with the opportunity to micro-manage the vines' canopies and shoot positioning in a way that results in even ripening block to block and/or side to side of the vineyard rows.

Thanks for paying such close attention and I hope you continue to enjoy your Wine Woot experiences.

I give up. I'm in. You are the SakeGuy of wine. Not bad...for a girl.

EmilyTitusVineyards

rbwoot wrote:I give up. I'm in. You are the SakeGuy of wine. Not bad...for a girl.

you take that back, double the Cab purchase, then take that back