cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
subinsignia wrote:Intersting to see the cult of woot has not sold this out yet. There must be a few thousand cases of this stuff ready to be labelled appropriately.

I still have 5 Humbugs left. It's drinking well now.

Too much sangio in the cellar to buy this new one.

You'll be sorry you didn't buy it...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
eternalgreenknight wrote:Hello woot world! I'm deployed in Iraq and just ordered this for my party when I visit for a couple weeks in early December. I read a couple of the positive reviews, and figure at about $10 a bottle (including gift bags!), this is a really good deal for a 3 year old blend! Woot indeed! Looking forward to pulling some corks after all this time being deprived. ;-) -Chris

You are awesome. Thank you! (not for buying the wine ... but for being in Iraq.)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
canonizer wrote:according to beermenus.com, we cannot find boulevard in ny. Shame, cause I'm always looking for a new beer.

Too bad, I think it's the 18th largest brewer in the States now, but is most likely a midwest type thing. Literally started in his garage brewing homebrew and cascaded (heh) from there.

http://www.boulevard.com/smokestack/ if you're interested. Maybe I can find a way to get you a couple bottles.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia
cheron98 wrote:You'll be sorry you didn't buy it...

I have 345 bottles of wine sitting here. I shop at other places other than woot. I have over 90 bottles of sangiovese. Vino Noceto provides me a source of sangio unequalled in any other US winery. There are tens of thousands of wines out there I would love to try, but you can't try them all. I don't buy everything woot sells just because they sell it. It may be a good bottle of wine. There are lots of them out there. Enjoy!

Steve Jones

bhodilee

subinsignia wrote:I have 345 bottles of wine sitting here. I shop at other places other than woot. I have over 90 bottles of sangiovese. Vino Noceto provides me a source of sangio unequalled in any other US winery. There are tens of thousands of wines out there I would love to try, but you can't try them all. I don't buy everything woot sells just because they sell it. It may be a good bottle of wine. There are lots of them out there. Enjoy!

I love the Noceto Sangio, so much so I've seriously contemplated their wine club and I don't do wine clubs.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Here is another question/suggestion for the community:

We should continue the tasting notes process even after the labrats have weighed in. We could post them in the original threads for the offers. That way, we could compare notes a year or two down the road when we might be pulling some from the cellars to taste. Also might give us an idea of how certain wines are aging.

Just a thought. Perhaps some folks are doing it already.

Cheers!

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
woopdedoo wrote:Here is another question/suggestion for the community:

We should continue the tasting notes process even after the labrats have weighed in. We could post them in the original threads for the offers. That way, we could compare notes a year or two down the road when we might be pulling some from the cellars to taste. Also might give us an idea of how certain wines are aging.

Cheers!

I've noticed that some are doing that already. If you are commenting in CT it is easy to just paste in the original thread, too. Thanks for bring it up, perhaps a few more will do this.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo
subinsignia wrote:I have 345 bottles of wine sitting here. I shop at other places other than woot. I have over 90 bottles of sangiovese. Vino Noceto provides me a source of sangio unequalled in any other US winery. There are tens of thousands of wines out there I would love to try, but you can't try them all. I don't buy everything woot sells just because they sell it. It may be a good bottle of wine. There are lots of them out there. Enjoy!

Can I shop in your cellar?

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
polarbear22 wrote:Where is Jopo? Haven't seen him around here in a while. Any connection to the gas prices going below $2?

Exactly! Well, plus school and work.

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

rbwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot

It's bouncing now...

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

woopdedoo wrote:Here is another question/suggestion for the community:

Cheers!

We used to, back when the default forum view floated the 'new posts' to the top. Now that the default is by Sale Date, the old posts get lost & forgotten.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
rbwoot wrote:It's bouncing now...

You just had to point that out, didn't you?

Sigh. I'm in. My SIWBM is starting to crumble.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Wigdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wigdog
coynedj wrote:You just had to point that out, didn't you?

Sigh. I'm in. My SIWBM is starting to crumble.

Un-freakin' believeable. Between the bouncing button and the great rattage, i just employed my old alter ego to grab another case.

Oh well, coal in the stockings again this year.

"I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret."
Basil Fawlty

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

yeesh, finally.

signed.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

rbwoot wrote:It's bouncing now...

24+24+11 = 59 hours to get to 90%. Should sell out by this evening.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx

Ugh... added another 6pack to my case. Now I know what 6 people are getting for Xmas!

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

subinsignia

bhodilee wrote:I love the Noceto Sangio, so much so I've seriously contemplated their wine club and I don't do wine clubs.

I've visited there a half dozen times or more. It's not a regular club- Little Nuts is an annual case of sangio. Big Nuts is that plus a half mixed case of higher end stuff six months later. It's not the monthly/bimonthly trickle.

Steve Jones

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Quick, quick. Time to use those secret identities. Or create new ones. Come on. Buy more. You know you want to!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

hinrgman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinrgman

Selling out

whdigital

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whdigital

Was pondering this yesterday, but 700 comments and a bouncing button this morning... I'm in! Sounds like it will be a real drinker, but at this price I wouldn't feel bad about putting it in the marinara sauce. Awesome!

subinsignia

conroo wrote:Can I shop in your cellar?

It's not as good as real store in many ways, but there is some interesting stuff.

Steve Jones

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

just went in. i hate myself. i know i shouldn't be spending money like this willy nilly in a bad economy.

at least i can drink while i castigate myself.

the quest marches on...

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
laxdad wrote:I will give you a cell phone #. You are to call this number and speak clearly and distinctly the words you have uttered above. You are to end said conversation with "AND YOUR FAMILY FEELS THE SAME WAY!". You need to make your point in a firm but non-threatening manner that leans more towards corroborating her family's view on brussel sprouts than "I've stalked your family and I know this to be true". You are simply speaking to the brussel sprouts. We are depending on you. Godspeed.

ROFLMAO

ddeuddeg wrote:Sorry, nallie, I can't just let this pass. There's a place for bitter. After all, endive has a bitter component, too, as do numerous other foods, including chocolate. bahwm and I will welcome you to Buffalo some day, and you can have Brussels sprouts prepared correctly. You may still not love them, but we will still love you just the same.

Careful Nallie! This sounds like a threat!

Thank the lord my mom never tried to feed us Brussel Sprouts, or liver for that matter. Can't say whether I would like them or not. But don't want to try!

rabbitjr

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:just went in. i hate myself. i know i shouldn't be spending money like this willy nilly in a bad economy.

at least i can drink while i castigate myself.

the quest marches on...

I bought 1 Monday morning and I shouldn't have because my wallet was screaming.
But now I've read the labrat reports and am thinking this may be the perfect wine for me and want more. But now my wallet's screaming out in pain even louder. Think I'll just stick with my first order!

OSFish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OSFish
rabbitjr wrote:I bought 1 Monday morning and I shouldn't have because my wallet was screaming.
But now I've read the labrat reports and am thinking this may be the perfect wine for me and want more. But now my wallet's screaming out in pain even louder. Think I'll just stick with my first order!

I know that feeling... but hey might as well... maybe then I will have a black box now ;)

meeshcake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meeshcake
iceeblue7 wrote:Just wanted to say great discussion over the last few days. I have learned a lot. One of the best weeks on the forums that I have witnessed. Thanks to everyone who chipped in.

I would like to piggyback on this sentiment and say "Ditto!" - I am learning a lot reading these forums, and it's great to hear real opinions from real people who really enjoy good wine.

I'm happy to have joined the newbie population here and look forward to my Especially Happy Pastime of drinking my 6 bottles. Hopefully I won't do it all at once.

Pota Solta Bonus Es - Drink, Dance and be Good - Motto, St. Supery - Napa, Ca.

craiggery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages craiggery

also caved...my first woot in probably two months...feels great to be back off the wagon

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
Corrado wrote:24+24+11 = 59 hours to get to 90%. Should sell out by this evening.

ah, but if you check out the 71/22/8 percentage by day, we need to just about match yesterday's sales today, which is only just over double today's current running total... and history has shown that the sales trend decreases sharply from the initial frenzy down to a trickle, yet picks up significantly when the bouncing starts. I expect this to sell out before 4pm Eastern.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

I get my 2 cases a year out of Noceto also. Totally worth joining. Hoping for a third woot from them.

Also, teh button...she bounces...

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen

Maybe I missed it in all the chatter (and, holy cow, there is a lot of it this week), but do we know who made this wine? I recall some speculation early on, but I do not remember seeing anything definitive.

bhodilee

pagreen wrote:Maybe I missed it in all the chatter (and, holy cow, there is a lot of it this week), but do we know who made this wine? I recall some speculation early on, but I do not remember seeing anything definitive.

Seeing as how the blend is Similiar to the Toothy and the Location is the same, we're guessing it's Lucas and Llewelyn like the Toothy. Which is fine for me as they're my Cheap But Good goto wines.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
pagreen wrote:Maybe I missed it in all the chatter (and, holy cow, there is a lot of it this week), but do we know who made this wine? I recall some speculation early on, but I do not remember seeing anything definitive.

for Woot Cellars, we don't usually find out until after it's over, sometimes without confirmation for months. Given the fact that it was released so close to the Toothstein, with primarily the same grape, the same vintage, and same location (city on the bottle), it's a near lock that this is also L&L.

Edit: damn too slow... this is why I typically don't respond to questions, someone's always faster than me!

rabbitjr

Am I the only one who found this tasting a little on the x-rated side? Or is it just my mind is in the gutter?

Corrado wrote:Well, I tried the whole blind-from-the-cellar thing, but after the third time sticking the corkscrew through my hand, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. :D

yeah, the corkscrew isn't meant for the hand. That's the other long skinny thingy

Remove cork with my kick-burro double-action wine decorkerizer.

Boys. Always trying to impress with their toys

Sniff ... and comment to self that I'm being infatuated. Check the inside of the neck for schwag.

Sounds like a strange mating ritual to me.

Now that I've dicked around ...for 5-10 minutes, it's had a chance to open up a bit and ready for some serious schnoz action.

Foreplay will usually do this

I'm getting a lot of musty/woody aromas (socks?)... While it is fairly aromatic, it's got a pretty one-dimensional nose and doesn't do a lot to wow me.

Non-wine speaking - I think this would completely turn me off!

After all this work, I'm now hella thirsty! Time to guzzle wine!

well you should be if you really worked at it!

I take another sniff and decide that there's some kinda Tootsie-roll or molasses thing goin' on in the back ground. Beaming with pride at having pulled that out of my ass, I taste. Take a bit in, gently caress it around in my mouth, roll it around on my tongue ...

totally kinky and not my cup of tea. and, may I add, very strange.

Here I really just to figure out what's going on and what I want to pay attention to.

seems like you should have figured this out alerady . especially before the ass part!

Second taste I pay a lot more attention to what's going on. How does it feel? What's going on? Does it start off with a bang? What seems to happen between the instant you take ... in through the 10 seconds or so you move it around your mouth, to the instant you swallow, to what's left afterwards, how long it lasts, and if that finish continues to evolve new flavors...

I lost track, is this a he or a she?

Now onto the BS portion of the show.

shouldn't this be at the beginning? the impression part along with the toys..

Aging potential?

hope you're not going there too soon in the relationship

Hope this doesn't push too far on the tastefulness scale. it's just what was going on inside my head as I read Corrado's otherwise informative narrative!

misswinegirl

quality posts: 20 Private Messages misswinegirl

So 10 of us decided to try out labrat bottle last night. YUMMY!!! Althought light on the palate, it was jam-packed with fruit. Definitely a nice sipping wine, or one that pairs nicely with light fair food...perfect for turkey! Being more than 50% Sang, I would have thought it packed a bigger punch, but it meshed well with the Cab and Merlot. About 1/2 of the people tasting were "new" to the red wine scene...and absolutely loved it! I am glad I personally stocked up on this one!
I recommend it for all occasions...another WOOT hit!

608 bottles wooted and counting...along with every cheese, balsamic, oil and now meat woot!

meeshcake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meeshcake

Holy Cow, I just bought another 6

I love wine.woot ,my wallet not so much love.

But hey...it's the holidays! I'm happy, I'm splurging!

Pota Solta Bonus Es - Drink, Dance and be Good - Motto, St. Supery - Napa, Ca.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

I rarely buy woot wines any more, but for the first few years, I bought more than I passed on, and the result is my cellar is loaded with woot wines, including plenty of Noceto. But the woot cellars wines have been uniformly very good with exceptional QPR.

I have no interest in changing your mind, but IMO there is always room in one's cellar, or room on one's gift list for a $10 bottle of wine that drinks like a $20 bottle.

dewthedru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewthedru

bounce bounce bounce!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Meant to chime in earlier, then was going to bring EHP to game night and refresh my memory first and get more opinions. Unfortunately none of that happened. I remember really liking the wine at Vegas. Honestly can't remember the nose not that I'm great with that anyway, bright fruit (strawberries and cranberries), smooth, long finish. Very drinkable and yummy enough to refresh our palates after like 20 other wines (yeah, I know some of you powered ahead and probably finished all 30+ by then :P).

CT

tmacfarlan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages tmacfarlan

I'd been contemplating this for the past couple of days, mainly because I have to drive from Boston up to NH to get any wine I order. Decided to go in for two.

With the judge's decision here in MA last week, hopefully woot will be able to ship directly to me soon!

I'm hoping this lives up to the Wellington 4 pack I got around this time last year. That stuff brought me into the wine scene, especially the Syrah (Which, incidentally, I ended up buying another half case of direct from Wellington!)

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

upped my order to a case ... can't wait to try it

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"