Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Rather than have it floating around in the pub, let's place them here, and delete when they expire.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

Hagafen, IMO the best American kosher winery, has 15% off with "Holidays2008" coupon code. Their wines are quite tasty, and IMO, a nice value -- especially the whites.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

This site is probably the best site around for finding great deals on good wine.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Loweeel

Corrado wrote:This site is probably the best site around for finding great deals on good wine.

no arguments here .

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

50% off Ty Caton, Dec2-3. Ad here

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
Cesare wrote:50% off Ty Caton, Dec2-3. Ad here

Field Blend for $13?!? frak frak frak!!! anybody want to split a case???

do you know... what biodynamics is?

Loweeel

themostrighteous wrote:Field Blend for $13?!? frak frak frak!!! anybody want to split a case???

So tempting... must not buy more wine... even though I do have 7 bottles, I will never drink one of the 3 signed ones.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

WV69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WV69

Do you have to buy a case to get the discount? If so, can you mix and match a case? I've never had the pleasure of a bottle of TC, and maybe this is the opportunity?

EDIT: OK, I see that I can order whatever quantity I want to.

Question for the TC experts out there...if I were to place an order of 4 bottles only, which ones should I not miss? And if I were to order 6?

Loweeel

WV69 wrote:Do you have to buy a case to get the discount? If so, can you mix and match a case? I've never had the pleasure of a bottle of TC, and maybe this is the opportunity?

Question for the TC experts out there...if I were to place an order of 4 bottles only, which ones should I not miss? And if I were to order 6?

I don't know about the '04 cab. Don't miss the field blend -- world's best QPR. The PS is also PSpectacular, but needs a few more years. The Tytanium is a steal at that price. Malbec... couldn't tell whether it needed more age or just isn't great. Don't remember much about the Syrah.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

Kyrka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyrka

I agree wholeheartedly with Loweel - the Field Blend is one of the best QPR in my humble opinion. I ended up buying 2 tytaniums and 8 field blends...I also have a tytanium that is signed and won't be consumed any time soon!

That deal is too good to pass up - yum!

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
themostrighteous wrote:Field Blend for $13?!? frak frak frak!!! anybody want to split a case???

3-way split? I'd be happy to take 4 bottles if we can find another person or if you want 8.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
tommythecat78 wrote:3-way split? I'd be happy to take 4 bottles if we can find another person or if you want 8.

I'll take the other 2 of Field Blend, iffn they aren't spoken for yet.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Loweeel wrote:I don't know about the '04 cab. Don't miss the field blend -- world's best QPR. The PS is also PSpectacular, but needs a few more years. The Tytanium is a steal at that price. Malbec... couldn't tell whether it needed more age or just isn't great. Don't remember much about the Syrah.

I liked that '04 Cab a year ago, but it needed more bottle age. It was a real hit at the Sonoma competition. I was able to get it at original offer price of $27, minus a wine club discount. So I have a couple in the cellar.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
WV69 wrote:Do you have to buy a case to get the discount? If so, can you mix and match a case? I've never had the pleasure of a bottle of TC, and maybe this is the opportunity?

WV69, I'll chime in on the great QPR of the Field Blend. At this price, I can't afford not to lay in a few bottles. SmartHeart and I are putting together an order - why not PM him to see if we can all join forces. Between the three of us, we might be able to put together a multi-case order.

laxdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad

Thanks ($500 later) for the ($500 later) link, I am sure ($500 later) SWMBO will ($500 later) be thrilled to see ($500 later) another two cases ($500 later) of wine in the cellar.

You people kill me, just kill me with all this jabberwocky about "oh, we just HAVE to stay on top of and share all these 50% off deals" and yadda yadda yadda.

Killing me.

But thanks a ton for the link. Really.

laxdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad
Loweeel wrote:So tempting... must not buy more wine... even though I do have 7 bottles, I will never drink one of the 3 signed ones.

I am surprised, given it's lineage, you have not gone in for the TC Dessert Wine!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
laxdad wrote:Thanks ($500 later) for the ($500 later) link, I am sure ($500 later) SWMBO will ($500 later) be thrilled to see ($500 later) another two cases ($500 later) of wine in the cellar.

You people kill me, just kill me with all this jabberwocky about "oh, we just HAVE to stay on top of and share all these 50% off deals" and yadda yadda yadda.

Killing me.

But thanks a ton for the link. Really.

Damn, boy! How can I get on your payroll?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
laxdad wrote:I am surprised, given it's lineage, you have not gone in for the TC Dessert Wine!

oh he did. And I'm trying to convince myself that I'm never going to get another opportunity like this and I should buy one too. Maybe if we get that refund...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

okay seriously, what are the odds that 06 TyT ends up on w.w? Because it will no doubt be cheaper, and bundled with other lovelies...

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
oppsie wrote:okay seriously, what are the odds that 06 TyT ends up on w.w? Because it will no doubt be cheaper, and bundled with other lovelies...

Oh, my friend, but you will buy then as well. And then you will have more in your cellar. Life will be good.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

10% discount on all Robert Craig wines ordered online with code WELCOME. Good through Dec. 15.

more than enough wine.woots!

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

I can't imagine this is a discount or a deal, but, sigh, Williams Sonoma is starting a wine club.

signed.

MaxAlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaxAlex

One of my favorite sellers of wine is http://www.ludwigsfinewine.com/. The owner is Magid and he has some great specials. He even has unpublished private newsletters for those that buy consistently from him. I have been a good customer of his for the past three years. If you call him, mention that Steve sent you to him.

MaxAlex

Thanks for the lead on TC. I have been wanting to try Ty's wines since I've joined WW. He has such a large fan club at WW that it definitely worth trying. I jumped in on 4 field blends, 1 merlot (unusual blend) & 1 syrah.

Once again thanks for helping me spend my money.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

I believe L's purpose for starting this thread was for people posting specific sales or specials, most of which would have an expiration date or special coupon code or something. The thread should not be for posting general links to other sites for buying wine, IMHO.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MaxAlex

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I believe L's purpose for starting this thread was for people posting specific sales or specials, most of which would have an expiration date or special coupon code or something. The thread should not be for posting general links to other sites for buying wine, IMHO.

Well just beat me down. I spend a great deal of time on th einternet buying wine. My purpose was to pass on an opportunity for some great wines at great prices.
Thanks for establishing the rules.

themostrighteous

tommythecat78 wrote:3-way split? I'd be happy to take 4 bottles if we can find another person or if you want 8.

done...

lauratchi wrote:I'll take the other 2 of Field Blend, iffn they aren't spoken for yet.

and done.

just ordered the case. 4 for tommy, 2 for ms. laura & 6 for me. though i'm happy to reduce my allocation to 4 if anybody in the Chicago area (or anybody flying in to CWWT #9) would like 2.

AWESOME!!!

NOTE: total came to $17.50 per bottle including shipping. no need to pay me prior to delivery. which i hope will be in time for CWWT #8!

themostrighteous

MaxAlex wrote:Well just beat me down. I spend a great deal of time on th einternet buying wine. My purpose was to pass on an opportunity for some great wines at great prices.
Thanks for establishing the rules.

and who says he gets to do that? thanks for passing on your info. keep up the good work! :-)

and HAK, ma boy, CHILLAX! :-P

MaxAlex

themostrighteous wrote:and who says he gets to do that? thanks for passing on your info. keep up the good work! :-)

and HAK, ma boy, CHILLAX! :-P

Nice collection of wine. Very broad and creative.

themostrighteous

MaxAlex wrote:Nice collection of wine. Very broad and creative.

thank ye - though i don't know about broad: it is heavily influenced by w.w & w.w-related wineries!

MaxAlex

themostrighteous wrote:thank ye - though i don't know about broad: it is heavily influenced by w.w & w.w-related wineries!

Yes, but based upon all of the different varietals you could be closee to the 100 club.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
MaxAlex wrote:Thanks for the lead on TC. I have been wanting to try Ty's wines since I've joined WW. He has such a large fan club at WW that it definitely worth trying. I jumped in on 4 field blends, 1 merlot (unusual blend) & 1 syrah.

Once again thanks for helping me spend my money.

Filed Blend and Merlot I heartily recommend. The Malbec, too.

Lots of folks around here also swear by TyTanium. I think all of his are well received by this crowd, but some of his really stand out.

CT | | | | | |

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219

I really liked the malbec though it definitely needs time. I got a bottle of that and a bottle of the '04 Cab (signed) when we were out there in July. And I love the Field Blend. But I am working hard at not buying more wine.

kmeyersvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmeyersvt

I bought the Napa Cab last week when it was the only 50% off wine and had it on Thanksgiving, it was excellent - smooth and flavorful with a nice finish. Tytanium is in my top 10 favorite wines. I would love to see it on Wine.Woot at less than $37.50!

Insert witty saying here.

MaxAlex

jwhite6114 wrote:Filed Blend and Merlot I heartily recommend. The Malbec, too.

Lots of folks around here also swear by TyTanium. I think all of his are well received by this crowd, but some of his really stand out.

Thanks for the input. I added the Syrah because I can never get enough of that varietal. The merlot is such a unique blend and field blends are just plain fun. I am looking foorward to receiving these wines.

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra
themostrighteous wrote:and done.

just ordered the case. 4 for tommy, 2 for ms. laura & 6 for me. though i'm happy to reduce my allocation to 4 if anybody in the Chicago area (or anybody flying in to CWWT #9) would like 2.

AWESOME!!!

NOTE: total came to $17.50 per bottle including shipping. no need to pay me prior to delivery. which i hope will be in time for CWWT #8!

tmr - If those two are still up for offering, Layne and I would love to take them off of your hands.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
mlhelm wrote:10% discount on all Robert Craig wines ordered online with code WELCOME. Good through Dec. 15.

Too bad it's not 50% off. I'd buy a barrel. : )

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm
Daystar wrote:Too bad it's not 50% off. I'd buy a barrel. : )

Yeah, no kidding, but there is an added discount if you buy a full case and another one on top of that if you're a club member.

For anyone interested in giving it a try, I would highly recommed their chardonnay. It's not oaky, buttery, or "flabby." It's fruity and clean, with a little minerality that makes you want to go back for another sip. My dad, who is a total wine snob and very difficult to impress with any of my wine selections, absolutely loved it and asked where he could get it. AFAIK, you can only get it online or direct from the winery.

more than enough wine.woots!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
oppsie wrote:okay seriously, what are the odds that 06 TyT ends up on w.w? Because it will no doubt be cheaper, and bundled with other lovelies...

I took that stance myself and just ordered a few (with Sparky) of the ones I figured won't be on future w.w offerings and that I hadn't tried yet. Like the Malbec and the PS and the Syrah (although I did taste the PS during the RPM tour). Plus I still have a decent supply of the other wines for now.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

Cheapskate Wednesday tomorrow on wtso:
We will be featuring 75 wines throughout the night and day, all at drastically reduced prices. Wines offered will be between $6.99 and $17.99 per bottle, with a minimum quantity of four bottles for free shipping.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber