ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

WInespies have a single vineyard '06 Pedroncelli Cab for $14.40, free shipping with 6, today only. Sure wish they could ship to NY.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:WInespies have a single vineyard '06 Pedroncelli Cab for $14.40, free shipping with 6, today only. Sure wish they could ship to NY.

Standing offer for wootlegger. I can tranship if takes too long to hook up.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Andretti Selections Series 2007 Fumé Blanc- $75.00 Case Special

A sensational value: $75.00 / case- based on inventory availability.

With its highly expressive citrus notes including hints of passion fruit, this wine delivers bright flavors of Fuji apple leaving a strong and balanced mouth feel and a pleasant clean long finish. The wine never touches a sliver of oak, rather opting for all stainless steel to preserve the delicate fruit character of this wine.

Perfect for everyday drinking pleasures, our 2007 Fumé Blanc pairs well with seafood and light pasta dishes, and also marries nicely with white meats such as pork and veal. Bring out the fresh and lively citrus flavors of this wine by pairing it with spicy and ethnic cuisines such as Japanese, Thai, Mexican and Southwestern fare.

* Please, no further discounts may be applied. Special offered based on inventory availability, thru August 1, 2009.

CT | | | | | |

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
jwhite6114 wrote:

Andretti Selections Series 2007 Fumé Blanc- $75.00 Case Special

A sensational value: $75.00 / case- based on inventory availability.

With its highly expressive citrus notes including hints of passion fruit, this wine delivers bright flavors of Fuji apple leaving a strong and balanced mouth feel and a pleasant clean long finish. The wine never touches a sliver of oak, rather opting for all stainless steel to preserve the delicate fruit character of this wine.

Perfect for everyday drinking pleasures, our 2007 Fumé Blanc pairs well with seafood and light pasta dishes, and also marries nicely with white meats such as pork and veal. Bring out the fresh and lively citrus flavors of this wine by pairing it with spicy and ethnic cuisines such as Japanese, Thai, Mexican and Southwestern fare.

* Please, no further discounts may be applied. Special offered based on inventory availability, thru August 1, 2009.

uh, not sure if it's an error or not, but when I select it, it's $23 (!!!!!) for the case plus $20 for shipping to Colorado.

polarbear22

joelsisk wrote:uh, not sure if it's an error or not, but when I select it, it's $23 (!!!!!) for the case plus $20 for shipping to Colorado.

Me too. So I placed the order. I expect a phone call when they catch the error, but if not, what a deal!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

joelsisk

polarbear22 wrote:Me too. So I placed the order. I expect a phone call when they catch the error, but if not, what a deal!!

you and me both... that $23 is the "normal" price for a SINGLE BOTTLE.

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
joelsisk wrote:you and me both... that $23 is the "normal" price for a SINGLE BOTTLE.

It's $75 a case now. I did see before when it was $23.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
joelsisk wrote:you and me both... that $23 is the "normal" price for a SINGLE BOTTLE.

EDIT: cleared my big statement after now seeing that it's at $75 a case now instead of the $23. Let us know if you actually get it for $23.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Standing offer for wootlegger. I can tranship if takes too long to hook up.

In that case, I'll order 6 and use your address for shipping, if you're sure you don't mind. We'll worry about a transfer later.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

joelsisk

HitAnyKey42 wrote:EDIT: cleared my big statement after now seeing that it's at $75 a case now instead of the $23. Let us know if you actually get it for $23.

they also just fixed the shipping to be $43 to Colorado, which happened a bit after the price fix. $120/case is a nice deal, but not a must buy firesale price of $43 for a shipped case. At the moment, the order is still unshipped/unbilled. Will let you know what happens!

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:In that case, I'll order 6 and use your address for shipping, if you're sure you don't mind. We'll worry about a transfer later.

Not a problem. You have the address?

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Not a problem. You have the address?

I do. Thanks.

polarbear22

joelsisk wrote:they also just fixed the shipping to be $43 to Colorado, which happened a bit after the price fix. $120/case is a nice deal, but not a must buy firesale price of $43 for a shipped case. At the moment, the order is still unshipped/unbilled. Will let you know what happens!

Shippin gto CT is $57.50. I still have a couple of guys at the office that want to split the case. I hope that they will give me a break on shipping. The $75 price for the case is a great deal.

My Cellar

polarbear22

joelsisk wrote:they also just fixed the shipping to be $43 to Colorado, which happened a bit after the price fix. $120/case is a nice deal, but not a must buy firesale price of $43 for a shipped case. At the moment, the order is still unshipped/unbilled. Will let you know what happens!

Shippin gto CT is $57.50. I still have a couple of guys at the office that want to split the case. I hope that they will give me a break on shipping. The $75 price for the case is a great deal.

My Cellar

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Ok, this is for a limited few in the IL/WI geography. I was at the Costco in Grafton, WI yesterday and I purchased a Vinotemp wine fridge that holds 182 bottles for $499.97. They originally sold it for $1299 (online it listed ofr over $2000). They still had one more after my purchase. Just a heads up.

polarbear22

Heard from Andretti. They apologized for the error and asked if I wanted at the correct price or to cancel. I asked and got a little sweetner on the deal. So it worked out very well.

Shipping is almost half the cost per bottle, but still a good deal.

My Cellar

jwhite6114

polarbear22 wrote:Heard from Andretti. They apologized for the error and asked if I wanted at the correct price or to cancel. I asked and got a little sweetner on the deal. So it worked out very well.

Well, glad something came of it

CT | | | | | |

joelsisk

polarbear22 wrote:Heard from Andretti. They apologized for the error and asked if I wanted at the correct price or to cancel. I asked and got a little sweetner on the deal. So it worked out very well.

Interesting. I haven't heard from them (yet), and on the order page online, there are still no notes from the winery.

Care to PM details of what deal you got?

PSquishy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PSquishy
hld1970 wrote:Ok, this is for a limited few in the IL/WI geography. I was at the Costco in Grafton, WI yesterday and I purchased a Vinotemp wine fridge that holds 182 bottles for $499.97. They originally sold it for $1299 (online it listed ofr over $2000). They still had one more after my purchase. Just a heads up.

Damn good deal there! Nice find.

hld1970

PSquishy wrote:Damn good deal there! Nice find.

Why thank you PSquishy.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Free shipping today only on a couple of Paso Robles wines (a Cab Sav and a PS) from Wine Library:

http://winelibrary.com/wines/44561-2005+Peachy+Canyon+Old+School+House+Cabernet+Sauvignon+750ML

http://winelibrary.com/wines/44562-2005+Peachy+Canyon+Petite+Sirah+750ML

The producer is Peachy Canyon and they are both 90 pointers from GV so may have to give them a shot (at least the PS). Use code PEACHY for the free shipping.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

HitAnyKey42

javadrinker wrote:Free shipping today only on a couple of Paso Robles wines (a Cab Sav and a PS) from Wine Library:

http://winelibrary.com/wines/44561-2005+Peachy+Canyon+Old+School+House+Cabernet+Sauvignon+750ML

The producer is Peachy Canyon and they are both 90 pointers from GV so may have to give them a shot (at least the PS). Use code PEACHY for the free shipping.

I was actually JUST about to post about this. Krugsters is constantly raving about Peachy Canyon wines, though I doubt she's had either of these. I'll most likely have to grab myself a couple bottles of each just cuz of her recommendations on the producer.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I was actually JUST about to post about this. Krugsters is constantly raving about Peachy Canyon wines, though I doubt she's had either of these. I'll most likely have to grab myself a couple bottles of each just cuz of her recommendations on the producer.

My best friends love their zins. I have not had any of their wines. And like a lot of the WL offers, I'd be in if it weren't for the summer.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I was actually JUST about to post about this. Krugsters is constantly raving about Peachy Canyon wines, though I doubt she's had either of these. I'll most likely have to grab myself a couple bottles of each just cuz of her recommendations on the producer.

I have their 2003 cab franc and 2004 ps in my cellar, from winebid. Tried their zin, pretty good stuff.
Throw in these 2 bottles and you have 4 nice bottles for under $60 shipped.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

If you're a collector, WineBid has an impressive selection of Marilyn Merlot up for bid this week.

Vintages go all the way back to 1983 and include both 750s and magnums. They also have a couple of "Maneaters" which were St. Helena AVA (the rest are Napa with one Vin de Pays de l'Aude).

These are clearly for the collector of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia more than the collector of wine (though they'll likely appreciate in value whatever reason you acquire them), and though the wines aren't bad, probably not for the drinker of wine.

Sorry, no peek-a-Croooooooooow! labels this week.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
javadrinker wrote:Free shipping today only on a couple of Paso Robles wines (a Cab Sav and a PS) from Wine Library:

scaffolding. Double scaffolding. Triple scaffolding. I missed this. Would have fer sure gotten 3 bottles each. Oh well.

HitAnyKey42

Krugsters wrote:scaffolding. Double scaffolding. Triple scaffolding. I missed this. Would have fer sure gotten 3 bottles each. Oh well.

Well it was only free shipping and not a special lower price. So all you need to do is wait for another more general free shipping special where you can use a code on any wine. They have those at least a few times a year.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well it was only free shipping and not a special lower price. So all you need to do is wait for another more general free shipping special where you can use a code on any wine. They have those at least a few times a year.

I always miss those coupon codes too.

polarbear22

Krugsters wrote:I always miss those coupon codes too.

We will e-mail you with it. Push works better than pull. You may get it several times, but next time you will get it. Besides, several of us owe you a favor or two.

My Cellar

kylemittskus

For the whiskey fans, Hi Time had Johnnie Walker Blue for $130/bottle. The deal is over, but if you print that page and take it to BevMo, they will price match. It's expensive, but creamy and delicious.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

The site that shall not be named is offering:

2005 CHASE FAMILY CELLARS Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard St. Helena Napa Valley

at $22 per bottle, free shipping for four or more.

This is a good price, no?

I would be happy to split a free shipping order with anyone on the NYC area or whatever!

hld1970

speedoo wrote:The site that shall not be named is offering:

I would be happy to split a free shipping order with anyone on the NYC area or whatever!

Same goes for me if anyone in Chicago area is interested ...

kylemittskus

That is a really, really good deal. I don't need four more though. I still have two from my winery order.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

I'm in for another bottle if you order.... not that I need more zin

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
PetiteSirah wrote:I'm in for another bottle if you order.... not that I need more zin

Ok, I have you down for one and I will order. Anyone know if WTSO is customer friendly enough to add to an order already submitted? EG, increase the order to say six bottles from four?

michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

It's still up this am. Last years woot, I believe was an 04 and an 05 at about $60 with shipping. We were all pleased with that, so you have to love this deal. Friends and neighbors were looking for more when the bottles were empty. It was a sad moment soon to be remedied.
So we can add "You might be a wootaholic if you're checking wtso at 2am"

jwhite6114

michaelstencel wrote:It's still up this am. Last years woot, I believe was an 04 and an 05 at about $60 with shipping. We were all pleased with that, so you have to love this deal. Friends and neighbors were looking for more when the bottles were empty. It was a sad moment soon to be remedied.
So we can add "You might be a wootaholic if you're checking wtso at 2am"

Here's the spreadsheet from last year's woot offer for Chase. Keep in mind, all prices are from last July, so details may have changed.

How good is this deal? Chase Family Vineyards - Two Pack - 2008-07-14

CT | | | | | |

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

wow, that's killer! What's the deal with shipping from them, any special protection during summer?

CT

HitAnyKey42

bkarney wrote:wow, that's killer! What's the deal with shipping from them, any special protection during summer?

Yeah, that's super killer. That's about $5+ cheaper per bottle than we even got through woot, which we don't usually see anywhere.
Why'd you have to show me that?
If I procrastinate enough this morning, maybe it'll sell out before I let myself buy any....especially since I shouldn't be buying 4.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings