RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Thanks for you input. I tend to only come out of WM with the one white(other than Riesling) that I drink, so i am right there with ya on the WM prices.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
gcdyersb wrote:Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of World Market for wine. Lots of cheap stuff, but rarely is it the best price and almost all of it is made in huge quantities. So generally missing the mark on both value and quality.

Agree on the rather pedestrian selection and agree on the prices, even "sale" prices being unimpressive.

As to the prices, however, if you get to know the wine manager, he/she may be willing to give you advance notice of when they are holding otherwise unannounced clearances...when only a sign goes up on the day planned "While they last...(price)".....sometimes on reds, sometimes on whites, sometimes to make room for new selections of various kinds. I've gotten quite a number of bottles of party wine or everyday drinkers at 40% or more off at such times.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Mumms the word....specials such as free shipping on $100 purchases (for anyone I believe)and other specials for Club members (30% off anything as I recall).

Cheers!!

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Opps. Too late. Bahwm may be thankful.

I appreciate the thought, good buddy. If I'd wanted it badly enough, I'd have taken a chance on having it shipped it to you without checking. Worst case, I lose and you get to enjoy some nice juice.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

Nice, very interesting Italian red tonight on Cindy Wine, under $15, free shipping for 3.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:I appreciate the thought, good buddy. If I'd wanted it badly enough, I'd have taken a chance on having it shipped it to you without checking. Worst case, I lose and you get to enjoy some nice juice.

Told you before, not a risk. Long way to go before you take up too much space.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Cesare

quality posts: 1643 Private Messages Cesare

Ty Caton 50% off sale

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Told you before, not a risk. Long way to go before you take up too much space.

As you well know, just kidding about the risk. But not when I assure you the same goes for you. Every now and then, the Nutmeggers are not on the ship to list.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Discount codes for Wines & Makers:

wam - 20% off
chardonnay - 15% off plus free shipping

They have some familiar Woot wineries like Pedroncelli and Iron Horse as well as a ton of Sonoma wines, especially Zins. Plus the owner Kevin Kennedy does an excellent job with customer service.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Over at RueLaLa, Swanson Vineyards with some really pretty stuff!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:As you well know, just kidding about the risk. But not when I assure you the same goes for you. Every now and then, the Nutmeggers are not on the ship to list.

Really tempted on the Scott Harvey today. I decided to pass. It helped later when I recalled that I have Old Vine Zin, Cathedral and Angel Ice coming on a split case with a co-worker. No overlap, but plenty of good Scott Harvey wines.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
twowootthree wrote:Cameron Hughes has a 15% off sale for everything in their store. Good til Tuesday. As mentioned on their website, coupon code: 15CHEERS9. Free shipping still applies for 12 bottles or more (in increments of 6).

http://chwine.com

Cameron Hughes' 15% off sale extended to Sunday the 13th.

nataleerae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nataleerae
ddeuddeg wrote:Another Scott Harvey creation from Astrale e Terra, an '03 Atlas Peak Cab posted on Wine Spies. Of course, they still don't ship to NY, although they say they're working on it. Fools.

I can personally ship to NY from the winery if you are interested in the Astrale e Terra Cabernet Sauvignon. Please send me an email if you are!

Natalie Bullion
Astrale e Terra
natalie@astraleeterra.com

polarbear22

nataleerae wrote:I can personally ship to NY from the winery if you are interested in the Astrale e Terra Cabernet Sauvignon. Please send me an email if you are!

Natalie Bullion
Astrale e Terra
natalie@astraleeterra.com

Zing!! Now D-dog doesn't know what to do. Order more? Or wait for a really cheap deal and ship to his loyal CT wootlegger.

My Cellar

laxdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad

WineAccess has the 2007 Dutton-Goldfield Freestone Hill PN - this is an outstanding PN from the past several vintages. I buy a case at a time so I have downed more than a few. The WA offer with 20% off coupon code FREESTONE415 is about $50 less than ordering a full case from the winery (Edit: actually about $80 less). Free shipping on 4 bottles or more from WA as well.

If you have not stocked up on all kinds of 2007 wines (what a vintage!), here is your chance to get a fantastic PN that ages very well.

Love the D-G zins as well, at the last party we had it won "best wine" from about 14 of 18 red wine drinkers. Sucked my cellar dry, sheesh.

ddeuddeg

Wine.com has a charming Veuve Clicquot traveler kit with a Neoprene insulated leather case holding a bottle of V-C and a pair of flutes for $69.99 ($20 off), and $5 flat rate shipping. Not that anyone has any money left after gift week/2 day woot-off.

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Zing!! Now D-dog doesn't know what to do. Order more? Or wait for a really cheap deal and ship to his loyal CT wootlegger.

Stuff and nonsense! D-Dog always knows what to do with an opportunity like this: grab it!
It's all well and good to have an unimpeachably loyal nutmegger wootlegger with apparently unlimited storage capacity, but it's necessary to make sure to have the ability to transport it all home when we finally connect.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
ddeuddeg wrote:Stuff and nonsense! D-Dog always knows what to do with an opportunity like this: grab it!
It's all well and good to have an unimpeachably loyal nutmegger wootlegger with apparently unlimited storage capacity, but it's necessary to make sure to have the ability to transport it all home when we finally connect.

And it doubles as a safety device to let drivers see you as you wander the streets drunk at night!

CT

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Zing!! Now D-dog doesn't know what to do. Order more? Or wait for a really cheap deal and ship to his loyal CT wootlegger.

OK, now that you've goaded me into buying another half case of wine, you'll have to pay another visit, and help me drink it.

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:OK, now that you've goaded me into buying another half case of wine, you'll have to pay another visit, and help me drink it.

Sounds like a plan.

My Cellar

polarbear22

This one may go back a while.

Highway 12 (Generations of Sonoma) is offering a special package of three wines. Cabernet, Chardonnay and their Late Harvest Aleatico for $49 including tax and shipping.

Online Order

If you order by 12/14 they guarantee Christmas delivery.

Many of us remember their Field Blend, which is excellent. I have enjoyed earlier vintages of their Cab. This Chard will be the Nueva, I think. Which is a more CA style Chard with MLF, etc. The LH Aleatico is fantastic. (Although I have not had this vintage.) Aleatico is related to Muscat and has similar aromas. But at only 5% residual sugar, just slightly sweet. (The KR LH Viognier is 35% RS.) Real easy to refill the glass.

At $69.50 retail before tax and shipping, this seems to be a woot worthy deal.

My Cellar

cheron98

Silver Oak Cellars available now on RueLaLa!

Not a lot of option, but they're sure pretty.

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker

I am not sure if someone else has mentioned this but Trader Joes has a limited supply of a decent wine at a steal of a price.

The wine is FIFE and they have a CS, Zin, PS and a Cuvee. The Cuvee and CS are awesome and the Zin is quite good. I have not tried the PS but assume it is equally as good.

The price is $6.99 a bottle but drinks more like a 25-30 bottle. This stuff blows 2buck chuck out of the water.

The lore I heard is that Fife is going out of business (due to a divorce?) and the owner offloaded the entire stock to TJoes. Apparently once it is gone, it's gone for good. Get it while you can.

Cesare

mbecker wrote:I am not sure if someone else has mentioned this but Trader Joes has a limited supply of a decent wine at a steal of a price.

The wine is FIFE and they have a CS, Zin, PS and a Cuvee. The Cuvee and CS are awesome and the Zin is quite good. I have not tried the PS but assume it is equally as good.

The price is $6.99 a bottle but drinks more like a 25-30 bottle. This stuff blows 2buck chuck out of the water.

The lore I heard is that Fife is going out of business (due to a divorce?) and the owner offloaded the entire stock to TJoes. Apparently once it is gone, it's gone for good. Get it while you can.

Some more information:
Chowhound
A wine blog

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Cesare wrote:Some more information:
Chowhound
A wine blog

Anyone else had it? Should I grab some?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

kylemittskus wrote:Anyone else had it? Should I grab some?

yes

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:yes

Wow. I don't remember those at all. Thanks brother.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
mbecker wrote:I am not sure if someone else has mentioned this but Trader Joes has a limited supply of a decent wine at a steal of a price.

He's divorcing Karen McNeil? The redhead of Redhead Vineyard and winebible scribe? So sad!

Pre-nup, people, pre-nup.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

Cesare

kylemittskus wrote:Wow. I don't remember those at all. Thanks brother.

I ordered them. According to my ct, I liked the ps, the syrah was ok, the rosé was eh.

PetiteSirah wrote:He's divorcing Karen McNeil? The redhead of Redhead Vineyard and winebible scribe? So sad!

Pre-nup, people, pre-nup.

I'm not sure about that. The research I did turned up bankruptcy stuff, nothing about divorce.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:I'm not sure about that. The research I did turned up bankruptcy stuff, nothing about divorce.

Plan for the worst!

mbecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbecker
Cesare wrote:I'm not sure about that. The research I did turned up bankruptcy stuff, nothing about divorce.

Yah my info was not reliable at all...TJ worker. The way he told it was the bankruptcy was a result of the divorce....again just unsubstantiated rumor.

cheron98

In case this isn't enough bubbly for you - Domaine Chandon on RueLaLa, happening now!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Didn't someone like the 2003 Poesia?

It's up with free ground shipping on Wine Library as one of their 100+ wines with free ground shipping.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
cheron98 wrote:In case this isn't enough bubbly for you - Domaine Chandon on RueLaLa, happening now!

Dang it, I keep staring at the DKNY ... the magnums would be nice for parties too but I finally talked myself past that as I think the main appeal for would be the large format. The DKNY though, I really want to try.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

More from Andretti -

Rich Reds to Give & Receive
$100/Case Specials

Give the gift of 12 bottles of one of our top selling wines.
Perfect to give this season to any wine lover on your list or yourself! Available thru 12/16/09.

Andretti Selections Series 2006 Merlot
$100.00/case (regular price: $324.00)

Andretti Selections Series 2006
Cabernet Sauvignon
$100.00/case (regular price: $372.00)

* Order by 12.15.09 for Christmas delivery. No promotional code required. Special pricing valid online and at our Napa Valley Tasting Room through 12.16.09, 11:59pm PST. Sorry, no further discounts apply. This special wine value is based on inventory availability.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

From Chase:

Next week is Christmas and you know there will be a few last minute gift needs. With limited time to shop and most of us on limited budget, Pam and I decided to make it easy to have some Chase wine on hand for last minute gifts or to toast the holidays with.

Order now until Friday December 18 and receive 33% off any purchase of six bottles or more on any of the wines on the website. In the spirit of the season we are putting up some wines that were previously unvailable online including at least one vintage of our Hayne Vineyard Reseve Zinfandel.

Click Here To Order

If you have any questions or trouble ordering, just reply to this email and I'll make sure you get your holiday wine delivered on time.

Thanks and Happy Holiday!!!!

Jeff

CT

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
joelsisk wrote:More from Andretti -

Rich Reds to Give & Receive
$100/Case Specials

Unfortunately, shipping to GA is $56.50/case.

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0

Loweeel,

any thoughts on the PS offered by WL today?

2005 Carver Sutro Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard

http://winelibrary.com/wines/37186-2005+Carver+Sutro+Petite+Sirah+Palisades+Vineyard+750ML

"So here is the offer to save some money use the code: THNXGARYV and get it for $29.99 and free shipping on 6 bottle orders or more"

Cesare

brinkmann0 wrote:Loweeel,

any thoughts on the PS offered by WL today?

2005 Carver Sutro Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard

http://winelibrary.com/wines/37186-2005+Carver+Sutro+Petite+Sirah+Palisades+Vineyard+750ML

"So here is the offer to save some money use the code: THNXGARYV and get it for $29.99 and free shipping on 6 bottle orders or more"

link
He had it last month and said it was young (as expected). CT link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0
Cesare wrote:link
He had it last month and said it was young (as expected). CT link

Actually that's exactly what led me to posting here ;) ... was partly wondering if the price point made it worth it to grab half a case with the intention of holding on to them for a while.