Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
polarbear22 wrote:Andretti has three wines on $75/case special

Plus $70.00 shipping and tax for me!!!

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad
javadrinker wrote:So our little wine.woot buddy Jeff Stai from Twisted Oak will be having his very own deal on deals.woot.com here:
Twisted Oak Winery Twisted Threesome

Twisted Oak?!! Are u *%#&@!ing kidding me?

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

WL has another sale going on. Soos Creek wines are sub-$20 now. Not sure what that says, but there was some excitement when they were $25 a while back. The usual inventory clearing is going on as well, lots of junk to wade through.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Winebid.com has their weekly wine auction up and this week it includes an "end of bin" section with good deals. Check it out.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Clif Wine just tweeted(?): clifwine Stop on by our online store at www.cliffamilywinery.com - we're offering 1-cent shipping on all our wines + olive oil through Thursday.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

evanssm1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages evanssm1
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:

Dear InZINerator Fan,

In appreciation of your support of our 2006 InZINerator we would like to offer you a chance to get one of our 1.5 liters of this great wine SIGNED by Scott Harvey our winemaker. This magnum takes the best characteristics of our 2004 and 2006 vintages and combines them in one great wine! These larger bottles have the great fruit forwardness of our 2006 vintage with the drier style of the 2004 vintage!

Regularly $50.00 + Shipping
Your Price $34.99 + $5.00 Shipping

Order Yours Now!

Codeword: inzinmag at checkout

Offer ends November 10th or before if magnums sell out!

Edit: http://www.scottharveywines.com/woot

Don't forget today is the last day. I just ordered two and I don't really even care for Zin but who can pass up a good deal, cheap shipping, and the wine makers signature. Obviously not me...

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar
Ohio #2 Wine Tasting (Anyone In?)

hld1970

I just received this email from Scott Harvey wines (Jana):

In celebration of my birthday, I'd like to extend to you 30% off all Jana Wines + free shipping on TWO bottles or more.

Offer expires midnight, November 12. Use promo code: birthday

Jana 2004 "Cathedral", Napa Valley - 94 Points - $55 Our top of the line cabernet blend

Jana 2005 Old Vine Zinfandel, Napa Valley - $35 from Rich, full and lush from 100 year old vines

Jana 2008 Napa Valley Riesling, Napa Valley - $22 from one of the remaining Riesling vineyards in Napa

Jana 2007 Michigan Riesling - Leelanau Peninsula - $28

Jana 2007 Rose of Grenache - $15 - a lovely dry Rose made in a European style

Angel Ice - $40 - a dessert Riesling made from frozen grapes

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
hld1970 wrote:I just received this email from Scott Harvey wines (Jana):

In celebration of my birthday, I'd like to extend to you 30% off all Jana Wines + free shipping on TWO bottles or more.

Offer expires midnight, November 12. Use promo code: birthday

Jana 2004 "Cathedral", Napa Valley - 94 Points - $55 Our top of the line cabernet blend

Jana 2005 Old Vine Zinfandel, Napa Valley - $35 from Rich, full and lush from 100 year old vines

Jana 2008 Napa Valley Riesling, Napa Valley - $22 from one of the remaining Riesling vineyards in Napa

Jana 2007 Michigan Riesling - Leelanau Peninsula - $28

Jana 2007 Rose of Grenache - $15 - a lovely dry Rose made in a European style

Angel Ice - $40 - a dessert Riesling made from frozen grapes

So you can get 2 Cathedral's for $77 & free shipping, or 2 Tytaniums for $75 shipped. Or both. You decide. I can't.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
merbill wrote:So you can get 2 Cathedral's for $77 & free shipping, or 2 Tytaniums for $75 shipped. Or both. You decide. I can't.

*cry* Why did these two offers have to come out at the same time. Now my decision is going to be even tougher. Though I may just pick up a couple of the Rieslings instead, since I'm about out of those (and don't have any "good" ones). As much as I've been wanting to try the Cathedral, I think TyTanium is the one I'd rather have. Will have to think big time when I get to work.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

hld1970

merbill wrote:So you can get 2 Cathedral's for $77 & free shipping, or 2 Tytaniums for $75 shipped. Or both. You decide. I can't.

Well, I had already order my Tytanium when I received that email. So, I decided (by default) but I am seriously thinking about the Cathedral. Crapola.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
hld1970 wrote:Well, I had already order my Tytanium when I received that email. So, I decided (by default) but I am seriously thinking about the Cathedral. Crapola.

Thinking about a Cathedral and an Angel Ice. Anyone had the Ice?

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tenuki wrote:Thinking about a Cathedral and an Angel Ice. Anyone had the Ice?

Yes. It's delicious. And the bottle is SO PRETTY.

That reminds me, WineStyles was going to hold onto an empty for me from the tasting event and I forgot to go pick it up... hm. Guess it's gone now!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tenuki wrote:Thinking about a Cathedral and an Angel Ice. Anyone had the Ice?

I agree. The Angel Ice is a really nice dessert Reisling. Disappears rapidly though.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

hld1970

Not sure if you have seen this site, but it looks like another 'one deal per day' wine site:

WiredForWine

cheron98

And once again, a deal from Scott Harvey:

Thanksgiving Sampler Pack.
These three wines will make any Thanskgiving an instant hit that your friends and family will be talking about throughout the rest of the year.

2006 Scott Harvey Mendocino County Riesling
2007 Jana Rosé
2006 J&S Reserve Barbera

$55.00/per pack (includes shipping)
an $87.00 value!

Use Codeword: gobble
Offer good till December 1st.

Order Yours Now

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
cheron98 wrote:And once again, a deal from Scott Harvey:

Heh, same e-mail had a link to their large bottles. No discount but saw this. WANT!

CT

hld1970

WTSO has the 2005 Chase Hayne Vineyard Zin on there for 19.99 plus free shipping with 4 bottles.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
hld1970 wrote:WTSO has the 2005 Chase Hayne Vineyard Zin on there for 19.99 plus free shipping with 4 bottles.

They had the exact same deal about 2 - 3 months ago and I bought 4. If anyone in NYC wants a bottle or 2 for $20 each, send me a PM.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
speedoo wrote:They had the exact same deal about 2 - 3 months ago and I bought 4. If anyone in NYC wants a bottle or 2 for $20 each, send me a PM.

I had done the same thing, though mine were 21.99 instead of 19.99. I still got 6 bottles left right now myself as I've only drank one of my 2004's from the woot offering last year.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

What did you guys think of it? Hi octane Zins are not really my flavor of the year.

signed.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
canonizer wrote:What did you guys think of it? Hi octane Zins are not really my flavor of the year.

Have not tried it yet, but I don't expect it to be high octane.

Nice St. Joseph rhone on Cindy Wine tonight for about $17 a bottle, free shipping for three. A "double 90 pointer". I picked up three, hoping for a good complex wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:Yes. It's delicious. And the bottle is SO PRETTY.

That reminds me, WineStyles was going to hold onto an empty for me from the tasting event and I forgot to go pick it up... hm. Guess it's gone now!

I'll save you a bottle, if you want me to. I could bring it with me in May, if you can wait that long.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

Starting tomorrow at 11am EST on RueLaLa, Gary Farrell Vineyards & Winery will be featured for 2 days only.

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker

Yet another deal from El Jefe. This is from a FB post. Regular prices on wines but $1 shipping with 3 bottles or more and the coupon code below:

Twisted Oak Winery
OK, let's just try this as a Facebook special: Order 3 (or more) bottles of Twisted Goodness and pay $1 shipping. Use coupon code "TwistedThanks".

I'm trying something a little new here on the web site and if it isn't working the way you think it should please let me know right away.

If you are in CA, you can order as la...te as the end of Monday 11/23 to receive your wine on Wednesday 11/25. East coast should order right away!

(Note that this is an intro sort of deal note and it doesn't combine with other discounts, including Twisted Few discounts...)

All the wines: http://www.twistedoak.com/wine

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

ddeuddeg

Winespies has Pedroncelli '07 Russian River Pinot Noir for $14.40, with free shipping, as always, if you buy 6. Also, as always, they can't ship to NY, even though the liars say they're working on it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

There is some 2006 Kent Rasmussen Pinot Noir on WineBid @$20ea opening bid.

CT

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:Winespies has Pedroncelli '07 Russian River Pinot Noir for $14.40, with free shipping, as always, if you buy 6. Also, as always, they can't ship to NY, even though the liars say they're working on it.

So, what's one more half case?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:So, what's one more half case?

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:

Hey, I was serious. Although, we may want to just re-ship rather than try to connect in person.

My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:So, what's one more half case?

Uh-oh . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:Uh-oh . . .

Damn, I forgot that you read these too. I am not an enabler, just being helpful.

My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:Damn, I forgot that you read these too. I am not an enabler, just being helpful.

I know, I know. We appreciate it. Just had to chime in! Equal opportunity helpers.

BTW, check PMs.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:I know, I know. We appreciate it. Just had to chime in! Equal opportunity helpers.

BTW, check PMs.

No new PMs. Did you get interrupted before you could send?

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Hey, I was serious. Although, we may want to just re-ship rather than try to connect in person.

Thanks. I realized that you were serious, and I appreciate it. I have to draw the line somewhere. There's so much wine here already. I'm in no hurry to get the stuff you're holding, but if you want it out of the way, I suppose we could explore the re-shipping option.

cheron98

If you're in the area for it:

Field Stone Winery wrote:You are invited to Field Stone Winery's Holiday Open House

Friday, November 27th and Saturday, November 28th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm

• Tasty food: grilled sausages and red peppers with focaccia and chocolates for dessert

• Wine specials: including 50% off case purchases of 2006 Alexander Valley Petite Sirah

• For only $10, receive a logo glass and visit six other wineries in Alexander Valley. (Children and designated drivers, $5). Visit all six wineries and be entered into a drawing for a fantastic gift basket!

• Bring a non-perishable food item for the Redwood Empire Food Bank and receive entry into another special drawing from Field Stone Winery!!

This is the place that had those delicious PS truffles at Dark & Delicious

timmyjwoot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages timmyjwoot

Just popped onto the Cameron Hughes site and they're offering 15% off their sampler cases along with free shipping (although you always get that if you buy by the case there).

I thought the BJ Reds sampler was a particularly good looking mix and deal as far as QPR so I went in for one of those.

http://chwine.com/

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

winelibrary.com free shipping code still alive.
Welcome Wine Searcher users! Use the code SEARCHER when checking out and receive free ground shipping to any state we can ship to except for Hawaii or Alaska.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
bud8jr wrote:winelibrary.com free shipping code still alive.
Welcome Wine Searcher users! Use the code SEARCHER when checking out and receive free ground shipping to any state we can ship to except for Hawaii or Alaska.

We know. We've been using it for a loooong while. Shhhhh!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Havens Wine Cellars is being liquidated, and Wine House is blowing out several of their top wines. Even with tax and shipping, it's still about half off.

These are cool-climate wines, so they're more on the peppery, earthy and funky side. But still full bodied with good fruit like most Cali wines are. Kind of Old World/New World fusion. The winery was bought out, then the economy imploded, so everything must go!

WL has been selling different vintages of these wines for significantly more, so this looks like a great deal on serious, age-worthy wines.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3

Apologies in advance, as this is not probably the proper place for this. However, it is surely a "deal" in my mind.

I'm tickled with my wife's latest estate sale find. Digging it.

Removed my whining and fixed the tags. Thanks to MarkDaSpark for embedded image help.

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.