EmilyTitusVineyards

quality posts: 12 Private Messages EmilyTitusVineyards
CAGrl wrote:Thanks! You have been so helpful and made the forum lots of fun. I can't wait to get this now and try it for Christmas. Still debating whether or not to drink it just with the husband or to take it to the family dinner. It might just be too nice to share.

It is a great wine to savor with good company, it sounds like you have a win-win situation and be sure to be grateful for both - Cheers!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Emily, do you guys do tours or tastings at your winery? Just curious. Might make a trip up there this spring and wanted to know if i can come up and visit with you all.

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:Touch`e

You spelled touché wrong :P
Hmmm maybe finding you would be a bad idea, I'm sure you would sell me more wine!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

EmilyTitusVineyards

Cesare wrote:You spelled touché wrong :P
Hmmm maybe finding you would be a bad idea, I'm sure you would sell me more wine!

for the record, I was a victim of plain text but it has now been corrected since it just looked ridiculous

EmilyTitusVineyards

CAGrl wrote:Emily, do you guys do tours or tastings at your winery? Just curious. Might make a trip up there this spring and wanted to know if i can come up and visit with you all.

We run the business out of the family's farm house. There's no tasting room or anything. If you'd be comfortable just hanging out with us in the house and going on a vineyard walk, then we'd love to show you the property.

CAGrl

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:We run the business out of the family's farm house. There's no tasting room or anything. If you'd be comfortable just hanging out with us in the house and going on a vineyard walk, then we'd love to show you the property.

I would love that. So when I want to make my way up to your neck of the woods (probably when the weather isn't so cold) how should I get in touch with you guys?

EmilyTitusVineyards

CAGrl wrote:I would love that. So when I want to make my way up to your neck of the woods (probably when the weather isn't so cold) how should I get in touch with you guys?

707.963.3235 or ebarouch@titusvineyards.com - I look forward to hearing from you again! Eric, Phillip (sometimes), Christophe and I are there M-F.

CAGrl

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:707.963.3235 or ebarouch@titusvineyards.com - I look forward to hearing from you again! Eric, Phillip (sometimes), Christophe and I are there M-F.

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate this. I really hope I enjoy both Lot 1 and the Cab. Can't wait to open them. Waiting on the Lot 1 though until later though.

EmilyTitusVineyards

I'm so jealous of Iron Horse right now. Tomorrow's going to be so boring.

CAGrl

EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:I'm so jealous of Iron Horse right now. Tomorrow's going to be so boring.

Yeah, but you get to work at a vineyard making wines. Can't be that boring.

adunknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adunknight

my order is still in for 3days.
any idea when would it starts shipping? (NV)

chad1323ross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chad1323ross

Just got tracking info on this coming to Madison, WI. Should be here tomorrow... right in the middle of the biggest snow storm of the year! Hopefully the intrepid UPS drivers make it to the office before I leave for the holiday...

222 bottles and counting.

jwink

quality posts: 39 Private Messages jwink

Mine scheduled for the 23rd, that works great!

Follow me on Twitter
Blooging away

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
EmilyTitusVineyards wrote:We run the business out of the family's farm house. There's no tasting room or anything. If you'd be comfortable just hanging out with us in the house and going on a vineyard walk, then we'd love to show you the property.

You still around Emily? I think we may come out to visit in February... if you can possibly find it in your hearts to be around on Saturday Y'know, AFTER Dark & Delicious. Where we hope to see you.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988

Woohoo, should be here tomorrow! Quick shipping WD!

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

chad1323ross

woo-hoo! just arrived in decent condition. kudos to the UPS drivers for braving the blizzard to make sure i got wine!

desertbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desertbird

What's up with the gift box WOOT? These were supposed to come in a wood box. This was a gift, and I got the 2 bottles in a cardboard box with a Merry Christmas card.

Fug. Now I need to wrap it? This inhales sharply and creates suction. The box looked like a nice presentation.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

desertbird wrote:What's up with the gift box WOOT? These were supposed to come in a wood box. This was a gift, and I got the 2 bottles in a cardboard box with a Merry Christmas card.

Fug. Now I need to wrap it? This inhales sharply and creates suction. The box looked like a nice presentation.

looks like that was a mistake. please contact Service@woot.com . sorry about that.

chad1323ross

Winedavid39 wrote:looks like that was a mistake. please contact Service@woot.com . sorry about that.

You sure about that? I don't recall anything about these being packaged in a wooden box...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
desertbird wrote:What's up with the gift box WOOT? These were supposed to come in a wood box. This was a gift, and I got the 2 bottles in a cardboard box with a Merry Christmas card.

what wood box... there's no wood box.. are you thinking about the EHP gift bundle or the Monkey Prize gift pack? Those are the only recent offerings with the wooden box...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

desertbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desertbird

During Checkout there was an option to check a box for "Gift." You then put in the recipients name, and an otion to ship it elswhere. Also advertised it would include a card and the wines packed in a wood box.

I got the card. No wood box. Not a big deal, I gave the wine as a gift, and we popped the cork on one bottle Xmas day with the Prime Rib. NOT bad at all!

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf

Not saying you are wrong, but what I see on the gifting option is:

"... Along with his or her wine gift, the lucky recipient will receive a customized card and a beautiful cardboard box. "
~nothing mentions a wood box~
??

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

psmurf wrote:Not saying you are wrong, but what I see on the gifting option is:

"... Along with his or her wine gift, the lucky recipient will receive a customized card and a beautiful cardboard box. "
~nothing mentions a wood box~
??

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

gsween

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsween

Sent several of these packs as gifts, two to Connecticut. We happened to be visiting recipients this week and both were delivered today (12/29). In one case, one of the two bottles had the cork protruding about 1/2 inch through the foil, and indications of slight leakage onto the "egg crate" packing material they came in. In the other, the two bottles seemed super chilled, with some condensation of ambient air that made the "egg crate" slightly moist. These were relatively pricey wines, compared to earlier woots that I've participated in. Yet, those earlier wines came in fairly impressive styrofoam enclosures that provided both breakage protection as well as temperature protection. These shipments had no protection from the cold, and have obviously been exposed to some pretty low temps en route. Surprised at the shipping QA on this woot, to say the least.

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
Corrado wrote:

Yeah, what you said.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

gsween wrote:Sent several of these packs as gifts, two to Connecticut. We happened to be visiting recipients this week and both were delivered today (12/29). In one case, one of the two bottles had the cork protruding about 1/2 inch through the foil, and indications of slight leakage onto the "egg crate" packing material they came in. In the other, the two bottles seemed super chilled, with some condensation of ambient air that made the "egg crate" slightly moist. These were relatively pricey wines, compared to earlier woots that I've participated in. Yet, those earlier wines came in fairly impressive styrofoam enclosures that provided both breakage protection as well as temperature protection. These shipments had no protection from the cold, and have obviously been exposed to some pretty low temps en route. Surprised at the shipping QA on this woot, to say the least.

I would suggest contacting service@woot.com concerning the shipment with the protruding/leaking corks.

I had a shipment from another winery show up after a weekend of storage in Northeast temps. The internal box (styro) temp was 24F and there was frost on the bottles, but the corks were intact and the wine was liquid.

IMHO, you can speculate all day long about what MAY have happened to a bottle of wine exposed to extreme (high or low) temps if there are no visible signs of damage, but when you can observe something wrong, it's worth contacting the seller to see what their policy is on damage during transit.

gsween

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsween
Corrado wrote:I would suggest contacting service@woot.com concerning the shipment with the protruding/leaking corks.

I had a shipment from another winery show up after a weekend of storage in Northeast temps. The internal box (styro) temp was 24F and there was frost on the bottles, but the corks were intact and the wine was liquid.

IMHO, you can speculate all day long about what MAY have happened to a bottle of wine exposed to extreme (high or low) temps if there are no visible signs of damage, but when you can observe something wrong, it's worth contacting the seller to see what their policy is on damage during transit.

Thanks, Corrado. I did contact service@woot.com and the repsonsiveness has been really great. Due to the super cold condition the "cork issue" pair were delivered in, Jordan at service offered to replace both bottles, even though the second bottle did not have visible issues beyond the cold. I told him about the other CT shipment that was also delivered super cold on the same day, and am hoping that he will also replace those. I sent another three of these as gifts to more southerly and western locations, so I am confident that they did not have the same issues. I still believe that the egg-crate packaging was a suspect choice at this time of year vs the form-fit styro that have seen used in earlier woots. But, I am full of praise for Woot service!

wmpc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmpc

Anyone else not yet receive their wine? Mine has been delayed by several weeks. What's up?

bad speler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bad speler
wmpc wrote:Anyone else not yet receive their wine? Mine has been delayed by several weeks. What's up?

me too

chad1323ross

wmpc wrote:Anyone else not yet receive their wine? Mine has been delayed by several weeks. What's up?

bad speler wrote:me too

Are you in the upper midwest? MN, WI, IL, MI? 'Cause we all ain't gettin' any wine for a while. WD put a hold on all our wine 'til the temps recover a bit. There have been a few folks who've received frozen bottles. All good things in time...

urvi1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urvi1

Ya I'm in IL and no wine yet. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

urvi1 wrote:Ya I'm in IL and no wine yet. Better to be safe than sorry though.

I'm in no position to know for sure, but it's possible that they delayed until after the holidays to ensure a more 'normal' shipping schedule. Holidays always seem to mess up shipping regardless of who you are.

bad speler

I'm in Il too so it looks like an upper midwest thing.

jp9219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jp9219
bad speler wrote:I'm in Il too so it looks like an upper midwest thing.

I just got my delivery date for tomorrow so perhaps these orders are going to start showing up now YEAH!!!

Amador (x2) | Helios (x3) | JanKris (x2) | Roessler (x2) | Wellington Port (x1) | Iron Horse (x1) | Titus (x1) | Ty Caton (x1) | Block 13 (x2) | EHP (x2) | Tooth (x1) | Chase (x1) | InZIN (x1) | Wellington Select (x3) | Mystery (x1) : CT

bad speler

Got mine today. Woot!