cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
redwinefan wrote:Looks like it's available from a number of online sites for between $50-$70 a bottle (not sure about shipping), so $172 for 3 isn't a screaming bargain unless you are using up vouchers purchased at half off.

Additionally I have not seen any reviews of the wine either so I can't tell if it would even be any good. At this price is is more expensive than the justlyn and I'm betting that it's not that good.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

martinkey4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinkey4

Any more Lot18 deals out there today? It feels odd that I'm expected to pay even dollar for something after the past week of fun.

Wine and wenches empty men's purses
English Proverb
CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
martinkey4 wrote:Any more Lot18 deals out there today? It feels odd that I'm expected to pay even dollar for something after the past week of fun.

I'm not finding anything. Maybe they're taking a few days off to assess the damage while they quickly jack up the prices of the wine on their site to make up for the vouchers

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree

I found this website that summarizes the Groupon deals and a lot of the Groupon-wannabe sites. There is a subsection for "Wine, Coffee, & Tea".

http://www.citiesonthecheap.com

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Interesting that Wine Shopper has the L'Ecole 41 Cab 2007 for $25 and Lot 18 has the same Cab for $45 for two bottles.

Z

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
zmanonice wrote:Interesting that Wine Shopper has the L'Ecole 41 Cab 2007 for $25 and Lot 18 has the same Cab for $45 for two bottles.

Z

Ive got a case coming at just over $11 a bottle shipped. Still have not seen any tasting notes.
Got an email from lot16 offering a $10 credit for a glitch in their system for my last(4 btl) order. The order seemed to go thru fine as it was registered in my order history. So maybe another $10?
Ive never seen anything like this and you know what they say if it sounds to good to be true.
Im a little anxious about my $300 credits since its an indirect purchase.

hunterjaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog

FYI - WTSO has a Pillar Rock Vineyard Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 for $40/each (free shipping on 2 or more bottles). My Christmas shopping is done.

EDIT - Deal is dead

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
bud8jr wrote:Ive never seen anything like this and you know what they say if it sounds to good to be true.
Im a little anxious about my $300 credits since its an indirect purchase.

Yeah, I'm dying to burn my credits but the last 3 deals won't ship to GA. I even bought 4 of the Big-Easy-BOMBs just in case the party ends early.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

redwinefan

I guess I'm a sucker for these Old World Winery style wines, since I just went in for 4 of the field blend using my credits. They were burning a hole in virtual wallet.

I also just received my Old World Sterling Vineyard pinots from Lot18 which I haven't even cracked into, but I've got one on tap to open tonight.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:I guess I'm a sucker for these Old World Winery style wines, since I just went in for 4 of the field blend using my credits. They were burning a hole in virtual wallet.

I also just received my Old World Sterling Vineyard pinots from Lot18 which I haven't even cracked into, but I've got one on tap to open tonight.

I thought about that FB. Any thoughts on it or the producer in general?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:I thought about that FB. Any thoughts on it or the producer in general?

Here's an interesting article I found about them: Old World Winery

I'll let you know what I think of the Pinot from them sometime this weekend. From what I can tell, all of their wines are done in a lower alcohol style. The Field Blend blend looks intriguing to me and different from anything in my cellar at this point.

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:Here's an interesting article I found about them: Old World Winery

I'll let you know what I think of the Pinot from them sometime this weekend. From what I can tell, all of their wines are done in a lower alcohol style. The Field Blend blend looks intriguing to me and different from anything in my cellar at this point.

In for 4! Mineral-y, gamey, coffee. Mmmmm.

Ha! It has been a crazy 2 weeks of wine buying!

Thanks to those credits, that's 6 bottles of wine for about $31 = $5 per bottle. WIN!

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:In for 4! Mineral-y, gamey, coffee. Mmmmm.

Thanks to those credits, that's 6 bottles of wine for about $31 = $5 per bottle. WIN!

It has been a great few weeks. Plus, I piled into the Esoterica today as well. My new wine cooler is pretty much filled, so I better start drinking faster or ordering slower.

I keep thinking that these days of cheap and good wines will probably end in a few years, and I'll be thankful to have stockpiled when the getting was good. I'm like a squirrel saving up his nuts for winter

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
kylemittskus wrote:In for 4! Mineral-y, gamey, coffee. Mmmmm.

Looks like you bought some VDDD wine:

"Darek takes a “Plant Positive” approach to his vineyards. Instead of trying to kill pests with pesticides, he focuses on building the health of the vines to fight back. Sometimes this vitality is induced with unusual preparations involving sea kelp or compost, as well as fostering biodiversity amidst the plant life. Indeed, Darek is a certified biodynamic farmer, and he staffs each of his vineyard sites with growers who embrace these growing principles."

Welcome to the dark side. Be sure to write back!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

hunterjaydog

What is VDDD wine?

kylemittskus

merbill wrote:Looks like you bought some VDDD wine: Welcome to the dark side. Be sure to write back!

No!!!!!!!

kylemittskus

hunterjaydog wrote:What is VDDD wine?

Voodoo Doodoo = wines biodynamically farmed. Quack science BS.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Invino, today, has some new offerings of sets of 3, 6 and 12 packs, which look pretty interesting. The down side is that within each offering, THEY will randomly select which of the wines they ship to you.

jhkey

Hook & Ladder 2008 Cab up on Lot18 - did anyone get the woot offering from earlier? I think it was a previous vintage.

EDIT: Looks like some positive comments all around, although it was a completely different Cab.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

davisryan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davisryan
jmdavidson wrote:Invino, today, has some new offerings of sets of 3, 6 and 12 packs, which look pretty interesting. The down side is that within each offering, THEY will randomly select which of the wines they ship to you.

Does anyone have experience with Invino? I just moved to Indiana. Invino will ship to me but Woot won't.

jmdavidson

davisryan wrote:Does anyone have experience with Invino? I just moved to Indiana. Invino will ship to me but Woot won't.

I recently bought:
(2) 2001 Fattoria Rodano Chianti Classico Riserva Viacosta *Shipping Incl'd. on 2
(2) 2001 Vignamaggio Chianti Classico Riserva Castello Di Mona Lisa *Shipping Incl'd. on 2

Both are really really nice, were offered at a great price and were shipped timely. So, no issues from me.

davisryan

jmdavidson wrote:I recently bought:
(2) 2001 Fattoria Rodano Chianti Classico Riserva Viacosta *Shipping Incl'd. on 2
(2) 2001 Vignamaggio Chianti Classico Riserva Castello Di Mona Lisa *Shipping Incl'd. on 2

Both are really really nice, were offered at a great price and were shipped timely. So, no issues from me.

Good to hear. I might have bought those two as well if I had seen them. Looks like some Australian shiraz will be offered soon.

jhkey

davisryan wrote:Does anyone have experience with Invino? I just moved to Indiana. Invino will ship to me but Woot won't.

Invino is great. Very quick shipping. If you do have any issues, just email them and they will take care of it. Great customer service.

BTW, the shipping for wine at woot is based on the specific winery, not on woot. So you may have some wineries that do ship to Indiana and some that don't.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

hunterjaydog

hunterjaydog wrote:FYI - WTSO has a Pillar Rock Vineyard Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 for $40/each (free shipping on 2 or more bottles). My Christmas shopping is done.

EDIT - Deal is dead

Back on-for now.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

Invino

No complaints on invino, aside from woot, they're probably my favorite place to get wine.

I do wish that you had the choice which of the wines from the packs you would receive on the current deal that's going on, but I guess it doesn't matter as I can't buy anything right now anyway. :b

CT Updating, please wait....

unwoofer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unwoofer

www.grapeswine.com has some Atlas Peak wines on sale. Thoughts?

2003 Atlas Peak Cab VEEDER $24
2003 Atlas Peak Cab SPRING $23
2004 Atlas Peak Cab SPRING $39

My finger is hoovering over the buy now button, but I suspect another case of wine means I will be storing it under the guest bed until the next party.

http://www.grapeswine.com/advanced_search_result.php?x=0&y=0&keywords=atlas+peak

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:Voodoo Doodoo = wines biodynamically farmed. Quack science BS.

So, is the consensus that this sort of thing negatively affects the end quality/taste of the wine? I still have yet to open my Old World stuff, but I don't think I've had any other biodynamically farmed wines yet, so this may be my first.

I do have to commend Lot18 on their super quick shipping. They seem to have the edge vs every other wine deal site in this department. I think my Old World Field Blend even shipped out same day.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

for those of you that enjoy Kunde reds, a big deal on '05 merlot on WTSO as I type.

davisryan

jhkey wrote:
BTW, the shipping for wine at woot is based on the specific winery, not on woot. So you may have some wineries that do ship to Indiana and some that don't.

That is supposedly true, but I haven't seen one yet on Woot that ships to Indiana. Wine.com doesn't ship to Indiana either.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
davisryan wrote:That is supposedly true, but I haven't seen one yet on Woot that ships to Indiana. Wine.com doesn't ship to Indiana either.

The brick and mortar outlets in your state most likely contribute and lobby your state politicans to keep out mail order competition.

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:So, is the consensus that this sort of thing negatively affects the end quality/taste of the wine?

Certainly not. Some of us, PS and myself among the most vocal, just choose not to support illogical, (IMO) outright Jatravartid practices. Further, I feel that at times, I would be paying a higher price because of the BD practices, i.e.: "organic" foods. There is a Random Ramblings called "The Big O" or something along those lines, as well as a thread, "A Civil Discourse on Biodynamics" if you're interested. Can't link easily as I'm on my droid.

voidxyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voidxyz
McMalbec wrote:for those of you that enjoy Kunde reds, a big deal on '05 merlot on WTSO as I type.

what is the quality of the '05 merlot?

cmaldoon

Any thoughts on the hook and ladder reserve Pinot on lot 18? I loved the Davis family pinot on woot a month ago and it was also russian river/Sonoma coast. Not a huge fan of pinots but I am tempted to jump with credits

My Cellar

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
McMalbec wrote:for those of you that enjoy Kunde reds, a big deal on '05 merlot on WTSO as I type.

I just saw kunde 05 (i think reserve) in Hollywood Ralphs for $18

jmdavidson

Lot 18 has a 2007 Epiphany PS up today. Any thoughts from any PS drinkers, especially now that the KR is SOLD OUT?

cmaldoon

Given that there are 4 posts left until this thread reaches 100 pages (3 now) and that this is reportedly a bad thing for some, I have started a " New Deals on Other Wines and Accessories" thread for everyone's use. Enjoy!

My Cellar

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
richardhod wrote:I just saw kunde 05 (i think reserve) in Hollywood Ralphs for $18

Too far away from Ralph's to look but was that a 750 or a mag?

keni805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keni805

Lot18 credits $60 for $25
https://www.buywithme.com/ref/ENK5ZBFY
Offer is on the right side bar.
Enter 47X23B for 20% off!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi Guys & Gals. Just a few words from our servers. They start getting a bit testy when active threads get up in the old page count so we try to limit them to about 100 pages.

So this thread is now closed but that doesn't mean we're closing the conversation. In fact, one industrious soul has already got the new thread going for you, so head on over.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders