trwagner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trwagner

We almost forgot to thank WD. Thanks, WD!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

aces & trwagner - you've been packed

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

Where are all of the other rats? I mean, we're missing 5 right!?

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bkarney wrote:Where are all of the other rats? I mean, we're missing 5 right!?

Maybe just one. It's not a guaranteed "2 rats per unique bottle" anymore - it's more often than not (except the toothstejnn) been just one rat per bottle since moving to the twice-a-week format. But yeah, someone out there definitely has a Merlot waiting for them.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
trwagner wrote:So we also made the grade this week and became lucky rats. We received the Cab this afternoon and quickly put it in our wine fridge to cool it down from the 100 degree weather here in So Cal! We opened the bottle tonight and can honestly say it was excellent (and not just because it was free ;-)). It's a nice, light cab with very few tannins. It almost reminded us of a Cabernet Franc. It has hints of blackberry and a little tobacco. It was very drinkable now and don't know that we would cellar it for long. The labels are very cool, but the wine is also great and it's certainly a good woot buy! Glad we ordered two, but maybe we should have made it three...

nice report! can't believe its ~100 in socal. it was nearly freezing (37) here in nannychusetts last night.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

WF, pm for you.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

sweetypuss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetypuss

Last wooter to woot: sweetypuss

I really can't afford this right now, since we are buying a new house, but I am always game for a home-state winery. I'll take 3.

Besides, hubby promised me a nice wine fridge when we moved in, so I have to be able to stock it, right?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
darlenee1 wrote:WF, pm for you.

Thanks!

rx8doc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rx8doc

Ok why is Merlot (Me)
and Riesling (Re) not (Ri)?

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Any merlot or chard rats out there? I'm still on the fence here after reading the cab and riesling reports.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
artulo wrote:Any merlot or chard rats out there? I'm still on the fence here after reading the cab and riesling reports.

Sounds like Kothoga has the Chard and will be posting later tonight. Like Cheron said, there should be a Merlot floating around out there somewhere....

CT

dnasquesttoblack3000

has anyone's tootstains been shipped yet? i'm jonesing for mine

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

rbwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbwoot
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:has anyone's tootstains been shipped yet? i'm jonesing for mine

My order is due to arrive tomorrow (WV), along with 3 other wine.woot orders. Poor UPS person, lucky me.

wootvirgin69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootvirgin69
rbwoot wrote:My order is due to arrive tomorrow (WV), along with 3 other wine.woot orders. Poor UPS person, lucky me.

Yeah, I just got a voice message to my cell phone that mine are due in VA tomorrow (at an undisclosed time, of course). Woo Hoo!!

dnasquesttoblack3000

wootvirgin69 wrote:Yeah, I just got a voice message to my cell phone that mine are due in VA tomorrow (at an undisclosed time, of course). Woo Hoo!!

yeah...i'm so used to living in az, i never bothered to check. now that i can get them at a normal time thanks to loonlegging, i'm getting impatient!

i just realized i can check the 'my account' tab...yep...there it is! coming in tomorrow! woot!

the quest:

wyonel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyonel
dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:has anyone's tootstains been shipped yet? i'm jonesing for mine

Eastern Wyoming delivery tomorrow (10-9). Can't wait!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Tracking says mine are to be delivered Friday here in WI.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
artulo wrote:Tracking says mine are to be delivered Friday here in WI.

Friday in Austin, TX.

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

thrawn1020

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thrawn1020
artulo wrote:Tracking says mine are to be delivered Friday here in WI.

Same here in Central IL.

Clues for tonight?

Not too many to count, but dang. This place has a way of building a cellar for you.

Kothoga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kothoga
bkarney wrote:Sounds like Kothoga has the Chard and will be posting later tonight. Like Cheron said, there should be a Merlot floating around out there somewhere....

That's correct.

Popped the cork about 30 minutes ago. Right off the bat the Chard has a pleasant toasted pear aroma. Very light to the nose.

The wife and I just had our first glass while I was prepping the piccata. So far it has a crisp, light fruit beginning followed with a pleasant dry wang of an ending. A tad bit acidity, not buttery nor creamy and not much oak thus far. This one is going to need some time to breath before it opens up completely.

The chicken should be out in 20 minutes and I'll post how it pairs with a good Italian dish. So far, I think this is going to be an excellent Chard for people who aren't big on fruity or buttery wines.

EDIT:
Finishing notes:
The wine really opened up after breathing. It's lost that wangy finish and smoothed out a bit. I'd classify it as a decent table wine. It's not something that I'd rush out for, I have enough favorite Chards for that, but it would be a do again. Paired perfectly with our light and fresh meal. As a couple that truly enjoys trying new wines that aren't locally available, we were pleased with this one and look forward to enjoying the complete four pack.

hld1970

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hld1970

Any hints yet for tonight?

kyle83uw

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kyle83uw
mstang1988 wrote:Friday in Austin, TX.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow (seattle)...but I wont be here...
I work from home, and tomorrow is the first time in at least 2-3 months I'm actually going in to the office for the day...really bad luck.

mstang1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstang1988
kyle83uw wrote:Mine is being delivered tomorrow (seattle)...but I wont be here...
I work from home, and tomorrow is the first time in at least 2-3 months I'm actually going in to the office for the day...really bad luck.

Terrible luck! I'm working from home on Friday, the first time in 2-3 weeks.

Ty Caton - Cab, Goosecross Orange Muscat/Chenin Blanc, Gun Bun - Merlot, mix, pinot noir, Kent Ras. Pinot Noir, Titus Cab, Ty Caton - Fields, GunBun - Block 13 Cab, Woot Cellars - Toothstain (sp), Chase - Red Zin, LV - Cab

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

Cl U Es?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
hld1970 wrote:Any hints yet for tonight?

if he were Herb Tarlic or Less Nessman, it would Be WKRP in Napa.

WD

afranke

winefarm wrote:if he were Herb Tarlic or Less Nessman, it would Be WKRP in Napa.

WD

Radio-Coteau?

Or Goosecross Cellars, host of Napa Valley Wine Radio. (and is actually in Napa, unlike Radio-Coteau)

Cesare

quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare
afranke wrote:Radio-Coteau?

Good guess! But it can't be that easy can it.
Oh I see your edit now. Yeah that's a better guess.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

afranke

I hope it's Goosecross. This looks like something I need to buy by the baker's dozen and use to make women swoon.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
afranke wrote:I hope it's Goosecross. This looks like something I need to buy by the baker's dozen and use to make women swoon.

Me too. From their website:
Winemaker Geoff Gorsuch (pronounced Jeff) crafts every wine with our customer's preferences in mind.

This starts in the vineyard with sustainable farming practices without pesticides, and ends in the bottle with wines that reflect true varietal character.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
afranke wrote:I hope it's Goosecross. This looks like something I need to buy by the baker's dozen and use to make women swoon.

That bottle is BRILLIANT!!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

As much as I want to try these Washington wines, I have to pass. Already have too much wine and not enough cash. Next time I am out in the PNW, I'll look for the merlot... definitely want to sample that.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
winefarm wrote:if he were Herb Tarlic or Less Nessman, it would Be WKRP in Napa.

WD

OK. Um. OK...

Could somebody explain the connection between the hint and the offering? I'm not seeing it.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Cesare

quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare
JOATMON wrote:OK. Um. OK...

Could somebody explain the connection between the hint and the offering? I'm not seeing it.

Because of the KR in WKRP.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

merelunacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merelunacy

Nooo! how could I have missed this! Is there any way of a possible return of this set???

philpotpie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philpotpie
rx8doc wrote:Ok why is Merlot (Me)
and Riesling (Re) not (Ri)?

Better yet, why aren't they abbreviating the Latin root words for Merlot and Riesling?