Volunteer Moderator

Three Sisters Artisan Cheese
$24.99 + $5 shipping
condition:
1lb
products:
1 1lb. SERENA
1 1lb. SERENITA

No CT links (unless someone can come up with CheeseTrackers)

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Cesare

quality posts: 1671 Private Messages Cesare

We had this at the nyc tasting last week and it was very good.
Edit: cheesery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

smijus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smijus

might be worth a try...

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater
Cesare wrote:We had this at the nyc tasting last week and it was very good.

How about some notes?

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

vbrtrmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbrtrmn

The Boondocks was right, cheese IS the white man's crack.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
damightyanteater wrote:How about some notes?

Someone put out a nice cherry spread type thing (if Krugsters wrote down what the jar was, please share) and I absolutely adored this cheese with a little bit of the cherry stuff on top of it.
I also had a few pieces of the cheese with the chorizo sausage that was also there. Was really good with that as well.

I kept going back for that cheese as I highly enjoyed it. Don't know what else to say about cheese, so I'll leave it at that.

Now to figure out if I can actually afford to buy some of it. I'll decide tomorrow and go to bed for now.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
damightyanteater wrote:How about some notes?

So description says pack of 20lb, we only get 1lb each of the cheese right?

sprock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprock

UM I LOVE CHEESE.

andyduncan

quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan
tiger7610 wrote:So description says pack of 20lb, we only get 1lb each of the cheese right?

Right, you're getting two one-pound slices off a 20lb wheel.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

csmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmorgan

I'm in for 1. I hope we get to labrat the cheese!

FirstWoot:BFG 5700LE 256MB OverclockedAGPVideoCard
FavoriteWoot:CuisinartGrindandBrewThermal 10-Cup CoffeeMaker
RazerMouseQty:6
Friends:Leakfrog,BlackWootCapeMonkey,Powersquid

jjboston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjboston

$25 for 2 lbs of cheese...........no thanks.

I am saving my money for the Banjo of Consternation!

Tenacubus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tenacubus
vbrtrmn wrote:The Boondocks was right, cheese IS the white man's crack.

I couldn't agree more. This cheese will help me forget how I missed the IHCF earlier today. Mmmmm... cheese.

ctmdk4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctmdk4

From the Three Sisters website:

"Serena"
Flavor: Intense nutty flavor with smooth tight texture
Food Pairing: Fruit, chutney, dry fruits, olives, cured meats (No citrus)
Wine Pairing : Fruity Whites and Dessert or Champagne
Cooking Tips: The intense nutty flavor will add zest and flair to any dish you grate or shred it on or in. Sprinkle on top of pizza, pasta, vegetables, salads or soups.
Home Storage: Unwrap, rub with oil and store in covered food storage container using a small amount of paper towel to control humidity. When mold begins to form, wipe it off and rub with oil again.

"Serenita"
Flavor: Sweet, savory with subtle herbal flavors and a buttery texture.
Food Pairing: Great with well-flavored foods, even softens hot peppers. Try with ripe fruits.
Wine Pairing: Fruity Whites and Dessert or Champagne
Cooking Tips: Try melting over chicken breasts or vegetables, crumble in a salad or slice for a heavenly sandwich.
Home Storage: Unwrap, rub with oil and store in covered food storage container using a small amount of paper towel to control humidity. When mold begins to form, wipe it off and rub with oil again.

antsyashley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antsyashley

Mouth watering... Drooling.... I.Love.Cheese!!!!!!!

thebabyhuey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebabyhuey

so what kind of cheese is it? artisan doesn't say much...

greenmonkey125

quality posts: 10 Private Messages greenmonkey125

cheeseeeeeeeee beautiful milky cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

looks awesome.

timarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timarm

Fancy schmancy website: http://www.threesisterscheese.com/

tarheel17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tarheel17

I'm tempted.
But how long will this last in the fridge? We don't eat cheese daily here. More like 3-4 times per week.

And I honestly don't remember the last time I spent $35 on cheese, so someone has to convince me this is amazing stuff...

Twisted Oak Tempranillo, Roessler Blue Jay, K Vintners, Corison Kronos (x3), Twisted Oak (x2), Substance, Corison, PoiZin, Lange (x2), Three Rivers

Jason91887

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jason91887

Hmm, I may have to be in for 1 later today.

ctmdk4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctmdk4

Follow-up:

"Serena"
The product of generations of California dairy family tradition, Serena turns all natural ingredients into a delicious flavorful treat. Made from rBST free jersey cows milk, it has a unique savory taste and has won several national and international awards. Use as a table cheese, grated into pasta, shredded on salads or pizza, or stirred into soups.

"Serenita"
A young creamy cheese made by not cooking the curd, similar in texture to a Beaufort, sweet and savory. A wonderful table cheese if served at room temperature. The natural rind allows subtle qualities in the raw milk to develop gracefully-a surprisingly flavorful well balanced young cheese. Great for slicing.

I hope this helps...I'm still on the fence.

3Sisters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3Sisters
Cesare wrote:We had this at the nyc tasting last week and it was very good.
Cheesy website (I don't think they have their own site)

Hello!

We do have a website:
www.threesisterscheese.com

Enjoy

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
csmorgan wrote:I'm in for 1. I hope we get to labrat the cheese!

Sadly I don't think so. This cheese was the extra surprise packed with my labratted Stuart Cab Franc. I got a slice of the Serena cheese. I'll be completely honest in that I didn't like the cheese at first bite. It was a bit tart for me. But after awhile the cheese really grew on me, especially with crackers. Like HAK above I can't really describe cheese but I remember thinking that it tasted a bit like Parmesan. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. Then I read the description a few minutes ago and there it was..."a hard cheese with some of the bite of Parmesan and some of the sweet nuttiness of Gruyere". What I thought of as tart was that bite they described. And the sweet nuttiness was definitely in the hizzy. $30 for 2 lbs of cheese is more than I'm comfortable spending plus way more than I can eat by myself, but this was pretty tasty.

TByrd & Sparky, I'll bring some with me tomorrow if you guys want to try the cheese after dinner (or even before). I doubt the restaurant will let me bring it inside so it would have to be a parking lot tasting.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

Mmmmmm...microbial coagulant...*drools*

I remember this cheese being on the harder side, almost like a Parmigiano-Reggiano, but much more mild. I agree with HAK, putting cherries or quince along with the cheese on top of a cracker was delicious.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I tried tasting the cheese with a splash of thatguy's amontillado at the same time, and the flavors that came out were spectacular.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

yeah cheese! Oh i'm excited

McCool009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages McCool009

Well, Three Sisters rings a bell and I am a cheese nut, so what the hell. Woot hasn't steered me wrong yet except for Cool Beans, but we all have different tastes so I let that go...

3Sisters

thebabyhuey wrote:so what kind of cheese is it? artisan doesn't say much...

We are a farmstead cheese company. We do not truck our milk in, we pump it straight from one of our milking cycles to make our cheese. Its made, cared for, and packaged all by hand...

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink

i wont pay this for 2 pounds of cheese... at first i was thinking i would get the whole wheel and THAT would be worth it but not for 2 pounds. im savign my money sorry guys. let me know if its THAT good

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321

Smells like Fumunda cheese when you cut it...

HAMMER TIME!!!

McCool009

3Sisters wrote:We are a farmstead cheese company. We do not truck our milk in, we pump it straight from one of our milking cycles to make our cheese. Its made, cared for, and packaged all by hand...

I think he meant like flavor-wise. It's stated that they are hard and semi-hard, but not much else is revealed.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
javadrinker wrote:Sadly I don't think so. This cheese was the extra surprise packed with my labratted Stuart Cab Franc. I got a slice of the Serena cheese. I'll be completely honest in that I didn't like the cheese at first bite. It was a bit tart for me. But after awhile the cheese really grew on me, especially with crackers. Like HAK above I can't really describe cheese but I remember thinking that it tasted a bit like Parmesan. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. Then I read the description a few minutes ago and there it was..."a hard cheese with some of the bite of Parmesan and some of the sweet nuttiness of Gruyere". What I thought of as tart was that bite they described. And the sweet nuttiness was definitely in the hizzy. $30 for 2 lbs of cheese is more than I'm comfortable spending plus way more than I can eat by myself, but this was pretty tasty.

TByrd & Sparky, I'll bring some with me tomorrow if you guys want to try the cheese after dinner (or even before). I doubt the restaurant will let me bring it inside so it would have to be a parking lot tasting.

YES!!

me luvs cheez

And in for 1!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

3Sisters

tarheel17 wrote:I'm tempted.
But how long will this last in the fridge? We don't eat cheese daily here. More like 3-4 times per week.

And I honestly don't remember the last time I spent $35 on cheese, so someone has to convince me this is amazing stuff...

Hello There!
Our cheese will last for months in the fridge if cared for properly. Since the cheese you are buying will be wrapped seperately, you can open one and leave the other, say for a Christmas Party. It will still be wonderful into New Years! Your biggest hurdle will be keeping the cheese from drying out. Our Serena is aged 12-18 months and is dry, but will hold up well. Wrap in a plastic wrap, do not put it in a Ziplock, so that it can breathe

We guarantee a shelf life of 6 months....

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

Well as much as my mouth is watering, I will have to resist buying this one. I really don't need to be eating 2 lbs of cheese like this on my own, not to mention the fact I really shouldn't spend the $30 to have it shipped. I really wish I could buy it though!

Nerd4Life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nerd4Life

This is not wine!!!???

Andrew Falkenburg

McCool009

Nerd4Life wrote:This is not wine!!!???

No offense, but these reactions are getting pretty old.

skipatrolkid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skipatrolkid

Crappy Cheese Comes From California... Would get if from Wisconsin...

Reminder to self... Stop buying random shirts... No seriously... Someone stop me... This is not going to end well...

equinoxide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equinoxide
Nerd4Life wrote:This is not wine!!!???

Shhh, no one has noticed

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori
jjboston wrote:
$25 for 2 lbs of cheese...........no thanks.

Yeah, really. I can buy like 50 pounds of Velveeta for $30. I'm sure it would be just as good.

Oh, wait. I actually have taste. The real question isn't if I'm going to be buying, but how much.

yumitori

quality posts: 22 Private Messages yumitori

Okay, serious question for 3 Sisters (I love the 'wheels of cows' picture on your website, by the way. Beats my grandpa's operation hands-down) -

I see these are raw milk cheeses. I find it difficult sometimes to find raw milk cheese due to the (excessive, in my opinion) health concerns. Have you had any problems from regulatory agencies regarding your cheeses because they are from raw milk?

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

isn't there a specific "type" of cheese this should be. I know it's their own variation.. but what style is it?

It kinda just looks like Parmesan to me.