kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
ddeuddeg wrote:I found one packed in my Wellington wine club shipment for $3 less. Nice little surprise. Must have been a reward for adding 2 bottles of the White Port to the shipment. Or just 'cause I'm such a nice guy.

Ahhh. I want some of that soooo bad!!! How is it?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare
kylemittskus wrote:Ahhh. I want some of that soooo bad!!! How is it?

Tastes like you're drinking cashews.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:Tastes like you're drinking cashews.

Wow. That could definitely go either way on the good/bad scale.

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare
kylemittskus wrote:Wow. That could definitely go either way on the good/bad scale.

I exaggerate of course. It's really good, not as sweet as the red port and has some sherry qualities. Just smooth and tasty and a finish that goes for years, very nutty.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
ddeuddeg wrote:I found one packed in my Wellington wine club shipment for $3 less. Nice little surprise. Must have been a reward for adding 2 bottles of the White Port to the shipment. Or just 'cause I'm such a nice guy.

I think we are all nice peeps or something. Got an email to look for a lil something extra with the wine club shipment. Haven't tried it out yet.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

kylemittskus

Cesare wrote:I exaggerate of course. It's really good, not as sweet as the red port and has some sherry qualities. Just smooth and tasty and a finish that goes for years, very nutty.

Wow. That makes me want it even more.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Got an email from Ty Caton ....

48 Hours.
50% Discount.
100% Easy.

Tuesday, June 23 and Wednesday, June 24

Start your Summer right!

Save 50% on all Ty Caton wines* for 48 hours.

Simply click the button below to place your order:

If you prefer, call (707) 938-3224
to place your order.

Cheers!

*some wines excluded (Library and 2006 PS)

http://tycaton.com/sonoma-valley-wines-June-Sale.html

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

hsmomdj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hsmomdj

St. Supery has a four pack on sale for $79 including shipping.

Pack includes:

Sauvignon Blanc
Moscato
Cabernet Sauvignon
Virtu

Price good until 7/6

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Not quite wine... Bailey's mail in rebate for $2 off one or $5 off two...
http://www.baileys.com/Resources/us-en/pdf/Baileys_Summer_MIR_Rd_3.pdf

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Anyone up to splitting a mixed case??

From Chase Cellars:

In order to raise revenue to help with the bottling costs we are offering to everyone on our mailing list the opportunity to buy up to two cases of wine from us at wholesale price.

You may purchase any combination of the 04, 05 and 06 Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel at $360, shipping included. Because this is such a dramatic decrease in our retail price it is available only until July 10 and is only good for full cases purchases. Simply go to the web site and build a case from the 04, 05 and 06 Zins and your discounted price will show up at check out. Order Here

Now, it is the middle of summer and shipping wine will damage the wine. So your purchase will be stored in our warehouse until the heat lets up or you can pay to have it shipped overnight.

Nice vertical ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Not wine, exactly, but I just got an email from Borders Reward Perks and they are discounting restaurant.com $25 certificates 50%. So, you can pay either $5 or $6.25 (some of their certs have gone up to $12.50). All of the restaurants in our area allow these certs to count toward the purchase of wine, too.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

hsmomdj

The World Markets in San Antonio have the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige on clearance for $9.88.

kylemittskus

hsmomdj wrote:The World Markets in San Antonio have the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige on clearance for $9.88.

That's a good price. Cheapest I've seen, and bought, was $12.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

The Total Wines & More in Claymont, Delaware was just dripping with PoiZin. I didn't check the price, but they're usually competitive and certainly will beat shipping it from anywhere but here at wine.woot. It does not show up on their web site. I only saw it in the store. Literally cases of it out on the floor.

They also have seriously cut the price of 2004 Pisano ArretXea (red) to $19.99 (down from $29.99 just last February). This is a phenomenal blend of Tannat, Cab Sauv, and Merlot from Uruguay with a big "tarblacco" nose and palate, and structure suggesting that it will do well with proper aging.

Will hit at least one NoVA TW&M before I head back to Pennsylvania, and see if the prices and selection are similar.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

kylemittskus

EDIT:

Delete for stupidity.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
kylemittskus wrote: Chase Family Cellars is having a sale on their 04, 05, and 06 zinfandel. Case price: $360 including shipping. Mix and match ok. Offer ends July 10th.

Email below:

You mean the same deal Sparky posted about 4 posts above yours.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

kylemittskus

tommythecat78 wrote:You mean the same deal Sparky posted about 4 posts above yours.

Edited.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

For anyone that liked the Fife offering from many many moons ago, they are now doing a blowout clearance at Trader Joe

2002 Old Yokinio Ranch Syrah
2003 Old Vines Zin

2002 Cabernet
$6.99 each. killer deal for some wines with a lil age on them.

Screaming deal, most of the local trader joes in socal have it, but they are flying off the shelves in bundles.

iByron

[Originally posted last night in the pub]

Whole Foods has grape juice from Cabernet, Chardonnay, and Merlot grapes available. The company is First Blush and my local store had the three above. They also make a Syrah and two white tea blends, one with Cab and one with Chard. 16 oz. bottles.

I tasted the Chardonnay juice tonight. Deep gold color, much like you'd find in an old Savennieres or old Riesling. Very nice white grape flavor though I can see how it can turn neutral with fermentation. Definitely grape though, and very sweet: Niagara sweet and this without added sugar or sweetener. Not a complex drink, but then it's white grape juice.

Will have the Merlot next. Going from least to most complex. Too bad they didn't have the Syrah. I'll be that's heavenly.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

iByron wrote:
Whole Foods has grape juice from Cabernet, Chardonnay, and Merlot grapes available. The company is First Blush and my local store had the three above...

Had the Merlot. Tasted just like plum juice! Obviously the source of the "plummy" reference that frequently pops up in Merlot tasting notes.

Saving a bit to blend with the Cabernet juice.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
cheron98 wrote:80% off time at restaurant.com again. This time the discount code is SPECIAL.

70% off now (7-day sale?), discount code SEVENTY.

Dude... wait, what?

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Case of Washington wine $120 shipped. Two bottles each of six great varietal wines from one of the most diverse wine growing regions in the world. The reds include Cabernet, Syrah and Merlot and the whites are Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris. You can order all reds, all white or mixed.

https://www.barclayswine.com/special/index.aspx

Randall Harris Merlot
Dangerously drinkable Washington merlot

This merlot is from the Columbia Valley in Washington State, where long warm days and brisk, cool nights produce wines of great balance and acidity. This is a versatile, easy-drinking merlot with plush ripe fruit on the nose: think blackberrys and dark plum, plus a whiff of bright red berry. It is velvety smooth on the palate, with soft tannins and a nice long finish with just enough oaky spiciness that makes us think it would pair nicely with BBQ ribs (I’d go with a dry rub instead of a big sweet sauce).
Regular Price - $13.00 per bottle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barrelstone Syrah
Old World complexity complements New World richness in this generous Washington Syrah

Syrah is another classic French grape that has flourished in the New World. The most important grape of the northern Rhone, this peppery varietal was embraced by early Australian winemaking pioneers, who bumped up the fruit and called it “shiraz.” Here in America the grape is experiencing an explosion in popularity, and has developed its own style as well. Washington state, with its cooler climate similar to the Northern Rhone, is producing some excellent syrah. The ’07 Barrelstone is a nice blend of Old World spice and complexity, and New World fruit and richness. In the glass it’s a gorgeous inky dark purple in color. On the nose is exhibits a typical warm, earthy spiciness, countered with a rich, dark fruit. It has full flavors of black cherry, black currant and nice round tannins with just the right balance of oak. It’s a big wine, but not overblown, and the medium tannins and fruit would allow this wine to drink well on its own, yet pair nicely with meat dishes such as rack of lamb, roasted pork, and grilled steak, say, with a red wine reduction? You decide.
Regular Price - $14.00 per bottle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willow Crest Pinot Gris

100% Pinot Gris - Wonderful sweet, ripe honeydew and pear aromas fill this medium bodied wine. Full on the mid-palate with citrus notes and underlying minerality. Round and generous with lingering fruit on the finish.

Bridgman Cabernet

The sunny slopes of the Yakima Valley foothills provide the perfect growing conditions for producing intensely flavored, balanced and complex wines. Long sun-drenched days and cool evenings in this desert climate yield bold, hearty and lucscious world-class wines. Look for aromas of blackberry, sweet cherry, blueberry and cedar spice.
Regular Price - $13.50 per bottle

Bridgman Chardonnay

Butterscotch, ripe apples, citrus, vanilla spice and tropical flavors explode on the palate while a long creamy finish balances all with mouth-cleansing acidity. This complexity is the result of oak fermentation, 90% mololactic fermentation, and extended lees contact.

Washington Hills Sauvignon Blanc
An unforgettable, perfectly balanced white at an amazing value

Sauvignon blanc is a popular grape all over France but is the signature white from the Sancerre region of the Loire Valley. Its typical aromas are of melon and mineral, and this sauvignon blanc, though from Washington state, is no exception. It has a remarkable bouquet: pear, gooseberry, melon, fresh grass, and finishes with a distinct minerality that really grabs your attention. On the palate, it remains true to its Old World roots as well, with flavors of green apple, a touch of white grapefruit, and an incredibly balanced and clean mouth feel all the way through the finish. Not too sweet, not too tart, this wine will pair perfectly with shellfish dipped in melted butter, or any seafood or rich chicken dish for that matter. Washington Hills has been garnering a reputation recently for producing exceptional value wines, and this sauvignon blanc is a great example.
Regular Price - $12.50 per bottle

bahwm

LoonBoarder wrote:70% off now (7-day sale?), discount code SEVENTY.

Hey, Loon! How did you get this discount code? I just tried to use it and it wouldn't work. I wonder if they set up the codes based on where you live . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
bahwm wrote:Hey, Loon! How did you get this discount code? I just tried to use it and it wouldn't work. I wonder if they set up the codes based on where you live . . .

Are people getting these codes through subscription to a mailing list or through postings on a website?

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex
bahwm wrote:Hey, Loon! How did you get this discount code? I just tried to use it and it wouldn't work. I wonder if they set up the codes based on where you live . . .

I just used it yesterday with no problem. I got a certificate for a restaurant in Arizona and I'm in Ohio. I don't think it's location specific.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
clayfu wrote:For anyone that liked the Fife offering from many many moons ago, they are now doing a blowout clearance at Trader Joe

2002 Old Yokinio Ranch Syrah
2003 Old Vines Zin

2002 Cabernet
$6.99 each. killer deal for some wines with a lil age on them.

Screaming deal, most of the local trader joes in socal have it, but they are flying off the shelves in bundles.

I didn't see any Fife wines at my local TJ's, but there are some interesting things there:

2006 Domaine Alfred Pinot Noir @ $23 (typically $35 to $40)

Domaine Alfred Chardonay (also heavily discounted)

Lorca Gary's Vineyard 2003 Pinot Noir @ $15 (a well-known single vineyard with some age at that price might be worth a shot)

TJ's 2007 Petit Reserve Cabernet Franc @ $6 (This tastes like a barrel sample with lots of oak, but it has good cool climate balance oak monster aside. I have a feeling it's from Templeton or Santa Margarita in southern Paso Robles. Since 2007 was a really good vintage I'll pick up a few and see if they integrate a bit.)

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Hmm. Got it via email from a relative in AZ. I didn't actually try it, just assumed it would work. Looked like an official deal..

Dude... wait, what?

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
smartheart wrote:Are people getting these codes through subscription to a mailing list or through postings on a website?

direct from restaurant.com. When they have a deal, they send emails. Seventy was also the code I got, and worked fine for me in CO.

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
gcdyersb wrote:

Lorca Gary's Vineyard 2003 Pinot Noir @ $15 (a well-known single vineyard with some age at that price might be worth a shot)

nice find! I'll drop by this week and be on the lookout. That should be coming along nicely!

bahwm

joelsisk wrote:direct from restaurant.com. When they have a deal, they send emails. Seventy was also the code I got, and worked fine for me in CO.

It's so strange. I never get anything directly from restaurant.com--even though I signed up to get offers from them. However, I got something in my Borders Rewards Perks for 70% a $25 certificate, but you have to access the offer from the Borders' offer.

Thanks for the other responses.

hsmomdj

From Twisted Oak

It didn't die on the vine... but I needed to get some
software issues sorted out, and get past the last wine club ship.

If you are still interested I have created a shipping-included white deal here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/White-Wine-Bundle

Thanks for your patience! - jeff

hsmomdj

From Twisted Oak

It didn't die on the vine... but I needed to get some
software issues sorted out, and get past the last wine club ship.

If you are still interested I have created a shipping-included white deal here:

http://www.twistedoak.com/White-Wine-Bundle

Thanks for your patience! - jeff

kylemittskus

Free shipping on 50 wines from Wine Library today (Sunday) only.

Use code SUNDAY90.

cooneym11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cooneym11
kylemittskus wrote:Free shipping on 50 wines from Wine Library today (Sunday) only.

Use code SUNDAY90.

Or use code SEARCHER for free shipping on any order!

bud8jr

cooneym11 wrote:Or use code SEARCHER for free shipping on any order!

Thanks, ordered a case of http://winelibrary.com/wines/46641-2008+Thorn+Clarke+Terra+Barossa+Shiraz+1L
at $12.99 a litre shipped.

kylemittskus

cooneym11 wrote:Or use code SEARCHER for free shipping on any order!

Where did that come from/how long is it good for?

cooneym11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cooneym11

Killer deal on some great Washington juice from WL.

Soos Creek wines (great under the radar wines with awesome vineyard sources) sample 3-pack at $25/bottle with free shipping.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Award Winning Wines

Beat the summer heat with FREE TWO DAY SHIPPING on purchases of 4 bottles or more of our amazing award winning wines. Simply enter codeword: twoday and we will rush you your wine to make sure that it arrives nice and cool and ready to drink at your home. Hurry and order this offer expires July 26th.

2006 J&S Reserve Barbera
Platinum Medal in the New World
International Wine Competition
$30.00/bottle

ORDER NOW

2006 Old Vine Zinfandel
Gold Medal 94 Points in the Beverage Testing Institute
$30.00/bottle

ORDER NOW

2006 Mountain Selection Zinfandel
Gold Medal in the Amador County Fair
Gold Medal 90 Points from the Beverage Testing Institute
$20.00/bottle

ORDER NOW

2006 Mountain Selection Barbera
Gold Medal in the San Francisco Chronicle
Wine Competition
$20.00/bottle

ORDER NOW

CT | | | | | |

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
cooneym11 wrote:Killer deal on some great Washington juice from WL.

Soos Creek wines (great under the radar wines with awesome vineyard sources) sample 3-pack at $25/bottle with free shipping.

Wish I could get these, but ground shipping would cook them ten times over and air shipping would make it a poor value.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

bud8jr

kylemittskus wrote:Where did that come from/how long is it good for?

"searcher" @ winelibrary.com

still good now for free shipping.