Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

46&2 wrote:Opened my first bottle of Tøøthstejnn tonight and then this shows up......is it a sign?

A fellow Tool fan I see...

I still have to transfer my Tøøthstejnn from box to rack!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

mwfielder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwfielder

Wow! Everyone's up and we're getting B O C treatment to the wine.woot servers! Lots of anticipation on this one. Can't wait to see what the fuss is all about... la brat me if you deem me worthy....

So....anyone wanna guess (or spill) who the winemaker is on this one?

zero, count 'em, zero quality posts...

Walstib

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib

NM

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Ha ha, we crashed the wine.woot server.....
Service Unavailable is all I get now.....

Don't labrat me as I already had it.

Ok, WD can delete it if he doesn't want it out there.

Label =Awesome, and funny
Wine = Decent everyday drinker.
Again sandwiches between the Corison Cab and the 2003 Noceto Riserva Sangiovese, this didn't compete. But you are also not comparing apples to apples there either.

I found this a tad on the sweet side compared to the Noceto Riserva. Strawberries, and cherries abound in this wine. Light color as your typical sangiovese is. Possibly a little bottle shock since it was overnighted and only had a couple hours rest?

I picked up a case as this is a wine that I can open up and drink a bottle while I scarf down a bowl of popcorn watching a movie by the fire. Also a wine that you can drink all by itself as it doesn't need food to cut it. This is also a bottle I know that will get finished at any holiday party I bring it to.

For me the Toothstejn may have a little more character to it if people want a comparison.

toneyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toneyboy

I found 3 wineries in Beulton...

Hitching Post; Mosby Winery and Vineyards; Kenneth-Crawford Wines

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:He said there's going to be 5.

yes already stated.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Walstib wrote:I recall there being multiple woot wannabes before toothy came out. Might this have been a different wannabe?

We thought it might be, and I don't remember if WD or George confirmed it or not in Vegas.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Vilgrom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Vilgrom

Why is getting first sucker such a big deal over here at wine.woot? Do they get it free or something?

toneyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toneyboy
toneyboy wrote:I found 3 wineries in Beulton...

Hitching Post; Mosby Winery and Vineyards; Kenneth-Crawford Wines

Only Mosby Winery and Vineyards has a Sangiovese... sounds yummy!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MaskedMarvel wrote:I assumed this one wouldn't last long enough for service@ to get to work in the morning to respond, or I'd have done the same. Small price to pay for making sure the order goes through as it should, me thinks...

Cher - we'll get each other next time!

You're on, baby!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Hung up on my second order, but started it again and went through....

The bags are a really really nice touch.

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

I am definitely down to be a rat this week. Pretty good week for me to give a good rattage.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

cheron98

speedoo wrote:Dumb question, for sure, but this is not a relabled Tøøthstejnn, correct?

Correct. Different blend. TS had the qualifying quantity of Sangio to be labeled AS a Sangio, whereas this is just a blend. My theory is that of all the sample bottles that went out, 2 were favored above the rest. One of those became Toothstejnn, the other became EHP. That's my theory at least. So some of you who've had the samplers probably had this at some point.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
mwfielder wrote:Wow! Everyone's up and we're getting B O C treatment to the wine.woot servers! Lots of anticipation on this one. Can't wait to see what the fuss is all about... la brat me if you deem me worthy....

So....anyone wanna guess (or spill) who the winemaker is on this one?

I'd say its Lucas & Lewellen, or Mandolina, which they also own. This seems to be closest the the Mandolina Toccata, which is also a Super Tuscan style (different blend tho) and retails for $18. We had that one on woot in July 07. It was good.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
MaskedMarvel wrote:Hung up on my second order, but started it again and went through....

The bags are a really really nice touch.

Any pictures of the bags you can share? Wonder if they are plain brown paper bags, or something wootish. How many people noticed you get 5 bags for 6 bottles?

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:mmhmmmm, mmmmhmmmmm, now can you compare them :P

Sparky has the notes Where the toothstejnn is more cranberry as the predominant flavor, this one is decidedly more cherry. Slightly more full-bodied, iirc. But I didn't do a side-by-side. Just that I remember being more impressed by this one than the toothstejnn. Definitely a pop-and-pour. Nice and smooth straight out of the bottle. Although you should use a glass. Really.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
pengu1n wrote:Any pictures of the bags you can share? Wonder if they are plain brown paper bags, or something wootish. How many people noticed you get 5 bags for 6 bottles?

Click on the picture on the Wine.woot front page.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
pengu1n wrote:Any pictures of the bags you can share? Wonder if they are plain brown paper bags, or something wootish. How many people noticed you get 5 bags for 6 bottles?

click on the wine for a "close up" and you'll see the bags

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac
edthebedhead wrote:If anyone in portland oregon wants a few... pm me.

or if you want to labrat with me - c'mon over!

*cough wd cough*

Now you tell me. Just bought the 6. I'm across the Columbia River.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Buellton? Homed of the Anderson Pea Soup restaurant?

Yep. Ate there on the way back from the RPM tour, after visiting Gilroy Garlic Fest and Turley.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Click the picture on the main wine.woot page... it shows 5 different bags... not saying those are the ones that WILL be included, but I'd take them at least as samples.

cheron98

Vilgrom wrote:Why is getting first sucker such a big deal over here at wine.woot? Do they get it free or something?

because we need SOME way to be children

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

WD, can we Ever Have Petite in a woot-wine? I'll even help you blend and taste-test :-D

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

tgall45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tgall45

Oh why oh why can't I get this shipped to Arizona? I got Polyphemus and Humbug last year with no problems. I need emergency provisions for the coming retail insanity!

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

I'm in for a case, hoping Mosby may have something to do with the wine since they specialize in Cal-Italian & I have a few of their wines in my cellar...

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

MarkDaSpark

Vilgrom wrote:Why is getting first sucker such a big deal over here at wine.woot? Do they get it free or something?

I think WD will make them a auto Labrat, if they haven't been one in a while.

controlfreak3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages controlfreak3

Are these corked or screw caps? Because the Humbug screw caps didn't go over so well with my prejudiced giftees.

trwagner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trwagner

We've been really good this year, Santa! Maybe we'll find a rat in our box this week?

jings69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jings69

Damn you woot...
Must...buy.....only..one...
arggggg
trigger pulled...
once again unable to resist woot cellars

KryseeMac

K00L wrote:OK, quite bringing the servers down until I finish my order! <jk>

ROTFLMAO That statement make me bust up and woke up my birds. Now all 3 are all yelling at me to "Go nite nite". Feel like a kid with the parents yelling at me for making to much noise. Frickin birds.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 212 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Loweeel wrote:WD, can we Ever Have Petite in a woot-wine? I'll even help you blend and taste-test :-D

classic.

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
controlfreak3 wrote:Are these corked or screw caps? Because the Humbug screw caps didn't go over so well with my prejudiced giftees.

corked.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

I can't resist the blend, pre-rattage reports, flavour profile and value, and well, I have not bought a Woot Cellars (not counting a bottle bought from another wooter) wine before. I also admit I like the bag idea; neat extra.

I'm gonna need to become a real wino once I get moved in because I think I'm approaching 50 bottles at this point.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
joelsisk wrote:Yeah, I ordered two... I seriously think it is just the first hit of the gold button, not clicking all the way through, or how could you justify under 3 secs?

there is a theory...

edthebedhead

Corrado wrote:A fellow Tool fan I see...

I'll move it for you... for a small fee

maddprofessor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages maddprofessor

ok, I went in for 1. Had I not been so desperately avoiding the paper I have to write I may have resisted.

KryseeMac

cheron98 wrote:because we need SOME way to be children

We use any excuse we can get as time keep slip sliding away.......

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
Corrado wrote:A fellow Tool fan I see...

I like to keep my Tøøthstejnn...four degrees warmer.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

I read the "hip hip hooray" bag as "hip HOP hooray" at first. Yep...it's definitely Sunday night at work.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

edthebedhead

apparently its only better to give than receive 5/6th's of the time