davisryan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davisryan

Dillard's has Schott Zwiesel Tritan wine glasses for 25% off plus additional 50% off today only in store. The ones I got are normally $9.99 each and were on sale for $3.74. They generally get good reviews on Amazon, especially for being break-resistant.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

An invite-only shopping site I belong to will be having a Corison wine offering on Jan 6th; from the looks of it a 2003-2005 Cab Sauv vertical and the same for the Kronos CS. No prices until it goes live, but the site has unbeatable prices on everything, including wine which I've bought from them before.

If you want an invite, pm me your email address.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare
fairnymph wrote:An invite-only shopping site I belong to will be having a Corison wine offering on Jan 6th; from the looks of it a 2003-2005 Cab Sauv vertical and the same for the Kronos CS. No prices until it goes live, but the site has unbeatable prices on everything, including wine which I've bought from them before.

If you want an invite, pm me your email address.

We already know, it's rue la la.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Cesare wrote:We already know, it's rue la la.

Yup, and it's a great site. And I'm looking forward to seeing which Corison packs Rue La La have that day and for what prices. In any case they should be great deals.
Anyone not already a member of Rue La La should click the link above and sign up so you get the notification when the sale starts.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Cesare wrote:We already know, it's rue la la.

Oh! Excellent then.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Cab Franc fans: Gun-Bun at WineSpies today.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

2007 Schug Carneros Estate Carneros Pinot Noir at WineSpies today. Great juice, great price, free shipping with 6, but they don't ship to NY.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:2007 Schug Carneros Estate Carneros Pinot Noir at WineSpies today. Great juice, great price, free shipping with 6, but they don't ship to NY.

Still have room for you. And forced aging. Even willing to share shipment if you don't want six.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Still have room for you. And forced aging. Even willing to share shipment if you don't want six.

You'll like this one: I'm tired, about to head up to bed, but there's this voice from the other side of the room, "Polarbear is an enabler." "What are you talking about?" I ask. It seems I'd forgotten about my post about the Schug PN, but she spotted your reply, and had to call my attention to it. I'd have missed your note until it was too late. Now who's the enabler?
Anyway, thanks for the offer. Half a case on its way to you. We'll negotiate ownership after I've had some sleep. I'll give you a heads up when they notify me with delivery info, so you can get your story ready for your lovely wife.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
ddeuddeg wrote:You'll like this one: I'm tired, about to head up to bed, but there's this voice from the other side of the room, "Polarbear is an enabler." "What are you talking about?" I ask. It seems I'd forgotten about my post about the Schug PN, but she spotted your reply, and had to call my attention to it. I'd have missed your note until it was too late. Now who's the enabler?
Anyway, thanks for the offer. Half a case on its way to you. We'll negotiate ownership after I've had some sleep. I'll give you a heads up when they notify me with delivery info, so you can get your story ready for your lovely wife.

Sounds like PB should be flying his lovely wife out for the Buffalo/WNY tasting and spa weekend. We can supply shuttle service.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:Sounds like PB should be flying his lovely wife out for the Buffalo/WNY tasting and spa weekend. We can supply shuttle service.

I offered. I think she is looking forward to having the house to herself for the weekend. Nothing to do but feed herself, and the dog, and the cat. OK, I'll offer Buffalo again.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

Just a reminder that Cathy Corison will have her great Cabs up on Rue La La in just over an hour.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:I offered. I think she is looking forward to having the house to herself for the weekend. Nothing to do but feed herself, and the dog, and the cat. OK, I'll offer Buffalo again.

Be sure to emphasize the spa.

canestri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canestri
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Just a reminder that Cathy Corison will have her great Cabs up on Rue La La in just over an hour.

These deals are good compared to MSRP. Not so tremendous compared to "market price". Darn woot has me spoiled.

HitAnyKey42

canestri wrote:These deals are good compared to MSRP. Not so tremendous compared to "market price". Darn woot has me spoiled.

LOL. Yeah, I'm holding off on buying for a couple hours. Gonna head to work, do my yoga class, and see what's left at that time. If there is still either the Kronos Mag or the Kronos Vertical left, I will probably go in for one of those.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
canestri wrote:These deals are good compared to MSRP. Not so tremendous compared to "market price". Darn woot has me spoiled.

Does the rue la la price include shipping? Or how much is their shipping?

Because that's the problem with winebid prices on cellartracker - I think most people simply enter the auction price and don't include either the 15% markup or the shipping, which all told seem to bump the price by 50%.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
zTimothyBz wrote:Does the rue la la price include shipping? Or how much is their shipping?

I put a bottle in my cart and checked out-- shipping is $9.95. Not too bad.

edit: the shipping for the 3 bottle vertical is $9.95 also.

Cesare

zTimothyBz wrote:Does the rue la la price include shipping? Or how much is their shipping?

Because that's the problem with winebid prices on cellartracker - I think most people simply enter the auction price and don't include either the 15% markup or the shipping, which all told seem to bump the price by 50%.

50%? No. The 15% is 15% and the shipping to NY works out to around $3 a bottle when you consolidate a case worth. If you buy $5 bottles I guess it could be 50% but stuff like the Corisons I've gotten for around $40 a bottle it's more like 20%.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

hld1970 wrote:I put a bottle in my cart and checked out-- shipping is $9.95. Not too bad.

edit: the shipping for the 3 bottle vertical is $9.95 also.

Shipping is always $9.95 on any quantity of anything they sell. Just like Woot is $5.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

I'm not sure I understand this comment.

When the Kronos was on Wine.Woot, it was $85 a bottle, and people were really happy at that price. Rue La La has a three bottle vertical for $219, which works out to $73 a bottle, which strikes me as a greater bargain. Am I missing something?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Cesare

JOATMON wrote:I'm not sure I understand this comment.

When the Kronos was on Wine.Woot, it was $85 a bottle, and people were really happy at that price. Rue La La has a three bottle vertical for $219, which works out to $73 a bottle, which strikes me as a greater bargain. Am I missing something?

If you look at the regular cab it works out to around $46 a bottle for that 03-04-05 vertical. We paid $30 for the 01 on woot. Winery price is $70. Avg ct values range from $58-$69. I think $46 is still a good deal. "Market price" does NOT equal woot price which on this market price is around $60. I've randomly found it in stores around that price. Even K&L has 2005 currently in stock for $65.
So I agree with you. Both the regular and Kronos are a good deal, especially with flat $9.95 shipping.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

If you buy 3, it's clearly a better deal than what we had on Woot. How many bought 3 when the Kronos was here though?

Edit: 22% bought three, so for them...

Edit Edit: Also the 2002 and 2003 are going for much less than the 2004 it seems, so...

canestri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canestri

My thoughts were that an "invitation only" "super secret" bargain site would offer a more substantial savings. Compared to the few things I've purchased on rll and many of the items I've seen on rll the discounts aren't that fantastic.

Are they good deals? Yes. As mentioned it's a huge deal compared to buying from the winery. However if you're patient and don't mind doing some digging you can do just as well (or close) elsewhere.

Like woot the rll deals that are great sell out fast. I hope I'm proven wrong but these will likely stick around. I don't think I can resist the Kronos magnum much longer.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
mother wrote:If you buy 3, it's clearly a better deal than what we had on Woot. How many bought 3 when the Kronos was here though?

Edit: 22% bought three, so for them...

Edit Edit: Also the 2002 and 2003 are going for much less than the 2004 it seems, so...

List price doesn't seem to reflect that. 2004 and 2002 list at $125, the 2003 for $98.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mother wrote:If you buy 3, it's clearly a better deal than what we had on Woot. How many bought 3 when the Kronos was here though?

*raises hand*

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
JOATMON wrote:List price doesn't seem to reflect that. 2004 and 2002 list at $125, the 2003 for $98.

Found them both for ~$65 doing a 30s google search...

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
Cesare wrote:50%? No. The 15% is 15% and the shipping to NY works out to around $3 a bottle when you consolidate a case worth. If you buy $5 bottles I guess it could be 50% but stuff like the Corisons I've gotten for around $40 a bottle it's more like 20%.

Here's my reality. My last two purchases are single bottles of Corison at $40 and $35. With fees they come to $49.80 and $43.57. After I bought the second bottle got the notice that they shipped just the first bottle - and I am on monthly consolidation - for $13.58. Assuming I don't bid on anything more this month, I'll get a similar charge for the 2nd bottle, that will be a total of $120.53 from 75. So you are correct it's not 50%, it's 60%.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

So if anybody lives in Baltimore - and surely, someone does - Wells Discount Liquor has the 2004 TyTanium on sale for just under $30. "We cannot ship or make deliveries outside of Baltimore City due to state regulations", so most of wooter nation is SOL, but those of you within driving distance should be interested. I'd call first just to be sure, but it looks like quite the deal. The 2004 is a library wine on Ty's website, where he's selling it for $110.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

polarbear22

merbill wrote:So if anybody lives in Baltimore - and surely, someone does - Wells Discount Liquor has the 2004 TyTanium on sale for just under $30. "We cannot ship or make deliveries outside of Baltimore City due to state regulations", so most of wooter nation is SOL, but those of you within driving distance should be interested. I'd call first just to be sure, but it looks like quite the deal. The 2004 is a library wine on Ty's website, where he's selling it for $110.

Good find. I got it at a great deal earlier for about $40, so this is a good price, and a great wine. Now who do I know in Baltimore?

My Cellar

wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified

*cough*no comment*cough*

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

hld1970

polarbear22 wrote:Good find. I got it at a great deal earlier for about $40, so this is a good price, and a great wine. Now who do I know in Baltimore?

I used to. Its a stretch to have my parents go by and pick it up. Ugh.

hld1970

For those of you Costco members, I snapped up a magnum of 2005 Franciscan Magnificat yesterday for $49.97. This got some solid reviews and normally goes for almost twice this price.

Several of the Costco stores brought in magnum towards the holidays to sell. I live in Illinois, so not sure what the mix for other states' stores would be. Just a heads up.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

K&L has Havens Napa Merlot for $6.99/bottle. Smoking deal for those who wished they'd bought more woot juice.

signed.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
canonizer wrote:K&L has Havens Napa Merlot for $6.99/bottle. Smoking deal for those who wished they'd bought more woot juice.

I think I need to make a trip to this K&L. But I'm not supposed to be spending any money. Damnit!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

canonizer

kylemittskus wrote:I think I need to make a trip to this K&L. But I'm not supposed to be spending any money. Damnit!

Don't blame me, blame all the deal alerts I sign up to receive.

signed.

darkcloudinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkcloudinc
canonizer wrote:K&L has Havens Napa Merlot for $6.99/bottle. Smoking deal for those who wished they'd bought more woot juice.

I was tempted to buy some but I remember reading somewhere that there is a chance that this vintage has been tampered by billington.

gcdyersb wrote:The 2005 Napa Merlot is one bottling that Billington supposedly meddled with by changing the final blend. That might be why some bottles are not as good as others. If there's Brett in the wine, that often leads to big bottle variations. Or perhaps Billington had multiple bottling runs from different lots.

This is one I'd approach with caution, just as with the H series wines that were created by Billington. Especially if you cannot tolerate any Brettanomyces. The Carneros wines were Havens' top wines and I'd trust those are OK. But the mid and lower tier wines have more flexibility in blending, probably for the worse if a clueless corporate owner looking to increase production is involved.

Ok, after posting the actual post, It would seem now that it has an even greater chance.

unwoofer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unwoofer

https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?auctionId=101347492

Its likely I am going to be too poor to win,and will be outbid on the auctions, so those of you flush with cash, lots of large format bottles of really good wine for auction here.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

https://www.barclayswine.com/top_12/index.aspx

Our 12 most amazing wines of 2009 delivered in one case at under $12.00 per bottle!

The team at Barclay’s is proud to present our private list with the twelve top selling wines of 2009. These wines, eight reds and four whites, are the ones our own customers selected as their favorites—they bought more of them in 2009 than any other wines. You can get all 12—or just the reds or whites as you prefer—on a one-time basis for only $139.95 plus FREE delivery

canonizer

bud8jr wrote:https://www.barclayswine.com/top_12/index.aspx

Our 12 most amazing wines of 2009 delivered in one case at under $12.00 per bottle!

The team at Barclay’s is proud to present our private list with the twelve top selling wines of 2009. These wines, eight reds and four whites, are the ones our own customers selected as their favorites—they bought more of them in 2009 than any other wines. You can get all 12—or just the reds or whites as you prefer—on a one-time basis for only $139.95 plus FREE delivery

$12/bottle for random reds doesn't sound like much of a deal

signed.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
canonizer wrote:$12/bottle for random reds doesn't sound like much of a deal

Agree. You'd almost certainly be better off buying randomly from your local wine shop in that price range. I've never seen anything interesting from these wine clubs.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.