cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:What about Lions Peak Vineyards, "One of the oldest vineyards in the Central Coast"?

Plus, they have a Petite Sirah (c'mon, you had to know it was coming!!).

And they have a bordeaux blend called Bon Courage.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
cjsiege wrote:And they have a bordeaux blend called Bon Courage.

That's it. And they have a CS port. Mmmmmmm

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
kylemittskus wrote:That's it. And they have a CS port. Mmmmmmm

CS Port is pretty meh, especially in a reductive/ruby style. It makes a nice tawny. PS makes a much better port; CS is too lean for it.

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

jhoofard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhoofard

I believe we Montinore as well.........

edthebedhead wrote:

??

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
cheron98 wrote:Did scottw2 ever post his labrat review or do we need to send out the hounds?

I don't think so. Amazing that the bottle has been there since Thursday and apparantly never opened. Seems like there is a lack of understanding re. labrat there.

Maybe WD should short his/her order by a bottle!

kylemittskus

Loweeel wrote:CS Port is pretty meh, especially in a reductive/ruby style. It makes a nice tawny. PS makes a much better port; CS is too lean for it.

Mmmmmm. PS port.

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
speedoo wrote:I don't think so. Amazing that the bottle has been there since Thursday and apparantly never opened. Seems like there is a lack of understanding re. labrat there.

Maybe WD should short his/her order by a bottle!

Come, come, now.
It's an honor system.
You've got to play the percentages and hope for the best.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Winedavid39 wrote:courage

2nd clue : another word for courage

kylemittskus

winefarm wrote:2nd clue : another word for courage

Bravery. Audacity. Fortitude.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Synonyms:
bravery, courageousness, daring, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, gallantry, greatheartedness, guts, hardihood, heart, heroism, intrepidity, intrepidness, nerve, stoutness, valor

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45

Fortified Wine?

P.S. Long time lurker, my first woot was the Pedroncelli during the woot-off. I'm really excited to start building up a little bit of a collection and get in on some really good wines rather than wasting my money at the supermarket!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

kylemittskus

saxwizerd45 wrote:Fortified Wine?

That was my thought.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
tomatillo wrote:Come, come, now.
It's an honor system.
You've got to play the percentages and hope for the best.

I was kidding. Sort of.

Your review was fantastic, and eventually led to my order.

So thanks.

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla

Would be great if it was Elan Vineyards in Napa...

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Fess Parker Winery? He played Davy Crockett & Daniel Boone, both known for courage, audacity, etc. And they are listed as a "Soon" on the spreadsheet.

We've had Fess Parker, Parker Station, & Epiphany. Maybe his Fortress Vineyard line?

Edit: Although it seems Fortress only has whites. So maybe hisFrontier Red line?

Even says about Crockett & Boone in text.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

lahargis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lahargis

Maybe Clos Mimi They have a Brave Oak vineyard.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ddeuddeg
luckyinla wrote:Would be great if it was Elan Vineyards in Napa...

Considering that their '05 Cab is already sold out, they may not need our help.
But that Walk for Life is next week, and you could still use some help. Come on, wine.wooters, join the rest of us who are trying to help luckyinla meet her goal!
Details here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
tomatillo wrote:LabRat reporting in.
2nd Edit: Weird note. This was one of the hardest corks to get out of a bottle I've fought in many a year. I've got one of those levered 'rabbit ears' devices which usually pulls a cork, natural or not, without a second thought. I seriously thought something glass or metal was going to break this time around! Never have had this much of a fight.

Interesting, and ladyofwine also noted that.
I use a single lever "waiter's" device(I think it's called that), and haven't opened hundreds of wines- as many have here. Using mine, should I be concerned of removing corks from this offering? I have enough finger, hand, and wrist scars from accidents involving glass- several with bottles. It's been quite a while but I don't need another trophy, and my work depends on my healthy hands without stitches.
Just how fragile are wine bottles, and opening them??

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
saxwizerd45 wrote:Fortified Wine?

P.S. Long time lurker, my first woot was the Pedroncelli during the woot-off. I'm really excited to start building up a little bit of a collection and get in on some really good wines rather than wasting my money at the supermarket!

Glad you piped in, sax. Isn't it great to get such variety and a trustworthy level of prescreening? It makes it easy to try new things, and trying new things = best way to learn about wine in my opinion. Keep posting. We heart converted lurkers.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
lahargis wrote:Maybe Clos Mimi They have a Brave Oak vineyard.

The clue would be about the winery name, not an individual wine.

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

iByron

MaskedMarvel wrote:Mettler Wine

So far this seems the most likely given the clues.

Your Private WIneaux

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

Sold out, 2000 woots, 1000 cases. That's a lot of vino.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1
iByron wrote:So far this seems the most likely given the clues.

how so?

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
iByron wrote:The clue would be about the winery name, not an individual wine.

Not so... remember, the Chase, the clue was men's underwear. Referring to "Hanes", and "Hayne Vineyard", where the Zin came from.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

saxwizerd45

quality posts: 9 Private Messages saxwizerd45
Alaska1 wrote:how so?

I think we're supposed to derive "mettle" from the name "Mettler." This is an interesting and fun game... construing the intended meaning of words (it's one I do a lot since I'm in law school). Oh, and thanks for the welcome, nallie!

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

Tonight I see Andretti lists Sangiovese, Chardonnay and Fume Blanc for $100 a case, plus $56 shipping(Ohio) and 7% tax. In for two for half winery cost. Thanks WD

iByron

cheron98 wrote:Not so... remember, the Chase, the clue was men's underwear. Referring to "Hanes", and "Hayne Vineyard", where the Zin came from.

Okay.

More often than not, the clue is about the winery name and not an individual wine or vineyard or owner/winemaker name.

Your Private WIneaux

Alaska1

mmmmmmmmmm, ZIN!!

Drool

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Alaska1

Sorry about that last post.

ddeuddeg

iByron wrote:The clue would be about the winery name, not an individual wine.

Is that written somewhere?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

luckyinla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages luckyinla
ddeuddeg wrote:Considering that their '05 Cab is already sold out, they may not need our help.
But that Walk for Life is next week, and you could still use some help. Come on, wine.wooters, join the rest of us who are trying to help luckyinla meet her goal!
Details here.

Ddeuddeg, many thanks for your generosity & "advertising" for me! Due to the kindness of wine.wooters (and a few others), our team is the 4th highest team of fundraisers. So far we have received $14,700+ in donations. (The total donations for all walkers to date is over $506,000!)

The wine seems to be very closed-in and seems to have entered a dumb stage. Sort of a Marcel Meursault.
Paul S. Winalski

my cellartracker
The best use of bad wine is to drive away poor relations.
French proverb

kylemittskus

luckyinla wrote:Ddeuddeg, many thanks for your generosity & "advertising" for me! Due to the kindness of wine.wooters (and a few others), our team is the 4th highest team of fundraisers. So far we have received $14,700+ in donations. (The total donations for all walkers to date is over $506,000!)

BRAVO!!!!!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

another word for courage.

Im going with "mettle" as in Mettler Vineyards.

Ive had thier CS and PS and the PS is one of the better examples of what I think a PS is.

Good stuff.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
damightyanteater wrote:another word for courage.

Im going with "mettle" as in Mettler Vineyards.

Ive had thier CS and PS and the PS is one of the better examples of what I think a PS is.

Good stuff.

Just went back and read more of this thread and I wasn't the first to pick this. Damn it! The first time I felt I had a good guess and I was too slow on the trigger.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

ddeuddeg

luckyinla wrote:Ddeuddeg, many thanks for your generosity & "advertising" for me! Due to the kindness of wine.wooters (and a few others), our team is the 4th highest team of fundraisers. So far we have received $14,700+ in donations. (The total donations for all walkers to date is over $506,000!)

Here's an echo of Kyle's BRAVO. Check your PMs.

bentleyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bentleyboy

Grocery Outlet in California have it in their stores for $3.99 a bottle and you can buy as much as you like until it's all gone. I bought mine.

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
cheron98 wrote:Did scottw2 ever post his labrat review or do we need to send out the hounds?

Apparently he was too busy buying a new Acura TL to bother with his labrat duties. What a jerk.

scottw2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottw2
oppsie wrote:Apparently he was too busy buying a new Acura TL to bother with his labrat duties. What a jerk.

Wow, I have spies. Didn't know I was so popular.
I really didn't like the wine much. Kind of bland for my taste. I need more oak & aroma. This wine was lacking in both, but I'm a scotch drinker.
On the other hand, my wife, a wine connoisseur, found it refreshing & did not have any complaints. therefore I give it a passing grade for the price as she was very happy with it. The six pack arrives tomorrow & she will have a good time consuming them.

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
scottw2 wrote:Wow, I have spies. Didn't know I was so popular.
I really didn't like the wine much. Kind of bland for my taste. I need more oak & aroma. This wine was lacking in both, but I'm a scotch drinker.
On the other hand, my wife, a wine connoisseur, found it refreshing & did not have any complaints. therefore I give it a passing grade for the price as she was very happy with it. The six pack arrives tomorrow & she will have a good time consuming them.

When shirking labrat duties, we will hunt you to the ends of the earth.

In other news, how's the car?