MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jrbw3 wrote:Apologies in advance, as this is not probably the proper place for this. However, it is surely a "deal" in my mind.

I'm tickled with my wife's latest estate sale find. Digging it.

Aaaaargghhh. Can't get the images to show.

I've actually done this successfully before. Why the face!!

Ok. Here are the urls, not clickable, because i obviously suck.

I've left in the non-functioning image tags if any of you smart folks want to learn me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/biscuit/4129426357/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/biscuit/4130193550/

Fixed. Right Click on image and open Properties to see the info to use. Although in the case of flickr, looks like you have to use the thumbnail for it, instead of the larger picture.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3
MarkDaSpark wrote:Fixed. Right Click on image and open Properties to see the info to use. Although in the case of flickr, looks like you have to use the thumbnail for it, instead of the larger picture.

Thank you sir!

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.

jkdaaa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jkdaaa

Chicagoland folks, have a nice Pinot ('06 Alma Rosa La Encantada) for $23! http://www.groupon.com/deals/just-grapes-2

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Heads up: Black Friday @ Home Depot:

Vissani (by Magic Chef) 52-Bottle Free-Standing Wine Cooler - $148.00

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
cheron98 wrote:Heads up: Black Friday @ Home Depot:

ooohh... good one! great price.

cheron98

speedoo wrote:ooohh... good one! great price.

I think it's a $50 rebate coupon that you have to mess with to get that price, but even at $198 BEFORE the rebate, that's pretty damn good.

rooboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rooboy
gcdyersb wrote:Havens Wine Cellars is being liquidated, and Wine House is blowing out several of their top wines. Even with tax and shipping, it's still about half off.

These are cool-climate wines, so they're more on the peppery, earthy and funky side. But still full bodied with good fruit like most Cali wines are. Kind of Old World/New World fusion. The winery was bought out, then the economy imploded, so everything must go!

WL has been selling different vintages of these wines for significantly more, so this looks like a great deal on serious, age-worthy wines.

Can anyone else recommend these wines?

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
rooboy wrote:Can anyone else recommend these wines?

Aside from me, probably not. The wines were made by Michael Havens before he sold his winery. I've had several Havens wines and they are high quality, doubly so for under $20. It's a question of style, as these are not typical Cali oak/fruit bomb wines.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

gcdyersb

jkdaaa wrote:Chicagoland folks, have a nice Pinot ('06 Alma Rosa La Encantada) for $23! http://www.groupon.com/deals/just-grapes-2

That's a really nice deal. Alma Rosa is Richard Sanford's winery--he 'invented' growing Pinot in Santa Rita Hills.

evanssm1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages evanssm1

I can't seem to find it. The only thing I see under Vissani is a kegerator, which I could use as well but no wine cooler.

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar
Ohio #2 Wine Tasting (Anyone In?)

cheron98

evanssm1 wrote:I can't seem to find it. The only thing I see under Vissani is a kegerator, which I could use as well but no wine cooler.

They never list this thing on their site, but sure enough every Black Friday, it's there.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
gcdyersb wrote:Aside from me, probably not. The wines were made by Michael Havens before he sold his winery. I've had several Havens wines and they are high quality, doubly so for under $20. It's a question of style, as these are not typical Cali oak/fruit bomb wines.

Sparky has brought Haven's Black and Blue to a few tastings. The Black and Blue isn't one of the discount wines but it was a solid offering and if it's indicative of their house style I'm in. Thanks for the link man. Looks like I'll be driving to Santa Monica.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

cheron98

Friday, 11/27 @ 11am EST, on RueLaLa: Vineyard 29

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I found it on their website at that price, but it says it's an online only item, doesn't qualify for free shipping, and the shipping cost is $129.92. I think I'll take a look at the store on Friday to see if they have any.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

fishzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishzine
ddeuddeg wrote:I found it on their website at that price, but it says it's an online only item, doesn't qualify for free shipping, and the shipping cost is $129.92. I think I'll take a look at the store on Friday to see if they have any.

I see a 45 bottle one on their site for $199 with a $30 rebate. Also coupon codes for home depot are usually available online. Quick search and I found code "UPROM22" will give you $10 off any order over $100. So after rebate the 45 bottle one is $159.

edit to add that this one has free shipping

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=100597194

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp
fishzine wrote:I see a 45 bottle one on their site for $199 with a $30 rebate. Also coupon codes for home depot are usually available online. Quick search and I found code "UPROM22" will give you $10 off any order over $100. So after rebate the 45 bottle one is $159.

edit to add that this one has free shipping

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=100597194

I went ahead and ordered one. With $11 in sales tax minus $10 for the coupon code and free shipping, it came to $199 - $30 rebate: $169. Not too bad, I guess.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I just bought this one online The Vissani 52 bottle cooler Free shipping today (yesterday it showed a $129 shipping charge). I also used the promo code UPROM22 that was posted above. (Thank you!) Total delivered including tax and the discount was $148.14. Even if it only lasts a couple years, the price is worth it.

ddeuddeg

Imagine4vr wrote:I just bought this one online The Vissani 52 bottle cooler Free shipping today (yesterday it showed a $129 shipping charge). I also used the promo code UPROM22 that was posted above. (Thank you!) Total delivered including tax and the discount was $148.14. Even if it only lasts a couple years, the price is worth it.

Thanks for the update. I got one, too. It showed up as a sale item in today's newspaper ad, but why go to the store and wrestle with it, when they'll deliver it free?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

Scott Harvey black friday 50% off special.
Take advantage of these spectacular savings for one day only! Take 50% off the regular purchase price on these great wines.

2007 Scott Harvey Mendocino County Riesling
2007 Jana Rosé
2006 Scott Harvey Old Vine Zinfandel
2006 Scott Harvey J&S Reserve Syrah
2005 Jana Cathedral
2006 Angel Ice

Promo Code: blackfriday

Link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
Cesare wrote:Scott Harvey black friday 50% off special.
Take advantage of these spectacular savings for one day only! Take 50% off the regular purchase price on these great wines.

2007 Jana Rosé
2005 Jana Cathedral
2006 Angel Ice

Promo Code: blackfriday

Link

These are $15 each with shipping at $14 a case to FL. Nice find.

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
Cesare wrote:Scott Harvey black friday 50% off special.

Thank you for sharing. I ordered a few of each, except for the Angel Ice - too rich for me especially after the separate shipping. Any advice on when to drink and how long to age?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Wine Library is having a Black Friday sale through Sunday. I grabbed some really crappy PN for $4 for Danielle. Well worth it so she doesn't open my expensive bottles.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I fear our WL "Searcher" code is going to die because some f-ing gumballs posted it on the CW board! How dumb can you be?!?!

Damnit!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

Looks like the same Scott Harvey 50% off deal is back, this time for Cyber Monday.

2007 Jana Rosé
2005 Jana Cathedral
2006 Angel Ice

Promo Code: cybermonday
Link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

Not that we need it but, free shipping from Wine Library today for Cyber Monday.
link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

Cesare

Holiday Incentives: Give Chase Cellars this year!
With the Holidays approaching, we want to take time to thank you for your support this year. We’ve come up with a way to give YOU a little something while you're working hard on your list. Our incentives give you a great deal on Chase wine and gift boxes and by choosing Chase wine to send this year, you'll get a gift from us as our way of saying, "Thanks!"

Two Case Incentive
25% off each case
Receive a case of half bottles with every 2 cases purchased! Buy all of one varietal or mix and match and receive a case of our 2004 or 2005 half bottles as a gift.

Half Case Incentive
25% off each half case
When you buy 6 or more bottles receive 2 bottles of our Chocolate Sauce as our gift to you.

Gift Boxes
When you purchase 3 gift boxes or gifts of wine for someone on your list this year, you will receive 2 half bottles of Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel as our gift to you! Enjoy a bottle each of our 2004 and 2005 library vintages or ship them as another gift!

Email us with the information or download this form:
chasecellars.com/pdf/holiday_incentive_order.pdf

Fill it in and fax it back to us. We will ship to you or directly to your recipients with a custom holiday gift card. Prices include shipping costs.

link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Zahtila Vineyards

Holiday Special - Magnums and Free Shipping

What better way to make a grand entrance to your holiday party, or give a BIG gift of wine? Just in time for the holidays, enjoy our 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon with a $10 discount on each bottle, and shipping is included if you order 6 or more. Use promotion code magsale during your checkout to receive this discount! http://www.zahtilavineyards.com/scripts/wineList.cfm And...

To make the season brighter, and easier to serve some of our Chardonnay, Zinfandel or Cabernet with your holiday meal, please take advantage of our FREE SHIPPING OFFER! Any order of 6 bottle or more will be shipped for FREE. This offer includes the Naked Necks mentioned below. http://www.zahtilavineyards.com/scripts/wineList.cfm

CT

ddeuddeg

Another Scott Harvey creation from Astrale e Terra, an '03 Atlas Peak Cab posted on Wine Spies. Of course, they still don't ship to NY, although they say they're working on it. Fools.

MarkDaSpark

pengu1n wrote: 50% off walk in wine cellar at Sam's Club + Free shipping

$12,500 is half off? Sheesh!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Goosecross 3 day sale.

Top 10 Gifts

Mix and match our packages to make a case (12 bottles) and shipping is included in the price of the case!

3 Day Only Sale! Offer expires December 7, 2009.

Cannot be combined with other offers.

Order online or call (800) 276-9210

exlaxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exlaxer
Cesare wrote:Looks like the same Scott Harvey 50% off deal is back, this time for Cyber Monday.

2007 Jana Rosé
2005 Jana Cathedral
2006 Angel Ice

Promo Code: cybermonday
Link

I just checked the SH website, and while the blackfriday and cybermonday codes no longer work, it appears you can get a case for 50% off (plus shipping charge).

Edit: Appears to only apply to the Cathedral and Angel Ice.

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree

Cameron Hughes has a 15% off sale for everything in their store. Good til Tuesday. As mentioned on their website, coupon code: 15CHEERS9. Free shipping still applies for 12 bottles or more (in increments of 6).

http://chwine.com

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:Another Scott Harvey creation from Astrale e Terra, an '03 Atlas Peak Cab posted on Wine Spies. Of course, they still don't ship to NY, although they say they're working on it. Fools.

Opps. Too late. Bahwm may be thankful.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

From Vincent Arroyo

The harvest of 2009 marked the 25th Anniversary for Vincent Arroyo Winery! We will be honoring this occasion in 2011 with a special bottling of our 2009 Petite Sirah. However, two years seemed too long to wait in order to celebrate this special occasion.
To this end, we wanted to extend an invitation for you to join us in a celebratory 2009 holiday season.

Now through December 30th 2009, we would like to offer you 15% off any NEW wine order of 6 or more bottles. Please either mail, fax or email back the order form. If you call, make sure the mention this EMAIL.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

Happening now at RueLaLa:

Metrokane boutique

L'Ecole No. 41 boutique

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Anyone have any experience with the Layer Cake Cotes du Rhone.

W Mkt just sent me an email for $9.99. Five bucks off. Reviews online seem to be very mixed. I am probably going to pick up one-two to test it out.

Cesare

Scott Harvey gift ideas. Check out Scott's nuts and Scott's balls!
And Scott Harvey gourmet wine club. Wine, recipe, and kitchen accessory every month.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

For those of you that missed the deal for a black Vinturi on Woot, Amazon has a great price on a Vinturi in white. It's $25.05, ships free.

Edit: upon closer inspection, it's designed for white wine.

gcdyersb

RaiderSPE wrote:Anyone have any experience with the Layer Cake Cotes du Rhone.

W Mkt just sent me an email for $9.99. Five bucks off. Reviews online seem to be very mixed. I am probably going to pick up one-two to test it out.

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of World Market for wine. Lots of cheap stuff, but rarely is it the best price and almost all of it is made in huge quantities. So generally missing the mark on both value and quality.

The thing that concerns me about a branded wine like Layer Cake is that the source of the wine can shift from year to year, batch to batch. They might have vineyards under contract, or they might mix together stuff they buy in bulk. Try it, buy more if you like it, because the next batch may differ.

Edit: The fact that they call it Layer Cake makes me think it will be a fruity, sweetish gooey mess with no structure. Maybe it turns out to be an OK cocktail wine, though.