coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
someguy184 wrote:Screw the diet. This stuff looks too good. I've been staring at the page for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to order it or not, then I realized I was drooling a bit. Of course, I haven't eaten today, and one is never supposed to shop on an empty stomach, but I justified the purchase with the idea I'll give away some of the order of 3 as Christmas presents. Or I'll just get extra fat and happy eating ninety bucks worth of toffee.

Good luck with holding on to any of this toffee until Christmas. I suggest you wrap and deliver it immediately (with "Do not open until December 25" warnings, of course). Otherwise, as soon as you finish the portion you've alloted to yourself, you'll be sneaking "just one piece" on a regular basis. The people who say this is like crack? They're right (though I of course have no direct experience with crack to compare it to - you get the idea). This is the best toffee I've ever had.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

All right. Let the holiday fattening begin.

In for 3. It's been a costly week @ wine.woot. Please have a Chardonnay trio up this weekend!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

I also received these yesterday afternoon, and can definitely attest to their deliciousness. The toffee flavor is fantastic. Dark chocolate on the top stuck pretty well to the toffee, although some did come off and had melted to some of the other pieces. This did not affect the quality of the product in any negative way. For me, though, the best part about this particular toffee is the texture. It's crisp and light, not too hard or stick-to-your-teeth chewy. Wonderful stuff!

Thanks WD and Brandini for all the treats this week!

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
Corrado wrote:All right. Let the holiday fattening begin.

In for 3. It's been a costly week @ wine.woot. Please have a Chardonnay trio up this weekend!

no, having a chard trio up would be very bad for my finances, let alone my wine cooler.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

lmullane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmullane

I know the mother of Leah - one of the makers of this toffee. I've had this toffee. It's AMAZING stuff!!!!!! It is like nothing else I've ever had!!!!!!!!! Soooo surprised to find them on woot!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Leah!!!!

DeliriumTremens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeliriumTremens

I'm in for 3. Couldn't resist a good toffee. And the reviews seem glowing.
Hopefully my parents will appreciate the generosity when I share some with them.

109 woots and counting...

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
someguy184 wrote:Screw the diet. This stuff looks too good. I've been staring at the page for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to order it or not, then I realized I was drooling a bit. Of course, I haven't eaten today, and one is never supposed to shop on an empty stomach, but I justified the purchase with the idea I'll give away some of the order of 3 as Christmas presents. Or I'll just get extra fat and happy eating ninety bucks worth of toffee.

Pavlov would be proud... did I just hear a bell?

CT

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

JOATMON wrote:So, I ask again; any chance for a non-chocolate offering? I can't consume caffeine...

What's to stop you from separating the chocolate topping from the toffee base? I'm sure you could find someone to chow down on the yummy chocolate remains!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

filteauf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filteauf

Been indecisive between 1 and 3 all morning, finally broke down. I have too much regret for not getting 6 of the gourmet kitchen oils and 3 of the balsamic offering, and completely missing some of the cheese offerings from back in the winter. From the sounds of it I won't be let down with the quality here.

mlhelm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mlhelm

I have a question for the Brandini folks or one of the lucky 'rats. For the 1-pound box, is it a single, 1-pound piece of toffee, or is it in smaller pieces that just aren't as small as the bites? I'm just wondering about how messy and/or difficult to eat the big slab might be. Thanks!

more than enough wine.woots!

RedArmyInfantry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedArmyInfantry

Do the normal wine.woot rules apply? Meaning...do I have to be 21 just to buy chocolate? >_<

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
RedArmyInfantry wrote:Do the normal wine.woot rules apply? Meaning...do I have to be 21 just to buy chocolate? >_<

no, open to all

CT

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
mlhelm wrote:I have a question for the Brandini folks or one of the lucky 'rats. For the 1-pound box, is it a single, 1-pound piece of toffee, or is it in smaller pieces that just aren't as small as the bites? I'm just wondering about how messy and/or difficult to eat the big slab might be. Thanks!

It's not a single slab. It's broken into pieces. Normally along the lines of 1-inch square - altho' not really square. You can always use a knife and break it smaller.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

Andimia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andimia

I have a weakness for toffee...
DAMN YOU WOOT!!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

And now for some unauthorized labratting:

I had some of this toffee when it was a side deal a while back.

I just want to come in here and say that this stuff is pretty damn good. It is pretty sweet and I have a huge sweet tooth - so that hit the spot. My GF found the toffee alone too sweet, but she loves dark chocolate so the balance was there for her. I enjoyed it as is and some pieces I melted the chocolate off and just ate the toffee alone for a little extra sweetness.

I also highly recommend putting the smaller pieces in a cup of hot chocolate or coffee in lieu of sugar as you will get a good bit of sweet and a very uniquely gourmet flavor.

Gotta wait for the girl to come home to decide if we want 1 or 2 orders of this.

Good stuff.

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
mlhelm wrote:I have a question for the Brandini folks or one of the lucky 'rats. For the 1-pound box, is it a single, 1-pound piece of toffee, or is it in smaller pieces that just aren't as small as the bites? I'm just wondering about how messy and/or difficult to eat the big slab might be. Thanks!

I didn't get the 1lb box. Just the 1/2 lb tin of bites. However, the bites I had even though crunchier than yesterday are still quite pliable and can easily broken into smaller pieces

StevieSegel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StevieSegel

oooh....so NOT on my diet plan

Stephanie
over 40 shirt.woots (and an apron), and I don't have a thing to wear...

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

I have somehow been able to avoid wine.woot for a while now. I guess ultimately, I have my brother to blame as it's him that has been getting me more and more into wines. Slowly but surely, I've watched the different wines come and go, not knowing enough about them to take a stab at one. Monday that all changed, as I snagged up some of the Tøøthstejnn before it sold out. Now, here I sit, clicking the damned button again... wine.woot strikes again... sigh...

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

angelrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelrn
auggie24 wrote:what kind of ice cream do the toffee bits complement the best?

The frozen kind. Any flavor of the frozen ice cream can be improved with toffee bits. Possibly even melted ice cream... Just think about throwing them into a milk shake...

Angel*Fish

Toffeeking

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Toffeeking
cheron98 wrote:Wow, I actually guessed RIGHT for once...

I read your guess last night on the Toothstejnn blog and was wondering what kind of super human powers you have.

cmerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmerrick

Just want to make sure before I buy . . . the chocolate is MILK chocolate, not DARK, right???

idlorj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idlorj

What is the best way to freeze the toffee so that it will last until Christmas time?

Toffeeking

Corrado wrote:All right. Let the holiday fattening begin.

Thanks Corrado for your continued support. Looks like your can take care of several people on your holiday list and have a little left for yourself

Toffeeking

polarbear22 wrote:Product description is wrong. It is 'Bites", not "Bits".

I'd have thought our two candymakers would have been all over that. More likely, they were trying to study for that Bio exam while posting. They are on Wine.Woot, they should get a school holiday and an automatic "A" on the test. They are busy doing their best for America in recharging the economy.

Well the kids are off to school, but will be back later this afternoon. They both have been very busy with this toffee business and trying to get enough product made to keep up the the woot world. I think they have already bought in the your concept of the automatic A theory, but believe me their teachers and parents have not.

brandinidad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandinidad
cmerrick wrote:Just want to make sure before I buy . . . the chocolate is MILK chocolate, not DARK, right???

Dark Chocolate. It's a french vanilla blend with 61% cacao. It's sweet, not bitter. You'll love it!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
idlorj wrote:What is the best way to freeze the toffee so that it will last until Christmas time?

Put it in a freezer that's locked. Or far away from people. It wouldn't last until christmas time here at least in an unlocked freezer.

Jokes! Seriously, though. The tins are pretty well sealed but not airtight. If I were to have the self control and be able to wait, I'd put the tins/boxes in an airtight container, and that into a freezer you don't have to defrost. Moisture could do bad things to this IMO.

Toffeeking

polarbear22 wrote:We have had a tin of the toffee bites open in the freezer for about two months, from the April offer. We have been rationing through the hot summer, no shipping chocolate, months. Since it has been open, quality has decreased slightly, but it is still utterly fantastic.

The dog will be glad when we get our shipment. Poor dog has had to settle for chicken strips, or other dog treats. Since we are rationing, he gets smaller pieces. (A bit of a Bite.) So not so much smacking of his lips as just drolling.

Glad to hear your dog has recovered from his ligament injury! You do need to ensure you have enough to get him/her through the winter, so that their is no further suffering.

Toffeeking

jwhite6114 wrote:I formally nominate MaskedMarvel for the best labrat ever award!

Awesome reviews, man!

Edit: And nice masked monkey in the pic -- it's good that we can now put a face to the name

We second that!

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Last wooter to woot: CAGrl

Had to go in for 2. One for me and one to give as Christmas gifts. Yummy. I was going to order this on their website so this worked out perfectly. Can't wait!

Toffeeking

widmer69 wrote:Ordered this for mother's day this year when it was a side deal. We got the toffee on time, but the order was missing the toppers. Brandini was quick to post that they had some computer errors and some of their orders came up as a different order so the bits never got shipped out. They told us to email them with our order number and info and they would ship out the toppers asap. Did that but never received them.
The toffee was reported as being good tho, for what it's worth.

That's not good, have you interigated your postal carrier? Please email us, don't know how that could happen again, however we are here to correct any problems you encounter. The toffee does have a very potent aroma that you can smell for some distance, even through the USPS box. My theory is that the post office worker is an addict and could not help themself. Some other wooters seem to have the same issue.

ericChoi89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericChoi89

Brandini toffee...

do we have to be 21 to get this package?

Toffeeking

Corrado wrote:What's to stop you from separating the chocolate topping from the toffee base? I'm sure you could find someone to chow down on the yummy chocolate remains!

Hey we are here to please. We can make this request happen. The big problem is the heat in the desert this time of year. In fact we are still in the 100's. Brandini Toffee has no additives and should be refrig. always. Give us a note with your order and if you want all the toffee chocolate free or just some, as you may want to give some to friends. May take us a couple of days, but we are here for you!

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
Toffeeking wrote:Hey we are here to please. We can make this request happen. The big problem is the heat in the desert this time of year. In fact we are still in the 100's. Brandini Toffee has no additives and should be refrig. always. Give us a note with your order and if you want all the toffee chocolate free or just some, as you may want to give some to friends. May take us a couple of days, but we are here for you!

Waitaminute! You can do toffee without chocolate? That's not what the kids said....

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Toffeeking

filteauf wrote:Been indecisive between 1 and 3 all morning, finally broke down. I have too much regret for not getting 6 of the gourmet kitchen oils and 3 of the balsamic offering, and completely missing some of the cheese offerings from back in the winter. From the sounds of it I won't be let down with the quality here.

Let me restate the quality issue. Every step of the toffee is hand made. The Almonds are hand roasted and chopped, the toffee is hand stirred for over an hour. The chocolate is applied to the top of the toffee by hand, then pack by hand. We believe that this is the secret to the crunchy but not chewy texture. It is a toffee experience like you have never had.

Toffeeking

artulo wrote:Put it in a freezer that's locked. Or far away from people. It wouldn't last until christmas time here at least in an unlocked freezer.

Jokes! Seriously, though. The tins are pretty well sealed but not airtight. If I were to have the self control and be able to wait, I'd put the tins/boxes in an airtight container, and that into a freezer you don't have to defrost. Moisture could do bad things to this IMO.

Good suggestion. The freezer is the place to keep it, even day to day. You can take a piece out for 5 minutes, if you can wait that long and it's ready to eat. Humidity is not good for this toffee, and neither is putting it in the frig with week old fish. We will be sending most of the toffee in the boxes in sealed bags. Another thing we have newly added to help keep it fresh.

Toffeeking

ericChoi89 wrote:Brandini toffee...

do we have to be 21 to get this package?

No restrictions here. You can get this delivered anywhere.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Toffeeking wrote:No restrictions here. You can get this delivered anywhere.

Including Japan?

You hear that Spryte? Anywhere.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Toffeeking

JOATMON wrote:Waitaminute! You can do toffee without chocolate? That's not what the kids said....

This is not our normal practice, but it can be done without many issues...just need to know the specifics. I do not recommend it, but then again to each their own. We don't want to exclude anyone from this toffee experience. The toffee kids have learned that we can't please everyone in the past...but have not learned that we need to keep our wooters happy!

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse
Toffeeking wrote:Let me restate the quality issue. Every step of the toffee is hand made. The Almonds are hand roasted and chopped, the toffee is hand stirred for over an hour. The chocolate is applied to the top of the toffee by hand, then pack by hand. We believe that this is the secret to the crunchy but not chewy texture. It is a toffee experience like you have never had.

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I'd LOVE to get this, and even if I do order it, I'd have to give it all away unless it's the non-chocolate stuff. Would prefer to KEEP some of it for myself, but if I can't, atleast I can enjoy others enjoying it....

129 Woots and counting

Toffeeking

cmerrick wrote:Just want to make sure before I buy . . . the chocolate is MILK chocolate, not DARK, right???

It is a french vanilla dark chocolate, one of the finest that Guittard produces. It does not have the bitterness of most dark chocolate.