hk94

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hk94
cyborgdo11 wrote:I recently had the Serena and personally wasn't a fan. The cheese was a bit too dry and bitter for me.

But you just described my personality to a tee! Guess we'll never be BFF. I love you anyway.

When wine.woot first went to the 2 a week format, I was fairly upset that the second offering was often not wine. This has to be the first non-wine offering I've gotten very excited about.

Now, the trick is to have the self control not to eat each wedge in a single sitting.

Councelor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Councelor

I love their site

(then again I have a dirty mind)

Bottom center of their website's homepage is the click button:

ENTER THREE SISTERS

WOOT!

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
alan10025 wrote:This sounds delicious and I'm ready to go in for one, but, instead of it being shipped ground, can I get, like, just two big pieces?

I'm embarrassed how long it took me to get that. Well played sir.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

someguy184

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someguy184

Never really been a wine and cheese kind of guy. I guess this is my time to start! Or, I'll be having lots of fancy grilled cheese sandwiches!

Blogging Old CEO cherry finally popped 4/1/2008
Box of Chorizo +coupon code s-NAIL on 4/1/2009
Bundle of Cornucopias 12/1/2010

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic
lespaul5807 wrote:
Now for my real question, how do you get the birthday coupon? I just had a birthday, but didn't get anything and looked in my account area for where it needs to be put and couldn't find any where to put it!

Leslie

it's not your birthday, it's the birthday of the month that you joined woot, in your case that would be next July, so make sure you are signed up to receive news in your account info.

(may I be the first wooter to wish you a personal Happy Birthday!!)

Sparky....this person needs some Birthday Balloons............

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Hmm, looking for things to do this weekend and saw this, same three sisters or different?

Might have to check that out to see what I bought and try the Humboldt Fog you guys rave about.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
lespaul5807 wrote:So if you didn't sign up for the newsletter when you opened your woot account you don't get the birthday code?

Correct. "(unless you’ve unchecked your newsletter notification box under the “your account” tab up there, in which case you won’t be hearing from us). "

If you don't have the check mark by the Newsletter box under the "Your Account" page, per the original post you can:

please email bdaycoupon@woot.com.

Good luck!

And as WineWootaholic noted:

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
WineWootaholic wrote:it's not your birthday, it's the birthday of the month that you joined woot, in your case that would be next July, so make sure you are signed up to receive news in your account info.

(may I be the first wooter to wish you a personal Happy Birthday!!)

Sparky....this person needs some Birthday Balloons............

Done. Glad you caught it ... I missed it.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bedbath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedbath

om nom nom cheese

one of the few wine.woot's i can participate in b/c of stupid MD shipping rules!

nisaarg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nisaarg

cheese.woot.com

--
(Woot) Lights will Guide you home -- Coldplay

docklink

quality posts: 2 Private Messages docklink
tenuki wrote:Hmm, looking for things to do this weekend and saw this, same three sisters or different?

Might have to check that out to see what I bought and try the Humboldt Fog you guys rave about.

Wow. I'm stuck at home this weekend, otherwise this would definitely be worth the trip to SF. Probably the same "3 Sisters"(how many can there be? ;) )

Bacchus had it right!!

Koniro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Koniro

What cheese could one compare this to? Is it nutty, pungent etc. Does it melt well, or accompany certain dishes/meats?

As for the price, it's not really that high, assuming this is a nice cheese. I've paid around 18 bucks for a nice parmigiano reggiano and I've never had a better parmesan since. Supermarket parmesan is a joke. Pre grated is an insult. Sadly there aren't any italian delis around me anymore...

GetOffMyLawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GetOffMyLawn
Councelor wrote:I love their site

(then again I have a dirty mind)

Bottom center of their website's homepage is the click button:

ENTER THREE SISTERS

WOOT!

I thought it was just me ;)

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe

For $30 I'd want more than 2 pounds! Even letting my birthwoot coupon lapse. Usually I order any and all cheeses.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
andyduncan wrote:I'm embarrassed how long it took me to get that. Well played sir.

you're not alone.

CT | | | | | |

smralis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smralis

Someone beat me to the observation.

Deleted.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen
LaVikinga wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that as I wrote it. We picked up some dry cured bacon at a Farmers' Market when we came thru VA this fall. The green on the rind gives me pause every time I see it. By the way, which is a better steak? A dry aged or a wet aged?

Food.Woot might be fun

Unfortunately, my natural cheapness and laziness have prevented me from doing extensive studies of this issue. I have always heard that dry-aged is better, and that wet-aged is just a cheaper shortcut. Dry-aging, I am led to understand, does two things. First, it lets the natural enzymes in the beef “pre-digest” the muscle fibers to soften and flavor them. (This is somehow different from letting beef rot—I guess the microbes are different.) Second, it reduces the moisture level of the meat, thereby intensifying the flavor. The downside for meat-packers is that it causes the meat to lose weight through dehydration as well as through the required trimming (the outside gets pretty brown and ugly). Wet aging, on the other hand, only has the first effect. Although it tenderizes the meat, without the drying effect, it does not concentrate the flavors. It is favored by meat-packers over dry-aging because it is faster, the meat does not lose weight through dehydration and does not need to be trimmed.

Perhaps during the second half of some week, Woot would let us do a nice lateral tasting with some nice, aged beef? One of the beauties of Woot is that it really does address the whole “laziness” thing.

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112
renaitre08 wrote:As a Tulare California cheese maker I have to say to this ... Huh? This person has obviously no connection with the dairy industry at all. California passed (more like left in the dust) Wisconsin as the #1 dairy state a long time ago. Happy cows are all over the Hilarides dairy... really. I have driven past the dairy many many times it is very modern and awe inspiring to any dairy industry person. Although I am local I have never tasted the cheese because it is not easy to find an outlet (unlike Bravo farms which is obvious) Looking forward to having this "treat" soon.

Yeah, this may be true but......

When you Californians got into the lead, you JACKED the price of MILK to the CURRENT RIP OFF LEVELS.

Thanks for nothing. California means $$$$ so thanks for napa valley prices on a gallon of milk.

Do cows really need state of the ART facilities to produce milk? I am out on this one.

really, I mean bragging about state of the art cow milking facilities. What happened to working for a living. get up, milk cows, feed chickens , etc.

sometimes all this "improved technology" is not doing anyone any good. state of the art facility means state of the art prices. corporations destroyed this economy with greed and no regulation. ask greenspannitis pusher, new word, alan greenspan.

ok off soapbox.

I bet this is good stuff. I just can't afford right now.

damn you woot gods for this heartache. cheese, must buy, really like, can't live without. GAHHHHHH, off with me head.

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
bugzappers2112 wrote:really, I mean bragging about state of the art cow milking facilities. What happened to working for a living. get up, milk cows, feed chickens , etc.

Does this mean you aren't in for three?
Or are you preparing for a Floyd R. Turbo American audition?

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112
Lighter wrote:Does this mean you aren't in for three?
Or are you preparing for a Floyd R. Turbo American audition?

not in for three,

"And what's all this fuss about plutonium: how can something named after a Disney character be dangerous? So what if an atomic plant blows up? The people who say that, they are afraid to die. I'm not afraid to die because all my life I have lived by the Good Book, the American Legion magazine...They say atomic radiation can hurt your reproductive organs. My answer is, so can a hockey stick, but we don't stop building them....Sure, nuclear leaks will affect the forest animals. So what if a deer grows up with two rear ends? They're easier to shoot...So in my simple way, I'm asking that you support nuclear energy. Remember being an American means being powerful, proud and pushy, and in conclusion, let me finish by ending...Thank you."

johnny carson, rip.....

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

GreatJorge

quality posts: 37 Private Messages GreatJorge
3Sisters wrote:Hello!

We do have a website:
www.threesisterscheese.com

Enjoy

I read your comments on this site (woot) on how to store it in the fridge: plastic wrap instead of ziplock so that it can breathe --- In your website it says to rub it with oil and store it in a covered food storage container using a small amount of paper towel to control humidity -- is that method OUTSIDE a fridge or on a fridge? Can you elaborate on the method? (do you cover the cheese or the container with the paper or is the paper just added into container?
By the way I'm assuming olive oil would work fine.

[PS: Sounds like a wonderful story (finding a way to get the next generation and expand the dairy into a cheese farmstead, the family run business itself, cows, milk, farm setting and the whole thing - I ordered some of the cheese and I can't wait to try it]

GreatJorge

quality posts: 37 Private Messages GreatJorge
hk94 wrote:But you just described my personality to a tee! Guess we'll never be BFF. I love you anyway.

When wine.woot first went to the 2 a week format, I was fairly upset that the second offering was often not wine. This has to be the first non-wine offering I've gotten very excited about.

Now, the trick is to have the self control not to eat each wedge in a single sitting.

Ditto!

Kuroko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kuroko

I may be late, but I wanted to share my own experiences with the Serenita, because it is sold at a finer grocery store in my area, and that's why I was in for one earlier during the woot.

To me, Serenita has the flavor of mellow sea salt. Combine this with the natural textural qualities of an aged (but not very aged) cheese, and you get an idea of how it tastes and eats. It is, in fact, very difficult to not finish a piece in one sitting, and the elemental-ness of the flavor makes me want to eat and drink it with all kinds of things. I have been forced to content myself with lower-priced odds and ends of Serenita, so the ability to purchase a pound along with a pound of one of its "sisters" is very attractive to me.

I look forward to forcing everyone to eat a slice at Thanksgiving - even the lactose intolerant!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day... and I'm feelin' woot.

mfabache

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfabache

Where might one find the nutritional information (f/c/p, etc.) on these here cheeses? Its not on the 3sistas' website. Perhaps a comparision?

eric9tx

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eric9tx
eric9tx wrote:+++++++++++++++++++
Your attention please:
+++++++++++++++++++
Target has this 28-bottle wine cooler on clearance for $50

Regularly $199.99. I bought the same one on sale several months ago for $139. Works great. Not sure if every Target store has the same clearance items, but it would be well worth your time to check. Thanks for the info, Jopo! Another friend who works at Target called me at 9:26 this morning to tell me about the cooler too. Mixed emotions about that, including: 1) I'm not a morning person, why the frak are you calling me so (relatively) early on a Saturday? 2) What a good friend to let me know about a deal! 3) Does everyone see a wine-related product on sale and think "hey... that lush Eric would dig this"?
+++++++++++++++++++
end
+++++++++++++++++++

213 wooted bottles

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg

last wine.woots: S.Harvey Trio x2, Krupp, TyC, Wellington Zin vert, Twisted trio, WootCellars Triacipedis x2, Helix, Madison, InZin trio x2, Wellington Victory, (aw crap... I need to update this)
CT

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu
bugzappers2112 wrote:Yeah, this may be true but......

When you Californians got into the lead, you JACKED the price of MILK to the CURRENT RIP OFF LEVELS.

Thanks for nothing. California means $$$$ so thanks for napa valley prices on a gallon of milk.

Do cows really need state of the ART facilities to produce milk? I am out on this one.

really, I mean bragging about state of the art cow milking facilities. What happened to working for a living. get up, milk cows, feed chickens , etc.

sometimes all this "improved technology" is not doing anyone any good. state of the art facility means state of the art prices. corporations destroyed this economy with greed and no regulation. ask greenspannitis pusher, new word, alan greenspan.

ok off soapbox.

I bet this is good stuff. I just can't afford right now.

damn you woot gods for this heartache. cheese, must buy, really like, can't live without. GAHHHHHH, off with me head.

Milk is a scary scary business. A lot of legal rulings that set the stage for our country's inter state trade business was due to Milk monopolies. California doesn't have as much to do with it as the MILK CARTELS!

BigWetDog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigWetDog
pooflady wrote:And "proofreading" is one word.

I heart poof. So much like my mom...

[size=18][color=red]PURPLE![/color][/size] is the full extent of my coding skill

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog
3Sisters wrote:Now, now... You've bought 431 woot items, try some cheese! Give it a try and I'll bet you'll agree it was worth it You won't find it cheaper and then you NEVER get to try it because it will be well over your $15 bench mark! Besides, your signature says you stopped counting the cash.. whats $25 then ??

Anyone that has bought bree has paid probably more than this.

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia

Late Labrat here with Serenita. I was out of town and picked it up today. After days of no AC in the very cool midwest, the cheese is still ready to go!

This is a an exceptional cheese. Hard, a bit oily after it's travels, it has a nutty flavor that would be superb with syrupy Germans, sauternes or ports and some apples, pears, and the like. A but too soft to grate, I'd love to chill this down and try to anyway!

Thank you for the opportunity to try this truly otstanding cheese!

Steve Jones

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
eric9tx wrote:Target has this 28-bottle wine cooler on clearance for $50

That would have been a great WW deal, even at $80-100 w/shipping.
After I saw this post I drove to the local Target, but the only cooler there was the 18 bottle version for $149 plus tax.
Oh well, nothing ventured... nothing gained. Thanks for the heads up, though.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

SelfGovern

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SelfGovern

Sure wish I knew when this would get here if I ordered today... I'm visiting my
dad in Colorado... would be awesome if it came in by November 1, as I head
back to Texas on the 3rd.

To hit the button, or not to hit the button... that is the question....

Liberty breeds responsibility

Drez143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drez143
eric9tx wrote:

I just went to the target near me and not only didn't find that cooler, but it was like it didn't even exist there . Can't find that model on the target's website either.

psmurf

Drez143 wrote:I just went to the target near me and not only didn't find that cooler, but it was like it didn't even exist there . Can't find that model on the target's website either.

Here(edit for link):
Avanti Black Avanti Wine Cooler - 28 bottle

Neil Peart(of Rush)

Drez143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drez143

Good call. I thought this was the vinotemp cooler.

liberalandproud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liberalandproud

Jacksonville, FL?
There's a wine woot tasting in Jacksonville, FL next month? Where do I sign up?
edit: I was trying to reply to a much earlier post about a tasting in Jacksonville, but it didn't quote the way I expected. I'd still love to know how I can get in on that Northeast Florida wine tasting action!

My favorite woot: Gourmet Coffee Cafe Single Serving Coffeemaker with Free (crappy) Coffee
use it every day, with Juan Valdez or Melitta pods

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
aerynea wrote:Augh, this is killing me, I never buy a cheese without being able to taste it first what to do, what to DO!

Give up. Buy it. Upside is good stuff you can't get locally. What's the down side?

CT | | | | | |

izzythefool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages izzythefool

Three Sisters Artisan Cheese
Current numbers (updated each minute):
First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 16.313s

Last wooter to woot: izzythefool

In for one. My first woot. Cheese... who would have thought.

psmurf

liberalandproud wrote:Jacksonville, FL?
There's a wine woot tasting in Jacksonville, FL next month? Where do I sign up?
edit: I was trying to reply to a much earlier post about a tasting in Jacksonville, but it didn't quote the way I expected. I'd still love to know how I can get in on that Northeast Florida wine tasting action!

If I could I'd surely be there... sounds like a great time for us Deep Southerners, and anyone else who can make the trip.
Try here:
NE FL & SE GA; Wines we want to Taste! Nov 15th, 5:30ish? Big shout out to dublwrap & MindyPerry!

Neil Peart(of Rush)

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
clayfu wrote:Milk is a scary scary business. A lot of legal rulings that set the stage for our country's inter state trade business was due to Milk monopolies. California doesn't have as much to do with it as the MILK CARTELS!

interestingly, I've noticed milk prices easing a bit. Just saw Horizon half gallons advertised at a local market for $3. Haven't seen it that cheap for well over a year, it's been running around $4.29 per half gal.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

I caved.

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 16.313s

Last wooter to woot: LoonBoarder

Dude... wait, what?