1 11 oz Cypress Grove Purple Haze Chevre

No CT links. Enjoy the cheese!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

FIRST SUCKER.

FEAR MY TANNINS (AND MY TOOTHSTAINING ANTHOCYANINS)

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

danielg33125

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielg33125

this is officially the smelliest woot I have seen since I became a member a couple weeks ago...

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Spent a few days in Haarlem (for Floridad). Interested in cheesemaker input this time!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

*drool*

I've been seriously craving cheese, and now you do this? I have to go find some now.

PS - Point Reyes is *amazing* cheese! I don't know about the other two.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Tenacubus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tenacubus

My last cheese purchase just arrived and after ordering wine earlier today I'm not sure I should buy this... but its delicious cheese, how do you say no to delicious cheese?

southamptonkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages southamptonkitty

Are you kidding me???? Its Beaujolais day and they offer me cheese. *single tear* I was really hoping...

Kitty Ski

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Wtg on first sucker L...you're the cheesiest!!!!

And thank goodness it wasn't fwWNZOLc7aEKE8 as first sucker. I can't even begin to know how to pronounce fwWNZOLc7aEKE8 let alone spell fwWNZOLc7aEKE8.

Now...do I really need 3 lbs of cheese in December? That Goulda was pretty damn...wait for it...gooda in Vegas.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

Sigh. This is wine.woot, not cheese.woot

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

How could I not?

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
javadrinker wrote:Wtg on first sucker L...you're the cheesiest!!!!

And thank goodness it wasn't fwWNZOLc7aEKE8 as first sucker. I can't even begin to know how to pronounce fwWNZOLc7aEKE8 let alone spell fwWNZOLc7aEKE8.

Now...do I really need 3 lbs of cheese in December? That Goulda was pretty damn...wait for it...gooda in Vegas.

Watch it, not 3 lbs. That third one is 11oz.

And while not bad, I wasn't overly impressed with the gouda. But like I told my dear PSith Master, gouda isn't one of my favorites, so it has to be really super extra fabulous for me to be impressed by it. But I found it to be a little forgettable. Then again, we had so many cheeses, including the 3 Sisters stuff which I absolutely adore... I could be misremembering.

Regardless, there's blue. And yes I've had this blue. And I just don't like blue. Gonna have to pass on this one.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
javadrinker wrote:Wtg on first sucker L...you're the cheesiest!!!!

Maybe this will help...it isn't three pounds...it's 2 lbs. 11ozs.!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
southamptonkitty wrote:
Are you kidding me???? Its Beaujolais day and they offer me cheese. *single tear* I was really hoping...

We're not going to see very many French wines offered on Wine.Woot.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:Watch it, not 3 lbs. That third one is 11oz.

And while not bad, I wasn't overly impressed with the gouda. But like I told my dear PSith Master, gouda isn't one of my favorites, so it has to be really super extra fabulous for me to be impressed by it. But I found it to be a little forgettable. Then again, we had so many cheeses, including the 3 Sisters stuff which I absolutely adore... I could be misremembering.

Regardless, there's blue. And yes I've had this blue. And I just don't like blue. Gonna have to pass on this one.

Dammit...beat me by a few seconds!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
silent7seven wrote:Sigh. This is wine.woot, not cheese.woot

Yeah, it's also not whine.woot.

Sorry, had to. Seriously I don't understand why there's all this fuss about having non-wine items up, but are still wine related. WD goes through a lot to find high quality stuff for us to enjoy WITH our wine. I for one appreciate it. If you (the general you, not you in particular 7) don't want to partake of the item simply because it's non-wine, I feel sorry for you - you're missing out. But that's your choice.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

filpenny

quality posts: 9 Private Messages filpenny

Thinking about getting this for my stepmom for Christmas.. she is into the gourmet scene.

Anyone know anything about these? Would this make a good gift? Does the product need to be refrigerated?

lauratchi

question for the Vegas folks

How was the goatcheese? The flavors sound really interesting. In a good way.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cooneym11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cooneym11

Funny, just had the purple haze last week with an '03 Bandol. The cheese was delicious, very smooth creaminess of a chevre and nice balance of the fennel and lavender (really not that dominant). Not sure what the price was, so no idea if this is a good deal, but being wine.woot, it must be.

From Product Description:
You won’t find cheeses like this plastic-wrapped in individual slices. You won’t find them anywhere, in fact, except California and Wine.Woot.

Hmmm...Pretty sure they carry the purple haze at the co-op on NE 15th and Alberta in PDX.

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra
cheron98 wrote:Seriously I don't understand why there's all this fuss about having non-wine items up, but are still wine related.

Eyeballing this cheese and thinking it would make my mini trips out for nibblies easier, especially now that the snow is starting here in Chicago.

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

ssufish

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ssufish

Love the Chevre and Gouda, but alas...seems like I'll pass on this one. Thumbs up to you woot for really picking up the pace and making me excited to spend my money. Way to boost the economy, ha.

Walstib

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Walstib
wine.woot wrote:You won’t find cheeses like this plastic-wrapped in individual slices. You won’t find them anywhere, in fact, except California and Wine.Woot.

Ok, now that is just silly and plain old not true. I know front page writeups tend to be tongue-in-cheek, but I can get at least two out of three of these cheeses, plastic-wrapped in individual slices, at my local cheese store. Shoot, I don't need to go any further than Whole Foods for Point Reyes.

That said, those two (Purple Haze and Point Reyes Blue) are excellent cheeses and are being offered here for a fairly nice price. I'm not familiar with the Cali-gouda.

lauratchi

So, I just found this collection of California artisinal cheese for 48 bucks. WD or CD as the case maybe is doing us a huge favor. This collection below is 48 bucks before shipping. Note the size.

One 4oz Cypress Grove Purple Haze Chevre,
One 6oz Winchester Cheese Medium Gouda,
One 6oz wedge Original Blue,
~plus one 3oz jar Marshall's Farm Honey

Ok, so we don't get the honey, but we do get a lot more cheese.

Thanks WD!

cooneym11

Conveniently this comes out to $42.99 for 43 ounces of cheese, thats $1 and ounce. Seems like a screaming deal to me when you compare to prices at the quality cheese section at a nice store.

unixrab

quality posts: 11 Private Messages unixrab

Parmigiano-Reggiano... and i would have bought. ..............meh

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cooneym11

Trio of Artisan Cheeses
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: PetiteSirah
Speed to first woot: 0m 18.767s

Last wooter to woot: cooneym11

Sniff, sniff...would love to rat that point reyes!

This will be great to share with some close friends after ripping the slopes of hood in mid December, and after my Blazers just put on a highlight reel on da bulls, I couldn't resist getting in on this steal.

Kpowell503

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kpowell503

Winchester cheese is right up the road from me. Weird. Good stuff though... would highly recommend. Always luv a good chunk o cheese.

Kimberly Powell

greenmonkey125

quality posts: 10 Private Messages greenmonkey125

very good deal. Like already mentioned, it's about $1/oz., plus, I looked at all the individual websites and it's less than they're selling for BEFORE likely $10 shipping. So, this is a great deal. Too bad I don't have a chance of eating it all myself. (Actually, more like I'm afraid I'd finish it all myself)

J3buswrx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages J3buswrx

I just became the assistant cheese steward at a few of the Markets of Choice here in Portland, OR ... so I think I will have to pass on this one. Thanks though!

Owner of things.

theflamingchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theflamingchicken

I used to live directly across the street from Cypress Grove in Arcata, CA. Very wonderful people and an absolutely incredible line of cheeses. I like Humboldt Fog even more, though.

*sigh*

Why in the hell am I in the midwest now?

darienk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darienk

Bought the 3 lb wheel of Point Reyes when it was offered last time, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm willing to take a chance on the others, because I doubt the connoisseurs at wine.woot would toss us anything that wasn't above-average quality. Here's to some tasty treats come the second week of December.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PSA!! Join in the Fun!! Find a Woot Wine Gathering near you! List courtesy of cjsiege ....

cjsiege wrote:~~~ We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Thursday, “Getting Ready for the Weekend” Edition

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? Come join us! No gathering? No problem! Propose one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Note: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

November
11/22: Seattle Area: Holiday Feasting at GrammieDaBoss’ House Who wouldn’t want to be holiday feasting at Grammie’s House??? Better let her know that you’re coming!!!
11/22:Minnesota #4 The Twin Cities are getting Holiday Festive over at hdavis4000’s place!
TBD: Portland, OR EdtheBedhead is polling for November dates.

December
12/6: NoVA/DC #8 Loweeel is hosting. Let us know if you are coming!
12/13: NYC #7 – Holiday Tasting 20 people. 20 wines. Oh, and Gary V is coming over just to liven things up a notch!
12/20: NoVA/DC #8.5: A Break From The Madness Just hangin’ out, relaxin’ under the Wootmas Tree with the homies!
12/28: Chicago #8: Wishing You a Sparkly New Year! Sparklitariate unite! Unite and fight for your right to NOT be frou-frou! Meet at Lauratchi’s & Joel’s place on Sunday night!
TBD: German Goodness in Rockford, IL Subinsignia is planning Teutonic Festivities at the local Rathskeller! Dates are being discussed, so it’s time to start thinking ahead.

January
1/24: TMR’s Ultimate WineBid Dinner Party This looks like a crazy good evening! If you haven’t checked the thread lately, you really need to do so.
1/31: NoVA/DC #9 We have a date. Now it’s time to start thinking theme!.
TBD: NYC #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old Calling all 10+ year old wines…the NYC w.w’ers request your presence at a tasting in your honor in January!
TBD: SoCal #6: The Continuous New Year’s Eve Party The SoCal Wine Wooters want to extend the holidays. Come join them!
TBD: NE FL & SE GA #2 The last one was so much fun, the FL/GA wooters are looking for a repeat!

February (No, that isn’t a misprint!)
2/7: Detroit #4: Sushi Battle …with Sparklies!!!
~~~ We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thursday night Woot Wine ~~~

If you don't see one in your area, Create your own!!! Just look at some of the ones just past, and you can get an idea!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

terrenceistheman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages terrenceistheman

how come the last cheese is 11oz and not a full lb?
can we get a what what from the cheese maker or spokesperson?

McCool009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McCool009

I'm broke, butI'll vouch for the Point Reyes. When they say mild, they mean it. It's unlike any blue cheese I've had. How's the Purple Haze?

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
J3buswrx wrote:I just became the assistant cheese steward at a few of the Markets of Choice here in Portland, OR ... so I think I will have to pass on this one. Thanks though!

Oh. I'll have to stop by. Anything good this week?

kamakazikorean13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamakazikorean13
silent7seven wrote:Sigh. This is wine.woot, not cheese.woot

THEY SHOULD MAKE A CHEESE.WOOT.COM!!!!!

Pertelian External LCD Display v4 | Connect3D 4GB SD Card | iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter | Organic Light Beam (T-Shirt) | Portable Wine Cellar | Mustek MBT-D120 Bluetooth Dongle | Random scaffolding (1 red/black backpack, 1 Vector Compact Jump Start, and 1 SnacDaddy) | Sugar BSOD (T-Shrit) | Survival Tracking Guide (T-Shirt) | Tokyo Flash Men’s Equalizer H-Frequency Watch | Power Sentry 5 Outlet PowerSquid - 2 Pack | 2 Random T-Shirts | 2 Micro-SD 2gb | Artisan Cheese | Screaming Monkey

aares

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aares

What the hell is this? Who the hell wants to spend $60 on wine, $50 on fruitcake, $40 on CHEESE, or $50 on truffles?? Seriously. If I want CHEESE, I will go to my local cheese market. If I want $60 worth of wine, I will go to my local wine shop which is three minutes from my house. If I want fruitcake...well, I never want fruitcake. If I want truffles, I will buy them at a much lower price at my local gourmet chocolate shop.

Bring on the one bottle wines (that are $10 or less), and just drop the cheese and other foods.

runtlee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages runtlee

Couple of questions before I bite.

How long will this stuff last in the fridge?

can it be frozen without losing to much of the texture/flavor?

Im just one person, and I doubt I can eat almost 3lbs of cheese before it goes bad

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

Still able to comply with my siwwbb.

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

How good is this deal?

Another tricky one to compare as there does not appear to be an exact offer available anywhere. For this offer I have compared the direct from cheese-maker prices for each cheese. For shipping I have used the Point Reyes price (FREE) as they actually offer all three cheeses in a "collection" pack, albeit in much smaller sizes as has already been pointed out.

Click the link above for details on this deal.

As these have not been posted yet, here are links to each of the cheese-maker websites.

http://www.winchestercheese.com/
http://pointreyescheese.com/
http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/

CT | | | | | |