+ Add a Comment

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Yes, start a thread, do tell. I am hoping we can go back soon.

dherbie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dherbie

In for a case. Can't wait to give this one out (and keep a few bottles for myself of course!). Had the same problems as everyone else ordering but now I can get some work done : )

EDIT: Wow! I've gone black!

An economist is someone who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today - Lawrence J. Peter
For those of you who laughed at the above quote: www.wine-economics.org

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

tomatillo wrote:WD,....
What's more fun for you?
Finding great new deals, or reading these frenzied adoring fans going ga-ga?

(in for 2 much earlier this morning, at an hour no decent person is awake).

Reading hands down. But, one does not come without the other.

mightyLT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyLT

oh, woot... you are so creative & know exactly how to make us click the orange button.

great freakin' gifts... if they make it out of my place :o)

so.....um......yeah.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
themostrighteous wrote:some master you are: thanks for throwing the rest of the PSith under the bus, brotha! :P

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

FergyinDaATL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FergyinDaATL

Tøøthstejnn tasted like water with red dye. Even for $10 I expect a little bit more...tasted like 2 buck chuck. I'll pass on this. I can get MUCH better $10 wine at Total Wine...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
superspryte wrote:You spoil all my fun. As punishment you are fined cheese. I wants a cheese offering sent to Japanland. ^_~

Awww, if I could, I would! But if you promise not to move directly from Japan to England without a stop in Michigan in between, then perhaps we can arrange a Woot Cellars and Cheese tasting JUST FOR YOU! Assuming we can all wait that long to hold our stuff. And of course, the cheese will have to wait to be purchased as I'm SURE I can't wait 2 years for that

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kramsauer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramsauer

In for a case. Love a good Sangiovese, bolstered by some Cab (Merlot, not so sure about, yet). With the wine.woot seal of approval and a $10 pricetag, I'm sold.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cheron98 wrote:Awww, if I could, I would! But if you promise not to move directly from Japan to England without a stop in Michigan in between, then perhaps we can arrange a Woot Cellars and Cheese tasting JUST FOR YOU! Assuming we can all wait that long to hold our stuff. And of course, the cheese will have to wait to be purchased as I'm SURE I can't wait 2 years for that

I have to at least pick up my chinchilla. ^_~ You've got a deal.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

ddeuddeg

themostrighteous wrote:yeah, and the fact that you were in sunny Las Vegas surrounded by your fellow wineaux rejoicing in the fact that y'all were first to get this & basking in the glow of WD & WF had absolutely NOTHING to do with your superior perception, now did it?!? this reminds me of that oft-told story of that proverbial couple who buys a case of wine whilst on their honeymoon & cannot possibly comprehend why it doesn't taste as good back home as it did in Tuscany. but i digress... :P

To say nothing of the fact that we'd already tasted more than 2 dozen others by the time that one arrived.
By the way, I have you and your encouragement to thank (at least in part) for the fact that I'm much better at tasting without drinking too much than I was before the pre-tour visit to Ty's tasting room.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:but not in the wet newspaper way.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Back label text...easier on the eyes for those who don't want to strain at the picture on page 2.

TAKE NO CHANCES. BE PREPARED.
We've specially designed E.H.P to help you survive unforseen holiday crises. E.H.P sustains and invigorates the body, enhances morale, and serves as an essential component of the holiday "Toast."

1) IN CASE OF SOCIAL OR FAMILY TENSIONS
Lubricate conversation & soothe frayed nerves with E.H.P.'s rich Tuscan-style blend of flavors.

2) IN CASE OF UNEXPECTED GIFT EXCHANGE
Affix ribbon or bow to bottle & present to any designated recipient over 21 years of age.

3) IN CASE OF POLAR BEAR ATTACK
Grasp bottle firmly by neck, break base on solid surface & defend with quick controlled side-to-side slashing movements - not forward thrusts.

REMEMBER: No wine, however delicious, can prevent all holiday calamitied. Be mindful of winter weather conditions. Don't attempt difficult carols without proper training and supervision. If you experience intense holiday cheer lasting longer than 16 hours, discontinue use.

USE SOUND JUDGEMENT

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:Would I lead you astray? Trust me, I took all that into account And as soon as I see a bottle pop up in my mailbox, I will do what any honorable wooter would do. Invite someone over for dinner, pop open a Toothstejnn and the EHP and do a side-by-side.

If anything, by the time we got to the EHP, we should have all been tired of wine. 30 bottles or so... oy... but it was impressive enough to reawaken our palates and breathe a new round of life into the party.

nobody is THAT right-brained.

do you know... what biodynamics is?

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
pengu1n wrote:
This wine is not dry by any means. I don't think I have had a dry sangiovese from Noceto yet either from the wine club. Not sure where Lighter got that from. I would say that this one is more of a fruit bomb/sweeter than the Toothstejn for those who want to know.

With .78g/l RS and acidity of 0.726 this wine is clearly dry (though the Tøøthstejnn had lower RS and unreported acidity). To say "not dry by any means" seems a bit of an overstatement.

Unless you're saying this is a dessert wine.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe
FergyinDaATL wrote:Tøøthstejnn tasted like water with red dye. Even for $10 I expect a little bit more...tasted like 2 buck chuck. I'll pass on this. I can get MUCH better $10 wine at Total Wine...

Two buck chuck is now 3 bucks. I agree toothsteynn just was the worst of all my wootings. Still holding out on today's woot because I fear it will just be like that one.

themostrighteous

ddeuddeg wrote:To say nothing of the fact that we'd already tasted more than 2 dozen others by the time that one arrived.

so, your palates were already shot, then? it reminds me of the criticism that is oft hurled at wine critics, ie that the only wines that tend to stand out to their palates after tasting many many wines (which 2 dozen would constitute to amateur palates like ours) are the fruit bombs of the world, but i digress. or, better yet, YMMV. :P

ddeuddeg wrote:By the way, I have you and your encouragement to thank (at least in part) for the fact that I'm much better at tasting without drinking too much than I was before the pre-tour visit to Ty's tasting room.

you are welcome.

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe
cheron98 wrote:IIRC, it has more body to it (thanks to the blend and thus the higher quantities of non-zin grapes), and a richer color. It's tastier, for sure. More depth of character to it.

Thanks Cheron98 - still debating since I know we will have so many wines coming up with the marathon next week. So don't want to get stuck or even give away as gifts it it is weak.

caliday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caliday

It's taken me a few hours to finally get onto the site this morning, but I'm in for one! Can't wait for it to arrive. The bags are great!

ddeuddeg

themostrighteous wrote:you are welcome.

You must have misunderstood. We were tasting.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
iByron wrote:With .78g/l RS and acidity of 0.726 this wine is clearly dry (though the Tøøthstejnn had lower RS and unreported acidity). To say "not dry by any means" seems a bit of an overstatement.

Unless you're saying this is a dessert wine.

Not a dessert wine by any means. I just remember the sentiment at the MN party was it did have a sweeter profile to it.

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:nobody is THAT right-brained.

I don't have a left side to my brain

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:IIRC, it has more body to it (thanks to the blend and thus the higher quantities of non-zin grapes), and a richer color. It's tastier, for sure. More depth of character to it.

IRC, both were all non-zin grapes.

ddeuddeg

In for 2. Don't know if bahwm will grab some or not.
WD, no need to send a labrat bottle our way.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

And I used my birthday coupon last week thinking it'd be my last chance... ugh! I want to order but I know that I've already spent enough on w.w lately!!

What shall I do!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:You must have misunderstood. We were tasting.

Thank you. There was definitely a lot of pouring out going on (er, of all the wines). We used the 1oz pour tip thing and still ended up having most of the sample pours go down the drain. (Sorry about the sink, sanity... did you get all the red out?) So I don't think it's entirely fair to dismiss our opinions because you believe our palates were shot. We're not exactly newbies to this tasting experience thing.

There were only maybe 3 wines that evening that I ended up going back to for second pours after the tasting segment was done with. This was one of them. Actually I think I went for a 3rd pour of this one...

exlaxer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages exlaxer
fairnymph wrote:I can't resist the blend, pre-rattage reports, flavour profile and value, and well, I have not bought a Woot Cellars... wine before. I also admit I like the bag idea; neat extra.

Ditto to all the above. I'd bypassed the Toothstejnn to my ultimate peril. If the five attage slots aren't already illed, 'll gladly volunteer. Expect this will be well-received at the Christmas party we're hosting in a few weeks. - ExLaxer

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:IRC, both were all non-zin grapes.

sangio. you know what i mean. i haven't had my coffee yet. I'm not awake. Sheesh.

Mattazuma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mattazuma

In for 1. have too much Toothy left to get two.

I'm sure I'll eventually regret only getting 1

Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto

gobble gobble gobble, i'm all over this like a mad dog.

hope it's better or at least on par with mad dog.

sanjy and merlot? yum

jwsholey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwsholey

Anyone on here know if this could be shipped to Lubbock, Texas? I know Texas is on the ship list, but I have heard that some wineries cannot ship to that city.
Thanks for any help.

Blackneto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackneto

Sharing the Wealth?

I lost my spaghetti. =(! In for 2!

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

In for one. And, if I am not mistaken, just under the gun for the labrat cut off.

Maybe this will be the one.

EDIT: I just went red!

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
superspryte wrote:I'm decent and I was awake.

1. You're in Japan
2. We're supposed to take your word on this "decency" thing?

CT | | | | | |

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

tmr, why such a crabbypants?

I have tasted this wine twice (Vegas and Seattle), and both times I really enjoyed it. It is not going to change your life, but it is hella-awesome qpr. I think it has more structure than the Toothsteejn but is not as food-friendly (less acidity, not as dry). Great party wine. I am not sure about the aging...I'd say probably quite a bit better a year from now, but beyond that, who knows. I got a case. I don't need more than a case of any (affordable) wine, since I don't tend to gift any away.

I think this is probably the Wannabe Red that we had at a Seattle tasting (at my house...may have had a different one at dkralston's) in the past. In retrospect, the wannabe did not taste like the Toothsteejn as it was bigger than that.

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
jwhite6114 wrote:1. You're in Japan
2. We're supposed to take your word on this "decency" thing?

Maybe he meant to say, "I'm 'decanted' " , not 'decent.'

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Well, I'm in for 6! And, I'm talking 6 orders, not just 6 bottles. Yeah, it's 3 cases of wine I haven't had, but it has become a Christmas tradition for me to give out Woot Cellar wine to people I work with.

Glad the site worked long enough for me to get the order placed BEFORE the sellout. ;)

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

Shacho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shacho
yellowroe wrote:Two buck chuck is now 3 bucks. I agree toothsteynn just was the worst of all my wootings. Still holding out on today's woot because I fear it will just be like that one.

I actually agree. I was extremely underwhelmed by the toothsteijnn (and I was a huge proponent of Humbug and the Rinfrescante).

I'm hoping this is better. Though, I bought a case of this and gifted a case. I want to support Woot Cellars so they do more of these, as some of the best part of any party is the story that goes along with it. If I can not feel too bad about crushing several bottles of this at once with people at a holiday party, then by all means.
And of course, if anyone has any Humbug left, I'm interested.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
vaaccess wrote:Well, I'm in for 6! And, I'm talking 6 orders, not just 6 bottles. Yeah, it's 3 cases of wine I haven't had, but it has become a Christmas tradition for me to give out Woot Cellar wine to people I work with.

Glad the site worked long enough for me to get the order placed BEFORE the sellout. ;)

You gifted it TWO times then?

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
alien88 wrote:You gifted it TWO times then?

Gifted once, second account for the third purchase.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

themostrighteous

aces219 wrote:tmr, why such a crabbypants?

oh, lord, not you too...

dearest fellow wine.wooters,

i was merely having a little bit of fun at the expense of those fortunate enough to attend The Vegas Extravaganza which weekend-of-fun-in-the-desert-sun i desperately wish i could have joined. that is all. that my sense of humor was found lacking otherwise is clear beyond a reasonable doubt.

most humbly (as i am most righteously) yours,

tmr

NOTE: not that i thought for a minute that anything i have to say about a wine that i have not sampled would in any way impact its likely sellout before day's end.

EDIT: special apologies to cheron who, unwittingly, bore the brunt of my unfunny funnies.