cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, her post doesn't even claim that much. It merely says "I don't have a left side to my brain."
Could it be there's no right side, either?

HEY!

This I expect from Sparky, but you? *sniffs* I'm hurt

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
laxdad wrote:Well, I use the Adams "tinkertoy" racks because you can make them any shape you'd like. I have two racks, different shapes, I built a base with feet for each to keep them off the floor. Total of about 250 bottles at any given time.

Thanks!

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
cheron98 wrote:
Then I use my CellarTracker to tell me which rack each bottle is in, and I can find stuff fairly quickly from there

and Thanks!

Keep them coming!

dll2k4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dll2k4
kdjakubs wrote:If there is anyone wanting this lovely wine in the Portland OR area to Eugene, let me know and you can ship it to me. I am in Vancouver - and a winewootvet . Love to help the community
Email me direct at kerilyn @ comcast. net

Thanks for the offer, but why? We can ship directly to Oregon.

Torps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torps

In for 2.. can use the gift bags to gift my remaining toothsteijn hehe.. yuck

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Well, I e-mailed service.woot and upped my order to 2. My first case buy ever!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Surprised this is still going! I think the only woot.wine to NOT sell out has been the costly-for-one-bottle-of-woot-wine Polyphemus (which I would gladly violate the SIWBM to pick up again). Production must be well over 1000 cases.

1230 cases would equate to a nice, round 50 barrels of wine (TS offering was 40 barrels). That would mean 2460 "woots."

My prediction is for a bounce around 2PM EST and sellout by 6PM EST.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

I have been ratted. Slight problem though.

Bottle arrived while I was out doing errands. My wife opened it for me and was in the kitchen. When I got home all excited and rushed in to see it, she thought she was being attacked. Wine and glass everywhere. I soaked some up with a towel and will squeeze and strain it (no glass shards) later. First we have to clean up the mess. Next time, I won't let her read the labels.

Slight eau de dishtowel on the nose at this point. Will make for a difficult lab rat report.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
polarbear22 wrote:I have been ratted. Slight problem though.

Bottle arrived while I was out doing errands. My wife opened it for me and was in the kitchen. When I got home all excited and rushed in to see it, she thought she was being attacked. Wine and glass everywhere. I soaked some up with a towel and will squeeze and strain it (no glass shards) later. First we have to clean up the mess. Next time, I won't let her read the labels.

Slight eau de dishtowel on the nose at this point. Will make for a difficult lab rat report.

... best announcement EVER ...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

wacka wacka wacka

signed.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:... best announcement EVER ...

Best and worst. We all weep for the passing of the vino puppy.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

iceeblue7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iceeblue7

We are sorry for you lose. Hope the wife is okay to.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Guess she took the back label too literally:

3) IN CASE OF POLAR BEAR ATTACK
Grasp bottle firmly by neck, break base on solid surface & defend with quick controlled side-to-side slashing movements - not forward thrusts.

Sounds like she missed since you are ok enough to be updating us.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
polarbear22 wrote:When I got home all excited and rushed in to see it, she thought she was being attacked.

Did she slash or thrust?
This is the first report I can recall of anyone taking a w00t back label seriously.

polarbear22

pengu1n wrote:Guess she took the back label too literally:

3) IN CASE OF POLAR BEAR ATTACK
Grasp bottle firmly by neck, break base on solid surface & defend with quick controlled side-to-side slashing movements - not forward thrusts.

Sounds like she missed since you are ok enough to be updating us.

I broke down weeping, so she was safe and stopped waving the bottle.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

dayoff53

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dayoff53

I am a professional skeptic and I have to say that I doubt the veracity of your report. I find it too much of a coincidence that your lovely bride would attempt to attack you, PolarBear, in the manner suggested on the label. I think it more likely that:
1) you have not been ratted, or
2) the wine does not, in fact, have a nose of dish towel.
Care to come clean?

DayOff53
my cellar

polarbear22

dayoff53 wrote:I am a professional skeptic and I have to say that I doubt the veracity of your report. I find it too much of a coincidence that your lovely bride would attempt to attack you, PolarBear, in the manner suggested on the label. I think it more likely that:
Care to come clean?

I showered it off, so yes I am clean.

My Cellar

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
dayoff53 wrote:I am a professional skeptic and I have to say that I doubt the veracity of your report. I find it too much of a coincidence that your lovely bride would attempt to attack you, PolarBear, in the manner suggested on the label. I think it more likely that:
Care to come clean?

Spoilsport!!!!!

dayoff53

jawlz wrote:Spoilsport!!!!!

Yes, I believe I can admit to that as well. Professional skeptic AND spoilsport. A man cannot but accept his nature.

DayOff53
my cellar

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
Corrado wrote:Surprised this is still going! I think the only woot.wine to NOT sell out has been the costly-for-one-bottle-of-woot-wine Polyphemus (which I would gladly violate the SIWBM to pick up again). Production must be well over 1000 cases.

1230 cases would equate to a nice, round 50 barrels of wine (TS offering was 40 barrels). That would mean 2460 "woots."

My prediction is for a bounce around 2PM EST and sellout by 6PM EST.

Perhaps the results from the last record breaker dazzled them with $$$ possibilities and they vastly ramped up production. See below.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS134900+20-Oct-2008+BW20081020

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
woopdedoo wrote:The question: What seems to work best as far as method of organization - and accounting for the likelihood of adding (and subtracting) from the inventory?

For those that care to review and or continue this discussion, I was bored and copied everything over to Corrado's original wine rack thread. At least unless anyone thinks I should put it elsewhere.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
tomatillo wrote:Perhaps the results from the last record breaker dazzled them with $$$ possibilities and they vastly ramped up production. See below.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS134900+20-Oct-2008+BW20081020

A 2005 vintage? I'd love to see WD's crystal ball. Just don't FedEx it to Polarbear!

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
Torps wrote:In for 2.. can use the gift bags to gift my remaining toothsteijn hehe.. yuck

I tried to give it away, they opened it, tasted it, and gave it right back. snortz!

ochaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ochaos

wow, this was a close call... I usually check wine.woot religiously -- but I'm on vacation this week (woot!) and I just didn't think about it until last night.... and Immediately ordered one, without even getting the wife's blessings first.... I then waited for her to arrive home... I told her what I had done, and then she asked me "why didn't you buy two?"

gotta love her.... (and yes I quickly fired off and e-mail and upped my order)

In for 2!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
Daystar wrote:I tried to give it away, they opened it, tasted it, and gave it right back. snortz!

I'm curious.
Are we seeing critical comments from people who are not generally thrilled with the varietal, or is the issue Sangiovese lovers who did not like that particular offering?

yarhargoat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yarhargoat

My first woot!

I've been lurking on woot forever. Finally decided to hop on the bandwagon with a case of the EHP. The humor and gift bags made the decision to buy a case. Hell, even if it's carp wine, the novelty of the bottle and gift bag makes it worth $10!

in for 2!

This is after asking wifey last night if she was cool with buying these for us to use at holiday parties and/or give as gifts. She, being pragmatic, of course said "no". Guess I accidentally found my credit card info already plugged in, and uh, tripped and hit the gold button by mistake. Ooops!

Good thing I'm shipping them work!

canonizer

tomatillo wrote:I'm curious.
Are we seeing critical comments from people who are not generally thrilled with the varietal, or is the issue Sangiovese lovers who did not like that particular offering?

I thought the toothstain to be a tremendous value and am very familiar with sangiovese. It's nicely balanced, has bright acidity and isn't a booze/fruit bomb. I think, perhaps sadly, people expect the NO WIMPY WINES mantra to accompany their w.w. purchases.

signed.

polarbear22

Clever, tricky wife. She put the real EHP into a decanter and put some of my homemade wine into the bottle for "realism".

I'll be able to post a full labrat report later today.

My Cellar

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

still no bounce Tuesday at 10am? w.t.f? must have a buttload of this ...

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

canonizer

polarbear22 wrote:Clever, tricky wife. She put the real EHP into a decanter and put some of my homemade wine into the bottle for "realism".

bwaha.

signed.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
canonizer wrote:I thought the toothstain to be a tremendous value and am very familiar with sangiovese. It's nicely balanced, has bright acidity and isn't a booze/fruit bomb. I think, perhaps sadly, people expect the NO WIMPY WINES mantra to accompany their w.w. purchases.

You are so right - if anyone has any toothsteijn to give away - please give it to me!!

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
MarkDaSpark wrote:Finally found it!!!!

Where did you find this baby photo of Brock Lesnar, new UFC champ?

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

rpm

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rpm
canonizer wrote:I thought the toothstain to be a tremendous value and am very familiar with sangiovese. It's nicely balanced, has bright acidity and isn't a booze/fruit bomb. I think, perhaps sadly, people expect the NO WIMPY WINES mantra to accompany their w.w. purchases.

I agree with you. I thought the Toothstjen was a very nice bottle of wine, with good fruit, even better balance, and easily comparable in quality to an $18-22 Chianti. It's very much a food wine. I had a bottle at lunch a few weeks ago with my partner who, though no connoisseur, drinks quite a bit of Italian wine. He was very impressed with it, especially the PVR.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

wootified

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
polarbear22 wrote:Clever, tricky wife. She put the real EHP into a decanter and put some of my homemade wine into the bottle for "realism".

magic - on so many levels

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

dixbry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dixbry

I have been ratted! yah! I just got the knock on the door. While I am by no means a wine expert..I will do my best to give you a good report. My husband is in Iraq and won't be much help, so I am having a good friend come over for their insights too....

wbost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wbost

Gotta go in for one since it's still around! Woot!

dayoff53

The great thing about being a skeptic is you are so frequently disappointed!
Looking forward to your report!

DayOff53
my cellar

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

My problem was it lacked complexity and was just a very thin wine that IMO lacked flavor. I dont like fruit bombs either. That in itself is keeping me from getting any of this although I'm awfully tempted. I just dont want to end up w/ another 6 bottles that I will use to cook w/. With my luck this will be a magnificent wine that I miss out on, watch!

dayoff53

dayoff53 wrote:The great thing about being a skeptic is you are so frequently disappointed!
Looking forward to your report!

I was interrupted before I finished that thought, then lost track. I meant to say that the great think about being a skeptic is that you are so SELDOM disappointed. Especially when it concerns carp you read on the internet... <g>

DayOff53
my cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
dixbry wrote:I have been ratted! yah! I just got the knock on the door. While I am by no means a wine expert..I will do my best to give you a good report. My husband is in Iraq and won't be much help, so I am having a good friend come over for their insights too....

your husband is awesome, congrats on the rattage, I hope he's back soon and you can enjoy a couple bottles together.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)