JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

THE RARE WINE CO.

A Gift of Wine History
Historic Series Madeira Set and Booklet
with special ground and 3-day shipping rates
Today, Madeira is more popular in the United States than in perhaps a century. And no Madeiras have done more to spread the gospel of Madeira's magic than our Historic Series: Charleston Sercial, Boston Bual and New York Malmsey. Through these unique and compelling wines, Americans have learned not only of Madeira's role in U.S. history, but they've had their first brush with the transcendent pleasure that fine Madeira can give.

For the holidays, we are pleased to offer a special gift set--one bottle each of the three Madeiras. These are the same wines featured in The New York Times this morning, in Eric Asimov's The Pour.

We are also pleased to include with each set a four-page booklet explaining a little of Madeira's history in America, along with the wines' origins, styles and uses. The set will be a compelling gift for any wine or history lover.


The Historic Series Madeira 3-bottle Gift Set
with booklet $125
Insured ground shipping available for $8.95 to the West coast.
Special 3-day shipping to the rest of the country is just $18.95.


ORDERING

sales@rarewineco.com

(800) 999-4342 phone | (800) 893-1501 fax
(707) 996-4484 phone | (707) 996-4491 fax

Please note:
Orders received after today's business hours will be processed in the order received before the start of business tomorrow. We will let you know as quickly as possible what we are able to confirm. Orders may be emailed, faxed or left in our sales voice mailbox at extension 300.







Wines may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. All wines are sold in California and title passes to the buyer in California. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside of California. We are not responsible for typographical errors. All items and prices subject to availability. Request a copy of our terms of sale or read them at www.rarewineco.com. An * indicates pre-arrival.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Copied from the LATimes article: The Pleasure Principle in Wine Giving.

Interesting article on gifting wine; the article was a bit too generic I think, but some interesting recs were made at the end:

"One final note: As the industry crawls out of recession, it's not uncommon to find some very prestigious bottlings available at a fraction of their original price. Many wine shops, through special purchases and strategic buying, have acquired a selection of discounted bottlings, often exclusive deals.

At K&L in Hollywood, for example, you can find the 2005 Quinta do Vallado "Reserva," a sumptuous Portuguese red, for $30, nearly half-price. At Wine Expo in Santa Monica, currently all dessert wines are 40% off. At the Wine Exchange, a $70 Port from Niepoort, vintage 2003, is available for $40. Woodland Hills Wine Merchant is selling one of California's best Syrahs, the Rodgers Creek from famed winemaker David Ramey, for $34, about half its original asking price.

Perhaps the deal of the year is at the Wine House, where much of the stock of the defunct Havens Winery was snatched up this fall; all wines from this stunning former Carneros property are less than $20."

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Looking for some exotic meats for the holidays? Elk, rattlesnake, ostrich, kangaroo, musk ox, yak, tiger, lion? It's all on sale here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Schramsberg Vineyards North Coast Blanc de Blanc 2006 at $24.99. Any good?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

burrnini


quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini
ddeuddeg wrote:Looking for some exotic meats for the holidays? Elk, rattlesnake, ostrich, kangaroo, musk ox, yak, tiger, lion? It's all on sale here.



has anyone ordered from here before? i haven't found a good store to buy venison from near me.

they even have lion and tiger meat...i didn't even know you can eat those.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
ddeuddeg wrote:Schramsberg Vineyards North Coast Blanc de Blanc 2006 at $24.99. Any good?



Schramsberg is, IMHO, one of the most underrated bubbly producers here in the States. Have had their cremant, brut rose, and a few others and they have always delivered exceptional QPR.

Connoisseurs Guide to Wine gave it 91:

"This attractive Blanc de Blancs manages at one and the same time to be loaded with character yet remains also on the energetic, well-fruited side. Its aromas are more creamy than "old yeasty" with notes of chalk and vanilla sitting in for the toasty notes that come with longer aged wines. Firm and abundant in its foamy, insistent mousse, this buoyant wine has the richness to go with foods like chicken in cream sauces and the acidity to make it a stellar mate to tangy shellfish dishes."

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Florida only warm deals at abcfinewineandspirits.com

if you go to the sale sections, ship to store(free) and add HOLIDAY1 code (for $5 off) once only. its a good deal.

i got the eventide shiraz for $2.50 after coupon. at $7.50 its still not a bad deal.


geraghms


quality posts: 1 Private Messages geraghms

As an aside for the Ty Caton-loving crowd here...I see that WTSO (www.wtso.com) is selling 2006 Cab for $19.99/bottle, and free ground shipping if 4 are purchased. Assuming it will sell out shortly...

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Ty Caton on WTSO.

signed.

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
ddeuddeg wrote:Schramsberg Vineyards North Coast Blanc de Blanc 2006 at $24.99. Any good?



I don't really check deals over the weekend. I definitely would have ordered had I seen it.

signed.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
canonizer wrote:I don't really check deals over the weekend. I definitely would have ordered had I seen it.



It didn't last long. By the time I finished waffling, it was gone. The good news is that most of the waffling was because of the quantity of sparklers already in the cellar.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
geraghms wrote:As an aside for the Ty Caton-loving crowd here...I see that WTSO (www.wtso.com) is selling 2006 Cab for $19.99/bottle, and free ground shipping if 4 are purchased. Assuming it will sell out shortly...



You had this up 3 minutes before my email notice about it. Tough life, being at the end of the alphabet.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

twowootthree


quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
geraghms wrote:As an aside for the Ty Caton-loving crowd here...I see that WTSO (www.wtso.com) is selling 2006 Cab for $19.99/bottle, and free ground shipping if 4 are purchased. Assuming it will sell out shortly...



Is it a beta site, because I'm encountering all sorts of errors. I got the shipping address for Ari Weinberg. Then, address, e-mail and phone info for Micaela Cadotte. I tried placing an order, and it switches my quantity back and forth from 4 to 6. Then, I get stuck in a loop and can't finish my order.

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
twowootthree wrote:Is it a beta site, because I'm encountering all sorts of errors. I got the shipping address for Ari Weinberg. Then, address, e-mail and phone info for Micaela Cadotte. I tried placing an order, and it switches my quantity back and forth from 4 to 6. Then, I get stuck in a loop and can't finish my order.



Yeah, I got the same people's data. Kind of alarming -- my data could be up next. (I did manage to put in an order for 4.)

editing to say that I signed out of those people's accts as each showed up on my screen, and eventually was able to sign up in my own name. My order seems to have gone through properly.

gregorylane


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Not to steal a thread, but Ty Caton 2006 Sonoma Cab is on WTSO right now for $20 & with 4 you get free shipping.

(edit) Sorry, didn't read the thread first!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

gregorylane


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
twowootthree wrote:Is it a beta site, because I'm encountering all sorts of errors. I got the shipping address for Ari Weinberg. Then, address, e-mail and phone info for Micaela Cadotte. I tried placing an order, and it switches my quantity back and forth from 4 to 6. Then, I get stuck in a loop and can't finish my order.



I've been in for about 4 of these and never experienced a problem...do they list a contact? Try that.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

twowootthree


quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
gregorylane wrote:I've been in for about 4 of these and never experienced a problem...do they list a contact? Try that.



I received an e-mail confirmation for ordering 4 bottles for Ari Weinberg, which is not me. I responded back to info@tillsoldout.com. I hope they can sort this out.

ETA: oh great, now I have an e-mail confirmation for John Barto. I hope all these people are not going to get wine on my tab. Good thing I used a special credit card that I use specifically for unknown websites.

gregorylane


quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
twowootthree wrote:I received an e-mail confirmation for ordering 4 bottles for Ari Weinberg, which is not me. I responded back to info@tillsoldout.com. I hope they can sort this out.

ETA: oh great, now I have an e-mail confirmation for John Barto. I hope all these people are not going to get wine on my tab. Good thing I used a special credit card that I use specifically for unknown websites.



I think I'm starting to agree with you...I've got an order confirmation number from the actual order, but no reply confirm...they usually do that pronto. Might be a hitch in their git' along!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

geraghms


quality posts: 1 Private Messages geraghms
gregorylane wrote:I think I'm starting to agree with you...I've got an order confirmation number from the actual order, but no reply confirm...they usually do that pronto. Might be a hitch in their git' along!



I've ordered from their site before without incident...got quite a few bottles of Ty '06 Cab last time it was on in Oct for $21.99/bottle. Quite tasty and if I had room in the cellar, would have doubled down.

That said, see it's gone now.

twowootthree


quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
twowootthree wrote:I received an e-mail confirmation for ordering 4 bottles for Ari Weinberg, which is not me. I responded back to info@tillsoldout.com. I hope they can sort this out.

ETA: oh great, now I have an e-mail confirmation for John Barto. I hope all these people are not going to get wine on my tab. Good thing I used a special credit card that I use specifically for unknown websites.



Last night, I got an e-mail back from WTSO. They said that my account placed two orders. Something tells me that those two orders really belong to Ari Weinberg and John Barto. I sent another e-mail back to WTSO; still waiting for a response.

I clicked on their Privacy Policy page, and it's blank. No surprise there.

RaiderSPE


quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Speaking of WTSO. Does anyone find it funny how they have the shipping worded. They say -

Our Price(Delivered): $13.99

But then to the right they usually say buy 4 get free shipping, but isn't it already included in the $13.99. Maybe i am just dense but this is def. misleading.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
RaiderSPE wrote:Speaking of WTSO. Does anyone find it funny how they have the shipping worded. They say -

Our Price(Delivered): $13.99

But then to the right they usually say buy 4 get free shipping, but isn't it already included in the $13.99. Maybe i am just dense but this is def. misleading.



I agree. We need our code monkeys to figure out free shipping for one bottle, like we do at CW.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

twowootthree


quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
twowootthree wrote:Last night, I got an e-mail back from WTSO. They said that my account placed two orders. Something tells me that those two orders really belong to Ari Weinberg and John Barto. I sent another e-mail back to WTSO; still waiting for a response.

I clicked on their Privacy Policy page, and it's blank. No surprise there.



Still no response. I guess WTSO doesn't really care that two strangers placed orders under my account. The orders have shipped, but not to me. The good news is that my credit card has not been charged. I guess my order was never placed due to the system problems.

Cesare


quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Scott Harvey 50% off sale. Dec 26-28.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MoscowMidnight


quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight
twowootthree wrote:Still no response. I guess WTSO doesn't really care that two strangers placed orders under my account. The orders have shipped, but not to me. The good news is that my credit card has not been charged. I guess my order was never placed due to the system problems.



Caveat emptor. Particularly re: some retail vendors.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
Cesare wrote:Scott Harvey 50% off sale. Dec 26-28.



Has anybody had the Forte? I was thinking about going in for some...

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
hld1970 wrote:Has anybody had the Forte? I was thinking about going in for some...


We enjoyed it. Nice port, and good price at 50% off. Check shipping, as it is an odd size.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Enkidu Wines Diener Ranch Red Hills Petite Sirah 2006 at the other site for $23.99. Anyone know anything about it?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
ddeuddeg wrote:Enkidu Wines Diener Ranch Red Hills Petite Sirah 2006 at the other site for $23.99. Anyone know anything about it?



Looks like it retails for around $34 and took a San Fransisco Chronicle Silver Medal in the PS category.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

danielf80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielf80

2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
danielf80 wrote:2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009




Hey! Isn't that the one everyone was raving about, that woot tried to get but failed?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
danielf80 wrote:2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009


Not bad. They only want $9 for ground shipping to CT.

I will need to look at the wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ckeilah wrote:Hey! Isn't that the one everyone was raving about, that woot tried to get but failed?


Never mind. Scanned the current thread and saw WD's post saying it is not coming.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darkcloudinc


quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkcloudinc
danielf80 wrote:2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009

Wow, that is just phenomenal. I'm very tempted to buy some, but for now, I'll see what the next woot is about.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Not bad. They only want $9 for ground shipping to CT.

I will need to look at the wine.



$9 to Buffalo for half a case! Wow! How will you look at it before it arrives?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
danielf80 wrote:2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009



Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966). I may need to grab some.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JOATMON wrote:THE RARE WINE CO.

A Gift of Wine History
Historic Series Madeira Set and Booklet
with special ground and 3-day shipping rates
Today, Madeira is more popular in the United States than in perhaps a century. And no Madeiras have done more to spread the gospel of Madeira's magic than our Historic Series: Charleston Sercial, Boston Bual and New York Malmsey. Through these unique and compelling wines, Americans have learned not only of Madeira's role in U.S. history, but they've had their first brush with the transcendent pleasure that fine Madeira can give.

For the holidays, we are pleased to offer a special gift set--one bottle each of the three Madeiras. These are the same wines featured in The New York Times this morning, in Eric Asimov's The Pour.

We are also pleased to include with each set a four-page booklet explaining a little of Madeira's history in America, along with the wines' origins, styles and uses. The set will be a compelling gift for any wine or history lover.


The Historic Series Madeira 3-bottle Gift Set
with booklet $125
Insured ground shipping available for $8.95 to the West coast.
Special 3-day shipping to the rest of the country is just $18.95.


ORDERING

sales@rarewineco.com

(800) 999-4342 phone | (800) 893-1501 fax
(707) 996-4484 phone | (707) 996-4491 fax

Please note:
Orders received after today's business hours will be processed in the order received before the start of business tomorrow. We will let you know as quickly as possible what we are able to confirm. Orders may be emailed, faxed or left in our sales voice mailbox at extension 300.







Wines may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. All wines are sold in California and title passes to the buyer in California. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside of California. We are not responsible for typographical errors. All items and prices subject to availability. Request a copy of our terms of sale or read them at www.rarewineco.com. An * indicates pre-arrival.



You're a bad man. You keep tempting me with this. Fine. Make me buy a set before the year is up. Evil I say! Evil!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
danielf80 wrote:2006 Haven's Black and Blue for $17 a bottle.

http://www.bpwine.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2712y2009



Thanks for the heads up- I bought 4 bottles.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

PetiteSirah


quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

If anybody else wants to order some, I'd love to piggyback 2 or 3 bottles. Just let me know!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!


"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

Does great wine-sipping music count as an "accessory"?

Unbelievable $2.00 Chopin bargain download from amazon:

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/7063552b-a135-4566-84ee-5e3cd8fbeff5/the-99-most-essential-chopin-masterpieces-amazon-mp3-download#1

Listening now.... it's very good.

Back To Top