kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
burrnini wrote:I've always been curious about these types of random bottle deals. i've always assumed you get wines they can't sell other ways and/or cheap low quality wines. how true is my assumption?

I have no idea; I've never done a deal like this. But what you get is 12 bottles of wine at $10 a piece, which is pretty cheap (although the wine may be horrible) and a 6 bottle cooler for free (although 6 bottles is pretty meager).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:I have no idea; I've never done a deal like this. But what you get is 12 bottles of wine at $10 a piece, which is pretty cheap (although the wine may be horrible) and a 6 bottle cooler for free (although 6 bottles is pretty meager).

I have done a deal like this, about a year pre-woot, with 4 Seasons. They offer a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied, and while the wine hasn't been woot quality, it's been worth the 10 bucks a bottle, and the cooler is still going strong. Sure, it's only 6 bottles, but that's > 0 bottles.

kylemittskus wrote: I think it may be a sign up thing that you need to cancel after receiving, but here you go.

Based on my experience with offers of this type, I would say this is very likely the case, but canceling shouldn't be a problem. Read the fine print first, though, as always.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
ddeuddeg wrote:Based on my experience with offers of this type, I would say this is very likely the case, but canceling shouldn't be a problem. Read the fine print first, though, as always.

I have had about half of the wines listed above (not from 4 Seasons but from other sources) and they are worth the price point being offered.
Not the most spectacular wines but solid everyday drinkers.

If you were on the Sip and Sail the Riesling Spatlese that we brought was a 4 Seasons purchase for $8.67 which included tax and shipping. Luckily I still have 9 bottles left since they have sold out.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Dang...I wish I lived closer to Paso Robles, this is from Vina Robles' FB status update:

"Vina Robles SPECIAL SALE: stop by our Tasting Room and pick up a case of Vina Robles Roseum for only $84 - that's only $7 per bottle! www.vinarobles.com"

I was pretty happy with that wine when I got it from woot.

Then you should be nice to me, since I picked 2 of them up during the SoCal Gathering at Vineyard MadWine.

And anyone interested in T-Vine Cellars? I'm trying to get an order in, and it's only $10 more for 12 bottles rather than 6. And I'm looking for 8, so only need someone to want 4 bottles to fill it to 12.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

Krugsters wrote:
If you were on the Sip and Sail the Riesling Spatlese that we brought was a 4 Seasons purchase for $8.67 which included tax and shipping. Luckily I still have 9 bottles left since they have sold out.

I know they have. I went looking for it as soon as you said that's where you got it. Darn!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

Ty Caton Club shipment soon.

Anyone need anything? No PS available.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ty Caton Club shipment soon.

Anyone need anything? No PS available.

No field blend either.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:No field blend either.

True, but I still have 9 of them .... :evil laugh:

Krugsters

ddeuddeg wrote:I know they have. I went looking for it as soon as you said that's where you got it. Darn!

Would you like 1 or 2 bottles from my cellar? I looked, no one has this anymore.

Krugsters

Also, one more thing and then I'll leave y'all alone.
WL still has the N.V. Alvear Pedro Ximénez Montilla-Moriles Solera 1927 for $15.99 a bottle (375ml). Most other places, if they still have it, are charging $40 a bottle.

If you like sherry or are curious, this bottle is delicious and will age for a long time.

I bought a case.

Wine Library PX Sherry

CT link

PS-WL has the wrong label posted for this on their website. Ignore this. I called and made sure it was the correct bottle.

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen
kylemittskus wrote: A case of wine and a 6 bottle cooler for $120 shipped

Not sure how the wine is. I think it may be a sign up thing that you need to cancel after receiving, but here you go.

I was in the WSJ club for a while. The wines are average - nothing special, but not bad either. Still have the cooler from when I signed up in the box (hope it works when I finally do decide I need it...)

The club does ship to you every 2 months unless you cancel. They do offer a money back guarantee & I found them to be very good about honoring it - just call them & tell them you got a bad bottle & they'll credit you.

If you need some "everyday drinkers" and a cooler - go for it!

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Ty Caton 2006 Sonoma Cab on Wine Spies tomorrow at $31.50/bottle. Free shipping with 6 bottles. (CABSPY is the code.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Ty Caton 2006 Sonoma Cab on Wine Spies tomorrow at $31.50/bottle. Free shipping with 6 bottles. (CABSPY is the code.)

I also got that email from Ty. Of course, as you and I know all too well, they can't ship to NY. That's OK, I can resist this one.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I also got that email from Ty. Of course, as you and I know all too well, they can't ship to NY. That's OK, I can resist this one.

Although you will be in Vegas soon .... not too far from California .....

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
polarbear22 wrote:Ty Caton 2006 Sonoma Cab on Wine Spies tomorrow at $31.50/bottle. Free shipping with 6 bottles. (CABSPY is the code.)

Any Texans want to split a 6-pack?

Or should I cross my fingers and hope WD gets some of this action too?

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
eric9tx wrote:Any Texans want to split a 6-pack?

Or should I cross my fingers and hope WD gets some of this action too?

I would like to, but when I put my zip code in they say they can't ship to me.

Z

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I was considering joining the WSJ club last year (non-cooler offer) but when I researched the wines they were offering they were very low 80s scores and a number of 70+s. So I passed.

I haven't looked at the wines in the current offering but I'd advise research in advance.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

eric9tx

zmanonice wrote:I would like to, but when I put my zip code in they say they can't ship to me.

Z

Oh, Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966). You're right. I forgot about them and TX. Oh, well... my wallet is safe. Ty is a good friend of woot. I'm sure we'll be seeing him eventually. Nice to see you around. Hope you can make the next woot dinner. Not to rub it in, but we had a blast at the last one!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Although you will be in Vegas soon .... not too far from California .....

I wish. I'm afraid we're hosting a 7 course gourmet dinner for 8 that weekend.

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

Frog's Leap has several selections available at www.RueLaLa.com, TODAY ONLY, for about 1/3 off. If you are interested, and not a free member, here's an invitation:

http://www.ruelala.com/invite/forwinewoot

edit: shipping for 6 bottles seems to $9.95, at least to me in California

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

ddeuddeg

wine.com has a pre-harvest clearance sale going on, with Iron Horse Classic Vintage Brut 2003 marked down from $33 to $24.99.

Cesare

quality posts: 1613 Private Messages Cesare

Free shipping until 9/8 at Winelibrary. Code: IANSAWAY
Also a deal on Clone 5 Pinot and Cab: link
I've had the 05 and 06 Pinot and it's nice.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:Free shipping until 9/8 at Winelibrary. Code: IANSAWAY
Also a deal on Clone 5 Pinot and Cab: link
I've had the 05 and 06 Pinot and it's nice.

Free shipping on any order?

jhoofard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhoofard
kylemittskus wrote:Free shipping on any order?

"Searcher" has been working for me for months.........

Jeff in PDX

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Today only -- free shipping and discounts at winelibrary!

Carver-Sutro PS 2005, Neal Family PS, T-Vine PS, Corte Riva PS, Smith-Woodhouse '03 Port, and Zardini '04 Amarone.

SutroPSFS, NealPSFS, TVinePSFS, ZardiniAMFS, CortePSFS, smithportfs.

Matches lowest winesearcher prices and free shipping. TODAY ONLY.

These are my coupon codes, so enjoy. Just save some for me.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

I'm not personally familiar with Rabbit Ridge Winery in Paso Robles but they have their wines AND shipping at 50% off through 9/7.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs074/1101827195676/archive/1102691631446.html

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

duckduckgoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages duckduckgoose
javadrinker wrote:I'm not personally familiar with Rabbit Ridge Winery in Paso Robles but they have their wines AND shipping at 50% off through 9/7.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs074/1101827195676/archive/1102691631446.html

Thanks for the info...I like their wines (Zin, mourvedre, meritage). At 50% off, I think I'll try some of their other wines too.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

A friend of mine found this wine club deal

https://www.wsjwine.com/discovery_offer.aspx?promo=2033013

I thought some people want to get into that

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

World Market has http://www.snooth.com/wine/osborne-solaz-shiraz-tempranillo-2006/
for $4.99. I found it a little oaky, but not bad for a party or 2nd bottle.

polarbear22

bud8jr wrote:World Market has http://www.snooth.com/wine/osborne-solaz-shiraz-tempranillo-2006/
for $4.99. I found it a little oaky, but not bad for a party or 2nd bottle.

And makes a decent sangria.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

kylemittskus

Free shipping all day long from WL. Use code: LABORDAY4

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
polarbear22 wrote:And makes a decent sangria.

Funny that you mention that as I was in Sevilla, Spain a couple weeks ago. They have a drink with tinto, fanta lemon lime or orange and a squeeze of lemon on ice. I cant remember the name of it, but the boys that have been there for many missions told me that I did not want to order the sangria which I found out was not this one.

This (spanish name? for the spritzer drink)was very refreshing by the hotel pool, the bartender was pouring alot of them, even to the locals at the 40+ degree celsius temp.

BTW even the 4* hotel lobby and nicer santa cruz tapas bars have great wine at 2.40 euros a glass.

Only a week there, I did not have time at Corte Ingles to figure it all out with the regions and varietals of Spain.

Cruzcampo is the best pilsner, by far. Hienekin owns them so maybe they will make the recepe here in the states soon.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Without opening up the whole BD wine can of worms again (I hope), Snooth has links to discounts of up to 50% on several Benziger wines. The links (after the article) take you directly to Benziger's website. Shipping (as always) may be the deal breaker. The discounts are good through 9/26.

http://www.snooth.com/articles/winery-profiles/benziger-leading-the-way-on-sonoma-mountain/

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

polarbear22

From Corison winery ....

Through 21 September 2009, the Autumnal Equinox

Take 10% off any 2006 Corison Cabernet order
15% on 12 bottles or more

FREE SHIPPING for any order of 6 bottles of or more

My Cellar

Cesare

quality posts: 1613 Private Messages Cesare

Restaurant.com 90% off to celebrate 09/09/09. Code is Ninety. From now through Sunday.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Krugsters

Cesare wrote:Restaurant.com 90% off to celebrate 09/09/09. Code is Ninety. From now through Sunday.

I don't know about the rest of yous but I use these certificates constantly.
Thanks Cesare. I just got 7 more.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Haywood Estate Offers (included with shipment):

*choose any item or special on our website and enjoy free shipping!

*if you want to reorder the woot set from them: 3-pack $56 + tax or 6-pack $99.99 + tax
free shipping

*3-pack Morning Sun Zin - $62 + tax free shipping

e-mail info@haywoodwinery.com or call 877-996-4299 offer valid thru 9/30

CT

eric9tx

Krugsters wrote:I don't know about the rest of yous but I use these certificates constantly.
Thanks Cesare. I just got 7 more.

I get zero results within 30 miles of my zip code. How much does that suck?

213 wooted bottles

CT

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Riedel:

20% Off With Coupon

Feel free to forward this coupon to family, friends and colleagues so they can also receive 20% off orders purchased on www.riedelwebstore.com.

How to use:
1. Sign into www.riedelwebstore.com or create a new account.
2. Enter coupon code in shopping cart and click "apply coupon".
3. The discount will be automatically added to your shopping cart.

20% Off entire shopping cart.

COUPON CODE: HAPPYBDAY

deal expires: 9/15

free shipping for orders $75 and up

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Got a call (of all things) from the folks at Andretti. They are having "amazing deals" on most of their wines for "some of their best previous club members". (I've never been part of their club, though did buy that crazy deal & mixup a few months back)

Anyway, guy wouldn't give me a complete list, though was happy to chat about most all of the wines... basically everything is on special, and perhaps best of all, they were providing the deals on 3, 6, or 12 bottles, not just cases.

The biggest deal was on their Montona 2006 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. This is their "flagship" reserve cab. Normally $65 available now for $25. Pretty big discount! He also mentioned a bunch of marketing about 2006 being the most amazing year in recent memory and such.

Let me know if you want more details on any specific wine, and I'll see if I find out the info.