SuperErin69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperErin69
soundmann18 wrote:my first wine.woot! I suppose I probably should have popped that cherry on some wine, but I love tapenade, and am more of a beer guy than wine, though I did almost buy last weeks, but 50 was too much for an impulse buy.

they should totally have beer.woot! i'd buy that!

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
Imagine4vr wrote:Happy Day! After a week, really a month from hell, and only minutes after my delivery of the KR Ports, I see the FedEx truck pull up right in front of my apartment. Of course, I'm on the phone with "work" and my doorbell rings. I know exactly why! Using the mute on my phone, and talking "quietly" to my work call, I sign for my FedEx package, motioning for him to be quiet as he's giving me dirty looks about my phone conversation. (For those who know what I do, this is makes it even funnier).

I am a Labrat for the trio of dips and spreads! Yummmy! I was a little hesitant about the artichoke lemon spread, I love artichoke, but I am not a fan of lemon in my food. So far it's the only jar I opened (it's not even noon here) and instantly smelled the garlic. Garlic I do like! I stirred it up a bit, and took a little taste, artichoke and garlic, a little oil and very lttle if any lemon taste at all. Oh this is going to be good on a chicken breast for dinner. I can still taste the garlic.

I'll report back later. I'll make a little pasta and use the red pepper and the artichoke on a chicken breast. And the olives I'll just sample later with some cream cheese and crackers.

Thank you Wine David!

Ended up with a couple friends over last night and opened all the dips for them. Served them with cream cheese, low salt ritz crackers and some garlic bread. (Just using what I had on hand).

First the artichoke lemon: I think this was the favorite among my 2 friends, it had a creamy texture, garlic and just a hit on lemon. They liked eating this right out of the jar with a spoon and it went really well on the garlic bread. I saved some and used it on a couple plain broiled chicken breasts; just put a spoonful on top of the chicken and broiled another minute. Yum! Served with red roasted taters. An easy quick meal that tastes like you spent hours.

Next the Mistress Green Olive Tapenade. I was prepared to LOVE this, I love green olives, I love tapenades, etc ... but to me, as Laura mentioned, it had a little bitterness to the taste. One of my friends said it had a "burnt" taste to it, and I could almost taste that too. It worked great with the cream cheese, seemed to mellow the flavors a bit.

Last but not least, my favorite, the red pepper spread. I'd buy jars and jars of this stuff. We all thought it was great on the garlic bread, good with the cream cheese and just by the spoonful. I made sure to save some and might toss the rest with some pasta later. I would use this on sandwiches, pizza, pasta, with veggies, meat, anything. My friends liked it almost as much as the artichoke lemon, and more than the olive.

Overall I think the quality is higher than what I buy in a grocery store; and while the price might be a little more than I would normally spend, I think this set is a good value for the quality. I am glad I have more coming, that's for sure!

Thank you again Wine David for this opportunity.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MaskedMarvel wrote:Just home from work. Labrattery to follow shortly. As always, my most humble thanks to WD and TPTB.

Seriously? Again? Already? Weren't you a rat like 2 weeks ago? For the toothstejnn? I smell something fishy.... I'll pack you guys later, I'm a little busy today getting ready for...

<shameless plug>
The Detroit Area Wine.Woot Tasting #3! TODAY! at 5pm! (see link in sig)
</shameless plug>

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
cheron98 wrote:Seriously? Again? Already? Weren't you a rat like 2 weeks ago? For the toothstejnn? I smell something fishy....

Trying to get Phish tickets right now, but my report is imminent. Anyone have extra Phish tickets? ARGH!

MaskedMarvel

Dear Roxy,
My boyfriend and i have been dating for about six years and he just won't pop the question. I've dropped hints, made comments under my breath, and even gotten his mother to call him. Nothing seems to work. Should I hit the road or wait it out?
- Impatient in Iowa

Dear Impatient,
Nothing's worse than a man who won't take charge. Sometimes we women need to put them in their place. Go grab yourself a jar of Woot's Mistress Olive Greene. The intensity of the flavours would make a FANTASTIC little tossed pasta dish. When he takes one bite, walk out the front door with it and don't look back. He won't be able to tell if the salty taste in his mouth is the red pepper hinted tapenade or his tears of loneliness. Expect a ring by Thursday.
- Roxy

Dear Roxy,
I read your column every week. You have to help me! The fire is GONE from my bed. My husband hardly looks at me before rolling over and snoring away. What can I do to make him want me again? I'm going crazy!
- Eager in Erie

Dear Eager,
If it's fire you need, and boy do you need those home fire to burn, it's Woot's Lieutenant Pepper you should have at the ready. The mildly spicy roasted red peppers, olives, capers, with a detectable hint of Chardonnay will not only set his senses alight but wanting more and more as the days go on. And it's all natural, so you can use it over and over without fear of overdosing or uncomfortable side effects. May be habit forming - and I hope it is!
- Roxy

Dear Roxy,
Here's one I bet you don't hear everyday. I need LESS women in my life. I'm too distracted, they're always calling and wanting to go out. It's IMPOSSIBLE to focus down on one girl when there are dozens on the calendar each week. I've tried quitting cold turkey, and my friends are starting to get annoyed at how I can't ever make a tee time because of some girl. What should I do? I'm thinking of moving...
- Adroit in Detroit

Dear Adroit,
I'm very familiar with this sort of issue, and it's more common than you think, so don't despair. There's a simple fix, though it may break your heart to do it, so know going in the sacrifice you are going to make. Have a huge party at your place with all of your friends, and serve Woot's Artichoker artichoke lemon spread. Easily the most popular spread for crackers or crostini, your friends will welcome the diversion your females pay to this amazing concoction. Then, when their faces are full of the lemony artichoky black-peppery deliciousness, you can single out that special girl and sneak out the back door with a jar for just the two of you. Good luck!
- Roxy

Have a relationship that needs some work and would like Roxy to help? Drop her a PM anytime....

MaskedMarvel

Reading over my report, i decided I needed to add a few thoughts.

First of all - I know I was just ratted. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth or anywhere else. WD and WF, thank you. I can't wait for the next one. Seriously awesome.

Second - my sister's father-in-law and I have this running joke that's been happening for years now. We love dip. we practically survive on dip. So we slip the work DIP into our conversations as much as possible. "I thought McCain should have been more DIP-lomatic in that last debate..."

Finally - I sampled these with a girl who is a fantastic cook and makes homemade tapenades all the time. We both agreed that they were cheaper, by weight, than lesser tapenades locally, and similarly priced to those she makes herself fresh. When we factor in the time, effort, cleanup, and X-Factor that comes from making your own, it was a no brainer for keeping a few jars of these in the fridge for whatever occasion came up. They're really, really good.

The olive tapenade is much better served with pasta. The flavours of this one are almost too intense for crackers.

The roasted red pepper goes great on crostini or a hint on a sandwich. It's the most oily, so I'd put it on fresh bread with a little cheese and a vine ripe slice, myself.

The artichoke is the one that's already gone. Dip, you see, lives a short but fulfilling life in my home. Creamy without being overly blended, it's simply perfect for me sitting in front of the computer to munch on while not getting Phish tickets. My only regret is I didn't save a bit to heat up and compare to a hot artichoke dip I love that she makes.

And once again - let me know if you have anyone you know with extra Phish tickets. Thanks

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

cheron98 wrote:Well, I don't know how long they're SUPPOSED to last, but I was still enjoying mine at least a month after we had them opened. The only reason they didn't last longer was because I ate 'em. And yes, refrigerate after opening.

Re-tasting tonight from the fridge. The Roasted Red Pepper is (as expected) much better integrated at fridge temp.

Artichoke & Pepper were actually better at fridge temp, Olive was about the same with the bitter finish possibly being more pronounced when cold. Trying to decide between going in for 1 set or 2 sets. Serving the remainders of my rat's nest to my folks & their friends tomorrow.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

LBISurfer2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LBISurfer2
MaskedMarvel wrote:Trying to get Phish tickets right now, but my report is imminent. Anyone have extra Phish tickets? ARGH!

Got two to each show this morning. Im a crew chief of my archaeological crew and called everyone last night to tell them we weren't starting until I got tickets.
Unfortunately they are all taken, but do not fear! You will find tickets. Hopefully it's better than coventry.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

What do you guys think...shouldn't this be $14.99 on the next Woot-Off?

grassbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grassbass

ugh. dont have all night to read all of the posts. oh wait yes i do! but it doesnt mean that i will...

has anyone recieved these yet, they look great but how is the taste??

grassbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grassbass
grassbass wrote:ugh. dont have all night to read all of the posts. oh wait yes i do! but it doesnt mean that i will...

has anyone recieved these yet, they look great but how is the taste??

nevermind...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MaskedMarvel wrote:And once again - let me know if you have anyone you know with extra Phish tickets. Thanks

Well, that absolutely explains why you survive on dip now doesn't it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
SuperErin69 wrote:they should totally have beer.woot! i'd buy that!

I'm thinking we need some Wine.Woot filters of our own .....

find it cheaper = I challenge you to a battle of wits.

beer.woot! = Oh! The sot has spoken!

totally = Anybody want a peanut?

Too Expensive = There's a Spaniard giving us some trouble.

WD, any clues for us? Please? Pretty Please with tapenade?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm thinking we need some Wine.Woot filters of our own .....

find it cheaper = I challenge you to a battle of wits.

beer.woot! = Oh! The sot has spoken!

totally = Anybody want a peanut?

Too Expensive = There's a Spaniard giving us some trouble.

WD, any clues for us? Please? Pretty Please with tapenade?

and what would begging for labrattage be?

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

Is this 10 oz fluid or weight?

MarkDaSpark

Krugsters wrote:and what would begging for labrattage be?

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ken1645

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ken1645

this dip has been for sale here for a while... i guess it changes on Monday now? i thought it was a new wine every week, new week = sunday ???

woot woot

MaskedMarvel

bhodilee wrote:Well, that absolutely explains why you survive on dip now doesn't it

My mistake... Around here I should have spelled it PhiSh!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ken1645 wrote:this dip has been for sale here for a while... i guess it changes on Monday now? i thought it was a new wine every week, new week = sunday ???

Yeah. But now, it's double the pleasure, double the fun. New offering Every Thursday and every Sunday. We came up with a few slogans for it but I don't remember them.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

ken1645 wrote:this dip has been for sale here for a while... i guess it changes on Monday now? i thought it was a new wine every week, new week = sunday ???

Wine.Woot changes every Monday/Thursday at 12 AM Central Time. So 1 AM ET, 11 PM MT, and 10 PM PT.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

We're poised for some clues for tonight, WD !

With big holidays coming up, I hope there will be some wine.woot offerings in the coming weeks that will address three needs:

1. wines particularly well suited to holiday meals, particularly Turkey and such;

2. wines for parties--flavorful, perhaps on the less expensive side; and

3. SPARKLERS ! While I drink these all year, nothing adds to the holidays like sparkling wine. (And, yes, nothing makes an ordinary non-holiday evening seem a bit like a holiday celebration than something bubbly and delicious.)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

Clue please!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf

Maybe a Woot Inzinerator 4-Pack??
;)

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Loweeel wrote:Clue please!

Favorite all time actor.

wyonel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyonel
Winedavid39 wrote:Favorite all time actor.

yours or mine?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

smartheart wrote:We're poised for some clues for tonight, WD !

With big holidays coming up, I hope there will be some wine.woot offerings in the coming weeks that will address three needs:

1. wines particularly well suited to holiday meals, particularly Turkey and such;

2. wines for parties--flavorful, perhaps on the less expensive side; and

3. SPARKLERS ! While I drink these all year, nothing adds to the holidays like sparkling wine. (And, yes, nothing makes an ordinary non-holiday evening seem a bit like a holiday celebration than something bubbly and delicious.)

Noted.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Back to the dip for a moment

I mixed the artichoke stuff up with pasta and some left over chicken for a take to work lunch. OH so very good.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Anybody own the WineDavid biography? Can we look this trivia question up on wikipedia? Do we have anything?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

Robert Young or Raymond Burr or Kirk(land ranch) Douglas?

michaelstencel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelstencel

Gary (Will) Farrell?

hhbender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hhbender

Paul Newman

Newman's own?

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

um, fess parker? we've had their wines at least twice before. certainly the parker station did not do *that* well in the reviews, though i think the other one did better.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000

or maybe something related to the copolla line? i know they direct, but still...

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Coppolla is a good guess actually... Francis Ford Coppolla's nephew Nikolai Copola acts under the Name of Nicholas Cage... so there is a direct link....

MarkDaSpark

Something related to Robert DeNiro?

Godfather, Taxi Driver, etc.?

Although didn't Coppola direct Godfather?

So maybe a Coppola trio?

yermej

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yermej

Alec Baldwin?

I wouldn't mind have some Donaghy Estates sparkling wine around for the holidays.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Jimmy Stewart

Stewart Cellars

Cab and Pinot - kinda expensive - not sure they're big enough to support a woot

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

berrda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berrda

I don't know _anything_ about PB, but see you guys quoting it all the time here. Is there any connection there?

bhodilee

Newmans own wine?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

hhbender wrote:Paul Newman

Newman's own?

doh, beaten to the p unch