kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
javadrinker wrote:Twas me that recommended the DCV.

Fixed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
The Wine Library is pround to announce the launch of its new gourmet website - Gourmet Library! We are sending this email (quietly) as a soft launch to our the people who have signed up for our emails service, and this is the first! Please send any and all feedback to feedback@gourmetlibrary.com! Any and all feedback is appreciated. As a courtesy, we are offering free shipping on all orders (no coupons needed). Log into Gourmet Library and create your own profile, follow items to get product updates! Upload videos and photos of your favorite products!! Sorry, no orders are available for pickup, but you can get to our store and grab it if you'd like! Check out our suggested wine pairings with Wine Library items! Please be sure write us any feedback!!!
FREE SHIPPING on all orders (for a limited time) not quite sure how long... at least until the end of October. So sign up and order!

WineLibrary's GourmetLibrary has officially opened it's "doors". And they're doing Free Shipping for a limited time (at least until the end of October).

This could be dangerous.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

Winelibrary is also launching a deal-a-day site called Cinderella Wine starting Oct. 6 at midnight. Now we need to check woot and winelibrary's new site.

Are they doing anything else? Jeez!!!

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Email from St. Supery, the first (or one of the first) Wine Woot wineries:

"We’re offering our 2003 Merlot for $150 a case, and that includes shipping. We normally sell this gem for $27 a bottle out of the tasting room. It’s a Cabernet-drinker’s Merlot that just received 88pts. from Wine Enthusiast. It’s big, it’s rich and it’s got a cashmere texture that keeps you coming back for more.

Go to the St. Supéry shop and use discount code MERLOT150 when you check out. Like most good things, it won’t last. This offer expires Monday October 5, 2009 or while supplies last."

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
kylemittskus wrote:Winelibrary is also launching a deal-a-day site called Cinderella Wine starting Oct. 6 at midnight. Now we need to check woot and winelibrary's new site.

Are they doing anything else? Jeez!!!

Interesting. Looks like a new venue for them to move excess inventory. Like the idea, but the NJ to SoCal ground shipping is really risky except in winter. If you look at temperatures in Phoenix and Vegas, there are only 2 or 3 months where they're below 70 on average.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

HitAnyKey42

delete. posted in wrong thread.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Ouch, Ty Caton's back. 50% off everything non-library for wooters. Expires 10/24/09.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
tenuki wrote:Ouch, Ty Caton's back. 50% off everything non-library for wooters. Expires 10/24/09.

$17 for a bottle stepped to $40 to ship a case to AZ,CO,ID,MT,NV,NM,WA,WY

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
joelsisk wrote:$17 for a bottle stepped to $40 to ship a case to AZ,CO,ID,MT,NV,NM,WA,WY

Nods, hoping I can pick up at winery :P

CT

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen
tenuki wrote:Ouch, Ty Caton's back. 50% off everything non-library for wooters. Expires 10/24/09.

Does anyone happen to know what the difference is (if any) between "2005 Racchus Field Blend Red" that's on the TC Wine page now and the "2005 Caton Vineyard Field Blend Red" that was in the 12-08 Woot?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
tenuki wrote:Nods, hoping I can pick up at winery :P

you can, but you pay 9% sales tax... which, on a case of TyTanium is even more than shipping!

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

$57 to ship a case to CT. Ouch! I'll pass.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
nmachen wrote:Does anyone happen to know what the difference is (if any) between "2005 Racchus Field Blend Red" that's on the TC Wine page now and the "2005 Caton Vineyard Field Blend Red" that was in the 12-08 Woot?

There was a Facebook conversation on Ty's page that would lead me to believe the Racchus is essentially the same thing. Or "close".

Dude... wait, what?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
dsapp wrote:$57 to ship a case to CT. Ouch! I'll pass.

That's pretty typical now, and it hurts.

If I knew that Ty was not going to back on woot, I would be on this. Shipping is under $5/bottle so the discount is well above cost of shipping. Even if you assume that we can get a 25% discount from Ty Caton most times, this still covers shipping on all but his cheapest wines.

Can you tell I am trying to rationalize a purchase?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

My postcard just arrived in the mail. You've obviously beaten me to the punch, but I already scanned it so you still have to look at it.

And back in December, I paid $53.50 to have a case shipped to TX.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:That's pretty typical now, and it hurts.

If I knew that Ty was not going to back on woot, I would be on this. Shipping is under $5/bottle so the discount is well above cost of shipping. Even if you assume that we can get a 25% discount from Ty Caton most times, this still covers shipping on all but his cheapest wines.

Can you tell I am trying to rationalize a purchase?

Talk about hurt: I just got the wine club shipment, consisting of 2 Malbecs at the standard club discount price, plus shipping, and here they are on sale at 50% off.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

ddeuddeg wrote:Talk about hurt: I just got the wine club shipment, consisting of 2 Malbecs at the standard club discount price, plus shipping, and here they are on sale at 50% off.

Maybe you can convince Ty to give you credit for the difference on a future purchase.

His is one of the couple clubs I would almost consider joining if not for the shipping. I love his wines, but not for shipping costs being that high.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Jana Old Vine Zin on winespies. Use code zinspy for free shipping on 6 bottles.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

Don't forget:

Cinderella Wine starts tonight at midnight East Coast time. Should be interesting if nothing else.

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
nmachen wrote:Does anyone happen to know what the difference is (if any) between "2005 Racchus Field Blend Red" that's on the TC Wine page now and the "2005 Caton Vineyard Field Blend Red" that was in the 12-08 Woot?

We met with Ty back in August when we were out in Sonoma and he said that he wouldn't be making any Caton Vineyard Field Blend ever again ever in the future amen never ever. We tasted the Racchus and it was solid, but even at the wooter price he gave us on all his vino my wife and I didn't feel like it stacked up to favorably enough to the old Field Blend. We bought 2 of pretty much everything else he makes though!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

kylemittskus

saxwizerd45 wrote:We met with Ty back in August when we were out in Sonoma and he said that he wouldn't be making any Caton Vineyard Field Blend ever again ever in the future amen never ever. We tasted the Racchus and it was solid, but even at the wooter price he gave us on all his vino my wife and I didn't feel like it stacked up to favorably enough to the old Field Blend. We bought 2 of pretty much everything else he makes though!

This is horrible news!!!

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
smartheart wrote:Email from St. Supery, the first (or one of the first) Wine Woot wineries:

I tried it an hour or so ago. Either it has expired or it's just that their shopping site is one of the suckiest I've tried.

Too bad, but it gives me an excuse to order more of this weeks woot.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
kylemittskus wrote:This is horrible news!!!

Indeed. He said he couldn't justify leaching juice from his varietal wines, especially given the small amount of Petite Sirah he grows, which he really likes to bottle by itself.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

UMA2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UMA2006

I am considering buying a mixed half case...I have heard great things about the Field Blend, but can anyone comment on their other varietals? I was considering the Merlot, Malbec and Syrah...any feedback? Will these wines still provide great QPR after 50% off plus $35 shipping to CT?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
UMA2006 wrote:I am considering buying a mixed half case...I have heard great things about the Field Blend, but can anyone comment on their other varietals? I was considering the Merlot, Malbec and Syrah...any feedback? Will these wines still provide great QPR after 50% off plus $35 shipping to CT?

I have tasted all three of these wines, and I can say I liked them enough to buy. Had Ty sign the Merlot and Malbec last year. And at half price, I think the QPR will be good, incl. shipping to the Nutmeg state.

And watch for the next CT tasting. What part of the state are you in?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

UMA2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UMA2006
polarbear22 wrote:I have tasted all three of these wines, and I can say I liked them enough to buy. Had Ty sign the Merlot and Malbec last year. And at half price, I think the QPR will be good, incl. shipping to the Nutmeg state.

And watch for the next CT tasting. What part of the state are you in?

Well, I work in Stratford but I actually moved to Boston recently and work from home. I have a friend Ansonia that I ship my wine to. I do come down to CT most weeks so I could totally go to a tasting.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
saxwizerd45 wrote:Indeed. He said he couldn't justify leaching juice from his varietal wines, especially given the small amount of Petite Sirah he grows, which he really likes to bottle by itself.

uh oh - one of our friends just bought a case of the field blend because she liked the previous one so much. Hope she's not in for a terrible surprise.

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
saxwizerd45 wrote:Indeed. He said he couldn't justify leaching juice from his varietal wines, especially given the small amount of Petite Sirah he grows, which he really likes to bottle by itself.

Normally the rule is "Blame it on Corrado", but in this case, justice cries out that the march with torches and pitchforks be directed at Loweeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

-- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight

Restaurant.com $25 discount certificates available for $2 again for a limited time.

Good deal if you have restaurants in your area you like or want to try that participate.

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

2001 Dauphine Rondillon Bordeaux -dessert wine $5.99 each 375 ml bottle with purchase of 12 @J.J.Buckley. Lesser quantities $8.99.
If anyone in NYC wants to split a case PM me please.

CT

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
marekny7 wrote:2001 Dauphine Rondillon Bordeaux -dessert wine $5.99 each 375 ml bottle with purchase of 12 @J.J.Buckley. Lesser quantities $8.99.
If anyone in NYC wants to split a case PM me please.

looks like it is sold out

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

marekny7

Ty Caton Cab on wtso.

CT

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
marekny7 wrote:Ty Caton Cab on wtso.

Yup, the 2006 Cab. $22 per bottle free ship on 4 or more.

kylemittskus

speedoo wrote:Yup, the 2006 Cab. $22 per bottle free ship on 4 or more.

I still have my 3 2003s.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

kylemittskus wrote:I still have my 3 2003s.

I believe the 2003s are Napa Valley fruit. Sad to see Ty go somewhere other that woot; maybe it's the distributor wholesaling product to make way for the 2007 vintage. Regardless, that's a helluva deal if you go in for 4.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

speedoo

Corrado wrote:I believe the 2003s are Napa Valley fruit. Sad to see Ty go somewhere other that woot; maybe it's the distributor wholesaling product to make way for the 2007 vintage. Regardless, that's a helluva deal if you go in for 4.

I agree with everything you say. Marek, I'll split an order of 4 with you if you like.

marekny7

speedoo wrote:I agree with everything you say. Marek, I'll split an order of 4 with you if you like.

Lets do it. Are you ordering it or do you want me to order?

CT

speedoo

marekny7 wrote:Lets do it. Are you ordering it or do you want me to order?

Could you order it? PM me your address and I will send you a check, and I will pick up when it arrives. OK?

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:I believe the 2003s are Napa Valley fruit. Sad to see Ty go somewhere other that woot; maybe it's the distributor wholesaling product to make way for the 2007 vintage. Regardless, that's a helluva deal if you go in for 4.

FWIW, I always ignore Newman's scores. I haven't seen anything rated less than 91 points by him and it seems he's consistently 3-4 points high of the average rating. Me thinks he rates wine for the sole purpose of selling wine to the good people in the State of PA.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

HitAnyKey42

Corrado wrote:FWIW, I always ignore Newman's scores. I haven't seen anything rated less than 91 points by him and it seems he's consistently 3-4 points high of the average rating. Me thinks he rates wine for the sole purpose of selling wine to the good people in the State of PA.

Yeah, but it's Ty Caton...and I love all his wines regardless. I'm about to pick up a 4-pack myself. Suppose I'll share with any NYers who don't get a chance to pick this up before it sells out or goes away. Almost considering grabbing 6, but suppose I should hold back at least slightly.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings