michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

[quote postid="3430082" user="joelsisk"]Got a call (of all things) from the folks at Andretti. They are having "amazing deals" on most of their wines for "some of their best previous club members". (I've never been part of their club, though did buy that crazy deal & mixup a few months back)

Anyway, guy wouldn't give me a complete list, though was happy to chat about most all of the wines... basically everything is on special, and perhaps best of all, they were providing the deals on 3, 6, or 12 bottles, not just cases.
FWIW,I got the same call, the Montona 2005 Reserve Merlot was $25 also. Recall the $40 6-bottle Chardonnay woot last year was fine. I also recently bit on a case of Fume Blanc for $75 plus ship and tax recently. Although not a spectacular $23 wine, it can keep a summertime patio of friends happy at $10. On this deal I bit for three of each of the Merlot and CS with the hope it isn't next weeks woot!

WD, I count >100 woots, nicht wahr? looking for the black square!

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Denver Craigslist:

The person is selling a bunch of scaffolding but there is a "Delux EuroCave Wine Chiller / Wine Fridge - $360.00/OBO" It appears to be the V264 or V283.... if it's in good shape, it could be a very good deal.

CT

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
bkarney wrote:Denver Craigslist:

The person is selling a bunch of scaffolding but there is a "Delux EuroCave Wine Chiller / Wine Fridge - $360.00/OBO" It appears to be the V264 or V283.... if it's in good shape, it could be a very good deal.

Too bad I have no money. Need another fridge, Joel?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

RueLaLa heads up - Next week, September 23 - 25, RueLaLa will be offering Patz & Hall wines, as well as opening the Metrokane boutique (for all those lovely wine gadgets we all love).

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose

Sooooo I really really love the Roessler Pinot Noir, anyone know of any sales coming up or free shipping vouchers and the like?

NYC!

PSquishy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PSquishy
gijose wrote:Sooooo I really really love the Roessler Pinot Noir, anyone know of any sales coming up or free shipping vouchers and the like?

Nothing yet from the wine club front.

You could join the club though and get free shipping plus 15% off! I'm in SoCal so if you want to get in on an order with me and you're in SoCal, you're more than welcome.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose
PSquishy wrote:Nothing yet from the wine club front.

You could join the club though and get free shipping plus 15% off! I'm in SoCal so if you want to get in on an order with me and you're in SoCal, you're more than welcome.

I joined the wine club, hehe, I shoulda done that a long time ago.

NYC!

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Sam's Club bought the entire stock of Cameron Hughes 2005 Central Coast Meritage. It is available in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

CT Link

Website Link

Very nice everyday red for just over $6. Perfect with pizza, pasta with marinara, etc. You can check the Cameron Hughes website to see if your local Sam's has any in stock.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight
nmachen wrote:Sam's Club bought the entire stock of Cameron Hughes 2005 Central Coast Meritage. It is available in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.

CT Link

Website Link

Very nice everyday red for just over $6. Perfect with pizza, pasta with marinara, etc. You can check the Cameron Hughes website to see if your local Sam's has any in stock.

While I haven't had this particular CH wine, $6/bottle strikes me about right for the value I've found in other CH wines.

But perhaps even though they came from different sources, they had retail storage issues not the fault of CH. Nonetheless, I am reluctant to jump back in the pool.

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw

Huge YMMV, but I was in Kalispell, MT on vacation last week, and stopped in the Albertsons- they were selling the 2008 Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc for $9.49, (regular price, not a sale), 10% off of 6 or more- pretty decent deal if you like the grassy SB's (which I do- and picked up a case)
I have no idea if that's the price for all albertsons, or just the one in Kalispell, I don't have one near by to check.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kyle83uw wrote:Huge YMMV, but I was in Kalispell, MT on vacation last week, and stopped in the Albertsons- they were selling the 2008 Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc for $9.49, (regular price, not a sale), 10% off of 6 or more- pretty decent deal if you like the grassy SB's (which I do- and picked up a case)
I have no idea if that's the price for all albertsons, or just the one in Kalispell, I don't have one near by to check.

I'm going to check tomorrow. Normally it's between $13 and $15. It's $13 at Costco here in SoCal right now.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
kylemittskus wrote:I'm going to check tomorrow. Normally it's between $13 and $15. It's $13 at Costco here in SoCal right now.

Yeah, that's usually what I end up paying for it @ costco in WA- so I thought this was a great deal- especially for a major grocery store.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Wine Library is running it's latest "HI I'M GARY VAY-NER-CHUCK and THIS DEAL WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" sale. The prices are already marked down online, though the sale and list isn't up yet.

Usually caveat emptor with WL sales since they try to move the stuff that ain't moving. Or they have large quantities of X, so they need to sell lots of X. Good customer service, but with sales you must wade through some mediocre stuff usually.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

cheron98

Before bkarney scalps me here, too...

RueLaLa heads up - Starting TODAY at 11:00 AM:
September 23 - 25, RueLaLa will be offering Patz & Hall wines, as well as opening the Metrokane boutique (for all those lovely wine gadgets we all love).

kylemittskus

gcdyersb wrote:Wine Library is running it's latest "HI I'M GARY VAY-NER-CHUCK and THIS DEAL WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF" sale. The prices are already marked down online, though the sale and list isn't up yet.

Usually caveat emptor with WL sales since they try to move the stuff that ain't moving. Or they have large quantities of X, so they need to sell lots of X. Good customer service, but with sales you must wade through some mediocre stuff usually.

Find any standouts? Anyone else find anything worth-while?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
kylemittskus wrote:Find any standouts? Anyone else find anything worth-while?

I took a quick glance (very quick since I'm not letting myself buy) and I see that the 2004 Carodorum Toro Crianza they have down to $15.47 which I paid $17.01 early last month for my 2 bottles during their pre-sale (or some other sale). So they've dropped it another $2.50 for this sale. They normally sell it at 19.98. Though as it's not ready to drink yet, I have no input on the wine itself.

If I didn't just buy 2 bottles at 16.98 in July of the 2005 Peachy Canyon Petite Sirah, I would buy it now at $15.01.

The '05 Galena also has a nice price drop from 24.98 to 22.10.

Man, I wish I could buy some of this stuff right now. Though I also wouldn't buy until I could find a super secret free shipping code that would work, as I hate paying for shipping since they have so many free shipping specials.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

There is a 2007 Patricia Green Estate Pinot Noir @ #173 for $22.75. I haven't had the 2007, but I generally enjoy her wines.

Edit: 06 T-Vine Zin @ 278 for $33.08
2006 K Vintners Guido (red blend) @ #422 for $33.00
2005 Dr. Konstantin Frank Pinot Noir @ 438 for $21.60

CT

kylemittskus

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Though I also wouldn't buy until I could find a super secret free shipping code that would work, as I hate paying for shipping since they have so many free shipping specials.

Searcher.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

I was watching for a couple things that I already had in mind, Havens Bourriquot and Soos Creek wines. They went on sale, which is not surprising as WL was already pushing them heavily. Not a great deal, but decent enough to go for stuff that I'd like to save for the right time.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

kylemittskus

gcdyersb wrote:I was watching for a couple things that I already had in mind, Havens Bourriquot and Soos Creek wines. They went on sale, which is not surprising as WL was already pushing them heavily. Not a great deal, but decent enough to go for stuff that I'd like to save for the right time.

I grabbed four of these. For $20 plus free shipping -- perfect Tuesday drinker.

rooboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rooboy

Frazier Winery
Family Estate
Cabernet Sauvignon 2004

is up on the other wine site. We had this on wine.woot about 18 months ago.

cheron98

Chase Zin is up on that other site. At $20/bottle (free ship on 4+).

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
cheron98 wrote:Chase Zin is up on that other site. At $20/bottle (free ship on 4+).

Yup, that's $2 less than their offering a couple of months ago and way cheaper than anywhere else.

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight

WL is trustworthy but I won't buy ANYTHING from "that other site" after they shipped me wine in poor condition several times. I wonder where their wines are sourced from and how they are stored. I suspect at least some of their wines are not obtained from some of the wineries, making for less accountability in handling, etc. (I base this on follow-up contact with wineries who gave the impression of being surprised that seller had large amounts of their wine to offer.)

What value is there in a cheaper-priced wine for which there may be an undesirable reason it is being unloaded at a cheaper price?

I like Wine.Woot (and to a lesser extent some other vendors) because I have confidence in them. I won't take the risk again of ever ordering from "that other site" no matter what the price.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
MoscowMidnight wrote:WL is trustworthy but I won't buy ANYTHING from "that other site" after they shipped me wine in poor condition several times. I wonder where their wines are sourced from and how they are stored. I suspect at least some of their wines are not obtained from some of the wineries, making for less accountability in handling, etc. (I base this on follow-up contact with wineries who gave the impression of being surprised that seller had large amounts of their wine to offer.)

What value is there in a cheaper-priced wine for which there may be an undesirable reason it is being unloaded at a cheaper price?

I like Wine.Woot (and to a lesser extent some other vendors) because I have confidence in them. I won't take the risk again of ever ordering from "that other site" no matter what the price.

I guess I've been lucky. I have probably ordered from that place about 20 times in the last few years. I've never had any problems aside from regretting purchasing some lower end bargain basement wines. I can't speak to their customer service though. Like everything else it's just a matter of buyer beware. I can totally respect your decision not to want to take those risks anymore.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder
cheron98 wrote:Chase Zin is up on that other site. At $20/bottle (free ship on 4+).

No ship to NH. Credit card safe. I know it's a good deal but not going to bother searching for an alternate ship-to location.

Dude... wait, what?

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Restaurant.com $25 certificates now $2.

Code: CHEF

Offer ends Wednesday. Don't forget to select APPLY somewhere in the process to activate the special offer.

Also, read restrictions on each offer as they differ slightly at times.

I do wish that in my geographic area they had more of a selection of restaurants I'd like to eat at but they do have some pleasing choices. Check and see what's available where you live.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

cheron98

Postcard received today from Corison, by that temptress.

Corison Winery wrote:Harvest is in full swing here at Corison Winery and Cabernet season is just around the corner- time to release the 2006 Corison and 2005 Kronos Vineyard Cabernets. They will grace your table and warm your hearth. I love the way both walk that intriguing line between powerful, juicy lushness and elegant restraint.

Great early notices for the '06 Corison Cabernet: ***** (18.5) "Gorgeous floral nose...." Decanter Magazine, September 2009

"... Packed with cassis, black cherry and undercurrents of blueberry, black olive, dried herbs ... Will age gracefully." Linda Murphy, JancisRobinsom.com 11 August 2009

Through 15 Oct. 2009, FREE SHIPPING and 10% New-Release discount, 15% on 12 bottles. Order securely online at http://www.corison.com (discount will be applied at the winery, enter Code "New Release") or phone 707.963.0826. (And don't miss the Harvest Moon on 4 October!)

Cheers, Cathy

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Kroger in the DFW area has 2006 Concannon Limited Release Petite Sirah for $7.99, 20% off for 6 or more. That's 6.39 (plus tax), no shipping.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

That other site, since it has gone to the new format, or got bought out IMO, has been very tired.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

**** CORISON ALERT ****

Just got a postcard from Corison. Not sure if this is just wine club, but:

Through 0ct 15, FREE SHIPPING and 10% New-release discount, 15% on 12 bottles. (New releases are the 2006 Corison and 2005 Kronos Cabernets.) Order securely online at www.corison.com (discount will be applied at the winery, enter code "New Release") or phone 707.963.0826.

**** END ALERT ****

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:**** CORISON ALERT ****

Just got a postcard from Corison. Not sure if this is just wine club, but:

Through 0ct 15, FREE SHIPPING and 10% New-release discount, 15% on 12 bottles. (New releases are the 2007 Corison and 2005 Kronos Cabernets.) Order securely online at www.corison.com (discount will be applied at the winery, enter code "New Release") or phone 707.963.0826.

**** END ALERT ****

Ahem

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:Ahem

Missed it. You had it in a reply box, so I skimmed right by. And you got the year right and everything.

Sorry. Then again, no one can hear enough about Corison deals.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:Missed it. You had it in a reply box, so I skimmed right by. And you got the year right and everything.

Sorry. Then again, no one can hear enough about Corison deals.

Except those of us who can't afford it even if it is a deal, and want to smack you around for telling us over and over again.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Except those of us who can't afford it even if it is a deal, and want to smack you around for telling us over and over again.

Will power builds character.

My Cellar

djbrownmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djbrownmd
smartheart wrote:Restaurant.com $25 certificates now $2.

Code: CHEF

Offer ends Wednesday. Don't forget to select APPLY somewhere in the process to activate the special offer.

Also, read restrictions on each offer as they differ slightly at times.

I do wish that in my geographic area they had more of a selection of restaurants I'd like to eat at but they do have some pleasing choices. Check and see what's available where you live.

Wow, thanks! Is this for real? I hope so, I just bought around $500 dollars of gift certificates for $40.

jenludwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenludwig
djbrownmd wrote:Wow, thanks! Is this for real? I hope so, I just bought around $500 dollars of gift certificates for $40.

I use a lot of restaurant.com certificates when we travel. Just keep an eye on the conditions for use on each certificate. A lot can't be used for alcohol, and all have a minimum you must spend to use the certificate. Some are only good certain days of the week. But they are always a great deal, especially when you get them with an extra special like this one Enjoy!

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

https://www.zagatwine.com/offer.aspx?promo=2124005 supposedly big savings but on what?

Another case offering with a non-wine name attached in an attempt to lend credibility. Having reviewed other similar offers such as WSJ, I'm not going to even bother to look up these wines but perhaps someone will find a gem among them.

Hey, it could happen...

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

kylemittskus

BevMo's 5-cent wine sale is going on again.

I'll be grabbing at least half of a case of Hedges CMS Red Blend at $6/bottle.

Java recommended the Dry Creek Vineyard Chenin Blanc last time at $5.50/bottle.

Probably worth a look-see for some Tuesday night wines.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
kylemittskus wrote:BevMo's 5-cent wine sale is going on again.

I'll be grabbing at least half of a case of Hedges CMS Red Blend at $6/bottle.

Sparky recommended the Dry Creek Vineyard Chenin Blanc last time at $5.50/bottle.

Probably worth a look-see for some Tuesday night wines.

Twas me that recommended the DCV.

Looks like they also have several of the Roshambo wines as part of the 5 cent sale. I didn't get in on them when they were on woot and I think they received mixed reviews but it might be worth testing the waters with the discount.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.