leebabysims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leebabysims
speedoo wrote:Great, Jamie. Good to meet you.

Mid harvest so I'm out, I'll catch up tomorrow in the am...cheers

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
leebabysims wrote:Mid harvest so I'm out, I'll catch up tomorrow in the am...cheers

Lee, I noticed to my disappointment that PETITE SIRAH, the very best grape of them all, is missing from your Washington State periodic table.... and I know for a fact that they grow it out there (at least Masset does). Can you please correct this sad oversight before I need to use my PSith powers or go PSycho over its glaring omission? ;)

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Last Post

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

So is there any substance to this offer? How good is this deal?

Click the link above for deal info, CT links and pricing info, and more.

CT | | | | | |

Kothoga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kothoga

Ahhh! The geek in me is forcing an order. In for one.

Labrat please? ;-)

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
Kothoga wrote:Ahhh! The geek in me is forcing an order. In for one.

Labrat please? ;-)

amen to the labrat plea- Washington State wines are a real favorite of mine! In for two.

Tenacubus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tenacubus
Loweeel wrote:So appealing to the scigeek in me.

The scigeek in me forced my hand. Glad he did. Finally my first wine.woot purchase after all the lurking.

slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

Question: I noticed on Substance's website that they ship to some states (like Alaska, Hawaii, and Georgia) that woot doesn't ship to, is that because they are the actual winery and not a reseller...? I apologize if this question has been asked before. I'm just curious. (Plus I didn't see the answer in the FAQs.)

Thanks!

P.S. - They also don't ship to ones that woot ships to like South Carolina, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

leebabysims

slightlyslapdash wrote:Question: I noticed on Substance's website that they ship to some states (like Alaska, Hawaii, and Georgia) that woot doesn't ship to, is that because they are the actual winery and not a reseller...? I apologize if this question has been asked before. I'm just curious. (Plus I didn't see the answer in the FAQs.)

Thanks!

P.S. - They also don't ship to ones that woot ships to like South Carolina, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

We are an actual winery and we try to keep up with shipping compliant laws but they change regularly and it's difficult to know when a law changes in a state that might allow us to ship there so we stay on the xonservative side and I'm sure Woot does the same. Sometimes it also requires a out of state shipping license that can be expensive and doesnt justify our cost if we're not actually sending much wine there, whereas Woot has multiple wine promotions with thousands of sales and can justify that expense in a state like Wyoming. I hope that helps - Jamie

leebabysims

Loweeel wrote:Lee, I noticed to my disappointment that PETITE SIRAH, the very best grape of them all, is missing from your Washington State periodic table.... and I know for a fact that they grow it out there (at least Masset does). Can you please correct this sad oversight before I need to use my PSith powers or go PSycho over its glaring omission? ;)

We're working on it. We put all commercially grown varietals on our wine periodic table that we could find out of Washington State, but that doesn't mean we've found an actual seller. In time, with some brand success, if we cant find it, we'll just plant it ourselves. One thing we don't want to do is make it from the wrong site just to make it, so we'll keep that in mind as we continue to look for fruit sources for non traditional varitels. We have some other wines that will be up on the website soon for purchase including a Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Counoise and they'll be offered to purchasers of this 4 pack at a Woot discount!

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

I think I'll pass on this one - $15/bottle for unknown wines (to me at least), relatively higher pH than I'd like to see, 17% discount off retail (but $5 vs. $21 shipping), in the middle of a financial crisis.... meh. Just had the Saxon Brown 2001 Zin this weekend, which was hot (15%) and left us cold. (Their rose was close to undrinkable, easily the least enjoyable woot wine I've had...) Unfair to this offering perhaps, but I'm keeping my $$ dry for now.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

kb4less

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kb4less

Alas... GA is omitted from the shipping list

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
leebabysims wrote:
We have some other wines that will be up on the website soon for purchase including a Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Counoise and they'll be offered to purchasers of this 4 pack at a Woot discount!

squeaks321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squeaks321

Hi, sorry this post doesn't have anything to do with this week's offering. I've been trying to post to the "OHIO tryin' again" forum for the last week and can't, and haven't received a single response from support. If anyone sees this and can repost over there, that would be great!

Visible voice is a go, confirmed with the owners. They don't have food, but I'm sure we could bring some things in. We should probably buy a few bottles from them since they have offered to host. We also need to nail down the time, and let them know. I'm looking forward to this!

Andimia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andimia

I'd pull the trigger if there wasn't chardonnay in the bundle. Replace that with Pinot Grigo and the merlot with a red zin and this would be an awesome package.

Loweeel

leebabysims wrote:We're working on it. We put all commercially grown varietals on our wine periodic table that we could find out of Washington State, but that doesn't mean we've found an actual seller. In time, with some brand success, if we cant find it, we'll just plant it ourselves. One thing we don't want to do is make it from the wrong site just to make it, so we'll keep that in mind as we continue to look for fruit sources for non traditional varitels. We have some other wines that will be up on the website soon for purchase including a Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Counoise and they'll be offered to purchasers of this 4 pack at a Woot discount!

Jo Diaz's article on Masset and PS

According to CellarTracker, these producers make/made PS in Washington State as well: Animale, Arbor Crest, Cascade Cliffs, Martin-Scott, Masset, Northwest Cellars, Portteus, and Thurston Wolfe. Masset, Portteus, and Turston Wolfe appear to be the ones who produce it regularly.

Always happy to help when it comes to PS!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Loweeel

Andimia wrote:I'd pull the trigger if there wasn't chardonnay in the bundle. Replace that with Pinot Grigo and the merlot with a red zin and this would be an awesome package.

I agree with you about the Chard, but Washington Merlot is not the stuff you're used to from Cali. It's old school, much more old-world, and pretty frakking awesome.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Pass for now unless I start hearing those voices in my head telling me to buy. Have to tighten up the the wallet and get real picky on my choices. Nothing against this woot. Have twelve bottles in the pipeline, some arriving today to add to the already 50+

leebabysims

Andimia wrote:I'd pull the trigger if there wasn't chardonnay in the bundle. Replace that with Pinot Grigo and the merlot with a red zin and this would be an awesome package.

The Pinot Gris was a hit and was sold out fast or we would have. The Chardonay has a lighter touch with good acidity, and was moved from oak to stainless in April so its not overbearing...

leebabysims

Loweeel wrote:Jo Diaz's article on Masset and PS

According to CellarTracker, these producers make/made PS in Washington State as well: Animale, Arbor Crest, Cascade Cliffs, Martin-Scott, Masset, Northwest Cellars, Portteus, and Thurston Wolfe. Masset, Portteus, and Turston Wolfe appear to be the ones who produce it regularly.

The best I've had in the state so far is from a smaller family owned producer just down from Mary Hill Winery on the Columbia Gorge called Cascade Cliffs, but Bob only has a couple of acres planted and wasn't willing to give any up. Cant say I blame him, it's a good wine.

Always happy to help when it comes to PS!

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

In for one (before labrat deadline), very excited about this. We have gotten very into WA wine since moving here a few years ago. Haven't made it out to Walla Walla yet but it is definitely on the list!

I feel your pain regarding the Mariners, Jamie. We had weekend season tix this year for the first time and it was PAINFUL. And we're Cubs fans...so I'll be over here drowning in my wine.

Those of you asking for pinot gris and zin...I don't really think of those when I think of Washington wine. There is some zin but it is just enh, ditto the PS.

aces219

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219
Loweeel wrote:I agree with you about the Chard, but Washington Merlot is not the stuff you're used to from Cali. It's old school, much more old-world, and pretty frakking awesome.

Most of it, anyway. If you buy cheap Washington merlot you can definitely find cherry kool-aid swill. But I don't think that's what this is.

leebabysims

Yep, rough times for NW sports. Sonics gone, Mariners, Seahawks, UW, WSU all stink. Scary thing when the shining light is WSU basketball...Drowning in wine isn't so bad though.

Loweeel

leebabysims wrote:Yep, rough times for NW sports. Sonics gone, Mariners, Seahawks, UW, WSU all stink. Scary thing when the shining light is WSU basketball...Drowning in wine isn't so bad though.

Yeah, the seahawks were abysmal yesterday. GO GIANTS! :-D

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac

That is one trippy site.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
KryseeMac wrote:That is one trippy site.

Thanks! We've been lacing all our packages with DMSO and LSD to improve that effect.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

KryseeMac

cooneym11 wrote:A few interesting reads:
http://www.seattlemag.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=3E1DA341B2834604B64A1EB3BA74CCFB&tier=4&id=FEF773AE5DCB44B3ADB337C7380B9CAB&AudID=42BFF54AF0444B8F92E1C3E1A324650E

http://www.winemag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=15F012DA2DA148009BA21FADBAAE569B

Paul Gregutt is the wine writer for the Seattle Times and has a great book called Washington Wines and Wineries. Worth checking out if you are interested in learning a lot about whats going on in the Washington wine world.

I will have to go and look the book up. I live in Vancouver, Washington (right across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon) and yes......we do offer some very nice wines here.

BenRain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages BenRain

Even though it's been said before, awesome labels on the bottles.

Now, if they only shipped to my state, then again, I'd have to wait a year to order anyway!

KryseeMac

Gatzby wrote:Thanks! We've been lacing all our packages with DMSO and LSD to improve that effect.

I have bookmarked the site.

sherrileg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherrileg

Georgia didn't make the cut for this one. It's just as well. I have a Woot Cellars shipment due in on the 9th that should sustain the woot loot for a bit!

You won't wake up. You're not dreaming. This is all real.

zimmermb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zimmermb

Jamie, for those of us in Walla Walla can we just come pick it up at this price? I'm in if that's the case... no need to waste extra packaging or shipping. ~Matt

leebabysims

Hi Matt,

The wines are already at WOOT so they have to be shipped...sorry

brianfitz360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianfitz360

I enjoy Washington wines and these labels are fun... why not?

Rise and fire!

winstead121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winstead121

ugh 106 days until I can get in for 3

ickeroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ickeroo

I don't even care about the wine ... I just want those bottles!

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
Corrado wrote:...it will be...

can i drive up to vt for the labrattage??!!! just kidding .i would love to, but i'm guessing its pretty far from boston since even brattleboro's like 3-4 hours.

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

dnasquesttoblack3000 wrote:can i drive up to vt for the labrattage??!!! just kidding .i would love to, but i'm guessing its pretty far from boston since even brattleboro's like 3-4 hours.

Brattleboro's gotta be closer to 2 than 4. Beantown's about 4h from here if you travel against commuter traffic.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
Corrado wrote:Brattleboro's gotta be closer to 2 than 4. Beantown's about 4h from here if you travel against commuter traffic.

the only times ive been were in the midst of summertime weekender traffic. which, to be honest, i've never experienced before. being from warm states, we get a full year of weekends....no need to rush out and take advantage of them in the summer. rather, the summer's the time to hide inside, or in the water so silly in the north...

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

jamiriquai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamiriquai
KryseeMac wrote:I have bookmarked the site.

Thanks for the comments on the site, we are constantly adding educational content as time goes on - so you can learn about the different varietals that are grown and produced in Washington, while you are enjoying them. In the coming months we will be releasing an on-line wine tasting section that was written by Greg Harrington, MS. It too will include a bunch of Flash based elements to make the experience more memorable.

KryseeMac

jamiriquai wrote:Thanks for the comments on the site, we are constantly adding educational content as time goes on - so you can learn about the different varietals that are grown and produced in Washington, while you are enjoying them. In the coming months we will be releasing an on-line wine tasting section that was written by Greg Harrington, MS. It too will include a bunch of Flash based elements to make the experience more memorable.

Since I am just learning about wines I really appreciate that you have listed what each tastes like etc. I like the printable 'Tasting Notes' that also lists what foods would go with them. That helps a lot. When I get over what I paid for all the Woot=Off stuff I just bought I would like to look into your Ch. I seem to be on a white wine hunt the last few years.

I can't wait to see your new on-line wine tasting section.