rhinothewino


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rhinothewino
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, but it's Ty Caton...and I love all his wines regardless. I'm about to pick up a 4-pack myself. Suppose I'll share with any NYers who don't get a chance to pick this up before it sells out or goes away. Almost considering grabbing 6, but suppose I should hold back at least slightly.



I am planning to limit myself to 4 on WTSO so I can still pick up some other varietals through the 50% discount at Ty Caton

gwg66


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66

Bummer - there is no WTSO shipping to NH on this Ty Caton offer, anyone in Southern Maine (prefer York County) willing to go in and split with me? I'd be looking for 3-5 bottles and could PayPal today or send a money order, whatever works. I am in Portsmouth, NH area and could pick-up whenever is good for you. Thanks in advance.

saxwizerd45


quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
rmm989 wrote:uh oh - one of our friends just bought a case of the field blend because she liked the previous one so much. Hope she's not in for a terrible surprise.



Don't get me wrong: it was still pretty good. We just thought that it didn't have the insane QPR that the 2005 field blend had, and therefore it did not justify the price to us. YMMV.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Buy.com has one of those instant chillers for wine bottles with free shipping for $30. I got one as a Christmas present a few years ago and it's not bad. Of course you get the same result putting a bottle in the freezer for 10 minutes but this is more fun.

http://www.buy.com/prod/wine-chiller/q/loc/66357/212510607.html?adid=17070

Also, if you go through Fatwallet or Ebates you can get a small amount back (we're talking pocket change really).

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

rmm989


quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
saxwizerd45 wrote:Don't get me wrong: it was still pretty good. We just thought that it didn't have the insane QPR that the 2005 field blend had, and therefore it did not justify the price to us. YMMV.



We got one of them from the woot deal. May just trade her for some of it if we really like it

So the WTSO ty caton deal sold out I guess?

CT

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
gwg66 wrote:Bummer - there is no WTSO shipping to NH on this Ty Caton offer, anyone in Southern Maine (prefer York County) willing to go in and split with me? I'd be looking for 3-5 bottles and could PayPal today or send a money order, whatever works. I am in Portsmouth, NH area and could pick-up whenever is good for you. Thanks in advance.



FYI, I live in NYC but will be driving up to Boston a few times this winter. So if you can arrange to buy some of HAK's purchase, we might be able to work out a delivery, assuming I see HAK at a NYC tasting soon.

Of course it would be better if you had a more direct wootleg, but if not we could try this route.

gwg66


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
speedoo wrote:FYI, I live in NYC but will be driving up to Boston a few times this winter. So if you can arrange to buy some of HAK's purchase, we might be able to work out a delivery, assuming I see HAK at a NYC tasting soon.

Of course it would be better if you had a more direct wootleg, but if not we could try this route.



Thanks for the kind offer speedoo, I will keep that in mind. Feel free to use my location here in Southern, NH if you need to acquire some critical vino that won't ship to NY. As far as the WTSO Ty offering goes, it sold out so fast I couldn't make a move. I'll be praying WD makes us a Ty offer b4 the holidays? Failing that I will see if I can bribe someone else on W.W to share?

laxdad


quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad

WineAccess has Titus PS for those interested - Titus will be dropping PS from their lineup ...

inkwench


quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

[deep breath. deep breath]

I have too much wine to have any space to get more (and that's not counting the case I'm getting from Woot!), but I'm down to 3 bottles of the '04 Tytanium.

No room, no money. Darn it all.

I'd definitely go in for some rosé other than the space/money problem....

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

Loweeel


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
laxdad wrote:WineAccess has Titus PS for those interested - Titus will be dropping PS from their lineup ...



NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Link for the PS?

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

marekny7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7
Loweeel wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Link for the PS?



Titus PS

CT

gcdyersb


quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Chateau Potelle 2005 VGS Mt. Veeder Cab $25 at Trader Joe's. This is probably applicable for those in SoCal, maybe NorCal.

Potelle was bought out recently, so this looks like inventory liquidation for a discontinued product line. These were $50-$60 wines, with good critical reviews. WE 93, in the Top 100 Wines of the Year, actually.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

hld1970


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970
gcdyersb wrote:Chateau Potelle 2005 VGS Mt. Veeder Cab $25 at Trader Joe's. This is probably applicable for those in SoCal, maybe NorCal.

Potelle was bought out recently, so this looks like inventory liquidation for a discontinued product line. These were $50-$60 wines, with good critical reviews. WE 93, in the Top 100 Wines of the Year, actually.



There you go again with geographically specific deals at TJ's. ;) At least you qualified the location this time.

______________________________________________
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink more wine." --Hemingway

gcdyersb


quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
hld1970 wrote:There you go again with geographically specific deals at TJ's. ;) At least you qualified the location this time.



Sorry it's so limited. This is supposed to be a very serious, tannic, ageworthy Cab. May have to buy a bottle to see what happens. Santo Stefano Rutherford Cab might be one to look for, too. Likely de-classified juice from a really good wine, sold cheap to preserve price point of the "name" label. Might be only in CA as well, though.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22

First I buy Ty Caton at 50% off,shipping almost a deal killer though.Then the cab comes up on other site at $4,$5 less than I paid(counting shipping costs)
Then Titus PS.I can buy from Titus,I can usually buy from Wine Access,but I can't buy Titus From Wine Access.
I give up.I also just lost my job,so I shouldn't buy anything.


But I want more Titus PS!!!

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22

Got the Racchus reserve-

44% CS,32% Syrah,15% PS,8% Merlot,1% Malbec
2005 Sonoma Valley Red Wine ALC 15.2

Field Blend-

44% CS,32% Syrah,15% PS,8% Merlot,1% Malbec
2005 Sonoma Valley Red Wine ALC 15.2

Drank both within a week,seemed like the same wine to me.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
crabbyman22 wrote:First I buy Ty Caton at 50% off,shipping almost a deal killer though.Then the cab comes up on other site at $4,$5 less than I paid(counting shipping costs)
Then Titus PS.I can buy from Titus,I can usually buy from Wine Access,but I can't buy Titus From Wine Access.
I give up.I also just lost my job,so I shouldn't buy anything.


But I want more Titus PS!!!




Speaking of Titus .... just got a phone call from them.

Free shipping on case and they dropped prices on 2005 Lot1.

Anyone interested in splitting a mixed case of Titus wines?

Special pricing also on their 07 Zin.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

crabbyman22


quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Speaking of Titus .... just got a phone call from them.

Free shipping on case and they dropped prices on 2005 Lot1.

Anyone interested in splitting a mixed case of Titus wines?

Special pricing also on their 07 Zin.



I would love to,but I am in Michigan.I joined their wine club(I think)because I had to try Lot 1 and their PS,now their site says no shipping to MI.And they didn't call me.And they won't answer my e-mails.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Compliments of our friends over at deals.woot:

Wine and Glass Storage Thingy

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

laxdad


quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad

Ru la la has some very nice prices on Reidel for about the next day or so. Also some decent Pine Ridge Vineyards deals, including Stags Leap CS.

http://www.ruelala.com

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:

Dear InZINerator Fan,

In appreciation of your support of our 2006 InZINerator we would like to offer you a chance to get one of our 1.5 liters of this great wine SIGNED by Scott Harvey our winemaker. This magnum takes the best characteristics of our 2004 and 2006 vintages and combines them in one great wine! These larger bottles have the great fruit forwardness of our 2006 vintage with the drier style of the 2004 vintage!

Regularly $50.00 + Shipping
Your Price $34.99 + $5.00 Shipping

Order Yours Now!

Codeword: inzinmag at checkout

Offer ends November 10th or before if magnums sell out!

Edit: http://www.scottharveywines.com/woot

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:




You tempting SOB! No. I cannot buy, but I desperately want to.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

evanssm1


quality posts: 3 Private Messages evanssm1
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:

Dear InZINerator Fan,

In appreciation of your support of our 2006 InZINerator we would like to offer you a chance to get one of our 1.5 liters of this great wine SIGNED by Scott Harvey our winemaker. This magnum takes the best characteristics of our 2004 and 2006 vintages and combines them in one great wine! These larger bottles have the great fruit forwardness of our 2006 vintage with the drier style of the 2004 vintage!

Regularly $50.00 + Shipping
Your Price $34.99 + $5.00 Shipping

Order Yours Now!

Codeword: inzinmag at checkout

Offer ends November 10th or before if magnums sell out!




Do not see where to purchase the Magnum on their web site. I can only find the 750ml. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(13) Woot Woots, (17) Shirt Woots, (10) Wine Woots, (2) Sellout Woot, (10) Kids Woot, (1) Deals Woot.
My Cellar
Ohio #2 Wine Tasting (Anyone In?)

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
evanssm1 wrote:Do not see where to purchase the Magnum on their web site. I can only find the 750ml. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.



See edit.

Double edit: CA peeps will pay taxes.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:



... dag nabbit. His site's broken for MI again. Razzin' fraggin'... must complete collection...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
javadrinker wrote:See edit.

Double edit: CA peeps will pay taxes.



Actually, everyone (well probably most everyone) pays taxes. Sending to NY gets taxed too with our lovely 8.625%.

Anyone else from NY want any? I definitely need a bottle to complete my set, and the $5 shipping seems to apply to any number of bottles.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Actually, everyone (well probably most everyone) pays taxes. Sending to NY gets taxed too with our lovely 8.625%.



Cry about it you big baby. We're at 9.25% and climbing!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:

Dear InZINerator Fan,

In appreciation of your support of our 2006 InZINerator we would like to offer you a chance to get one of our 1.5 liters of this great wine SIGNED by Scott Harvey our winemaker. This magnum takes the best characteristics of our 2004 and 2006 vintages and combines them in one great wine! These larger bottles have the great fruit forwardness of our 2006 vintage with the drier style of the 2004 vintage!

Regularly $50.00 + Shipping
Your Price $34.99 + $5.00 Shipping

Order Yours Now!

Codeword: inzinmag at checkout

Offer ends November 10th or before if magnums sell out!

Edit: http://www.scottharveywines.com/woot



You ordering or am I?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

That is mighty, mighty tempting. And it's not breaking the SIWBM by much, right? After all, it's only one bottle.....

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

merryberry


quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry
javadrinker wrote:Wow...a signed magnum of 2006 Inzinerator for $39.99 shipped:

Dear InZINerator Fan,

In appreciation of your support of our 2006 InZINerator we would like to offer you a chance to get one of our 1.5 liters of this great wine SIGNED by Scott Harvey our winemaker. This magnum takes the best characteristics of our 2004 and 2006 vintages and combines them in one great wine! These larger bottles have the great fruit forwardness of our 2006 vintage with the drier style of the 2004 vintage!

Regularly $50.00 + Shipping
Your Price $34.99 + $5.00 Shipping

Order Yours Now!

Codeword: inzinmag at checkout

Offer ends November 10th or before if magnums sell out!

Edit: http://www.scottharveywines.com/woot



Question for the winemaker and/or SH groupies. Why does the '06 InZin Mag have a substantially different blend than the '06 750ml InZin? To wit:

750ml blend is 76% Zin, 22% Syrah, 2% port varietals
Mag blend is, well, not a blend: 100% Zin

750ml rs is about 2% (not dry), Mag rs is .2% (dry)

Its like a different wine with the same label. What's up with that?

My Cellar in CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
merryberry wrote:Question for the winemaker and/or SH groupies. Why does the '06 InZin Mag have a substantially different blend than the '06 750ml InZin? To wit:

750ml blend is 76% Zin, 22% Syrah, 2% port varietals
Mag blend is, well, not a blend: 100% Zin

750ml rs is about 2% (not dry), Mag rs is .2% (dry)

Its like a different wine with the same label. What's up with that?



When questioned about the lack of MI shipping for the magnums, this response was received:

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I'll forward this on to Bill and Jana and see if they can figure it out. Beware, the magnums were bottled as dry wine, while the 750’s offered on Woot were sweeter.

All the best,

Scott



I've responded asking about the blend difference and will see what he says. My thought is that the Forte was not added to the batch for the magnums, as that would require quite a bit more of it and they may have just simply not have had enough, so the leftover Zin juice got bottled separately and specially for the mags.

That REALLY makes this a collector piece! AND, that means for those of you who didn't care as much for the 06 because of the sweetness, you should get this one to try it out.

Oh yeah, and for those of you looking to combine your orders to save on shipping - it looks like it's a $5 shipping PER BOTTLE. So it won't matter if you order separately or together.




I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Update:

ScottHarveyWines wrote:Same blend, but we let the Forte ferment out. I could not bottle such a small quantity under sterile bottling. Personally, I like it better dry. I’m about ready to put a new blend together. I think I’ll do a blog on woot and ask the wooters what level of RS they would like. I think most people will go more for the level of the 2004 vintage. I like it the best. Appreciate your input.

All the best,

Scott
I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

merryberry


quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry
cheron98 wrote:I've responded asking about the blend difference and will see what he says. My thought is that the Forte was not added to the batch for the magnums, as that would require quite a bit more of it and they may have just simply not have had enough, so the leftover Zin juice got bottled separately and specially for the mags.

That REALLY makes this a collector piece! AND, that means for those of you who didn't care as much for the 06 because of the sweetness, you should get this one to try it out.

Oh yeah, and for those of you looking to combine your orders to save on shipping - it looks like it's a $5 shipping PER BOTTLE. So it won't matter if you order separately or together.



Cheron, thanks for the sleuthing! Based on the stats on the SH website, the wine in the InZin mag is the same as his Mountain Selection Zin, except it's in the cooler superhero bottle. So there appears to be no Syrah in the blend either. Since I like his dry Zins much better than the "regular" InZin, I'll be getting at least one of these bad boys.

My Cellar in CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
merryberry wrote:Cheron, thanks for the sleuthing! Based on the stats on the SH website, the wine in the InZin mag is the same as his Mountain Selection Zin, except it's in the cooler superhero bottle. So there appears to be no Syrah in the blend either. Since I like his dry Zins much better than the "regular" InZin, I'll be getting at least one of these bad boys.



See the update

And also, Michiganders - you are now free to move about the cabin. (Scott got the site fixed)

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

gcdyersb


quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Wines & Makers has free shipping for the next 48 hours. They have a nice selection primarily of Sonoma wines including Iron Horse. No other discounts, but beats shipping from the winery if you find something you like.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

So our little wine.woot buddy Jeff Stai from Twisted Oak will be having his very own deal on deals.woot.com. He's giving us a prequel to the deal that can be found (and purchased from) here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/threesome1

The offer will show up on deals tonight at midnight CST but you can start purchasing from the link above right away (especially those of you still locked out from the deals beta site). For those that can get in to the beta site, be sure to vote for the deal when you see it.

P.S...the offer has PS.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Oh yeah, and for those of you looking to combine your orders to save on shipping - it looks like it's a $5 shipping PER BOTTLE. So it won't matter if you order separately or together.



Bummer. If I had ordered multiples yesterday evening, the site was allowing multiples for $5 total. Oh well. Guess I'll just get one bottle then.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
javadrinker wrote:P.S...the offer has PS.



PPS. You bastard. Now I'll be spending even more money.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Cellar 360 has a sale of 25-40% off on select items with free shipping on 6 or more.
http://www.cellar360.com/cellar360/index.jsp


polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Andretti has three wines on $75/case special - 2007 Chardonnay, 2005 Merlot and 2006 Cabernet.

Wednesday, 11/4 ONLY


Chard

Merlot

Cabernet

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar
Back To Top