Quality Posts

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Titus Vineyards - Two Pack
$59.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Red
product: 2 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon

CT link above. Avg. price $37+ per bottle.
2007-2018 suggested drinking window (YMMV)
Ratings of 85 & 91 don't provide a lot of guidance.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Cesare

quality posts: 1558 Private Messages Cesare

ooh Titus
Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
Cesare wrote:ooh Titus

taut fanny= tight a s s
NICE.

kdjakubs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kdjakubs

I absolutley love this winery! Never had a bad bottle...Thank you WineDavid!

balsam2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balsam2

I bought "Lot 1" last time this winery was featured on woot. VERY solid wine. I hope this one is as good

sbrady22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sbrady22

I still can't get wine shipped to Alabama. How about more cheese or Brandini Toffee would be as acceptable.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

In for a pair.

WD- I would love the opportunity to LabRat this one. Will be home all week

duck833

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duck833

average cost on CT $37, points 89-90.

Save $5 per bottle on average.

good food, good wine, bad girl = great evening

chinchillables

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinchillables

And yet... we have another pair. ;-p too cheap to be good perhaps?

;-p

duck833

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duck833
duck833 wrote:average cost on CT $37, points 89-90.

Save $5 per bottle on average.

In for one, not a great deal but an ok deal. Need a few more Cabs anyway.

good food, good wine, bad girl = great evening

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb

This goes for $39.99 at the Total Wine in Tampa. It's a really solid cab, not as delicious as the Lot 1 but I've never had anything from Titus that I didn't like.

malikar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages malikar

absolutely. I've had it before and it's incredibly good. While I'm not nearly as eloquent when describing wines, here's a very good review: http://thewinespies.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/2005-titus-vineyards-napa-valley-cabernet-sauvignon/

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Awesome - I am in for 1 and this is exactly the type of wine I was wanting.

Its a great week for me to labrat as well as I have Wednesday off and could drink this entire bottle. *wink wink nudge nudge*

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
malikar wrote:absolutely. I've had it before and it's incredibly good. While I'm not nearly as eloquent when describing wines, here's a very good review: http://thewinespies.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/2005-titus-vineyards-napa-valley-cabernet-sauvignon/

guys that are trying to sell the wine usually (usually) are not the least bias reviewers =P

89 PTS ROBERT PARKER, JR. The '05 Titus Cabernet exhibits a sweet bouquet of creme de cassis and black cherries, soft tannin, and an easy-going, broad mouthfeel; drink it over the next 8-12 years.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

First sucker: mill

FTW!

ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis

Had our family holiday get together last night. Enjoyed 11 bottles of woot juice including TC Tytanium, Peter's Noirs de Noirs, and Corison Cab. Best to start a replacement program!! This would be nice to rat for a comparison.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Sooooooooooooo tempted, but I will wait till more people weigh in. This WOULD make a nice gift for my sister and her husband, though.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ltraffis wrote:Had our family holiday get together last night. Enjoyed 11 bottles of woot juice including TC Tytanium, Peter's Noirs de Noirs, and Corison Cab. Best to start a replacement program!! This would be nice to rat for a comparison.

You either have a large or a fun family.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

My wine fridges are overflowing, and I vowed to not purchase any more wine in 2008. WD, you got me with this offer...I'm in. I have no self control.

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

Prngr44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

I'm really wanting these but I got grounded during gift week.

The straw breaking the camel's back was the wine.woot corkscrew when I already have about 10 of the damn things anyway.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
luckyinla wrote:My wine fridges are overflowing, and I vowed to not purchase any more wine in 2008. WD, you got me with this offer...I'm in. I have no self control.

Then is time to drink!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ, upcoming Wine Woots:

cjsiege wrote:Now that I'm on the Left Coast, I'm actually up for once!!!

~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Sunday Edition for the week of December 14

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? Come join us! No gathering? No problem! Propose one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Note: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

December
12/20: NoVA/DC #9: A Break From The Madness Just hangin’ out, relaxin’ under the Wootmas Tree with the homies!
12/28: Chicago #8: Wishing You a Sparkly New Year! The Sparklitariate is invading Chicago! Start posting what you are bringing so Joel can work some culinary magic!

January
1/24: Chicago #9: TMR’s Ultimate WineBid Dinner Party This looks like a crazy good evening! If you haven’t checked the thread lately, you really need to do so.
1/24: NYC #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old Calling all 10+ year old wines…the NYC w.w’ers request your presence at a tasting in your honor in January!
***1/24:NE FL & SE GA #2 The date is tentatively set! Calling all the FL/GA wooters – are you coming???
1/31: NoVA/DC #10 We have a date. Now it’s time to start thinking theme!.
TBD:SoCal #6: The Continuous New Year’s Eve Party The SoCal Wine Wooters want to extend the holidays. Come join them!
TBD: Portland OR #1 Here’s hoping EdTheBedhead can get this gathering coordinated! Post your availability now.

February
2/7: Detroit #4: Sushi Battle …with Sparklies!!!

March
****TBD: NoVA/DC #11 Staggering into Spring!

Looking for some helping hands:
TBD: German Goodness in Rockford, IL Subinsignia is planning Teutonic Festivities at the local Rathskeller! Dates are being discussed, so it’s time to start thinking ahead.
****TBD: Central NC Interest Thread Calling all ACC rivals!!! MaskedMarvel is looking to see if there is interest in holding a W.W Gathering of your own!
****May TBD??: Buffalo/WNY #1 ddeuddeg and bahwm are looking for fellow WNY’ers interested in getting together after the spring thaw.

You just missed:
12/13: NYC #7 – Holiday Tasting 20 people. 20 wines.
~~~ We now return you to your regularly scheduled Cyber Pub ~~~

Remember, if you don't see one close to you, start your own gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

Napa Christmas to you!
Napa Christmas to you!
Napa Christmas to everyone,
Napa Christmas to you!

(wait, that wasn't a Christmas tune!)

In time for the 11:00 deadline to guarantee Christmas delivery ... click the link above for details. Price evaluation based on winery direct price, as is shipping. CT link, CT price breakdown, winery link, blog link (for historical reference) and more included.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

edthebedhead wrote:First sucker: mill

FTW!

He's retied the score with MaskedMarvel. If MM's SIWBM continues he is going to fall back out of this race.

CT | | | | | |

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

mmmmm Titus... loved my Lot 1, the descriptions and reviews tell me about a wine I can enjoy right away and not have to wait on... and at a pretty good price for 05 Nap Cab...

BUT this is where I wish I was psychic and new what was coming because what I don't need in my cellar is more Cab Sav

Ah, who am I kidding, in for 2. Definitely before the deadline!

Edit: Another short review and the cork'd page

p.s. at least tell me we are done with the insanity of the woot-off, for the love of my wallet please!

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

kblais

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kblais
spdrcr05 wrote:

Edit: Another short review and the cork'd page

p.s. at least tell me we are done with the insanity of the woot-off, for the love of my wallet please!

Great. Was resisting until the Eno review with "Made in the classic Bordeaux style". In for two. Would be very pleased to labrat this one!

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

In for two. I'd be happy to labrat this one too. I'll be home. ;)

vwsmaltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwsmaltz

In for 1 - my wife is going to kill me....

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder
vwsmaltz wrote:In for 1 - my wife is going to kill me....

What he said. Couldn't get in on the Lot 1 last time, as NH shipping was a no go. I *hope* the ship-to list is correct!

Dude... wait, what?

boaz38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boaz38

hey, roman general titus sacked jerusalem after they would not put a statue of ceasar in their temple.......he leveled herod's temple, oy. ergo, would this wine would probably sack me and my wallet? so i'm on the fence till a bit of rattus rattus occurs. cya

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45

Not a screaming deal... but... solid napa cab... in for one. Can't resist.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988

In for one. Would love to rat this one (rather have the gf rat it :-) ) Will be home all day tomorrow waiting for my block 13, why not wait for a rat of this at the same time ;-)

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe

In for 1 - Block 13 is being delivered tomorrow so will be around to collect it AND a labrat bottle. Hint Hint Hint

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
clayfu wrote:guys that are trying to sell the wine usually (usually) are not the least bias reviewers =P

89 PTS ROBERT PARKER, JR. The '05 Titus Cabernet exhibits a sweet bouquet of creme de cassis and black cherries, soft tannin, and an easy-going, broad mouthfeel; drink it over the next 8-12 years.

Indeed. Both the reviewer's description and Parker's indicate fruit bomb made for current drinking. The pH and alcohol levels are consistent with that.

Many wooters will undoubtedly like this wine very much. Ty Caton fans especially. Given that I prefer traditionally structured Cabernet Sauvignon wines built to age 20 years, with lower alcohol, lower pH, and more tannin on release (hard to describe, when it's just right - you know it when you see it), I don't think I would be one of them.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

chad1323ross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chad1323ross

Titus Vineyards - Two Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.017s

Last wooter to woot: chad1323ross

Couldn't resist the Titus. In for one and ready, willing, and able to LaBrat!

222 bottles and counting.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

My wallet appreciates the fact that I can get this at Total Wine. Not as cheaply, but directly. It's a good one!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

platanutre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages platanutre

Ugh...looks like the g/f wont get any christmas presents this year....

jwhite6114

rpm wrote:Indeed. Both the reviewer's description and Parker's indicate fruit bomb made for current drinking. The pH and alcohol levels are consistent with that.

Many wooters will undoubtedly like this wine very much. Ty Caton fans especially. Given that I prefer traditionally structured Cabernet Sauvignon wines built to age 20 years, with lower alcohol, lower pH, and more tannin on release (hard to describe, when it's just right - you know it when you see it), I don't think I would be one of them.

I appreciate the comparison to some wines with which many of us are familiar. As much as I do like many of TC's wines, his Cab Sauv is not one of my fav's. How would you compare your expectation of the Titus to something like Corrison?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

platanutre wrote:Ugh...looks like the g/f wont get any christmas presents this year....

Seeing as she is a g/f, and not a SWMBO, it can't really be all that serious anyway, right? Seems, then, that wine is the correct choice.

CT | | | | | |