wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
SmilingBoognish wrote:Anybody else getting server errors this morning?

NOTHING BUT for the last 30 minutes...very frustrating

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

misterwoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterwoo

Took 20 minutes of server error, but got mine! woohoo!

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
cheron98 wrote:Sparky has the notes Where the toothstejnn is more cranberry as the predominant flavor, this one is decidedly more cherry. Slightly more full-bodied, iirc. But I didn't do a side-by-side. Just that I remember being more impressed by this one than the toothstejnn. Definitely a pop-and-pour. Nice and smooth straight out of the bottle. Although you should use a glass. Really.

yeah, and the fact that you were in sunny Las Vegas surrounded by your fellow wineaux rejoicing in the fact that y'all were first to get this & basking in the glow of WD & WF had absolutely NOTHING to do with your superior perception, now did it?!? this reminds me of that oft-told story of that proverbial couple who buys a case of wine whilst on their honeymoon & cannot possibly comprehend why it doesn't taste as good back home as it did in Tuscany. but i digress... :P

(you know i'm just jealous.)

do you know... what biodynamics is?

slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

I click the "I want one" button and get the lovely server error.

*sigh*

I'll keep trying until I can woot one. This looks like it'll make a good gift for (myself and) my wine-loving friends.

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

themostrighteous

Loweeel wrote:WD, can we Ever Have Petite in a woot-wine? I'll even help you blend and taste-test :-D

some master you are: thanks for throwing the rest of the PSith under the bus, brotha! :P

slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

...Maybe woot is trying to tell me something... maybe I shouldn't woot. *sigh*

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

jkalina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkalina

how come the list of states constantly change for where the wine can be shipped too? like sometime I see georgia, and sometime I dont?

izzaay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages izzaay

Just 1 this year, as the Tøøthstejnn is still unopened.

I was going to buy these for Christmas gifts, but after the Bah Humbug last year, maybe not. I think the Rock Hollow is better suited for blind gift exchanges, leaving the EHP all to myself.

themostrighteous

LABRAT-RELATED WARNING!!!

as if it wasn't painfully obvious already, what with woot-off like server crashes & 6 pages of posts in less than 8 hours, please be informed that, if you are waiting for the labrats to file their reports tomorrow evening before you purchase this, YOU WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE S.O.L. it just ain't gonna happen, boys & girls, and i'm willing to stake my rep on it. don't say you haven't been warned!

<BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED WOOT CELLARS LAUNCH FRENZY>

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
aces219 wrote:corked.

but not in the wet newspaper way.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

edthebedhead wrote:apparently its only better to give than receive 5/6th's of the time

Well obviously you keep a bottle for yourself, and that one doesn't need a bag

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
gcason wrote:I'm not familiar with Sangiovese. Would this wine be considered dry?

Should be very dry with a bit of tannic bite to boot. The addition of Merlot should "thicken" it up a bit and add more rounded fruit to the taste. Sangiovese is the more precise name for the main grape for what is sold as Chianti.

NOTE: Based on profile for typical Sangiovese and Super Tuscon. I've not tried this offering.

cheron98

speedoo1 wrote:(I'm actually speedoo... this is my ordering alias)

Thanks, seems like a very rational theory. So you really like this, huh? Enough to get more than one case, if you don't mind my asking?

Yes, enough to get more than one case. It's already happily waiting in my cellartracker as 24 happy bottles of goodness

cheron98

polarbear22 wrote:Polar Bear Attack!! Break the bottle?!?! If it isn't empty when you do that, you'll have the polar bear crying over spilled wine.

Taking my pseudonym in vain. WD, I am home this week so readily available for labrattery. And like all that missed Vegas, Seattle and MN, I am desirous of same.

Does this make up for the birthday coupon code mishap?

cheron98

themostrighteous wrote:yeah, and the fact that you were in sunny Las Vegas surrounded by your fellow wineaux rejoicing in the fact that y'all were first to get this & basking in the glow of WD & WF had absolutely NOTHING to do with your superior perception, now did it?!? this reminds me of that oft-told story of that proverbial couple who buys a case of wine whilst on their honeymoon & cannot possibly comprehend why it doesn't taste as good back home as it did in Tuscany. but i digress... :P

(you know i'm just jealous.)

Would I lead you astray? Trust me, I took all that into account And as soon as I see a bottle pop up in my mailbox, I will do what any honorable wooter would do. Invite someone over for dinner, pop open a Toothstejnn and the EHP and do a side-by-side.

If anything, by the time we got to the EHP, we should have all been tired of wine. 30 bottles or so... oy... but it was impressive enough to reawaken our palates and breathe a new round of life into the party.

LGDeacon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LGDeacon

I think due to the activity on this site we just melted down the building which holds the Woot servers...Hopefully that does not happen to the delivery truck tires on their way to give me labrat??...Maybe..Please WD???

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns

I got one and am happy something like this came around in my woot birthday month. Thanks woot this will make for some Holiday fun.

tredinnb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tredinnb
Lighter wrote:Should be very dry with a bit of tannic bite to boot. The addition of Merlot should "thicken" it up a bit and add more rounded fruit to the taste. Sangiovese is the more precise name for the main grape for what is sold as Chianti.

Sounds like a solid crowd pleaser.
In for two.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

wootified wrote:NOTHING BUT for the last 30 minutes...very frustrating

FYI, I do have a 'service call' in to the code monkies. Some have had some luck getting in via the Blog's "I want one" link at the bottom of the page:

http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6633

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

controlfreak3 wrote:Are these corked or screw caps? Because the Humbug screw caps didn't go over so well with my prejudiced giftees.

Can I be extra snotty and call them Stelvin Closures? ^_~

(As someone already said, corked.)

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

yellowroe

quality posts: 6 Private Messages yellowroe

I wasn't thrilled with the toothstejn so will I not like this one either? Thought it was weak and barely any taste or color to it. Want to get it for the novelty but will it suck to drink?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:FYI, I do have a 'service call' in to the code monkies. Some have had some luck getting in via the Blog's "I want one" link at the bottom of the page:

http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6633

Hey, the entire shirt site is blowing up so I can't even give them that. Instead I'll just bother you guys. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

sigh...can't get through.

signed.

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

WD,....
What's more fun for you?
Finding great new deals, or reading these frenzied adoring fans going ga-ga?

(in for 2 much earlier this morning, at an hour no decent person is awake).

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

wow, it's the whole site. can't buy a camera on carp woot either.

signed.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tomatillo wrote:WD,....
What's more fun for you?
Finding great new deals, or reading these frenzied adoring fans going ga-ga?

(in for 2 much earlier this morning, at an hour no decent person is awake).

I'm decent and I was awake.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Anyone having issues, my guess is you are using IE? My co-woker would get an Error 500 using IE, and it worked great in FireFox.

This wine is not dry by any means. I don't think I have had a dry sangiovese from Noceto yet either from the wine club. Not sure where Lighter got that from. I would say that this one is more of a fruit bomb/sweeter than the Toothstejn for those who want to know.

speedoo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedoo1
oppsie wrote:black on both? dear lord.

Yeah, how about (hic) that.

But most of this black is (hic) from non wine (hic) purchases.

Yeah, that's it. (hic)

skarsol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skarsol

Looks like servers got rebooted and are all better now. Order = in.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

pengu1n wrote:Anyone having issues, my guess is you are using IE? My co-woker would get an Error 500 using IE, and it worked great in FireFox.

This wine is not dry by any means. I don't think I have had a dry sangiovese from Noceto yet either from the wine club. Not sure where Lighter got that from. I would say that this one is more of a fruit bomb/sweeter than the Toothstejn for those who want to know.

Try it again, folks. Working for me in FF & IE now.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
pengu1n wrote:Anyone having issues, my guess is you are using IE? My co-woker would get an Error 500 using IE, and it worked great in FireFox.

Took over 1/2 hour to get it to order with Firefox. Two for me

Last year's Humbug was just the thing for the Holidays! This will be a great conversation piece party gift as well -- for a few clients and friends with a sense of humor, the reset of my gift list gets Perelli-Minetti 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon....

I'd love to labrat this one....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Got through, after a number of server errors. In fact, the order had gone in and when I tried to 'fix' it I got the message that I'd already ordered. Got my confirmation mail, so I *think* there will be some Enjoyable High-spirited Partying in my near future.

Oh, and we ate at the Hitching Post in Buellton on the 16th. Fun to watch the chef sear your meal from just on the other side of the (plexiglas?) window... I suppose I "owe" a trip recap from our Temecula/Santa Ynez visits.

[plus: it was opening day at Loon 11/22! Going from 80's in CA to 20's in NH was a shock to the system, but it felt good to be back on the board.]

Dude... wait, what?

clockworkgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockworkgreen

My order is in, got the email, my account shows I ordered, but the actual confirmation screen is hung and is still "Loading..." in a Firefox tab. Never got out of the "Buy It" page. Guess it may be safe to close it, but I'll leave it.

5 craps, 11 wines, 4 shirts, 3 woots.

cheron98

superspryte wrote:I'm decent and I was awake.

You're also in JAPAN. Your hours are WAY different

cheron98

yellowroe wrote:I wasn't thrilled with the toothstejn so will I not like this one either? Thought it was weak and barely any taste or color to it. Want to get it for the novelty but will it suck to drink?

IIRC, it has more body to it (thanks to the blend and thus the higher quantities of non-zin grapes), and a richer color. It's tastier, for sure. More depth of character to it.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

Damn you wine.woot and WD...I had imposed an emergency moratorium on my VISA due to the past 5 offerings which I was not be able to pass up. Now you throw a bargain in the mix, with the holiday parties fast approaching.

As if the economy needed another bail out, just send my $6 Billion to wine.woot and let me sit a spell and regroup! In for two...hiccup!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cheron98 wrote:You're also in JAPAN. Your hours are WAY different

You spoil all my fun. As punishment you are fined cheese. I wants a cheese offering sent to Japanland. ^_~

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

In for two. Would love to rat this.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
pengu1n wrote:Not sure where Lighter got that from.

I edited to add disclaimer to initial comment - took quite a while to appear! "Dry" is one of those perception things that SB often discusses.

MalcolmPX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MalcolmPX

Was going to pass, but then I thought about all the people I can give these to as gifts. So I'm in for one. I still have Humbug left over from last year, so those will go to the second tier recipients.

Besides, I like SuperTuscans and the composition (the 27% Merlot in particular) suggests this will be a more juicy blend than the Sangio offering.

M PX

Bringing about an all wine.woot black square by any means necessary.--MalcolmPX

Betty Shirazz? Yeah, I think I know her.