GvnMcCld

quality posts: 6 Private Messages GvnMcCld

After much thought (not if I wanted it or not mind you!) I'm in!

alan10025

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan10025
3Sisters wrote:To answer you question about shipping.... You cheese will be shipped ground, but will be fine if it arrives slightly warm. Just pop it in the refrigerator when it arrives and let it be for a bit. We make our cheese the way they made it long ago, before refrigeration, so it lasts A LONG time out of it. The weather is great right now for this!

This sounds delicious and I'm ready to go in for one, but, instead of it being shipped ground, can I get, like, just two big pieces?

Alan

renaitre08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renaitre08
3Sisters wrote:Awww thanks!!I don't know who this is but, come by the dairy and I'll give ya a free tour and sample!! Thanks so much for your kind words! We do our best at the dairy to keep our cows HAPPY and our cheese award winning!!

I think my fiancée and I would love to take you up on your offer!! I watched the dairy get built. I ordered some cheese this morning. SLO short course? I have no reservations about the purchase. Don't know me .. hmm well im Mike W plant 3 Land O' lakes, and a cheese (oh yes and wine) LOVER! please let me know when your next tour is and I will make the time to attend. That is unless the "press" goes down again Ha Ha (ughhh.) My Fiancée can't wait to see it (city girl from the O.C.)

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5

Did i miss the Banjo of Consternation?

cyborgdo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyborgdo11

I recently had the Serena and personally wasn't a fan. The cheese was a bit too dry and bitter for me.

keplar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages keplar

The moment I noticed wine.woot was selling artisan cheese, I knew I was in trouble. I resisted for about 24 hours, but then had to click the big gold button.

I love Parmesean, and always have a place for cheese that share some of its characteristics. My friends and I get together for wine/cheese/crackers a lot, and it will be a great to have a couple of good new cheeses to try.

Everything in life is better with good cheese :-)

-Keplar

SmokeyFalls

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SmokeyFalls

Smashing good cheese Gromit!

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

Stopped by 'our' cheese shop on the way through Spokane. The cheapest one out of the four we purchased was $28 a pound. So $15 a pound for decent cheese is nothing...

yangshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yangshi
JCamp4321 wrote:Smells like Fumunda cheese when you cut it...

How old are you, cracking such a classy joke?? This user should be put on probation...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Sadly I don't think so. This cheese was the extra surprise packed with my labratted Stuart Cab Franc. I got a slice of the Serena cheese. I'll be completely honest in that I didn't like the cheese at first bite. It was a bit tart for me. But after awhile the cheese really grew on me, especially with crackers. Like HAK above I can't really describe cheese but I remember thinking that it tasted a bit like Parmesan. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. Then I read the description a few minutes ago and there it was..."a hard cheese with some of the bite of Parmesan and some of the sweet nuttiness of Gruyere". What I thought of as tart was that bite they described. And the sweet nuttiness was definitely in the hizzy. $30 for 2 lbs of cheese is more than I'm comfortable spending plus way more than I can eat by myself, but this was pretty tasty.

TByrd & Sparky, I'll bring some with me tomorrow if you guys want to try the cheese after dinner (or even before). I doubt the restaurant will let me bring it inside so it would have to be a parking lot tasting.

Anyway, back from the Brazilian BBQ with Java & TB. Went back to TB's for some vino and cheez.

Cheez was very, very, very good. Much like parmesan. Yummy. Glad I got some.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Cybrokat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cybrokat

http://punditkitchen.com/2008/10/23/political-pictures-barack-obama-blessed-cheeze-makers/

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii

Lurk Lurk Lurk. It figures my first post would be on a cheese purchase rather than wine, but...

In for one. I was debating with myself since this offer was posted and finally convinced myself (after I thought about the regret I would feel not purchasing it, much like the blue last year) that $30 for 2 pounds of unique cheese is absolutely worth it. Now it is time to go back and re-balance my end of month finances to make room for it...

Oh, and Hi.

Ryoze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ryoze

Hm... I wonder. Since this is cheese... and not wine, does the 21 age-limit apply to this woot as well? I may not be able to drink legally yet, but I sure do enjoy some cheese.

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
fgarriel1 wrote:As someone who just bought 6 pounds of it, I accept your challenge.

You are going to be one plugged up dude....or dudette.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
alan10025 wrote:This sounds delicious and I'm ready to go in for one, but, instead of it being shipped ground, can I get, like, just two big pieces?

FTW!

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

ripitone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripitone

OK, Who cut's the cheese!?

Sorry too temptimg

hoop0040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoop0040

I'm a yuppie who uses a special knife to cut the cheese

LittleJohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleJohn

OK, now that I can haz cheez again.....I can't make my birthday code work for $0.02 shipping. Waiting on an email reply, and Ill be in for at least one.

HELP WOOT!!!! I NEED CHEEZ!

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder
alan10025 wrote:This sounds delicious and I'm ready to go in for one, but, instead of it being shipped ground, can I get, like, just two big pieces?

:rimshot:

Dude... wait, what?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cyborgdo11 wrote:I recently had the Serena and personally wasn't a fan. The cheese was a bit too dry and bitter for me.

We should've pulled out the balsamic for this. My god. This stuff and the balsamic vinegar from woot a little while ago - holy good. The balsamic adds the touch of moisture and sweetness to it that really makes the cheese shine.

Thought I had finished it off the other night, but I did actually have a small little bit left - enough to make me a yummy frittata and have a try with some balsamic. This stuff really behaves like parmesan, so if you like parmesan, you'll love this. If you don't... well, you probably won't like this either.

Frittata:
4-5 1/8" slices of Serena
3 eggs
1 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp salsa
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp dried chives
1 bell pepper (your pick of color!), diced
2 tsp oil (remember the infused oil? i used that)
pinch of salt

Heat a skillet over medium heat with the oil. When it thins out and spreads evenly (because it may not get to the smoke point), toss in the bell pepper and salt. When the bell pepper has begun to brown, drop in the salsa and stir.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. When the liquid from the salsa has bubbled off, pour the eggs into the skillet and spread to coat. Arrange the cheese slices around the top, and sprinkle the seasoning and chives over it all. Cover and let cook for approx. 5 minutes, or until the eggs have set and are cooked all the way through, and the cheese has melted.

Serve up with a glass of Gewurztraminer, or a yummy Mimosa.

Are you all hungry now?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

LittleJohn

cheron98 wrote:This stuff really behaves like parmesan, so if you like parmesan, you'll love this. If you don't... well, you probably won't like this either.

If thats the case, I will have to try snacking on it with some red grapes. Thats one of my fav fruit / cheese combos with Parmesan

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Merlynxlii wrote:Lurk Lurk Lurk. It figures my first post would be on a cheese purchase rather than wine, but...

In for one. I was debating with myself since this offer was posted and finally convinced myself (after I thought about the regret I would feel not purchasing it, much like the blue last year) that $30 for 2 pounds of unique cheese is absolutely worth it. Now it is time to go back and re-balance my end of month finances to make room for it...

Oh, and Hi.

Oh!

(just filling in, as you missed the last "Oh" on the end of your post).

CT | | | | | |

Mattazuma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mattazuma

Damn you Woot. Cannot pass up cheese... In for one.

Three Sisters Artisan Cheese
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 16.313s

Last wooter to woot: Mattazuma

CheeseWootaholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CheeseWootaholic

Last wooter to woot: CheeseWootaholic

that kind of says it all except that I got to use my Birthday code, and got 4 lbs shipped for $.02.....Oh yeah,,.......Ahhhhhhhhhh it's going to be good!

Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, 3 Sisters Artisan,BeeHive

LittleJohn

CheeseWootaholic wrote:First sucker: MaskedMarvel

Last wooter to woot: CheeseWootaholic

that kind of says it all except that I got to use my Birthday code, and got 4 lbs shipped for $.02.....Oh yeah,,.......Ahhhhhhhhhh it's going to be good!

OK, since Im having issues with getting my birthday code, can you tell me if the code you got in the newsletter (which I seem to have misplaced) looks like a generic code, or specific to your ID ????
Thanks! (Im still waiting for a reply email on my code, but thought Id ask)

Enjoy the cheese!!!!!

3Sisters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3Sisters
cyborgdo11 wrote:I recently had the Serena and personally wasn't a fan. The cheese was a bit too dry and bitter for me.

Well then you should try Serena's little sister " Serenita", its a younger version of our Serena with a completely different flavor profile. Its fruity and tangy and very creamy! I think you'd like it!

wcliff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wcliff

Illinois just got a little brighter - in for three by coercing others to join me, cuts the price down to $13.33 per pound. I hope we have some of the Woot Cellars Sangi left when this arrives.

Three Sisters Artisan Cheese
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: wcliff

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
3Sisters wrote:Well then you should try Serena's little sister " Serenita", its a younger version of our Serena with a completely different flavor profile. Its fruity and tangy and very creamy! I think you'd like it!

"Unfortunately" WD only sent us the serena for our tasting. Unlike NoVA who got both CLEARLY we know who the favorite children are around here

Not that I'm complaining since I got in on THAT action too... and am ALWAYS GRATEFUL for the samples that get sent our way for the tastings!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Merlynxlii wrote:Lurk Lurk Lurk. It figures my first post would be on a cheese purchase rather than wine, but...

Oh, and Hi.

Hello, and welcome.

lespaul5807

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lespaul5807

Like a poster above, my first wine.woot isn't wine either! I've been lurking for a while and have been tempted (by the oils and the brandini) but finally gave in for the cheese!
Having been lurking and reading up on the wines, I think I'm going to have to start going to some local wine education class before I actually take that plunge!
Now for my real question, how do you get the birthday coupon? I just had a birthday, but didn't get anything and looked in my account area for where it needs to be put and couldn't find any where to put it!
I also couldn't find the Wines of Spain that has the specifics on the cherry spread...any help there?
Thanks! I'm sure I'll keep on lurking!
Leslie

StevieSegel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StevieSegel
vbrtrmn wrote:The Boondocks was right, cheese IS the white man's crack.

snortz! :D

You're soooo right!

(of course, I'm in)

Stephanie
over 40 shirt.woots (and an apron), and I don't have a thing to wear...

derrickwhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derrickwhite

In for three.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr

I know it hasn't even finished selling yet but to the Serena people - any idea for a projected ship date? Thanks!

aerynea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerynea

Augh, this is killing me, I never buy a cheese without being able to taste it first what to do, what to DO!

9/08 SakeOne Saké Sampler Trio, 7/07 Mandolina Italian Quartet, 7/07 Vina Robles 2006 Roseum Rosé Quartet, 6/07 Bargetto Winery White Quartet, 10/08 Pedroncelli Quartet

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
LittleJohn wrote:OK, since Im having issues with getting my birthday code, can you tell me if the code you got in the newsletter (which I seem to have misplaced) looks like a generic code, or specific to your ID ????

Enjoy the cheese!!!!!

Info on the Woot Birthday Coupon. Info is in the initiating post by Jason Toon.

EDIT: The code isn't in the newsletter. You should rec'v an e-mail with the code included. Be sure to check your Spam folder to see if it got tangled in there.

aces219

quality posts: 6 Private Messages aces219
allawayr wrote:I know it hasn't even finished selling yet but to the Serena people - any idea for a projected ship date? Thanks!

That was my question, not how it ships.

LittleJohn

cjsiege wrote:Info on the Woot Birthday Coupon. Info is in the initiating post by Jason Toon.

EDIT: The code isn't in the newsletter. You should rec'v an e-mail with the code included. Be sure to check your Spam folder to see if it got tangled in there.

Thanks!
I read all that, sent the email, got a code back from the guys at wine country connect, but it didnt work. Theyre supposed to be getting back to me soon about it. I hope they do soon, as I plan on getting 2 of these now, but would hate to miss out on the lil perk they offer.

CheeseWootaholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CheeseWootaholic
LittleJohn wrote:OK, since Im having issues with getting my birthday code, can you tell me if the code you got in the newsletter (which I seem to have misplaced) looks like a generic code, or specific to your ID ????

Enjoy the cheese!!!!!

I'll pm you in a minute my shipping code....have to look it up

Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, 3 Sisters Artisan,BeeHive

lespaul5807

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lespaul5807

So if you didn't sign up for the newsletter when you opened your woot account you don't get the birthday code?

Awoken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Awoken

I was on the fence about getting two pounds of cheese for me and the wife but after seeing all the posts from 3Sisters I just had to go for it. Your excitement is infective keep at it!

In for one and I cant wait to taste it!