thebrandini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebrandini
umbluemusic wrote:I think the product is great, but the last time mine got shipped all the chocolate had broken off from the toffee during transport; they apparently hadn't melded together, which was slightly disappointing. Has anyone else had that happen when they got theirs? I'm considering getting some more, but want to make sure it isn't a common thing.

I'm very sorry that happened but since then we have enhanced our production to prevent that from happening. We do stand behind our product 100% and if it isn't perfect then we would be glad to replace it.

brandinitoffeegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandinitoffeegirl

Hey Wooters! It's Leah, the toffee girl, I just wanted to thank you all for the support and addictions to our toffee! We appreciate it! You are all contributing to our college funds so our parents thank you too!
Brandon, Happy 2 year Anniversary!!! Now go to bed, 6AM IB biology review tomorrow!
=]

Love,
Leah

brandinitoffeegirl

JOATMON wrote:Well, this is the first time they've been the main offer.

and hopefully not the last!
=]

brandinitoffeegirl

tkastorff wrote:oh s&$&#&*# man i don't need this! but I want it! no no no no

i swore off chocolate and sweets for October ... so tempting

Well what's great about our toffee is you can keep it in the freezer for 6 months...order it now and give it to yourself for Christmas!
=]

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON
thebrandini wrote:Hey Wooters! My dad said I could stay up past my bed time to blog. We are so excited to be the main deal this time! Actually today we celebrated our two year aniversary! That means two years ago we were creating our website and perfecting our first batch. When we started the company two years ago we would hand roast and grind our almonds, hand stir each 10 pound batch for an hour, and even hand break the toffee. The awesome thing now is that we're still doing that same thing but in a larger scale. We look forward to a fun week of Wooting. O and just kiding about the bedtime. *giggles*

So, I ask again; any chance for a non-chocolate offering? I can't consume caffeine...

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

thebrandini

JOATMON wrote:So, I ask again; any chance for a non-chocolate offering? I can't consume caffeine...

sorry unfortunately a "non-chocolate" toffee is not in our product line

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
auggie24 wrote:what kind of ice cream do the toffee bits complement the best?

Ah, almost any ice cream.

They talked (the last time Brandini Toffee was sold at woot) about selling their toffee with costco's "tub 'o vanilla ice cream" saying that it was awesome.

I have tried the toppers with various ice creams-- Dreyer's to Breyers, B&J to Haggen Daaz (however it is spelled). The toffee is very rich and sweet, so it works well with the lighter and less powerful flavors. Stay away from sherbets, sorbets and very chocolate-y/fudge-y flavors. Coffee Ice Cream with the toffee is just fantastic. Personally, I think vanilla is the quintessential accompaniment to this toffee.

Also, order a few of these and try mixing the Toppers with pretty much any desert and you will like it. I used some with my banana bread and it turned out great.

Good luck in your toffee adventures...godspeed in your health.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
umbluemusic wrote:I think the product is great, but the last time mine got shipped all the chocolate had broken off from the toffee during transport; they apparently hadn't melded together, which was slightly disappointing. Has anyone else had that happen when they got theirs? I'm considering getting some more, but want to make sure it isn't a common thing.

Mine (labrat) came shipped w/ and ice cool pack. I now have many fewer separate pieces than I did Monday morning ( I did try this around 10am, the wine... I wait till after lunch to break out). Thanks again WD!

Enjoy this wonderful mix of goodness!

dbgerwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbgerwick

i don't necessarily like almonds on my candy, but my wife does, and even if she didn't, i think its great that there are actually two hard working teenagers in our country that took such initiative to pay for their trips and have kept on going....wishing the brandini toffie duo the best of luck in their future...

I so badly want a Bandolier of Carrots

brandinitoffeegirl

lauratchi wrote:OH...

The Brandini team is just as relentless as sake guy charming the credit cards out of your wallet.

And the toffee bits would be good on almost any kind of ice cream.

you can also use the toppers on yogurt, in coffee, and I just made 40 cupcakes for our two year anniversary and sprinkled them on top (teenage favorite).

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Toffee Market Has Gone To The Dogs (TMM News Feed)

TMM Photo of candidate and Supporters

On the lighter side tonight, celebrities mingled this evening with locals at a modest residence to support "Roxy For President," sponsored by Brandini Artisan Toffee. Roxy, an 11 year old "part-paycheck part-paper towel," made face time with international super models and high powered studio executives in a fund raiser to support her campaign for what will certainly be the most interesting race come this November.

"I was invited. IN. VI. TED. How often can I say that?" commented Emmanuel Lewis as he munched on the Brandini Toffee Toppers . "Where's the vanilla bean ice cream? This would be perfect sprinkled on that!" Unavailable for comment, Gary Coleman was seen nodding in agreement.

TMM News Man on the Town, The Masked Marvel, caught up with Lindsey Lohan at the gala. After waiting a half hour for her to emerge from the washroom, he asked her position on the issues.

TMM: Lindz - what's the scoop on this party? How're you feeling?
LL: These are my bits! MY BITS! You wanna see my bits? See? Take a picture...

Ms. Lohan then returned to the washroom to adjust a chocolate smear from her upper lip.

The lady of the night, however, was the candidate herself, Roxy. Dressed in a casual Duke Blue Devil collar with bling reported to cost her owner untold sums over the years, Roxy was more than happy to set herself apart from the other candidates.

Rox: It's about size, MM. i don't have to tell you - those Toppers and Bits are fine; delicious in their own right. Buttery and crunchy at the same time - much like my campaign. But the real story can be found in the largest pieces. They're freakin' HUGE. And talk about a multi-layered situation. Crunchy toffee slathered in the darkest richest chocolate is enough for my competitors. But the roasted almonds sprinkled evenly across each piece is what this campaign is really all about. The ROXY FOR PRESIDENT Monkeys, as they're affectionately known, are all over it.

TMM: Did you chew up the carpet over there?

Rox-a-ringa-ding-dong: Well - I'm just going to have to get back to ya on THAT one!

That's it from THIS campaign stop. Be it large appetites for change, snacking for a better tomorrow, or simply dusting over the issues, Roxy's campaign and this Brandini Toffee batch may not be around past November, but they're BOTH sure to give you those warm fuzzy feelings we crave again and again.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

My stepmom got some of this from her boss for Christmas last year and she absolutely loved it. She likes extra dark chocolate-type flavors and this really hit the spot for her. I'm more of a milk chocolate fan and I thought it was really good, but didn't rave about it like she did. Just a note for chocolate people. ^_^

Still, we agreed it's excellent toffee.

PS - Ship to Japan and I'd be in for this. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
j-o-h-n wrote:Also seems like this price is a good deal -- you'd pay $45 + higher-shipping direct if I read things correctly.

Ayup! How good is this deal?

Click the link above for relative pricing, deal info, CT links, and more.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

MaskedMarvel wrote:Toffee Market Has Gone To The Dogs (TMM News Feed)

TMM Photo of candidate and Supporters

On the lighter side tonight, celebrities mingled this evening with locals at a modest residence to support "Roxy For President," sponsored by Brandini Artisan Toffee. Roxy, an 11 year old "part-paycheck part-paper towel," made face time with international super models and high powered studio executives in a fund raiser to support her campaign for what will certainly be the most interesting race come this November.

"I was invited. IN. VI. TED. How often can I say that?" commented Emmanuel Lewis as he munched on the Brandini Toffee Toppers . "Where's the vanilla bean ice cream? This would be perfect sprinkled on that!" Unavailable for comment, Gary Coleman was seen nodding in agreement.

TMM News Man on the Town, The Masked Marvel, caught up with Lindsey Lohan at the gala. After waiting a half hour for her to emerge from the washroom, he asked her position on the issues.

TMM: Lindz - what's the scoop on this party? How're you feeling?
LL: These are my bits! MY BITS! You wanna see my bits? See? Take a picture...

Ms. Lohan then returned to the washroom to adjust a chocolate smear from her upper lip.

The lady of the night, however, was the candidate herself, Roxy. Dressed in a casual Duke Blue Devil collar with bling reported to cost her owner untold sums over the years, Roxy was more than happy to set herself apart from the other candidates.

Rox: It's about size, MM. i don't have to tell you - those Toppers and Bits are fine; delicious in their own right. Buttery and crunchy at the same time - much like my campaign. But the real story can be found in the largest pieces. They're freakin' HUGE. And talk about a multi-layered situation. Crunchy toffee slathered in the darkest richest chocolate is enough for my competitors. But the roasted almonds sprinkled evenly across each piece is what this campaign is really all about. The ROXY FOR PRESIDENT Monkeys, as they're affectionately known, are all over it.

TMM: Did you chew up the carpet over there?

Rox-a-ringa-ding-dong: Well - I'm just going to have to get back to ya on THAT one!

That's it from THIS campaign stop. Be it large appetites for change, snacking for a better tomorrow, or simply dusting over the issues, Roxy's campaign and this Brandini Toffee batch may not be around past November, but they're BOTH sure to give you those warm fuzzy feelings we crave again and again.

I formally nominate MaskedMarvel for the best labrat ever award!

Awesome reviews, man!

Edit: And nice masked monkey in the pic -- it's good that we can now put a face to the name

CT | | | | | |

webbyrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webbyrat

Woot should do a brandini.woot.com!!!

~Webby

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Good Morning All!!!!

*** We interrupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement: ***
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…The Thursday Edition - Freshly, Completely Updated, Just For YOU!!!!!

Is there a Woot Wine Gathering in your neck of the woods? If so - come find out what you've been missing! If not...well get off your duff and organize one! We're nice people, and we bring GOOD wine!

Note: Any links take you to page ONE of the thread. Enjoy the read!

October
10/11: NoVA/DC #7 – Big Eight Rumble: Old World vs. New World Time to post your foods and your +1’s!
10/18: NYC #5 – A Taste of Spain on the UWS with Krugsters and her lovely hubby (who is NOT Mr. Krugsters!)
10/18: Seattle Area Aces is really trying to get something together for the 18th. Are YOU available?
10/18: Detroit #3 – Weird Foods Cheron’s looking for pairings to go with Alligator. And kangaroo. And Sake brownies. And other stuff
10/25: Connecticut #2… Theme is “Anything Goes”. Hmmm…sounds like what the DC/NoVA parties degenerate into.
10/25: Ohio! Conroo’s giving it another shot! Yell now if you’re in NE OH and can come!
10/26: DFW Area The Shirt.Wooters in the DFW area are getting together and have invited the W.W’ers along for the party.
October TBD: Seattle area Let’s pick a date and get some company up in the NW for Aces and Mr. Aces!
Portland, OR EdtheBedhead is aiming for October or November
Colorado #2 Joel is looking at late-October. Anyone available?

November
11/15: SoCal #4: The Vegas Invasion!!! The dates are set! Theme is Lesser Known Varietals. So bring your Wine Century sheets and fill in the matrix.
November TBD: NYC #6: Viva Italia! Cesare and KT are setting up an Italian Wines party over in Queens.
November/December TBD: NoVA/DC #8 Would people (that’s us!) get off the stick and pick a date????

Urgently needing some help:
NE Florida Yathink has posted possible locations. Please chime in with choices and dates!
Dallas-Fort Worth
Austin Area They are trying and trying, but haven’t got a date set.

You just missed:
9/22: Chicago #6 An evening with Otolith.

***We now return you to your regularly scheduled, Toffee-Induced Sugar Rush!***

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Y'know, I posted the w.w get together thread-jack without really looking at the product. Brandon & Leah - please look AWAY from the party posting. At least for a few more years.

tradinick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tradinick

So toffee usually goes for $17 per pound? Just checking

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Wow, I actually guessed RIGHT for once...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tkastorff wrote:oh s&$&#&*# man i don't need this! but I want it! no no no no

i swore off chocolate and sweets for October ... so tempting

I have a little bit left from the FIRST offer and it still tastes great, go ahead and order. It will be delicious in November

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

elizabethw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elizabethw

Does Woot labrat toffee? At 7 mos prego, I propose I'm an ideal candidate!

Woots: woot x19 (incl 1 Baggie of Cthulhu which was 1 too many), wine x7 (incl Ty Caton trio - yum!), sellout x7, kids x6 (expect many more of these), shirt x5

cheron98

elizabethw wrote:Does Woot labrat toffee? At 7 mos prego, I propose I'm an ideal candidate!

Looks like WD sent out the labrats with the toothstejnn bottles - the rat pack has already reported in (and y'all have been packed, too...).

jwhite6114

tradinick wrote:So toffee usually goes for $17 per pound? Just checking

Depends. If you're Brandini $22 a pound is normal.

Opinions of the food products offered on woot are generally high. Most of the products offered are not mass-produced cheap-o food "stuffs". They are pricier than normal, but are expected to be higher quality. Lots of wineuaxs are foodies, too; and they have been happy to date with the foods at the woot prices. Just check out the comments on the toffee from when it was offered as a side deal.

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We have had a tin of the toffee bites open in the freezer for about two months, from the April offer. We have been rationing through the hot summer, no shipping chocolate, months. Since it has been open, quality has decreased slightly, but it is still utterly fantastic.

The dog will be glad when we get our shipment. Poor dog has had to settle for chicken strips, or other dog treats. Since we are rationing, he gets smaller pieces. (A bit of a Bite.) So not so much smacking of his lips as just drolling.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

Product description is wrong. It is 'Bites", not "Bits".

I'd have thought our two candymakers would have been all over that. More likely, they were trying to study for that Bio exam while posting. They are on Wine.Woot, they should get a school holiday and an automatic "A" on the test. They are busy doing their best for America in recharging the economy.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

OK, so what are "shicken strips" - our canine overlord simply must know.

polarbear22

CardinalGoldstein wrote:OK, so what are "shicken strips" - our canine overlord simply must know.

They are an unusual form of processed food made to resemble chicken in consistency and flavor.

I corrected my typo.

My Cellar

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

1 1/2 lb Toffee Bits
1 1/2 lb Toffee Toppers
1 1 lb Brandini Toffee

Ok....11 lb of Toffee????? or 1 lb???? or 1 1/2 lb????

Can this be eaten while I listen to my iPod drinking wine??? Just trying to multitask.

Yikes, some editor is really in trouble on this one!!! Gonna have to buy more wine just to eat 11 lbs. The office is really going to be happy. That WD is really a generous fellow and it's not even Christmas. I need a WOOT monkey or a rattage!

cheron98

boatman72 wrote:1 1/2 lb Toffee Bits
1 1/2 lb Toffee Toppers
1 1 lb Brandini Toffee

Ok....11 lb of Toffee????? or 1 lb???? or 1 1/2 lb????

Can this be eaten while I listen to my iPod drinking wine??? Just trying to multitask.

Read it like:

(1) 1/2 lb Toffee Bits
(1) 1/2 lb Toffee Toppers
(1) 1 lb Brandini Toffee

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

The office is really gone be sad if it's ( ) when there are no ( ). :-(

camelsamba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages camelsamba
hld1970 wrote:Just a future FYI...the way this reads almost makes it appear that its 1 AND 1/2 lbs in each tin. No biggie. Maybe spell out the 1?

1 1/2 lb Toffee Bits
1 1/2 lb Toffee Toppers
1 1 lb Brandini Toffee

Very good point! I was figuring out price per pound on 4 lbs. Since it's only 2 lbs, I'll stick to homemade.

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
boatman72 wrote:
Can this be eaten while I listen to my iPod drinking wine???

You can hear your iPod drinking wine?!? I had assumed that the rapid disappearance of wine in my house was the result of evaporation. I never once suspected that it was my iPod! That explains a lot. I wonder what else it does while my back is turned...

kmeyersvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmeyersvt
auggie24 wrote:what kind of ice cream do the toffee bits complement the best?

I would say a nice French Vanilla for sure!

I bought the toffee the last time it was up, wonderfully rich and buttery with just the right balance of toffee and chocolate topping.

Must... keep ... self ... from... ordering

Insert witty saying here.

kmeyersvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmeyersvt
polarbear22 wrote:They are an unusual form of processed food made to resemble chicken in consistency and flavor.

I corrected by typo.

We call them Chicken Pretenders at my house ...

Insert witty saying here.

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr

WD informed me I would be receiving 2 packages with my labrattage.
When the FedEx guy came to our office yesterday I get a call from our receptionist: "You have a package and can I have it?"
I said "I don't even know what it is!"

After running downstairs to rescue my package, I opened it up and shared it with the girls downstairs. There was an ice pack in the box, but it was hotter than the coffee in the coffee pot!

the box contained one tin of the toffee bites. And oooooohhhhh they were good!
Upon first opening the tin the bites were soft and chewy like caramel with chocolate and toffee on top. but not quite as stick-to your teeth like caramel can be.
Today, after the bites have been able to cool down in the house the bites are more crunchy, but not break your teeth crunchy like toffee can be.
So I would say it should be safe for those with braces or false teeth.

They are rich and chocolatey. Someone mentioned they didn't care for almonds.
On the bites I had there are nut pieces, but I didn't taste an almond flavoring, just a mild nut flavor. Each bite is about 1/2 inch square.
They are also addictive. VERY hard to stop at just one.

someguy184

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someguy184

Screw the diet. This stuff looks too good. I've been staring at the page for 30 minutes trying to decide whether to order it or not, then I realized I was drooling a bit. Of course, I haven't eaten today, and one is never supposed to shop on an empty stomach, but I justified the purchase with the idea I'll give away some of the order of 3 as Christmas presents. Or I'll just get extra fat and happy eating ninety bucks worth of toffee.

Blogging Old CEO cherry finally popped 4/1/2008
Box of Chorizo +coupon code s-NAIL on 4/1/2009
Bundle of Cornucopias 12/1/2010

tbonehandshake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbonehandshake

This ain't wine colored. It ain't wine atall!

thebrandini

curtisuxor wrote:Ah, almost any ice cream.

They talked (the last time Brandini Toffee was sold at woot) about selling their toffee with costco's "tub 'o vanilla ice cream" saying that it was awesome.

I have tried the toppers with various ice creams-- Dreyer's to Breyers, B&J to Haggen Daaz (however it is spelled). The toffee is very rich and sweet, so it works well with the lighter and less powerful flavors. Stay away from sherbets, sorbets and very chocolate-y/fudge-y flavors. Coffee Ice Cream with the toffee is just fantastic. Personally, I think vanilla is the quintessential accompaniment to this toffee.

Also, order a few of these and try mixing the Toppers with pretty much any desert and you will like it. I used some with my banana bread and it turned out great.

Good luck in your toffee adventures...godspeed in your health.

I agree, vanilla is the way to go! o and try it in cheesecake : D

dnasquesttoblack3000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dnasquesttoblack3000
brandinitoffeegirl wrote:Hey Wooters! It's Leah, the toffee girl, I just wanted to thank you all for the support and addictions to our toffee! We appreciate it! You are all contributing to our college funds so our parents thank you too!
Brandon, Happy 2 year Anniversary!!! Now go to bed, 6AM IB biology review tomorrow!
=]

Love,
Leah

hah, i went to an IB program in florida many years ago (10 actually!). good luck on your IB exams!

the quest:

1. humbug 2. GV's book 3. Wellington 3+mystery (X2) 4. woot norse thingy with funny bottle (X2) 5. va made me buy gundlach, 6. your mumm 7. willy nilly pinots 8. emergency woot wine 9. fake gunbun, 10. ty field 11. tryasipo'dis

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

Ordered this for mother's day this year when it was a side deal. We got the toffee on time, but the order was missing the toppers. Brandini was quick to post that they had some computer errors and some of their orders came up as a different order so the bits never got shipped out. They told us to email them with our order number and info and they would ship out the toppers asap. Did that but never received them.
The toffee was reported as being good tho, for what it's worth.

hooray beer!